Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 450042 times)

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #2125 on: March 22, 2018, 06:27:10 AM »
new here... hi.

Is there an itinerary or shooting schedule somewhere online for any race season?

I'm asking because I just started a rewatch of the series where I'm trying to get a feeling for what the racers actually went through -- and it's very confusing. Just one example: an evening party shown briefly at the start of season 1 episode 9 in Laxmi Niwas could not have happened if teams only spent 12 hours there. I'm guessing that stop was 36 hours minimum?

:welcome: to RFF haybale!!

The answer is YES!

RFF has grown tremendously season by season. As we try to follow each season in LIVE time during the filming, in more recent seasons we have had great fun following them along. Our LIVE (SPOILER) info has grown season by season. All spoiler info is summarized in a stickied TIMELINE post in each season's own thread maybe from season 9 or 10 on? Not sure when we started that without checking.  :-[

Older seasons can be found in the ARCHIVES

Examples of recent seasons would be

30 with an extensive summary at the end as well.

For ALL the seasons,  we also have an EXTENSIVE WIKI

That can be found here: http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Portal:The_Amazing_Race and may help you to follow as well.

Enjoy! And please feel free to ask for more here or message me.  I can often ask former racers to clarify, will see what I can find out about that delay for you.

Have fun!
"I can't speak for production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world. If you're a fan of the show, ... you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."Phil Keoghan

Offline haybale

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #2126 on: March 22, 2018, 08:35:08 AM »
Wow, thanks Peach. What a difference it makes when you know the right word to google.

Another forum's TAR1 TIMELINE contains a whole week of rest days that were not shown on tv.

« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 10:14:54 AM by georgiapeach »

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2127 on: March 22, 2018, 10:16:51 AM »
Glad you found something. There were several good TAR place's that are no longer active. I was a member of 2 and miss them still!
"I can't speak for production, but I really like that people see us when we're traveling around the world. If you're a fan of the show, ... you're going to be more excited because you want to see what happens."Phil Keoghan

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Carlton FC
« Reply #2128 on: March 22, 2018, 04:17:39 PM »
Glad you found something. There were several good TAR place's that are no longer active. I was a member of 2 and miss them still!

Don't worry Peach! This is the best TAR place!
LLLL

0 wins and 4 losses. 18th on the ladder. We Suck.

Offline violetb1911

• RFF Full Member
  • rosa diaz x gina linetti
« Reply #2129 on: March 24, 2018, 02:06:00 PM »
In leg 6 of TAR US 21, at the pit-stop there was a Turkish band playing some tune, is there somebody who recognizes that tune? Like is there a name for that routine?
I really liked the band's tune and I cannot for the life of me find out what the tune is, so if someone identifies it, do let me know.

TAR Crossworlds, 2018.

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2130 on: March 29, 2018, 11:44:49 AM »
I know in the earlier seasons they did, but in the later seasons, did the race ever have a flight after the first leg (not counting the final leg) that connected through the US?

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2131 on: March 29, 2018, 12:36:09 PM »
Aside from Season 8?

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2132 on: March 29, 2018, 12:46:56 PM »
Any season after the first all-stars

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2133 on: March 29, 2018, 04:18:56 PM »
I believe the two flights in TAR 25 from St. Thomas to London connected through Atlanta.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2134 on: April 01, 2018, 04:27:36 PM »
Does anybody kbow the flight that teams took on S15 leg 12?

They were seen taking a British Airways flight from Prague.

When landing in Vegas we see they were on Virgin Atlantic.

British Airways has only operated flights from Prague to London Heathrow whereas Virgin has only operated Vegas flights from London Gatwick. Does this mean teams had a change of airports in London? Or maybe it was just a BA exterior shot but they definitely took a Virgin flight and the only operators of Prague to Gatwick would've most likely have been Easyjet.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2135 on: April 01, 2018, 10:36:45 PM »
Does anybody kbow the flight that teams took on S15 leg 12?

They were seen taking a British Airways flight from Prague.

When landing in Vegas we see they were on Virgin Atlantic.

British Airways has only operated flights from Prague to London Heathrow whereas Virgin has only operated Vegas flights from London Gatwick. Does this mean teams had a change of airports in London? Or maybe it was just a BA exterior shot but they definitely took a Virgin flight and the only operators of Prague to Gatwick would've most likely have been Easyjet.

I asked Dan:

"I think we did take a transfer bus  and then I know we went on virgin to USA." He thinks transfer was Heathrow to Gatwick. Good pick up!

:waves:

Offline nrh2110

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2136 on: April 04, 2018, 12:17:17 PM »
https://nypost.com/2017/05/31/amazing-race-crew-reveal-their-craziest-behind-the-scenes-tales/

The article talks about a team in Hong Kong that refused to check in. Any ideas as to who it was?

Offline Xoruz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2137 on: April 04, 2018, 12:36:04 PM »
Pretty sure it was Mary & Peach.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2138 on: April 04, 2018, 12:41:42 PM »

Yeah, it was after dark, they knew they were getting eliminated, so they just were like "screw it, let's go have dinner". I remember that.

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Carlton FC
« Reply #2139 on: April 04, 2018, 05:43:32 PM »

Yeah, it was after dark, they knew they were getting eliminated, so they just were like "screw it, let's go have dinner". I remember that.

'We're made our own Pit Stop' <3333333
LLLL

0 wins and 4 losses. 18th on the ladder. We Suck.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #2140 on: April 05, 2018, 03:49:26 PM »
Peach was also sick from the tea they had to drink.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!