Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 120109 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #600 on: January 20, 2018, 12:00:40 PM »
:welcome2:

The answer may be in our WIKI...but we'll ask wiki master G.B as well!

http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Portal:The_Amazing_Race
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #601 on: January 20, 2018, 03:20:33 PM »
That actually does not sound familiar to me at all...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #602 on: January 21, 2018, 05:29:14 PM »
Trying to remember something from one of the early seasons of TAR. From what I recall, it was towards the end of the season (maybe 4 or 5 teams left), and I believe they were in Asia. At the end of a road block or detour (but not the pit stop), the route info card told them to go to a location in a city that was a few hundred miles away.

It was late in the day, and the teams quickly realized there was no public transportation that would go to that city until the next morning. A few teams checked into a hotel for the night, but 1 or 2 teams managed to separately hire a private driver, or a mini-bus, or ?? (some sort of non-public transportation) to drive them to the next location.

I remember reading an interview with Phil (or one of the producers) after the fact saying that they had to scramble and barely got to the location ahead of the teams, and had never guessed the teams would be resourceful enough to use non-public transportation.

This is not the incident in Season 1 where 2 of the teams were able to buy train tickets but Momily (and Guido?) got left behind and ended up hours ahead.

Thanks!
Maybe this was season 4 during the Sabah to Poring Hot Springs starting leg in Malaysia? ???
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91
« Reply #603 on: January 22, 2018, 12:32:13 PM »
Trying to remember something from one of the early seasons of TAR. From what I recall, it was towards the end of the season (maybe 4 or 5 teams left), and I believe they were in Asia. At the end of a road block or detour (but not the pit stop), the route info card told them to go to a location in a city that was a few hundred miles away.

It was late in the day, and the teams quickly realized there was no public transportation that would go to that city until the next morning. A few teams checked into a hotel for the night, but 1 or 2 teams managed to separately hire a private driver, or a mini-bus, or ?? (some sort of non-public transportation) to drive them to the next location.

I remember reading an interview with Phil (or one of the producers) after the fact saying that they had to scramble and barely got to the location ahead of the teams, and had never guessed the teams would be resourceful enough to use non-public transportation.

This is not the incident in Season 1 where 2 of the teams were able to buy train tickets but Momily (and Guido?) got left behind and ended up hours ahead.

Thanks!

The only bit that sounds familiar to me is where production barely made it to the Pitstop before the teams.  I'm thinking this was S11?  ???  But as far as the rest goes I don't really remember anything like that.  :duno:
Wishlist for Next Returnee Season:
Kym & Alli - Misti & Jim - Mike & Rochelle - Hayley & Blair - Ernest & Jin - Cindy & Rick - Tiffany & Krista
 - Scott & Blair - Mike & Liz

.... The World is Waiting! ....

Online Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • AKA Paldog AKA Paldog123456
« Reply #604 on: January 22, 2018, 12:45:11 PM »
Lately I've been interested in Russian culture and such and was wondering, which is the best TAR episode in Russia? I like the season 13 ones but are there others I should take a closer look at?
Por ti volaré
Espera que llegaré
Mi fin de trayecto eres tú
Para vivirlo los dos

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #605 on: January 22, 2018, 02:26:44 PM »
Leg 6 of TAR17 is probably my favorite.

Offline DavidJunior

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #606 on: January 22, 2018, 04:26:52 PM »
I enjoyed the tasks for both legs in 14 and 21- especially 21

The leg in season 5 was pretty good from what I can remember (haven’t watched it in ages)

Season 9’s leg had the Russian nesting dolls task, which was the main stand out for that leg

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It's TAR30 now and time to dance!!
« Reply #607 on: January 22, 2018, 04:55:22 PM »
Lately I've been interested in Russian culture and such and was wondering, which is the best TAR episode in Russia? I like the season 13 ones but are there others I should take a closer look at?

TAR5's leg in Russia is my personal favourite
Ahhhh DJ Bravo!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #608 on: January 28, 2018, 10:32:58 AM »
I'm 100% sure I've posted this before but I want to do it again: an All Stars 2 cast - what could've been.

- Amani & Marcus (S19)
- Andy & Tommy (S19)
- Brendon & Rachel (S20)
- Mark & Bopper (S20)
- Jaymes & James (S21)
- Natalie & Nadiya (S21)
- Max & Katie (S22)
- Caroline & Jennifer (S22)
- Dave & Connor (S22)
- Tim & Marie (S23)
- Leo & Jamal (S23)

I've eliminated: Joey & Meghan, Margie & Luke, John & Jessica, Flight Time & Big Easy, Jet & Cord. 5 teams..

Also I just wanted to say I despise Dave & Connor but I believe they did deserve to come back.

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #609 on: January 28, 2018, 03:02:22 PM »
Yeah, however horrible Dave & Connor were, even in hindsight I would still put them on the cast for All-Stars.

But after the way S24 turned out, I hope we never get another All-Stars lol. Just newbie seasons with good casts would be amazing to me.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 05:30:00 PM by Marionete »

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #610 on: January 28, 2018, 03:12:12 PM »
Yeah, however horrible Team Cancer was, even in hindsight I would still put them on the cast for All-Stars.

But after the way S24 turned out, I hope we never get another All-Stars lol. Just newbie seasons with good casts would be amazing to me.

But I still think we have a good All-Stars season, with teams from S25-30...
Ahhhh DJ Bravo!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #611 on: January 28, 2018, 03:33:23 PM »
Yes, I agree that there are enough teams to potentially bring back for All-Stars, but there were also amazing possibilities for S24. And some teams declined, some had commitments, so we ended up with a trash season.

Of course it wasn't just casting, and most of the legs were very weak (with even the cast members saying their original seasons were harder). So I guess it's the overall production value that has turned me off with regard to future All-Stars seasons.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #612 on: January 28, 2018, 03:48:20 PM »
Yeah, however horrible Team Cancer was, even in hindsight I would still put them on the cast for All-Stars.

Stop calling them that. I'm serious. I had a family member who just recently went through cancer, and I spent day after day wondering if he was going to survive. It's extremely insensitive and thoughtless. No-one, not even your worst enemies, should be identified as "cancer".
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #613 on: January 28, 2018, 05:15:18 PM »

Stop calling them that. I'm serious. I had a family member who just recently went through cancer, and I spent day after day wondering if he was going to survive. It's extremely insensitive and thoughtless. No-one, not even your worst enemies, should be identified as "cancer".

Im the same guys. I lost my Aunty and grandpa to this disease in 2016...
Ahhhh DJ Bravo!

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #614 on: January 28, 2018, 05:30:18 PM »
Did not mean to offend anyone, I messaged GB about this.

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #615 on: January 28, 2018, 10:54:25 PM »
Dave & Connor absolutely deserved a spot on All-Stars. Who didn't think it was pretty awesome that they still were able to Race even with the busted ankle.

It wasn't until TAR24 *shudder* that they showed just how horrible they could really be.  :snicker:

I'm 100% sure I've posted this before but I want to do it again: an All Stars 2 cast - what could've been.

- Amani & Marcus (S19)
- Andy & Tommy (S19)
- Brendon & Rachel (S20)
- Mark & Bopper (S20)
- Jaymes & James (S21)
- Natalie & Nadiya (S21)
- Max & Katie (S22)
- Caroline & Jennifer (S22)
- Dave & Connor (S22)
- Tim & Marie (S23)
- Leo & Jamal (S23)

I've eliminated: Joey & Meghan, Margie & Luke, John & Jessica, Flight Time & Big Easy, Jet & Cord. 5 teams..

Also I just wanted to say I despise Dave & Connor but I believe they did deserve to come back.

That would've been a great All-Stars cast. Though I'm a Pam & Winnie fan so I'd put them in over Caroline & Jennifer. Though I didn't have a problem with them in TAR22, so maybe it's just because of my opinion of them after TAR24 lol

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #616 on: February 11, 2018, 12:05:56 AM »
Why is this more suspenseful than the last 2, 3, 4, 5 or so seasons?

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_TTdy2nVCj0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_TTdy2nVCj0</a>

And this was a race for 2nd. In 2016, they would cut all of this out (ok, maybe not because of Rachel :lol: )

Bringing back this gem because the current season is one of the most poorly edited seasons to date :/

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #617 on: February 12, 2018, 05:13:05 AM »
TAR 30 is the first season since TAR 25 has two consecutive legs without Roadblock (Leg 2-3 for TAR 25, leg 7-8 for TAR 30), for two different purposes (TAR 25 for Bethany's one-arm, TAR 30 for swapping partners), both season have the premiere with plenty of tasks