Author Topic: Last Episode?  (Read 72784 times)

Offline VegasSinner

• RFF Not So Newbie
Last Episode?
« on: August 07, 2009, 02:41:58 AM »
They will be in Las Vegas today, 8/7.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Re: Last Episode?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 02:57:51 AM »
Any proofs?
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 04:40:50 AM »
Any proofs?

VegasSinner
RFF Newbie

:casey

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 05:00:51 AM »

:welcome2: to RFF VegasSinner!!!  Thanks for sharing!

The TAR Detective team concurs.  :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 05:29:54 AM »
Any proofs?

VegasSinner
RFF Newbie

I think Joab, you may have been wrong!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 05:52:23 AM »
if this is true then I hope the finish line will be in Hoover Dam just a few miles southeast of Las Vegas, and there's a bridge that is now under construction just in front of that famous dam in which I'd found this news article from BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8186262.stm

and btw, if Tiffany and Michelle are on the final 3 [hopefully], then it is a big advantage for them due to in fact that Las Vegas is their home city, so there's a possible that they could win big there and being the 1st all female team to win $1 million for the 1st time in TAR history!!!  So, let's cross our fingers and pray to the Lord that they'll on the final 3 and win the big prize! :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 06:03:09 AM »
Any proofs?

VegasSinner
RFF Newbie

I think Joab, you may have been wrong!

My posts says nothing? You're jumping to conclusion? :funny:

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:32:58 AM »
FINAL TASK: Play poker in Las vegas, once they accumulated $100, 000 they must now run to the finish line!

Maria/Tiffany wins!  :hearts:  :jumpy:  :wohoo:

[No evidence, Just speculation.]
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 12:56:56 PM »
if this is true then I hope the finish line will be in Hoover Dam just a few miles southeast of Las Vegas, and there's a bridge that is now under construction just in front of that famous dam in which I'd found this news article from BBC: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8186262.stm

and btw, if Tiffany and Michelle are on the final 3 [hopefully], then it is a big advantage for them due to in fact that Las Vegas is their home city, so there's a possible that they could win big there and being the 1st all female team to win $1 million for the 1st time in TAR history!!!  So, let's cross our fingers and pray to the Lord that they'll on the final 3 and win the big prize! :hearts:

Yeah, it would totally work out in their favor (and we'd finally get a F/F winner; amazing stuff given the field this season).  Except, not really, if you've followed the series from 2001 to present.
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 01:11:38 PM »
Don't y'all read the spoilers?? :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline VegasSinner

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2009, 01:12:03 PM »

:welcome2: to RFF VegasSinner!!!  Thanks for sharing!

The TAR Detective team concurs.  :jumpy:

Thanks for the welcome.  I am new here, and I have no proof, but you will see.  Thank you, thank you very much.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2009, 01:15:44 PM »
:bigwelcome

Well if you see anything, we'd love to hear about it!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2009, 02:10:19 PM »
Stage 1: Denial :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2009, 02:26:32 PM »

:welcome2: to RFF VegasSinner!!!  Thanks for sharing!

The TAR Detective team concurs.  :jumpy:

Thanks for the welcome.  I am new here, and I have no proof, but you will see.  Thank you, thank you very much.

I'm sensing an Elvis related task.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 09:40:13 AM by graytex »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2009, 10:16:28 PM »
Stage 1: Denial :lol:

I am in Stage 1 right now. :funny: Rewatching the TAR 14 reruns on AXN. (the Phuket,  Bangkok & Guilin episodes...I'm still hurting from last season's boot order :funny:)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2009, 02:05:23 AM »
No one wins in their hometown. NO ONE, I TELL YOU!
I actually hope the leg will run through the famous main road... whatever it's called. :)

just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2009, 02:36:45 AM »
No one wins in their hometown. NO ONE, I TELL YOU!
I actually hope the leg will run through the famous main road... whatever it's called. :)

The Strip. Very odd. I once rode the Strip Trolley, but it didn't live to my expectations :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline VegasSinner

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2009, 02:57:49 AM »

The Strip. Very odd. I once rode the Strip Trolley, but it didn't live to my expectations :lol:
[/quote]

It's not odd if you live here...it's actually full of fun, entertainment and excitement! 
That's probably why they chose Vegas for their final destination.
The last three teams flew in this afternoon at 1:45pm, their clue was to head to a wedding chapel on the Strip, walk in on a wedding taking place, and get the clue from the "King".  Once they arrived in the chapel, there was a couple set up to pretend to get married by Elvis, Elvis then gave them the final clue which was to make their way over to the MGM hotel at the other end of the Strip to win.  I have no proof.  You'll just have to take my word for it, a total stranger, that lives and works in sin city.   

Thank you, thank you very much.

Offline VegasSinner

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2009, 03:01:21 AM »
FINAL TASK: Play poker in Las vegas, once they accumulated $100, 000 they must now run to the finish line!

Maria/Tiffany wins!  :hearts:  :jumpy:  :wohoo:

[No evidence, Just speculation.]

No all female teams were among the three teams that arrived.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2009, 03:10:30 AM »
It's not odd if you live here...it's actually full of fun, entertainment and excitement!  
The last three teams flew in this afternoon at 1:45pm, their clue was to head to a wedding chapel on the Strip, walk in on a wedding taking place, and get the clue from the "King".  Once they arrived in the chapel, there was a couple set up to pretend to get married by Elvis, Elvis then gave them the final clue which was to make their way over to the MGM hotel at the other end of the Strip to win.  I have no proof.  You'll just have to take my word for it, a total stranger, that lives and works in sin city.  

Question, how come the leg looks so easy and located in just one place (The strip to be exact). (I mean, where;s the detour and the final roadblock?)? Usually, Final Legs are the most tense of all legs right?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 03:13:49 AM »
So if I come to Vegas and get married VegasSinner will you come? My bf and I have been talking about getting married by Elvis for years :elvis: just haven't found the time.

Thanks for all the info and yes I believe! :waves:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 03:16:40 AM »
So if I come to Vegas and get married VegasSinner will you come? My bf and I have been talking about getting married by Elvis for years :elvis: just haven't found the time.

Thanks for all the info and yes I believe! :waves:

It's my dream to get married in Vegas (or even visit it!) too!  :lol: :lol3: :monkey

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 03:47:24 AM »
The last three teams flew in this afternoon at 1:45pm, their clue was to head to a wedding chapel on the Strip, walk in on a wedding taking place, and get the clue from the "King".  Once they arrived in the chapel, there was a couple set up to pretend to get married by Elvis, Elvis then gave them the final clue which was to make their way over to the MGM hotel at the other end of the Strip to win.  I have no proof.  You'll just have to take my word for it, a total stranger, that lives and works in sin city.  

Question, how come the leg looks so easy and located in just one place (The strip to be exact). (I mean, where;s the detour and the final roadblock?)? Usually, Final Legs are the most tense of all legs right?

If VegasSinner has it right (and it sounds possible), there was probably more to the stop at the wedding chapel than he described and they probably had another task before that. As I recall, it's not very far from McCarran Airport to the MGM so as described, it won't take long, although traffic will provide tension. I hope they do something outside of the city, maybe a bungee jump at Hoover Dam, or water ski on Lake Mead or even search for dead mobsters in the desert.   ;D

For what it's worth, I took a look at the archived images of the MGM Grand webcam (it's Cam 2) http://www.earthcam.com/usa/nevada/lasvegas/# and I didn't see any sign of the racers, but that doesn't mean much. There's also a wedding chapel cam (cam 1) and it did show a couple of weddings, one with Elvis, but no racers there either. It did appear that the camera was off for a portion of the day and only showed black images.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 03:54:21 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 05:27:37 AM »

The last three teams flew in this afternoon at 1:45pm, their clue was to head to a wedding chapel on the Strip, walk in on a wedding taking place, and get the clue from the "King".  Once they arrived in the chapel, there was a couple set up to pretend to get married by Elvis, Elvis then gave them the final clue which was to make their way over to the MGM hotel at the other end of the Strip to win.  I have no proof.  You'll just have to take my word for it, a total stranger, that lives and works in sin city.   

Albuquerque? ??? Is the only scheduled flight at 1:45 PM.

No international flights at all from 1-2PM.

The only International flight that I can find which is even close is this one:

LGW London VS 43  Virgin Atlantic Airways 2:10 PM (scheduled)   1:52 PM (actual arr time)  T-2  Landed
  On-time  744 

« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:37:40 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 06:57:59 AM »
I can confirm that VS43 was the only flight from Europe arriving between noon and 3pm at 152pm. There were also 2 flights from Vancouver:
WS988 at 115pm
AC544 at 233pm

That's it for non-US originations.

VegasSinner, how can it be that teams were spotted on the Strip at approximately noon PDT yet were still on an airplane at the same time? I'd like your reconciliation of those two divergent data points.