Author Topic: Coup D' Etat  (Read 45468 times)

Offline kc

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Happy Sunny Day
Re: Coup D' Etat
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2009, 05:40:36 PM »
I just really hope it is used this time,  I am really tired of these "game changing" promises that never pan out.  Now if they really wanted to change the game they would let americas choice be who to vote out next.  That would really change the game, the houseguest wouldnt have any say what so ever they would be at the mercy of us mawwhhahahaha.  I know season 1 was like that the whole time and im not looking for it to be that way every week i would just like to have a vote once.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2009, 07:04:58 PM »
I know season 1 was like that the whole time and im not looking for it to be that way every week i would just like to have a vote once.

Instead of the HOH casting the tiebreaker vote, America should get the opportunity. Vote until some point in time early Thursday morning (so that BB has time to count up the votes). America would really screw the house every other week if that was the case. It would be all of the favorites left if the house kept tying.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2009, 08:33:11 PM »
I would quit watching if america got to break the tie.  I live on West Coast and we never get to vote when america gets to live vote during the show. 

Offline bearsfolife

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2009, 10:42:16 PM »
It'd be awesome if it was Ronnie or Jessie but just getting the vibe from a lot of people here, it'll probably be Jeff or Jordan.

I'm hoping a lot of fans want to see more drama and chose a Ronnie or Jessie. I'd love to see Lydia voted out and then Russell after her. Russell has made a promise to almost every single person in the house. He's playing everybody, and has now included Michelle in his game of musical chairs.

Say what you want about Ronnie, but he isn't trying to get in good with Jeff and Jordan. He's staying with his group and has stayed with his group(especially stayed true to Chima, Jessie, and Natalie). Can't blame Ronnie for talking behind Russell's back. Russell mocked him so much that what was he supposed to do? Forgive and forget? Would any of you do the same thing?

I don't see how people can like Russell or Lydia. Russell can pretend that he's loyal but he's so loyal that he makes deals with Jeff one minute, then he's talkin strategies with Chima or Ronnie or Jessie the next moment. One minute he's chummy with Ronnie, the next minute he calls him a rat.

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2009, 10:45:20 PM »
It'd be awesome if it was Ronnie or Jessie but just getting the vibe from a lot of people here, it'll probably be Jeff or Jordan.

I'm hoping a lot of fans want to see more drama and chose a Ronnie or Jessie. I'd love to see Lydia voted out and then Russell after her. Russell has made a promise to almost every single person in the house. He's playing everybody, and has now included Michelle in his game of musical chairs.

Say what you want about Ronnie, but he isn't trying to get in good with Jeff and Jordan. He's staying with his group and has stayed with his group(especially stayed true to Chima, Jessie, and Natalie). Can't blame Ronnie for talking behind Russell's back. Russell mocked him so much that what was he supposed to do? Forgive and forget? Would any of you do the same thing?

I don't see how people can like Russell or Lydia. Russell can pretend that he's loyal but he's so loyal that he makes deals with Jeff one minute, then he's talkin strategies with Chima or Ronnie or Jessie the next moment. One minute he's chummy with Ronnie, the next minute he calls him a rat.

You must have missed Ronnie's speech making to Jordon until 6 am this morning -- and his plea for a meeting with both J & J tonight.

Offline bearsfolife

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2009, 10:58:15 PM »

You must have missed Ronnie's speech making to Jordon until 6 am this morning -- and his plea for a meeting with both J & J tonight.

Is Russell fighting for his life in the house? I'd expect a true player to play every angle he can when he's possibly gonne be voted out.

Russell on the other hand has no reason to be making deals with every single person in the house.

Offline KitKat

• RFF's Kitty Kat
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2009, 11:03:22 PM »
I watched Jessie in BB10. Didn't like him then and don't like him now. I always seem to pull for the underdogs and we know that has been Jeff and Jordan. That is why I want one of them ..preferably Jeff to win the Coup D'ETAT. I am just sick of hearing Ronnie and Jessie talk about how awesome they are. JMO
delightful just delightful

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2009, 11:13:01 AM »
I am hoping Jeff is REALLY thinking.  I know he wants Jessie out and tonight is his best chance:

Take down Ronnie and put up Jessie

Russell can't vote

Lydia can't vote

Chima: Evict Lydia

Nat: Evict Lydia

Ronnie: Evict Lydia

Jordan: Evict Jessie

Kevin: Evict Jessie

Jeff: Evict Jessie

Michele: Evict Jessie  (she has to know that she would then go into next week on a stronger side her/Jeff/Jordan/Kevin and Lydia)

Jessie out the door before he becomes the free-loading jury member!

Also, if Jeff uses it tonight no disgruntled jury member- just his friends.

:yess:  Anyone else have a scenario?

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #58 on: August 06, 2009, 11:24:03 AM »
Wait, could Jeff vote??? If he replaces the HOH, Russell, would Russ be able to vote then? I'm thinking he might wait till next week when Ronnie is gone.  :duno:

But if he waits, will it leak somehow that he has the power... A lot of people are speculating that he has in anyway. Tonight will be really interesting!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: August 06, 2009, 11:26:01 AM »
Wait, could Jeff vote??? If he replaces the HOH, Russell, would Russ be able to vote then? I'm thinking he might wait till next week when Ronnie is gone.  :duno:

Oh good point I don't know how it works- I thought that because HOH and Veto are safe Jeff could simply replace nominations, I didn't know it is like a mini HOH and he can't vote!  UGH!  :groan:

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2009, 11:58:00 AM »
The way I understood it was that he was just replacing the nominee(s), not replacing the HOH.  If thats the case, he should be allowed to vote.  The whole point is to give the winner a serious dose of power for one eviction.  If he isn't allowed to vote, that power is weakened considerably. 

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2009, 12:20:07 PM »
The way I understood it was that he was just replacing the nominee(s), not replacing the HOH.  If thats the case, he should be allowed to vote.  The whole point is to give the winner a serious dose of power for one eviction.  If he isn't allowed to vote, that power is weakened considerably.  

HMMMM!!!! It would be a way to rid themselves of Jesse but then they would have Ronnie another week. (Which isn't a bad thing since everyone is hating on him anyway. I've thought for awhile he is the ideal target to keep it off a HG's back.)  :groan:

Welcome to RFF Libby!!

:bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2009, 12:23:23 PM »
Thanks!

I  think that I would let Ronnie be voted out this week and save the power for next week.

1.  If I had to choose Ronnie vs. Jessie in the jury house, I'd pick Jessie.  I think there is a slight chance that Jessie would vote rationally.  I don't think Ronnie would at all.  A lesser of two evils thing....

2.   If Jessie has to sweat the 'who has the power' thing another week, he'll go crazy.  He'll never be able to deal with it, especially if we should be so lucky as to see him be a have not again.   I think that, coupled with the current infighting in his group, would be in Jeff's favor.

3.   If Ronnie is gone this week and he uses the power next week to oust Jessie, the numbers are ALL on his side for sure for the weeks to follow.  If he uses it this week and Nat/Chima/Ronnie (maybe even Lydia....she'll go whichever way she thinks she has votes) win HOH, I think he is a sure thing to be on the block and he wouldn't have the numbers to stay because they would put one of his voters up with him.

The only thing that scares me is that he might somehow let Jordan know he has the power and she would never be able to keep it quiet for a week. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 12:30:53 PM by Libby »

Offline bbjunkey

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2009, 12:30:20 PM »
We all know Jeff wants both Ronnie and Jess out.  I thought getting rid of Jess this week might be a good idea, he's not competing - he's a sitting duck to do it.  Ronnie would have a hate on for Jeff big time and if its a mental comp he'd mostly likely get it or hopefully Michele.  He'd put Jeff up and he'd be fitting for his life.  I think Jeff has to wait, let the house knock out Ronnie and take his chances with Jesse not winning HOH.  Most likely it will be a mental comp this week and Michele gets it. If its Chimaneya - or whoever other than Jess - Jeff has a good chance to getting the job done next week.  If he does have the power.  I'm going to one p.o'd person if he does not get it. 

Offline LLeif885

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2009, 01:49:11 PM »
I hope BB is listening to the HGs speculate about the "mystery twist" because they are coming up with some creative ideas of what it could be... good ideas for future seasons I say... for example, swap someone in the house with someone already voted out and then that person gets immunity for 1 week... good idea... BB should do that sometime.

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2009, 02:47:11 PM »
Wait, could Jeff vote??? If he replaces the HOH, Russell, would Russ be able to vote then? I'm thinking he might wait till next week when Ronnie is gone.  :duno:

Oh good point I don't know how it works- I thought that because HOH and Veto are safe Jeff could simply replace nominations, I didn't know it is like a mini HOH and he can't vote!  UGH!  :groan:

If it were mini HOH Jeff could be the tie breaker!   :yess:

I think Jessie is way more dangerous in that house than Ronnie, and I hope Jeff make that bold move.

Offline lilsig

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2009, 03:05:16 PM »
I think that Jeff should wait it out until next week.  Right now he's safe with Ronnie leaving.  Who knows what could happen next week?  If he does it this week and Jessie goes home, he would have a stronger target on his back with more numbers against him and no more "wizard power" to save him and Jordan.  He should save it until next week and throw the HOH this week so he has a chance to play in it the following week when he won't have the power anymore.  This week is a shoe in that somebody from the other side will go, and if he waits, next week will also be a shoe in that somebody from the other side goes.  I just hope that it can be kept a secret all next week! Oh, lol, and of course this is if he gets it!  ;)

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2009, 03:14:17 PM »
 :waves: I see your point lilsig, but I wonder if it may be worth the gamble. 

Heres why:

Jessie is protected by Nat, Chima, Russell, and Ronnie if he doesn't go and Lydia is out somehow.

Jeff only has Jordan.

If he could get Jessie out, he would have Lydia, Kevin, Michele and Jordan. 

Making it 5 on Jeff's side then 4 on the Nat, Russell, Chima, and Ronnie side. 

I just see Jessie getting pretty far if they don't get him out soon.  He has learned alot about the game since last year.  He has alot of devout followers.

I see your side too though.  How Jeff could further their game a couple weeks by playing possum and not ruffling feathers. 

I don't know there is alot to both ways that are advantageous to Jeff. 

Offline lilsig

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2009, 03:24:36 PM »
:waves: I see your point lilsig, but I wonder if it may be worth the gamble. 

Heres why:

Jessie is protected by Nat, Chima, Russell, and Ronnie if he doesn't go and Lydia is out somehow.

Jeff only has Jordan.

If he could get Jessie out, he would have Lydia, Kevin, Michele and Jordan. 

Making it 5 on Jeff's side then 4 on the Nat, Russell, Chima, and Ronnie side. 

I just see Jessie getting pretty far if they don't get him out soon.  He has learned alot about the game since last year.  He has alot of devout followers.

I see your side too though.  How Jeff could further their game a couple weeks by playing possum and not ruffling feathers. 

I don't know there is alot to both ways that are advantageous to Jeff. 

I agree with you about a lot of that, but I think Ronnie's going tonight and I think Jeff thinks he's going tonight.  The votes should go: Jeff, Jordan, Kevin, and Michele to vote out Ronnie and Natalie, Jessie, Chima to vote out Lydia ONLY if they think there's any chance of him staying.  Kevin won't vote out Lydia in any circumstance right now, and Michele knows what side she should be on period. 

Once Ronnie goes, all Jeff has to do is put up ANY two of that alliance to break it up further next week.  Even if Jessie gets HOH (which i doubt since it will be mental) he can still weaken the other side by putting up Natalie and Chima..

Plus, I think as pathetic as Lydia is, she might be smart enough to break any alliance she had with Jessie.  ESPECIALLY if Jessie thinks theres anyway that he can get rid of her tonight and votes for her.  She will be heartbroken and HOPEFULLY wanna take revenge.

I agree that its risky leaving Jessie in there, but I think the way the votes are leaning this week, it could extend his and Jordan's game play by at least two weeks if he saves it until next week. :yess:

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2009, 03:39:23 PM »
^^^

That's what I was trying to say too!

Offline Queenycastle

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2009, 04:12:48 PM »
It is so tough to figure- right- I have been on pins and needles all day and updating sleeping HGs didn't help.  Well at least I have things that I have to do before the show now.  Either wya, I just really want Jeff to come out on top of the pile!  :tup:

Nice chatting with you both.  :waves:

Offline lilsig

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2009, 04:24:00 PM »
It is so tough to figure- right- I have been on pins and needles all day and updating sleeping HGs didn't help.  Well at least I have things that I have to do before the show now.  Either wya, I just really want Jeff to come out on top of the pile!  :tup:

Nice chatting with you both.  :waves:

;D Agreed!! I wish I had stuff to do, I'm stuck at work with nothing to do, and I live in Alaska so I still have 5 1/2 hours before it starts  :( !!

Offline Libby

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2009, 04:42:35 PM »
I think the bottom line is that if Jeff makes a bold move and waits it out until next week, the payoff could be huge.  Even if Jessie wins HOH, he can put out Chima or Natalie and lessen Jessie's numbers.  Last night, when Jordan was questioning whether it would be smart to put Jessie up because if he didn't go home he'd come after her hardcore, Jeff told her that it was time to make a BIG move.  I suspect he will think that way with the wizard power too.  The risk vs. reward makes it a no brainer.  If it weren't so certain that Ronnie were going home this week, it would be a different story.

Offline RahRah

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #73 on: August 06, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »
He needs to make sure he's safe first - if he uses it tonight he's vulnerable for next week - if he doesn't he and Jordan are guaranteed safe

I think it'd be best to ride it out; he's not the only one wanting Jessie's crew out
"No Biggie, No Worry, No Sweat! This game ain't over yet!" - Howie in final 5

Offline HurricaneHowieWood

• Big Brother Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • Reality TV! Pick your poison!
« Reply #74 on: August 06, 2009, 05:45:46 PM »
Of course everyone on this board has already put the Coup de'tat in Jeff's hands.  Who say's Jeff really wins it?  Yes America seems to hate Ronnie and Jessie, just one look at the office BB boards on Cbs.com will prove that.  But who says they maybe don't like a Russell, Lydia, Kevin a little bit more.

And one thing to remember BB is game.  And while Ronnie maybe a Rat in the way he plays,  he wa only taking pointers from some past BB winners, I mean look at Dr. Will, E.D., Boogie, And even Dan from last season.  Of course he got caught, where they didnt, early in the game.  By the time the HGs in previou seasons figured out what these guys were up it was to late.

So returning to the point no one knows who really won the Coup, until later tonight, and then and only then can we really say and see what the best move would/will be.
Like Us On FB: Reality Fan Forum