Author Topic: The Bachelorette  (Read 14516 times)

Offline Mamaschatzi

• Mama , Robs First Angel
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
The Bachelorette
« on: January 17, 2003, 07:45:02 AM »
I told myself that I wouldn't watch this show but I have caught some of it.  My personal favorite bachelor is Ryan.  No question about it.  I hope Trista picks him.  
We may rise and fall, but in the end
We meet our fate together.....Creed

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
Re: The Bachlorette
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2003, 05:55:56 PM »
I meant to watch the show the other night but I got hooked on another "classic fox" show, it was called Man vs beast.  They had some guy have a footrace against a baby giraffe and a zebra.  My favourite was the Navy seal racing against a monkey in an obstacle course.  So I will try to tune in next week and check this Ryan out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 06:00:00 PM by 1045980000 »

Theresa

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2003, 09:30:51 AM »
We have been watching The Bachlorette but I cant decide who I like yet.  Actually I like the one that wrote the poem and the athlete, but I can't remember anyones name yet  :-[.  We have been watching that and the celebrity mole.  

We were just talking about tv tonight and Cindi says American Idol starts tonight, I want to watch it, I told her, "Oh no we already have too many shows on Tuesday :-/." So she figured out we can watch Gilmore Girls, The Gaurdian, and Judging Amy and tape American Idol on one VCR, and tape some other show she wants to see and The Osbornes on the other VCR.  LOL, I guess this is one busy night of TV.  Please let them not add any more reality TV on Tuesdays, LOL.  

Theresa

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2003, 12:11:46 PM »
I have not watched this show yet.  I just hate how they are all putting Trista down saying she is moving too fast with the guys.  Funny they did not say that about the Bachelor!

Theresa

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2003, 05:47:30 PM »
I am not sure I like some of her picks and boots this week.  I like Ryan, but I don't actually care for Russ.  I think Russ is just too smooth.  I think she will most likely pick Russ, but somewhere down the road she will see the real Russ and she will be sorry.  I liked Jamie and Bob was funny, but they both got booted this week.  I am not real sure that Russ or Charlie are really what they appear to be.

I agree that it sucks that they are saying she is moving too fast.  She had only kissed one guy before this week.  She only has like 6 weeks to make a pick, I mean really do you want to choose the person you want to be with without even kissing them, LOL?  She has to get to know them and know what they are like, so they should give her a break.

Theresa

Offline Mamaschatzi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2003, 05:41:53 PM »
Did the bachelors ever sleep with anyone?  I never caught either except maybe in bits and pieces but I'm pretty sure that maybe the 1st bachelor did?  I don't like Russ either.  Some of the booted bachelors had said that they think she will pick Charlie.  I'm still betting on Ryan.  

Bathfizzy-I meant to watch that show Man vs. Beast.  I did see the commercial but had forgotton that it was on.

Theresa

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2003, 07:26:30 PM »
I did not see any of the Bachlore shows.  If they did sleep with one of the woman that would have probably been fine with the press, but if Trista does they will call her nasty names. They got ticked cus she was kissing them too soon, LOL.

Theresa

Theresa

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2003, 06:58:45 PM »
I picked it right tonight.  She got rid of Greg, I knew she was going to as soon as I saw his apartment.  I am really liking Ryan now.  I hope he wins.  I dislike Russ very much, I can't believe she keeps him around, he is so pushy.  She obviously feels an attraction to him though even though she feels pressured by him.  

Tonight was her birthday and I really liked the gift that Ryan gave her.  It really came from the heart.  His poems are good too.  He is a romantic and a gentleman, I guess that is why I like him so much.

Theresa

Offline Mamaschatzi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2003, 07:11:25 AM »
I didn't get to watch the show as I was watching American Idol :-[  Something is up with the vcr in my bedroom so I couldn't tape it.  What did my man Ryan give her?  Where does Mike live?  He looks like a NYer?  He brought her to his apartment?  I'll have to look on Reality News Online as they take apart each episode piece by piece.

Theresa

Re: The Bachelorette
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2003, 09:01:09 AM »
Ryan gave her flowers, plus a car on which he had written a lovely poem and also a black and white painting or drawing of a white tiger.  She loved it and said that it proved he really listens to her because he remembered that she had told him once that she loved white tigers.

I am not sure where Mike lives, but maybe you meant Greg.  He lives in NY in a very small rinky dink apartment. It was messy and she really did not like it at all.  When you see the apartment you think cheap, but Cindi read some place this am that he pays 1200 bucks a month for the place.  Remind me not to move to NY, LOL.

Theresa

Offline Mamaschatzi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2003, 01:05:41 PM »
I did mean Greg, thanks Theresa.  $1200 for an apartment in NYC is nothing.  In my neighborhood, I live about 1/2 an hour by train or bus or car from Manhattan and a studio costs at least $1000.  You figure, if you live and work in Manhattan then you really don't need a car.  My neighborhood you do.

Since my neigh is so close to Manhattan everybody is moving here.  Hot property right now.  Houses (2 bedrooms attached) are going for $400,000.00 easy.  

Theresa

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2003, 01:32:53 PM »
OMG, Cindi and I rent a very nice house in a very nice neighborhood for $350 a month.  It has a livingroom, very large kitchen, bedroom, bathroom, and middleroom that we have our computers in.  We also have a basement with a garage and 3 rooms, and a front and back porch, and nice sized yard.  I can't imagine paying the prices ya'll do.

Theresa

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2003, 10:45:59 PM »
Theresa, you only pay $350/month for a house :o :o.  that is a bargain.  My girlfriend is renting a small bachelor's size apartment and she pays about $550.00.  Most apartments rent for about $650 and upwards.  But then everyone likes to live in my city.  We have mild or non existent winters.  We already have flowers coming up and getting ready to bloom.  Usually this doesn't happen until end of February beginning of March.  But anyways back to the Bachlorette.  I finally saw part of it the other night.  I thought it was a good idea that she met the guys families.

Theresa

« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2003, 12:51:13 AM »
I think that was a good idea too.  I didn't see the Bachelor, so I had no idea that they did that.  I thought she had to make her choise just from what she saw at the house or on dates.  I think going to their towns, meeting their families, and seeing where they lived was a great idea.  She could get to know them better that way in my opinion.  They would act more like themselves in those environments then they would just on dates.  I think it made Ryan look even better also, and I love him.

Theresa

Theresa

« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2003, 12:54:29 AM »
Ryan gave her flowers, plus a car on which he had written a lovely poem and also a black and white painting or drawing of a white tiger.

I just saw what I wrote there and I want to make sure that anyone who read that knows he really did not give her a car, that was supposed to say card on which he had written a lovely poem.  Sheesh...

Theresa

Offline Mamaschatzi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2003, 11:18:56 AM »
If my husband didn't know our landlords from church then we would be paying at least $1000.00 for my apartment.  We moved here about 10 years ago and we started paying $650 per month but since they have raised our rent twice to $750.00.  We were paying $750.00 already for our 2 bedroom and now we have a 3 bedroom.  Mike also shovels the snow when they leave for extended periods to Florida and we take in their mail etc.  So that's why we get off cheap.  We have friends that would kill to live here as 1 is paying $1000 for a studio apartment.  

Theresa

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2003, 11:38:33 AM »
I can't imagine paying those kinds of prices.  That just seems rediculous to me.  Now I know why I don't live in or near a big city.

Theresa

Offline Mamaschatzi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2003, 09:52:57 AM »
Getting back to the subject:

This article was printed in the New York Daily News

'Bachelorette' boy toy in coke bust

By LEO STANDORA
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Just two days after he got the boot, former "Bachelorette" contestant Greg Todtman got busted yesterday for allegedly trying to board a plane at Kennedy Airport with some toot.
Airport personnel said they found a small quantity of cocaine on the 28-year-old Manhattan man during a search at a security checkpoint in the American Airlines terminal about 3 p.m., Port Authority spokesman Tony Ciavolella said.

Todtman was charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, a misdemeanor.

He was handcuffed by Port Authority cops, booked, given a desk appearance ticket and then allowed to go his merry way. Although originally headed for Los Angeles, it was unclear whether he continued his trip.

But Todtman snorted that he had no coke. He said he was carrying "two pills of codeine in my pocket" along with a chewing gum wrapper.

"I learned a lesson," he said. "Don't have a piece of aluminum foil near something that doesn't have a label on it."

ABC spokesman Kevin Brockman said Todtman needed the pills to get some shuteye. "He said the last few days have been such a whirlwind for him that all he wanted to do was get on the plane, take the pill and go to sleep," Brockman said.

Port Authority cops did not return calls seeking comment on whether the drug in question was cocaine or codeine.

Todtman was eliminated in the fourth installment of the six-episode series starring "The Bachelor" runnerup Trista Rehn. The show began in January, with Rehn choosing from among 25 men.

"The Bachelorette" has been one of ABC's highest-rated shows this year. The fifth episode is scheduled to air Wednesday.

On the show's Web site, the 6-foot, 175-pound Todtman gives his occupation as importation and said he enjoys all sports, traveling, guitar and riding his motorcycle.

The three adjectives that best describe him, he said, are outgoing, passionate and fun.

He said he would make a good husband for Rehn because "interesting introductions lead to interesting relationships."

With News Wire Services

Originally published on February 1, 2003  

Theresa

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2003, 07:02:57 PM »
Cindi read me an article on that yesterday, but she said he had a sleeping pill, without a perscription.  That it wasn't really an illegal substance.  I wonder which is true.

Theresa

Theresa

« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2003, 06:25:17 PM »
Yippee Russ is gone and Ryan is still in.  Russ kept saying that she was too closed off and that she wouldn't open up, wonder what he thought when he saw the show tonight, LMAO.  He is the only one that didnt get to spend the night with her.  I didn't like him at all.  I want her to pick Ryan, I think the two of them really click, they dont even talk about the show much, they just enjoy being together.

Theresa

Theresa

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2003, 06:27:01 PM »
When I was watching the show they kept having a commercial for my news or some other show late at night and saying that Trista already knew one of the final 3 before the show started, did anyone hear that or who it was?  I would have liked to have heard that, but I don't know when it was going to be on.

Theresa

Theresa

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2003, 12:42:36 AM »
I am really really getting tired of these shows making me wait an extra week to find out the winner.  I swear if Survivor does that this season I am going to scream, what is with drawing it out an extra week?  I am impatient, she was down to two last week, this week we should get to see her pick, not see a recap, uuurrrggghhhh.  

Oh but I did love her telling Russ that she distinctly remembered that she was the one that decided they would not spend the night together in the suite, LOL.

Theresa

Offline Mamaschatzi

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Redheads Rule!
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2003, 11:11:39 AM »
Did she sleep :o with Charlie and Ryan or just snuggle?
I'm really hoping that she chooses Ryan but she will probably choose Charlie.  I think he lives in LA and probably more of a city person than Ryan.  I know what you mean about the "recap" shows.  I hate them.  

Theresa

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2003, 11:30:26 AM »
I think she probably slept with them, they didn't show it of course, but I am fairly certain that she did, things were getting pretty hot and heavy with both of them and they did spend the night together in the suite.  

I want her to choose Ryan, he is very cute and such a romantic, I would choose him.

Theresa

Mamaschatzi

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2003, 06:26:57 PM »
Woo Hoo!  I almost dropped when she told Charlie that her heart was taking her in another direction!  I thought for sure she would choose Charlie.  Ryan has been my choice since day 1.  He does have a sweet soul.  I think Trista knew that Ryan was already in love with her.  Can't wait to see the show tomorrow night and see if they have set a wedding date.