Author Topic: MOGO MOGO EXTINCT: SHII ANN OUT ~CBS RECAP  (Read 2433 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
MOGO MOGO EXTINCT: SHII ANN OUT ~CBS RECAP
« on: April 29, 2004, 11:47:02 PM »

MOGO MOGO EXTINCT: SHII ANN OUT

Despite a fight to the end, Shii Ann Huang, the 30-year-old All-Star of SURVIVOR: THAILAND from New York City, New York, was voted out of SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS. Shii Ann was the last remaining Mogo Mogo member before the deadly Chapera alliance sent her home in a five-to-one decision. In her last few days, Shii Ann scrambled like crazy, won an Immunity Challenge and fought bitterly. But in the end, it was all in vain.

Shortly after Tribal Council, Shii Ann warned, "Don't forget little Amber with her big green eyes and her beautiful smile. Don't forget, she's playing for a million dollars."

PERSONA NON GRATA

After living together in close quarters for over thirty days, the All-Stars were beginning to tire of each other. More than anyone else, Jenna Lewis, the 26-year-old castaway of SURVIVOR: BORNEO from Franklin, New Hampshire, seemed to be getting on her Chaboga Mogo tribemates' nerves the most. "The girl's a bitch, let's face it," complained Shii Ann, "And she's bossier than anyone else in the tribe. She drives me crazy. I wanna strangle her."
REWARD CHALLENGE: SURVIVOR SMORGASBORD

When the tribe convened for a Reward Challenge, they were delighted to be reunited with their loved ones from home. There were tearful reunions as, one at a time, Amber's mother, Shii Ann's mother, Big Tom's brother, Rupert's wife, Rob's brother and Jenna's brother emerged from the brush. Time with these loved ones would be the Reward. Host Jeff Probst explained this would be an eating competition in which the players must eat a smorgasbord of indigenous foods from SURVIVOR episodes past. The winner would get to spend the night with their loved one at the old Chapera camp.

Jeff Probst shocked the castaways when he explained that the loved ones, not the All-Stars, would be competing and doing the eating. Each round would feature a different food item, with the player who finished last being eliminated. The last loved one standing would win the Reward.

Fish heads were on the menu in the first round, in which Amber's mother was eliminated. Shortly after, Shii Ann was saddened to see her mother go, as was Rupert when his wife had to leave. After Jenna's brother broke the rules by drinking water during the tarantula dish, the competition was down to Rob's brother and Tom's son. The final item was a live coconut palm worm from Australia that Tom's son inhaled so quickly that it was no contest at all. Big Tom's son won the Reward for them both.
After Tom Buchanan, the 48-year-old tribe member of SURVIVOR: AFRICA from Rich Valley, Virginia, was offered the chance to invite another castaway and their loved one to join them, he looked over his tribe for a moment before he chose Rob Mariano, the 28-year-old All-Star of SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS from Canton, Massachusetts.

BOYS NIGHT OUT

Big Tom, his son, Boston Rob and his brother were delighted to arrive at the old Chapera camp to find the place renovated and replete with pizza and beer. The boys enjoyed a night of drinking and bonding. With their batteries now recharged, Boston Rob and his brother broke off to go for a walk on the beach. Both All-Stars were left to discuss their strategies with their loved ones in private. "If Rob will hang in there with me, I think me and Rob will get first and second," prophesized Big Tom to his son, "That's what we said we were going to do."

LOVED ONES PUT TO WORK

After returning to the Chaboga Mogo camp, both castaways, along with their loved ones, were quickly put to work. Big Tom's son proved to be a big help, while Boston Rob's brother was more inclined to relax. After Tom's son returned from a failed fishing expedition with a broken spear, Rupert Boneham, the 40-year-old castaway of SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS PANAMA from Indianapolis, Indiana, tried his best to hide his anger. "They want to keep eating, they let me use the damn spear," Rupert insisted grimly
IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: FIRE AND RAIN

As the tribe reconvened for the Immunity Challenge, Jeff Probst explained that this competition would require the castaways to compete individually in order to ignite the top of a "teeter-totter tower." The players must gather firewood, then use matches to start a fire in a bucket. Once the fire was started, the All-Stars must raise the flame to a fuse by filling a bucket with water on the opposite side of the teeter-totter. The first player to ignite their tower would win Immunity. But there was a twist: each Survivor's bucket had a hole in it in order to make it more difficult to fill and keep full.

The Challenge ignited with a race to the firewood. As the All-Stars worked diligently on their fires, Rupert was already going for water. Boston Rob raised his fire to the fuse, but he was disheartened to see that the fire wasn't strong enough to ignite it. All six Survivors' fires went out, and they all had to start over with the risk of running out of their limited number of matches.

Boston Rob ran out of matches, then Amber Brkich, the 25-year-old castaway of SURVIVOR: THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK from Beaver, Pennsylvania, then Rupert and finally Jenna. The Challenge came down to Big Tom and Shii Ann. As Shii Ann worked on her fire, Big Tom's fire roared to life. Shii Ann was just a step too late as Big Tom ignited the fuse that exploded into the victory flame, which guaranteed him Immunity
THE SHII ANN SCRAMBLE

Knowing she was on the chopping block yet again, Shii Ann scrambled to uproot the strong Chapera alliance. She first lobbied Big Tom, then Rupert, then Amber. Shii Ann felt the tide turning toward voting out Jenna, which gave her some comfort as the looming Tribal Council approached. "If you can't go all the way," she noted, "You gotta go all the way fighting."

In the end, Shii Ann did go all the way fighting. It wasn't enough, however, as her last minute lobbying didn't take. Shortly before the five-to-one decision that would send her home, Shii Ann made one last stab by voting for Amber in an attempt to warn the remaining members of Chaboga Mogo that Amber is the real threat. Shii Ann became the fourth member of the Jury and will now have a hand in deciding who will win the million dollar prize and earn the title of Sole All-Star Survivor.

ON THE NEXT SURVIVOR

TVPG-L

Rupert and Jenna are shocked to realize Rob is standing right behind them during a private strategy session.
One All-Star fuels a fiery fight between two tribemates.
As Tribal Council looms, the five remaining All-Stars feel targets on their backs. Who will be voted off, and who will make it to the Final Four?

Offline WENDY

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • One day..... I Will Outlast, Outwit & Outplay
Re: MOGO MOGO EXTINCT: SHII ANN OUT ~CBS RECAP
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2004, 08:58:37 AM »
I was just wondering.... Does Shii Ann ever shut up??? I mean, her voice was really starting to annoy me!  B:) B:) B:) B:) B:)
Wendy Jean

SURVIVOR 11- HERE I COME!!!!!!!!!

surviordude_JT

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2004, 11:20:17 AM »
I wish she would Wendy.... And now Jennas voice is really getting to me.... >:(

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004, 01:49:08 AM »
Thanks for posting Puddin.  These are always good to read cos I usually miss something when i watch the show.  Wendy, I think you have just seen a lot of Shi Ann talking as she probably said more interesting things than the others.  I noticed that they rarely show Tom, Alicia and Jenna talking. 

surviordude_JT

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2004, 06:48:44 PM »
Thanks for posting this puddin... I couldnt get to cbs to get this to write my review ?:)