Author Topic: SHII ANN FIGHTS BACK: ALICIA SENT HOME~ RECAP  (Read 4887 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
SHII ANN FIGHTS BACK: ALICIA SENT HOME~ RECAP
« on: April 22, 2004, 11:10:13 PM »
SHII ANN FIGHTS BACK: ALICIA SENT HOME

Clearly on the verge of extinction, Shii Ann, the only ex-Mogo Mogo member remaining, won a difficult Immunity Challenge, thus forcing the old Chapera tribe members to vote out one of their own. Shocked to be targeted at the last moment, Alicia Calaway, the 35-year-old castaway of SURVIVOR: THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK from Trumbull, Connecticut, was eliminated from the Chaboga Mogo tribe in a six-to-one decision.

Shortly after witnessing her torch extinguished, Alicia warned, "Now I sit on the Jury, and believe me, when I have to decide who actually gets the million dollars, I'm not going to make it easy."

LIFE ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK

After returning from the Tribal Council that sent home her best friend Kathy, Shii Ann Huang, the 30-year-old All-Star of SURVIVOR: THAILAND from New York City, felt the pressure of being the only remaining ex-Mogo Mogo member in the tribe. Knowing she was on the chopping block, Shii Ann approached Rob Mariano, the 28-year-old All-Star of SURVIVOR: MARQUESAS from Canton, Massachusetts, with the hopes that she could save her skin. Despite her plea, Rob told Shii Ann he was going to vote according to plan. "I don't have anyone here. I got no one," Shii Ann realized sadly.
REWARD CHALLENGE: FACE OFF

As the tribe convened for a Reward Challenge, they were surprised to see a display of masks made from their likenesses. Host Jeff Probst explained that the castaways would have to face off in a SURVIVOR Q&A. First, the Survivors would fill out a questionnaire that asked personal information and private opinions of other Survivors. Next, they would vote on what they thought was the most common answer given by the tribe as a whole. Each Survivor who answered a question correctly would get to cut a section of rope connected to the swinging log of the tribemate he or she wanted eliminated from the game. Three cuts of a rope would send the log smashing into the mask. The tribemate with a mask still intact at the end would win the Reward.

The Reward would take the tribe to a restaurant, where the winner would get to choose what each tribe member would eat for dinner that night. The meals would range from a juicy steak to a cold plate of rice. Nobody would be allowed to share food.

The Challenge began with the All-Stars answering their questionnaires. Jeff Probst read the questions aloud, then announced what the most common answer was in the group.

After the group found Boston Rob to be the most trustworthy, Shii Ann and Tom Buchanan, the 48-year-old tribe member of SURVIVOR: AFRICA from Rich Valley, Virginia, each took a hit. After the group thought Shii Ann and Alicia were both least deserving of being an All-Star, Boston Rob cut the rope, which released the log that smashed into the mask of Big Tom's face. After Jenna Lewis, the 26-year-old castaway of SURVIVOR: BORNEO from Franklin, New Hampshire, Shii Ann and Alicia were taken out, the group found out that Alicia was voted most likely to be under the false assumption that she was smart. Needless to say, this upset Alicia greatly.
When Boston Rob witnessed his own mask being smashed, the Challenge came down to Rupert Boneham, the 40-year-old castaway of SURVIVOR: PEARL ISLANDS PANAMA from Indianapolis, Indiana and Amber Brkich, the 25-year-old of SURVIVOR: THE AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK from Beaver, Pennsylvania. Both of them answered the question correctly, but because Rupert was ahead at that moment, he had the pleasure of sending a log into the likeness of Amber's face. With that, Rupert won Reward.

THE TRUTH CAN HURT

After returning from the Reward Challenge, Alicia voiced her distaste with the fact that the tribe thought her not only the least deserving of being an All-Star, but also the one most under the false assumption that she is smart. So foul was Alicia's mood that she even rebuffed Jenna's attempts to console her. "I don't want anyone hugging me or touching or trying to do something," she barked, "Leave me alone."

CAFÉ RUPERT

As Chaboga Mogo arrived at a special Panamanian restaurant, they beheld seven meals laid out before them. The meals spanned the spectrum from a juicy steak to a cold bowl of rice. After choosing the steak for himself, Rupert allowed Rob to settle on the cheeseburger; Jenna, the hot dog; Amber, the sandwich; Alicia, the salad; Big Tom, the potatoes; and Shii Ann was left with the rice. Some members of the tribe thoroughly enjoyed their dinner, while others, not so much. "We really wanted to stay at the restaurant for as long as we possibly could," Amber recalled, "'cause we dreaded coming back here with all the bugs and the really long night."
YOU'RE ALREADY GONE

Shortly before departing camp for an Immunity Challenge, Shii Ann approached Alicia in hopes of negotiating an alliance. Before Shii Ann could get a word out, Alicia waived her off, claiming, "There is a plan, Shii Ann. And it's too late for anything to change."

IMMUNITY CHALLENGE: WHEN IT RAINS, IT REALLY POURS

As the tribe reconvened for the Immunity Challenge, Jeff Probst explained that it would be a battle of endurance. Each castaway would stand on a post directly under a large bucket filled with water. The bucket would be connected to the Survivor's wrist by a chained rope just above their head. If the Survivor were to drop their hand, they would be "all washed up" and eliminated from the competition. The last dry person still standing with a full bucket would win Immunity.

The Challenge had barely begun before both Amber and Jenna were soaked and eliminated. Big Tom and Alicia followed suit, leaving Rupert, Rob and Shii Ann to duke it out. It was no secret that Shii Ann needed Immunity more than anyone. After Rupert was splashed out of the competition, a one-on-one battle raged between Boston Rob, leader of the old Chapera alliance, and its next targeted victim, Shii Ann.
But the old Chapera alliance was not going to feast on another ex-Mogo Mogo as Boston Rob moved his arm to swat at a bug, thus washing away his hopes of Immunity. This granted Shii Ann the all-important Immunity.

EAT ONE OF THEIR OWN

After returning to camp, the old Chapera alliance knew they had the task of voting out one of their own. Without the sacrificial Mogo Mogo lamb on the chopping block, nobody was safe. Even the budding relationship between Rob and Amber was up for grabs. Rob reflected, "She may be playing me. I don't know. I don't think so, I really don't. I think it's genuine, what's going on. I could be the biggest sucker in history." 

But in the end, Rob wasn't a sucker at all as, yet again, the person he picked was eliminated. Alicia Calaway, the castaway who wouldn't consider an alliance with Shii Ann right before the Challenge, was now the castaway witnessing her torch snuffed out. After hearing the six-to-one verdict, Alicia Calaway became the third member of the Jury and will now have a hand in deciding who will win the million-dollar prize and earn the name Sole Survivor.

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: SHII ANN FIGHTS BACK: ALICIA SENT HOME~ RECAP
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2004, 09:22:46 AM »
Good recap!  Thanks Puddin

deoncisco

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2004, 11:53:00 AM »
I think that alicas comment & shii anns rude reaction was unacepptable

surviordude_JT

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2004, 11:54:06 AM »
I felt sorry for rupert when he had to choose who the food went to

deoncisco

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2004, 11:54:34 AM »
Dude it was harsh

riversnake

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2004, 01:07:39 PM »
I was yelling soooo loud for Shii Ann too win I lost my voice.
But in the end it was worth a few days of hurting...

Theresa

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2004, 05:43:11 PM »
i was also rooting for ShiiAnn to win.  i was sooo hapy when she won that challenge.  i just love that she messed up their plans and i also did not like Alicias attitude.  ShiiAnn had the right to gloat, she knew she was going home and she saved herself for a couple days, good for her.  To me this whole season Alicia has acted like a poor sport.

theresa

Offline Spooky

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2004, 06:30:13 PM »
I'm glad Alicia is gone. I never liked her the first time around and she is obnoxious and arrogent. Shii Ann had every right to gloat--she won a really hard challege.
"Cats work out mathematically the exact place to sit that will cause the most inconvenience."

CindiLou

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2004, 08:32:08 PM »
Alicia has a really bad attitude. I don't much care for her at all.

I never much cared for Shiiann but I was really happy she won the IC and caused the Chaperas to turn on one of their own. I couldn't believe that only Rupert gave ShiiAnn a hug and congratulated her on her win. What is wrong with those people? That is one of the things you learn in early life, to congratulate the winner no matter how badly you wanted to win. Sheesh!

ShiiAnn's in your face win was understandable. The poor woman had just won a difficult challenge and saved herself for three more days. She got treated horribly by the rest of them and quite frankly, they deserved her attitude.

CindiLou

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2004, 08:36:36 PM »
I forgot to add that the Chaperas don't seem to have much vision. Two of them are going to need ShiiAnn's jury vote. That would have been first on my hand and exactly why I would have congratulated her.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2004, 02:14:03 AM »
I agree with your comments Theresa.  I was rooting for Shi Ann to win the immunity challenge also.  And I was very happy that she did.  I know this is a game and the chapera's have an alliance but I thought they were quite mean to Shi Ann (I mean no one congratulated her on a hard fought battle) and I don't think she was gloating when she won.  She was just happy that she won and she was not on the chopping block that night.  What I was totally surprised is no one decided to take control of the game and vote either Rob or Rupert off.  Afterall both Rob and Rupert are the strongest men and could easily win the more physical IC.  Does everyone think they have an alliance with Rob to become the final 2??  I don't get it.