Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 243958 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #750 on: November 26, 2009, 06:16:50 PM »
from missyrae of survivor spoiler fame
Thanks to DanieuBleau for the lead the links might have survivor spoilers so beware.

missyae

November 21st, 2009 at 12:07 pm
HiYa June!! You know The Amazing Race is not my specialty but I have heard the Globetrotters leave next and Meghan and Cheynne not only are in the final 3 – they win.   

Never been a huge fan missyae. She's only repeating what she's seen here without giving the proper credit. I can settle for a Meghan/Cheyne win if Kelly is right. Always nice to see fans of the race take it all.

I agree she/he could have read the rumored winners anywhere and Cheyne and Meghan are the picks to win even if you cruise the non-spoiler forums.
We need a poll.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #751 on: November 26, 2009, 08:27:23 PM »
I've been using an objective tool going back to TAR 3 that helps get a handle on who is racing well consistently, and provides a way to make comparison of teams and seasons. It utilizes the average of a team's placement at the end of each leg. I might try to post this info here after the season is over, but it is posted at TWoP in a prediction thread.

(There are different ways of computing this average, what I have settled on treats the uberlegs (TM ME!) as two separate legs since it is possible to identify the arrival order and makes season-to-season comparisons more balanced. And this measure seems to work even with the variations in Race course and task design and the other rule changes over the history of TAR.

Using that measure, Meghan and Cheyne are the heavy favorites to win. They won't have the best average of any team in the history of TAR (that's Eric and Jeremy), but they will have the best average of the remaining teams at this point no matter what actually happens. The best average they can have is 2.00 which would place them second, and the worse is 2.33, which would make them fourth all-time.

Yes, they may come across to some as boring. But you know what? Almost all of the winners have come across to some as boring. Because usually, they make the fewest mistakes.
-- theschnauzers

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #752 on: November 30, 2009, 05:48:25 PM »
Interesting .........

Meghan and Cheyne are one of the winningest teams in The Amazing Race history. Will they be able to keep the winning going or will they lose out in the final leg? Find out on the Season Finale Sunday, December 6th. Only CBS!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #753 on: November 30, 2009, 10:02:01 PM »
Vey nice video! have we seen one like it before? ???

Nick and Starr won 7 out of 11 legs...M/C have won six out of 12 so far...so even a final win won't top Nick and Starr.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #754 on: November 30, 2009, 11:19:56 PM »
No I don't recall Nick and Starr having a video like that, I wonder if CBS will put one out for each team?

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #755 on: December 06, 2009, 07:15:10 PM »
No I don't recall Nick and Starr having a video like that, I wonder if CBS will put one out for each team?

I don't know, but to me this seems to imply a Brian & Ericka win. I hope so.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis