Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 244579 times)

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race 15 Location Spoilers
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2009, 07:54:47 AM »
Has there been any sightings yet out of Japan? If not maybe another leg in Japan to cut costs?

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2009, 07:56:54 AM »
Has there been any sightings yet out of Japan? If not maybe another leg in Japan to cut costs?

They're probably in pit stop right now, readying to leave in 4 - 5 hours or so... :)
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2009, 07:58:53 AM »

They're probably in pit stop right now, readying to leave in 4 - 5 hours or so... :)

True. So if they will leave Japan tonight, they will arrive their next destination country maybe tomorrow morning or afternoon. Depends on the flight.

Offline zacz

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2009, 08:02:11 AM »
I'm surprised that there weren't any sightings in Japan (not counting the airport). I've been searching but I've found nothing...

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #129 on: July 20, 2009, 08:05:20 AM »
I'm surprised that there weren't any sightings in Japan (not counting the airport). I've been searching but I've found nothing...

I don't think many Japs are TAR fans though... :) I'm keeping my fingers cross that the clue reads: Fly to Manila Philippines! LOL!

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #130 on: July 20, 2009, 08:17:03 AM »
I will call my Japanese friend to see any teams and i will keep on paying attention in China And HK.
I will call my beijing,shanghai,hangzhou's friend to see any teams appear in the following place.

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #131 on: July 20, 2009, 09:23:00 AM »

I don't think many Japs are TAR fans though... :) I'm keeping my fingers cross that the clue reads: Fly to Manila Philippines! LOL!
Manila is a bit ... boring  :(

Cebu  :hearts:

good luck in scouting for locations of TAR Teams!  :hearts:
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2009, 09:25:28 AM »
I hope if they go to Philippines, I hope they eat =P, lol like balut, isaw etc.  :funny:
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster

:waves: Hello dirkdaryl! I saw you post at Twitter!

TAR should avoid Mindanao part in the philippines because BOMBS here are sporadically appearing. So I think if the race is visiting the Philippines this time again, its 99.99% probable that they will not go here in Mindanao.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I like the staus for American 5829 better.

AMERICAN AIRLINES  5829
OPERATED BY JAPAN AIRLINES  
Departing: LAX Los Angeles   07/18/2009   1:20 PM
Arriving: NRT Tokyo   07/19/2009  4:45 PM  

Saw 3-4 teams with cameras in tow board UA 891 LAX-Tokyo on 7/18/09 1:13pm

AA 5829 departed LAX at 1321 Saturday July 18 and landed Narita 1617 Sunday (crossing the Internaitonal Date Line pushes the date forward one). It landed 28 minutes ahead of schedule.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2009, 10:27:06 AM »
Just realized that on July 22 there is a full solar eclipse happening - visible in Asia where the teams are now.

Total eclipse path takes it across middle India, Biratnagar( Nepal), Beijing, Wulumuqi, Changchun, Xining, Xi'an, Shanghai, Wuhan, Chongqing, Hong Kong, and Kunming. Then it heads out across the Pacific. North and south of there would see a partial eclipse.

Can't think of an eclipse based TAR detour though...  :duno:

This site has some interesting graphics illustrating the eclipse path.
http://shadowandsubstance.com/
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline spanishtarfan

• RFF Not So Newbie
Quote by Zatcheblcool

Right place this time.

I got alittle bored (and still trying to shake off the excitment) so I tried doing my own little research on Twitter updates. Some people are talking about semi-famous people or celeb editions in stuff so I think this would be crediable in that department.

I typed in Amazing Race on Twitter. Of course, it was annoying to get through random updates with the words "amazing" and "Race" in them. But then I found a Twitter update that said (I lost who said it)

"Goodluck in your race Jorge Lorenzo, your not out of it yet."

So I keep the Name Jorge Lorenzo, and Googled it. Of Course a Wiki page came up so I clicked that and Hes a 22 Year old Race car driver, Born in Spain (Not sure if he lives there. But if he doesn't I think he'd have a shot of going in the race).

However when I saw his picture I thought "He looks somewhat like one of the Red Team Guys."

then I tried and made this pic.

Could one of the red Racer's be Jorge Loren zo? SO I give it to you RFF for you to examine....I hope its not a waste of time.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jorge-Lorenzo/12451504221#/photo.php?pid=400807&id=12451504221

Australian English. they have terms like willy-willy, which cannot be found in the normal american dictionary.
[/quote]

*****************************************************************************************
*****************************************************************************************

Hello everyone...long time reader, long time TAR fan but first time posting.

And I had to post because I wanted to clarify on Jorge Lorenzo status:

1. He has a spanish passport, he can't be on TAR
2. He is a professional motoGP rider
2. He was competing in Germany on Sunday
3. He earns 5 million euros per year, so I dont think he would compete here for money, but fun.

I hope this clarifies the red team member mistery :)

Chateau= Chapeau!!! Amazing discoveries you guys!!!

sorry about the mess i did with this post
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:32:43 AM by spanishtarfan »

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #137 on: July 20, 2009, 11:40:04 AM »
Thanks for the info spanishtarfan, and :welcome2: to RFF!
So it looks like there is more researching to do!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:58:55 AM by Snooky »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #138 on: July 20, 2009, 01:07:41 PM »
nvm
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 01:38:50 PM by puddin »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: July 20, 2009, 02:16:32 PM »
:lol: :lol: :funny: :funny: Um English!

Australian English. they have terms like willy-willy, which cannot be found in the normal american dictionary.

Lol I am from Australia and have NEVER heard willy-willy before!! About the red team guy...it looks like a close match!
The balding lines don't match...poor Lorenzo's already losing hair
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #140 on: July 20, 2009, 02:23:09 PM »
No wishlists and dream routes please!

incoming ............

That is not a wishlist or dream routes, its a speculation isn't that what this thread is for.

Also wouldn't tomorrow, July 20 here in the USA be July 21 when teams will be leaving for the next leg!

Let's do the geography math here. The plane flies over the Internatonal Date Line east to west and gains 24 hours. the flights themselves are scheduled to 11 hours plus or minus a few minutes. They actually take 10 1/4 to 10 3/4 hours due presumably to favorable wind conditions. The kicker is the time zone difference of 16 hours that Tokyo is ahead of Los Angeles. Add it all together and the departures around 1 pm Los Angeles time become arrivals around 4pm Tokyo time.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:16:41 PM by apskip »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #141 on: July 20, 2009, 03:56:08 PM »
do think they will sleep in that caspual hotel that they stay in when season 9

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #142 on: July 20, 2009, 04:46:49 PM »
There are three flights leaving from Tokyo to Manila in the morning Tokyo time

Offline password

• Village Idiot
  • RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2009, 04:47:46 PM »
most of the locations that the flights leaving from Tokyo are heading to East and south east asia. So maybe a leg there?

Offline bandsofblue

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2009, 05:52:22 PM »
I know this is kinda off topic, but it was redirected from another thread so I'm just gonna post here.
In response to everyone trying to figure out the 12 teams, it's just a hunch, but maybe a team was injured and removed. Like Jim from Jim & Marsha falling on a nail in Amazing Race 5 or Gretchen falling down the mine shaft in AR7. However just a hunch. :duno:

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2009, 09:01:12 PM »
Some speculation based on both published reports and Chateau stakeout.

We have had a couple postings about TAR having a 15 episode season (though that is very possibly a typo), we have reports of 12 racers (yet only can spot clearly 12 cars, there has always been an extra), we know that we have a two hour opener (unclear if they mean two one hour legs, or one two hour leg.

We have reports of an early task at the starting line.

So some supposition, we could have 15 hours of TAR, and their are several easy (and more importantly cheap) ways for this to happen.  One a two hour season opener and season finale.  We have had two hour openers before (one leg edited as two hours in season 5,6,7,8,9).  This is extremely smart for budget reasons.  You get twice as much ad revenue with very little additional cost. Something budget conscious CBS would like (and yes money has been tight for CBS).  An additional (yet cheap early task) would give the episode a little more action (some have felt the two hours openers are a little two padded).  That right there takes a typical season to 14 episodes (at very little extra cost).

Now we have never had a true 2 hour season finale.  Yes we have often had two separate legs aired on one night as a two hour finale, but we have had no true 2 hour single leg finales (well you could legitimately argue the Family Edition).  This can also be done at nearly no additional cost.

With 12 racers we have two possible situations. 

1.  An early elimination at the starting point (damn cruel), which would save the show money on flights (just a flight to sequester, perhaps not even that, which would really suck).

2.  Or keep 12 (like season 3) so that you have fewer non eliminations (or TBC) legs.

So I am going out on a limb and saying we are getting 15 hours of TAR (just in 13 legs), with (thanks to just 12 cars that were spotted) an early elimination at the Starting Line.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #146 on: July 20, 2009, 10:34:57 PM »
Since this is the speculation thread, I want to make a pitch for Melbourne Australia as either the next stop for AR15 or one in a series of stops in East Asia, Australia and Oceania. And Anthony Bourdain's new show tonight was solely in Melbourne. I have some in-laws that live in Melbourne if there is a need for information there.

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2009, 02:03:42 AM »
Since this is the speculation thread, I want to make a pitch for Melbourne Australia as either the next stop for AR15 or one in a series of stops in East Asia, Australia and Oceania. And Anthony Bourdain's new show tonight was solely in Melbourne. I have some in-laws that live in Melbourne if there is a need for information there.
Yeah, Victoria is the only state on the Australian mainland that TAR hasn't visited, but I would think that they might head to Melbourne and spend a leg down in Tasmania.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #148 on: July 21, 2009, 02:14:55 AM »
lol Speaking of Cebu and Manila reminds me of that highjack incident few year ago
On a flight from Cebo to Manila to Tokyo...

Anyway, I'm crossing my fingers that they don't come to China(probaly not) and maybe they'll go north? To Siberia?like Vladvostok(I'm saying this with no back up info lol...) MAYBE EVERYONE IS A BIT TIRED WITH RUSSIA AND SIBERIA same thing... :colors
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #149 on: July 21, 2009, 02:55:25 AM »
Is it possible that TAR is taking a new route by going to Asia - Pacific??

Like Asia/Russia - Oceania - South America - North America? Just a SPECULATION.