Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 244488 times)

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
Great Job! guys   :jumpy:

Tokyo - My wish Shibuya too (Hachiko Statue).... or Harajuku ...

Overnite Train

1) To North - Hokkaido (Sapporo)

2) To South - Kyoto  or Hiroshima
                   - Okinawa - US Base

Well,  I'm on stand by for next location in Asia.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 06:02:03 AM by cabioTAR »
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I believe they will be racing Southwest-wards down to Southeast Asia. But they can totally make a turn and go for Mongolia or Russia instead too.

I am more incline that they will fly to South Korea or Philippines next, SK was last visited in TAR 4 and Philippines last visited in TAR 5, if my memory does not serve me wrong.

China was visited for 3 legs last season, Taiwan made an appearance in TAR 12, Hong Kong in TAR 11, Vietnam was last seen in TAR 10, Malaysia in TAR 11, Singapore in TAR 3.

Indonesia, Brunei and Laos were never visited before.. (Burma too!), maybe they can serve as some new asian locations for TAR 15. Lookout for them.

But right now it still seems appropriate for them to make a stop at South Korea or Philippines next. But anything could happen. I'm hoping for them to cross over to South Korea, really.

RFF and TAR fans in Asia... KEEP YOUR EYES WIDE OOOOPEEEEENNNNN.

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
Malaysia in TAR 11, Singapore in TAR 3.

Indonesia, Brunei and Laos were never visited before.. (Burma too!), maybe they can serve as some new asian locations for TAR 15. Lookout for them.

Malaysia - TAR3, TAR4 as well and TAR 11

My wish for Indonesia ... but due to latest Bomb Blast in Jakarta - they might re-route.

If Malaysia, they might go to Penang or Kuching (World Rainforest Festival is there right now)
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member

I am more incline that they will fly to South Korea or Philippines next, SK was last visited in TAR 4 and Philippines last visited in TAR 5, if my memory does not serve me wrong.

If Japan leg with overnite train ride and going to South .... possiblity next ferry ride to South Korea ... like TARA2
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Malaysia in TAR 11, Singapore in TAR 3.

Malaysia - TAR3, TAR4 as well and TAR 11

My wish for Indonesia ... but due to latest Bomb Blast in Jakarta - they might re-route.

If Malaysia, they might go to Penang or Kuching (World Rainforest Festival is there right now)
I know, i was talking about when which country was last visited.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
I'll keep an eye here in the Philippines next. Since AH1N1 flu here is very light (i.e. they are not virulent), Hopefully they return here! But if they'll visit the philippines, most likely I'll see them in the news. Filipinos are very intrigued with cameras, even if they see any film shooting, they'll come close to them and look what they are doing.  :lol:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Th Amazing Race 15 Location Spoliers
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2009, 07:29:41 AM »
Good job! The RFF TAR-CSI team on the job and doing it brilliantly!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I've got a rather vague potential spoiler about TAR going to Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam...

http://worldjourneys.wordpress.com/2009/07/07/touch-down/#more-39

Might fit with the teams being in Japan now.

Didn't they have to get special TAR route markers made last time they were in Vietnam because the Vietnam flag has TAR colours?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 10:03:04 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
I've got a rather vague potential spoiler about TAR going to Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam...

Didn't they have to get special TAR route markers made last time they were in Vietnam because the Vietnam flag has TAR colours?

Very much likely too, if they decided to go between South Korea and Philippines and towards Vietnam.

After farewelling Sau and organising my pick up for tomorrow, I headed off to order a flag for the Amazing Race and searched out a street vendor to buy my first bowl of pho.

What does he meant by "order a flag"? Hmmm.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
There was this Tweet yesterday...

roflitsmel

The amazing race teams are leaving LAX going to either tokyo or bangkok... the flight is stopping in both cities i think  about 20 hours ago from txt

Not much to go on.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Read this > :lol:

Can’t wait until the end of September to watch The Amazing Race? Then you’ve come to the right place! An unprecedented amount of information has already been obtained about the fifteenth edition of CBS’s popular reality show, which began on the morning of July 18th from an industrial district in Los Angeles. From the starting line to the first destination to some of the teams’ identities, the information is starting to leak thanks to the amazing detective work of dedicated fans at Reality Fan Forum and the flood of posts on Twitter by excited witnesses who saw the teams on the first day of filming.

http://realitytv.suite101.com/article.cfm/amazing_race_15_off_to_a_flying_start

Way to goooo RFF! :yess:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Please remember that this is the SPOILER thread for sightings and potential or definite spoilers. Not for wish lists, not for "I hope they go...".  This thread for the good stuff please. :lol:

News and press can go in the TAR news threads, wish lists have another home, so let's try to keep this one lean and mean okay?

There was this Tweet yesterday...

roflitsmel

The amazing race teams are leaving LAX going to either tokyo or bangkok... the flight is stopping in both cities i think  about 20 hours ago from txt

Not much to go on.

There was a f/.up post to this. They did go to Tokyo, not Bangkok, I think it was in the location threads?

Also the buy a flag thing does not seem to correlate with us. RFF also got good info about the TARA VietNam legs, have not heard anything about any upcoming legs, fwiw....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline 2old4tech

• RFF Full Member
Oops, I'm sorry.  I did know they went to Tokyo when I posted that tweet, but since there is no info after that, I thought maybe the Tweeter's thought that the flight might have gone on to Bangkok, even as a longshot might help.  I don't mean to waste anyone's time.

Another tweet a few minutes ago...
 TheAmazingRaceF: A local guy told me that The Amazing Race is coming to Kuta Beach(Bali)
6 minutes ago from web ·

At least 3rd or 4th hand spec and hearsay.  I'll stop now. :(

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #88 on: July 19, 2009, 01:26:46 PM »
I did a leg in Tokyo (though it was a TBC leg) in my Fantasy Amazing Race season.  Of course, I had a U-Turn in it as well.  I doubt there'll be any U-Turns in this leg.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
^^ beat me to it OldTech

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
I'll keep an eye here in the Philippines next. Since AH1N1 flu here is very light (i.e. they are not virulent), Hopefully they return here!

The virus is light everywhere. It's all hyped up to get people to consent to forced vaccinations. But, anyway, if the production knows this, they won't be afraid to take the teams to just about any location. If any team did catch the flu, it would be less dangerous to them than the common flu. So let's not worry about the H1N1 anymore. :res:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
I'll keep an eye here in the Philippines next. Since AH1N1 flu here is very light (i.e. they are not virulent), Hopefully they return here!

The virus is light everywhere. It's all hyped up to get people to consent to forced vaccinations. But, anyway, if the production knows this, they won't be afraid to take the teams to just about any location. If any team did catch the flu, it would be less dangerous to them than the common flu. So let's not worry about the H1N1 anymore. :res:

Stop worrying about that H1N1 Flu, it's not much in the news anymore.  Teams, crew, producers, and the host would be sanitizing their hands and washing them so they don't catch H1N1.  So please stop worrying about H1N1 immediately!!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: July 19, 2009, 02:13:47 PM »
Maybe Sign-Up's to Bali?
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
At this point, it isn't just whether the H1N1 virus is serious or not, it's how governments are dealing with it, and that's a different complication. It will be several more months before the vaccines are in sufficient quantities to be administered to higher-risk groups; and unlike more flu viruses, H1N1 is more likely to affect younger rather than older people, and people with chronic illnesses. (It helps to keep track of this story using CNN, BBC, Reuters, and AP, because they have correspondents who actually know what they are talking about.

China isn't taking any chances. The Chinese are placing travelers in a up-to-one-week quarantine if anyone on their flight shows any symptoms of possibly having flu.  That sort of behavior is the sort of thing that could affect the Race, and it's probably something that required some adjustments on the route this Race will take. There are other countries that might follow that path. And from what I've read, H1N1 is even more active in the southern hemisphere right now (where it's winter), so we shouldn't been overconfident about the extent the H1N1 [andemic might reach this coming winter.

I also wanted to point out that the teams will have had to go through customs at Narita airport before they can head into Tokyo, so that probably further limits where the teams can be directed the first night.

Finally, I want to congratulate all of you on doing a freat job with the new technology of Twitter that along with the wireless web of live blogging certainly has changed how TAR detective work functions.
-- theschnauzers

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member

I researched flight schedules online at Continental, All Nippon, Japan Airlines, and Garuda Indonesia's websites!
If teams were to leave on Leg 2 after Japan, they usually leave the pitstop early morning.
They would possibly arrive at their next destination by air usually between 10pm to next day.

(My Guesses for Leg 2 are)
1-Vietnam/Ho Chi Minh City
NRT-SGN on All Nippon #931 July 21
6:40pm to 11:00pm

2-Indonesia/Bali (rumor on the "Locations" thread)
NRT-DPS on Garuda Indonesia #881
11:00am to 5:20pm July 21
   or
NRT-DPS on Japan Airlines #729
4:10pm to 10:25pm July 21

3-Palau (my own speculation)
NRT-GUM on Continental #962
10:30am to 3:00pm July 21
connect to
GUM-YAP-ROR on Continental #953
7:35pm to 10:05pm July 21

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
TAR15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #95 on: July 19, 2009, 05:39:46 PM »
No wishlists and dream routes please!

incoming ............

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #96 on: July 19, 2009, 07:20:15 PM »
No wishlists and dream routes please!

incoming ............

That is not a wishlist or dream routes, its a speculation isn't that what this thread is for.

Also wouldn't tomorrow, July 20 here in the USA be July 21 when teams will be leaving for the next leg!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #97 on: July 19, 2009, 07:45:20 PM »
that wasn't meant for you mjriches2005  :waves:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers
« Reply #98 on: July 19, 2009, 08:20:43 PM »
that wasn't meant for you mjriches2005  :waves:

all is forgiven!

By the way do you any new info regarding where the teams might be or where will they head to next!!?

;D

Offline gingerman28

• Senior Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • GMan
Please remember that this is the SPOILER thread for sightings and potential or definite spoilers. Not for wish lists, not for "I hope they go...".  This thread for the good stuff please. :lol:

Well said Peach, and you,too, Puddin. 

Let's not clutter this thread up with non-relevent stuff, there are other threads for that.  We want to keep this thread clear so that the route of the teams can be followed.

So far we have:  teams assembling in the Los Angeles River bed, driving to LAX, boarding either American or United flights to Tokyo, and we assume they arrived on time.

They have been there for 24 hours now and no further sightings, or did the teams stay in the secure area and board another flight to somewhere else?

I thought we had a spy at NRT ready to fill us in.