Author Topic: TAR 15 Speculation on Spoilers  (Read 244546 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Th Amazing Race 15 Location Spoliers
« Reply #50 on: July 18, 2009, 08:55:10 PM »
It is so important to stop for a minute and just say thank you to ALL of you who helped along the way!

There are so many people to thank! This has been an incredible journey and a true labor of love for many of the TAR Detectives!  Many have spent hours if not days and lots of out-of-pocket $$ on this...

We have been blessed already this season with a LOT of behind the scenes help!! :jumpy:  

Many of you have helped on condition of anonymity, so I can only say :thankyou: to you all, and send you our love!! You know who you are, and we appreciate you!! Your piece of info may have been the bit that made the quilt complete!! And to the people along the way who gave us their friendship and support, we all say THANK YOU!!

All of the info ultimately led us to be able to confirm LAX unequivocally as the departure airport a couple of weeks ago. Then we were able to narrow down the departure times to a reasonable window, so we have been able to keep a close eye on the doings there.

Thanks first of all to puddin for some incredible leads and hours of research that really narrowed things down.

Next to kogs for the brainstorming,research, fact-finding fun!!

Then to Slowhatch and mswood who both responded quickly to my calls for help, donating lots of their time to our on site escapades!!

Newbie caper came thru with the Viaduct permit, which ultimately put Chateau at the right place at the right time. :hrt:

Special thanks to graytex and Neobie for the fast-action research on flights and locations, and Harley for the film start location pictures!

But most of all, to Chateau, who got up early, stayed up late, drove ALL over LA every time I got another clue (even the far fetched ones!!), and played hooky from work in emergencies, made hanging out in LA a blast of pure fun, and has pretty much devoted day and night the last two weeks to this incredible opportunity!

:cheer:  :yourock:  :cheer:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:28:17 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #51 on: July 18, 2009, 09:09:26 PM »

peach, don't forget about yourself too! You've worked hard and great too! Thanks everyone!!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:35:41 PM by puddin »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2009, 09:28:19 PM »
Peach,

Great job. This is absolutely tremendous. The small army that is following this should be commended for the work and the investigations! Thank you so much for all that you do! :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2009, 10:08:52 PM »

Great job everyone!  It's great that we have such a great team that works together well!  (They should put Peach and puddin on TAR so that they couldn't spoil it!)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:35:23 PM by puddin »

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2009, 10:19:13 PM »

Thank you so much guys! I think that having a devoted group here is what makes this board such an awsome place for spoilers like this. It's just as fun investigating as it is watching the show. There really isn't much I can do being far from LA, so you can only imagine how in awe I am with the work that has been done today. Chateau, awsome work!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2009, 10:35:10 PM by puddin »

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
I've been tracking the flight with the teams and right now, it's west of the International Dateline.
I think they will stay in Japan for the overnight on the 19th (Japan Time) and depart by train or regional plane (possibly from Haneda Airport) to somewhere in Japan.  So someone should lookup train and plane departures for July 20th.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2009, 10:45:02 PM »
Wow it really has started! Tokyo is it? WOOOOWWWW! TAR going to the most expensive city in the world for the first leg!

Congratulations guys! Since they're starting in Asia, I'll keep my eye out, if they will be able to go to the Philippines and contact my other contacts (lolz) if they spot these kind of people!  :yess: :hearts: :jumpy:

Thanks for everyone who works so hard to give us spoilers - well for my context, backyard information! Tee hee!

(Though I have wished that WRP could have given a better starting line for the 15th season, the starting line keeps on declining and declining after All Stars... :( )

Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2009, 10:51:34 PM »
Not that big of a deal, the starting line really! It could look quite good haha!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2009, 11:01:14 PM »
I actually like that starting line because of the movies and TV shows that have filmed there. I like it! :tup:
Just here to visit.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2009, 11:03:36 PM »
Yay! It started! Great work, guys! :tup: :hearts:

I'll try to keep my eye around the island, as well as try to get news from neighbouring islands. Our region is a usual tourist destination from Tokyo anyways. Although I doubt they'll be coming back to "USA" right away if they went here. :lol:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: July 18, 2009, 11:13:10 PM »
Thanks TAR Detective for this great coverage! I think CBS started TAR because they think we will be diverted to BB, but they were wrong!  :jam:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Wildwolf

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hi, long time forum skulker...
First off, big thank you to EVERYONE who's been tracking the info and teams! xD

I've been watching the two flights Chateau mentioned in the other post (AA 169 and United 891).
Current time estimate for the AA flight's arrival is 3:48 (scheduled 4 PM), while the United's ETA is 3:57 (scheduled 4:30).
This puts it in a fairly close race, doesn't it?

UNDER THE ASSUMPTION that they stay in Tokyo, and under the assumption that they head towards Tokyo itself, both teams would most likely ride the JR Narita Express to the city, or take a taxi (way more expensive!).
The AA flight lands in Terminal 2, while the United flight lands at Terminal 1. The same train stops at both terminals on the way to Tokyo. The train leaves Terminal 1 at 4:15 and stops at Terminal 2 at 4:18. The next train gets to Terminal 1 at 4:45 and Terminal 2 at 4:48. Both arrive at Tokyo Station about an hour after their Terminal 2 stops.
Then again, if they just use Narita as an exchange, then this information is moot.

Again, thank you, THANK YOU to everyone who's working hard to find all the info out! I need my pre-airing fix. -_^

Offline Max

• RFF Not So Newbie
Mongolia?? No! Stay tuned guys, quit with the weirdo spec, there is lots more coming, give Chateau time to share okay??

I am beyond impressed with that which Chateau has provided so far.  I will wait quietly for more info.

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
 :wohoo: I will keep an eye here too to see if they go Here in the Philippines  :-*
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline abilify

• RFF Not So Newbie
Delurking for a bit just to tell you guys how much all your hard work is appreciated. I actually got goosebumps just reading all these great great stuff. Best board ever!  :hearts:

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
Someone suggested train out of Tokyo...perhaps an overnight train?

http://www.japanrail.com/index.php?page=JR-timetable-fare-overnight

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
OMG. OMG. So excited!!! :D Sorry I can't post here often (no special contribution to this thread), but I wanna say thanks to ya'll who are doing this & making my Saturday exciting. :D And based on baydogg's link, maybe they did something like the TAR 7 train from Lucknow to Jodhpur (it's possible they take an overnight train from Tokyo to Kyoto).
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Wildwolf

• RFF Not So Newbie
Overnight rides would have to leave from Tokyo Station at 10:00 PM at the earliest, which would give plenty of catch-up time from the plane rides.
Otherwise, to leave Tokyo, they would have to wait until the morning.
Also note that all of these leave from Tokyo station, which is about an hour's train ride from the airport.

A little less than an hour till scheduled arrival (4:00 PM) of the AA flight 169 (1st flight)... it's on time.
The United flight 891 (second flight that left half an hour later), however, is estimated to arrive at the same time, if not a few minutes earlier than the AA flight. So they might not need catch-up time. xD
EDIT: AA flight 169 ETA is 3:53, United flight 891 ETA is 3:57.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 01:25:11 AM by Wildwolf »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Yaya!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
It looks like the 30 minute expected lead of the AA flight has dropped to only 8 minutes!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Wow. The teams will be very close!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Wow. The teams will be very close!

With Tokyo being heavily populated right now (it's a Sunday) we should expect teams being caught. Tourists are flocking in as well.

Offline Wildwolf

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hn, those few minutes of lead may be good enough. I can't imagine that teams would use the bus service from Narita unles specifically instructed. So that would leave teams with either the train or taxi. AA fliers have a slight advantage in that they arrived earlier and the train stops by their terminal a few minutes later. The signs in Narita airport are fairly English-friendly and it's kind of hard to miss the JR ticket counter and platforms, but buying tickets may take time, since it's kind of a flip of the coin whether or not the person you're talking to speaks English there. AA teams may have been able to make the 4:15 train, and REALLY fast United teams might make the same train. Otherwise it's a good 30 minute wait.
And then there's taxis. As Mooyou pointed out, it's Sunday, so it'll be very busy, roads or train. If teams take taxis, I imagine there will be a lot of traffic, which may slow them down.

Really wish we knew where they were headed~. >_<

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Just hold on for the hope teams are caught in the action of Tokyo!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
I hope some American or Australian would be able to catch them race around Tokyo... **points to someone in Japan**

@Wildwolf: WELCOME TO RFF! :) :) :)

I think teams would be using the JR Rail; It would be TOO expensive for them to take Taxis from Narita Int'l to the main center of Tokyo...

Tokyo is a very huge city. I would hope that there won't be any bunching times, and I hope they can hold a clue in Tsukiji, which opens early in the morning (around 3 to be exact), giving teams so much stress! LOL!

I also wonder how teams will cope up with hunger = food being expensive and limited amounts of money... XD

** Just my wish!
Finding cosplayers in Shibuya RB please! = Best Roadblock evah!

Well, if this happens, teams are bound to get disastrous on the first leg of the race. Shibuya will have big amounts of people especially at this time of day right now.
** Just my wish!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 05:44:14 AM by Mooyou »