Author Topic: Paula Abdul ‘Hurt,’ ‘Angry,’ May Not Return To ‘Idol’  (Read 13447 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
I hope this isn't true, it wouldn't be the same without Paula. She's the only one who offers a compassionate comment for the contestants to counterbalance Simon.  :(

Manager: Paula Abdul ‘Hurt,’ ‘Angry,’ May Not Return To ‘Idol’

FIRST PUBLISHED: July 18, 2009 12:43 PM EDT
LAST UPDATED: July 18, 2009 1:13 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

Paula Abdul may not return to “American Idol” for a ninth season, her manager claimed in a new interview with the Los Angeles Times.

“She’s not a happy camper as a result of what’s going on. She’s hurt. She’s angry,” David Sonenberg, the “Idol” judge’s manager, told the newspaper on Friday.

David, who said that he became Paula’s manager just weeks ago, at the end of June, added that he has yet to receive a proposal for a new contract for Paula.

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.accesshollywood.com/manager-paula-abdul-hurt-angry-may-not-return-to-idol_article_20747
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Paula Abdul ‘Hurt,’ ‘Angry,’ May Not Return To ‘Idol’
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2009, 11:02:46 AM »
I hope this isn't true, it wouldn't be the same without Paula. She's the only one who offers a compassionate comment for the contestants to counterbalance Simon.  :(

Manager: Paula Abdul ‘Hurt,’ ‘Angry,’ May Not Return To ‘Idol’

FIRST PUBLISHED: July 18, 2009 12:43 PM EDT
LAST UPDATED: July 18, 2009 1:13 PM EDT

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --

Paula Abdul may not return to “American Idol” for a ninth season, her manager claimed in a new interview with the Los Angeles Times.

“She’s not a happy camper as a result of what’s going on. She’s hurt. She’s angry,” David Sonenberg, the “Idol” judge’s manager, told the newspaper on Friday.

David, who said that he became Paula’s manager just weeks ago, at the end of June, added that he has yet to receive a proposal for a new contract for Paula.

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.accesshollywood.com/manager-paula-abdul-hurt-angry-may-not-return-to-idol_article_20747

I believe she just wants to stir something up so that she gets a pay rise too! :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 05:36:59 PM »
Everyone else got one!  :lol:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 05:49:30 PM »
I hope that Paula would not leave Idol. If that happens, what would happen to Idol? No Simon? No Paula? No Idol?  :'(
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 04:00:57 AM »
VFTW has got the most truthful reply to this for ONCE.

That's enough. After even more articles from Paula Abdul in the news saying that she won't be back on American Idol due to contract negotiations stalling, enough is enough. When will the press learn that the judges are told to keep telling everyone that they won't be back or have to negotiate contracts so that people keep reporting on Idol all year long? Since nothing is going on, Paula has to run her yapper about how there's a possibility she won't be back. This comes after months of Kara, Simon, and Randy doing the same thing. Who cares? Listen up, judges. You have a sweet gig sitting on a chair, killing brain cells, and saying the same 10 sentences with different variations thrown in every week. Stop bitching. We all know your "I won't be back" lines are bull****. And even if you don't come back because you're actually telling the truth for once, no one will miss you. American Idol has devolved into the worst karaoke competition money can buy, and the judging has become a parody of itself. Any moron with a cocaine habit can do the same thing you do.

So forgive us if we don't have pity for you. Receiving millions of dollars to say "that was pitchy, dawg" or to fall over in a drug-addled mess after being drawn on with crayons is beyond what people in bad economy can have sympathy for. No one wants to hear you say anything else, because no one sees you as anything but has-been personalities that are good to make fun of. So for God's sake, give it up already. 

http://votefortheworst.com/20090718/listen_judges_shut_****

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 06:25:09 AM »
Paula <33333 If Paula does not return to Idol, who knows what will happen...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 11:49:40 AM »
Paula <33333 If Paula does not return to Idol, who knows what will happen...
All the judges will tell the truth...I hope she doesn't leave!
 :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 05:35:02 PM »
I hope that Paula would not leave Idol. If that happens, what would happen to Idol? No Simon? No Paula? No Idol?  :'(

I hope she doesn't leave but they are already out auditioning for next year's season so we know there will be another American Idol. There could be some truth to what Vote For the Worse said, it does keep the news going about American Idol if someone is griping about their contract. Hard to say.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2009, 12:49:46 AM »
It is impossible for Paula to leave Idol.. i'll never believe that. She is half as famous as she is now thanks to Idol. Leaving Idol is just like telling Michael Jackson to leave the music industry, which is impossible because this is what he does for a living and famous for.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2009, 02:30:05 AM »
At first, I was so "OH HELL NO!!! (:;)" about the article, but right now, I don't really care as long as the Kris's, Adam's & Allison's of the world get their chance at stardom. Plus, we have Randy/Simon/Kara as our 3 judges if Paula doesn't come back.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2009, 11:07:06 AM »
I agree Raymond. The most important voice on the show is Simon. After that, it's really not so important. I do like Paula, even though she sometimes can ramble into incoherence.  :colors  She does offer the kids encouragement.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2009, 12:31:12 AM »
I agree Raymond. The most important voice on the show is Simon. After that, it's really not so important. I do like Paula, even though she sometimes can ramble into incoherence.  :colors  She does offer the kids encouragement.

I can't forget how she gave comments on Jason Castro's "Second Performance" when Jason only just gave his first one. Hilarious.

Offline bee1233

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 03:11:48 AM »
I'm surprised Paula was offered less money than Ryan Seacrest.  Simon will make sure she gets more money.  Still a Cook fan here! :werock:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2009, 09:34:35 AM »
I can't forget how she gave comments on Jason Castro's "Second Performance" when Jason only just gave his first one. Hilarious.

It was funny!  :lol: 

Bee, I think I'd be a little peeved too if Ryan gets more money than she does.  (:;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2009, 09:46:30 AM »
LOL. Kara is only getting 12 million.

Offline Samson.Real5

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2009, 04:33:53 PM »
I'm a loser
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 06:03:47 PM by puddin »

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 11:35:49 PM »
Breaking News: Per Paula's Twitter...she's not coming back.

Although it's not surprising that she was leaving...just saddening, for me at least.  It was pretty much long overdue, from acting strange mid-decade to doubling efforts to act strange, and then from her slip with Jason Castro to Kara's arrival, and then a lot of other things.

Still, as much as it's not a total loss, I'm sad to see her go, especially after all these years.  IMO, it's not the same sans Randy, Paula and Simon at the booth.  With Brian's departure, it wasn't a big deal since AI was so new, but after nearly a decade, it's like the end of an era.  Although it sort of ended this past season when Kara joined to make it four judges.  And I mean no disrespect to Kara herself, but tradition has been the norm for me.  

Speaking of Kara, the way AI staff handled that was perfect and inevitable.  Well-planned to get someone in before the person being replaced exits.  Although the compassionate comments are gone, I think I'm ready for nothing but the truth.  Randy, Kara, and Simon equals toughness, no nonsense, and tell it as it is critiques.

Looks like Fox confirmed it as well, but I first learned from her twitter page, and it doesn't get more official than that!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 04:44:39 AM »
Paula Abdul quits 'American Idol'

US singer Paula Abdul has announced she will not be returning for a ninth season as a judge on the hugely popular television reality show "American Idol."

Abdul, whose eccentricities while on the judging panel of the most widely viewed talent show in television history became a staple of the program, dropped her bombshell via a Tuesday night "tweet" -- a message on the microblogging service Twitter.

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to #IDOL," Abdul wrote.

"I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all... being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon."

She did not give a reason for her departure, but reading the tea leaves about her future on the show had been a popular pastime in US entertainment circles.

In late July she wrote on Twitter that she was "trying to work out details of how I can return to #Idol."

"I hope you understand I can only return to #Idol if the deal is fair."

Abdul's three fellow judges -- Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and newcomer Kara DioGuardi -- as well as host Ryan Seacrest, have all reportedly signed contracts for Idol's ninth season on the Fox network, whose show routinely draws more than 10 million viewers each week in the United States alone.

Millions more watch in dozens of other countries around the world.

In a statement carried by industry media, Fox appeared to stress that the decision to exit the show was Abdul's.

"Paula Abdul has been an important part of the 'American Idol' family over the last eight seasons and we are saddened that she has decided not to return to the show," Fox said.

"While Paula will not be continuing with us, she's a tremendous talent and we wish her the best."

Seacrest wrote on his Twitter feed that he was "shocked and saddened about Paula."

"Idol and the cast have grown with each other over the last 8 seasons..I can't imagine the panel without puala (sic)."

"American Idol" was exported to the United States from Britain in 2002, rapidly establishing itself as the most watched show on US television and a pop-culture phenomenon.

The program aims to unearth the next big singing talent and past contestants such as Carrie Underwood and Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Hudson have gone on to forge successful careers in the entertainment industry.

AFP

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 04:45:50 AM »
Looks like Paula's pride must have been the reason.. she just don't see the reason why she gets so much lesser paid than the others i guess. Thank God there's still Kara and i love her hell lot more than Paula.. but guess season 9 will be harshly critique without Paula now. :(

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 09:58:26 AM »
What a shame!!   :(

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 06:20:51 PM »
So sad, AI will not be the same now!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 08:49:04 PM »
Maybe people will realise the season won't be the same without her in Season 9.. and then she will be back for 10? :funny:

I wonder if American Idol will do an Allstars.. :duno:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 10:04:39 PM »
Maybe people will realise the season won't be the same without her in Season 9.. and then she will be back for 10? :funny:

I don't think there is really a point to that, all-stars may be singing other all-stars' songs.
 :duno:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 10:35:18 PM »

I don't think there is really a point to that, all-stars may be singing other all-stars' songs.
 :duno:

Actually i agree, but there are some idols who haven't made it big yet.. but yea, it won't work.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2009, 06:06:21 AM »
Just spoke with @dizzyfeet...has made offer 2 Paula. They're meeting this wkend in vegas 2 discuss. also sed deal may NOT be dead with #idol

I say this is just all American Idol publicity. :res:

Let's see if Paula might suddenly agree to come back. :res: