Author Topic: rff shout out  (Read 3998 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
rff shout out
« on: July 04, 2009, 03:21:56 PM »
Nice to get a shout out in the media but I don't recall a "giant post appeared reading "PRESTON & JENNIFER WIN"  :lol:  .. if anything we had them pinned to be out first or second based on sightings.

Spoilers: instant gratification is now online

As bad as some of these sites are, however, none of them come close to matching what is out there in terms of reality TV. Everyone seems to want to know who wins, who is eliminated, in what order, and even who has issues with the other contestants. Some sites simply enjoy speculation for the sake of enjoyment: take for instance some of the posters over at the CBS forums, who merely attempt to figure out who is eliminated on shows such as "The Amazing Race" based on past performances and hints in previews. Other sites, however, take this level of speculation to new, almost unreal levels. Reality Fan Forum houses a large section devoted to spoilers of any show, from VH1's "I Love Money" to "Survivor." Now how accurate are these spoilers? Oftentimes they're merely posts created by someone looking for attention. Take for instance with season 14 of "The Amazing Race:" a few weeks before the airing of the premiere episode on February 15, a giant post appeared reading "PRESTON & JENNIFER WIN" only to have the dating couple be eliminated in the first episode.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11363-Dallas-TV-Examiner~y2009m7d4-Spoilers-instant-gratification-is-now-online

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: rff shout out
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 03:32:30 PM »
I don't remember that either, did they have an early fan? :lol:

Luckily Jen has a good sense of humor and forgave us for all the "deaf girl" speculation!  :-[

You can't do what we do without having a few mistakes here and there, but I am so proud overall of our whole team and the things we accomplish!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 03:39:33 PM »
Nice to get a shout out in the media but I don't recall a "giant post appeared reading "PRESTON & JENNIFER WIN"  :lol:  .. if anything we had them pinned to be out first or second based on sightings.

Spoilers: instant gratification is now online

As bad as some of these sites are, however, none of them come close to matching what is out there in terms of reality TV. Everyone seems to want to know who wins, who is eliminated, in what order, and even who has issues with the other contestants. Some sites simply enjoy speculation for the sake of enjoyment: take for instance some of the posters over at the CBS forums, who merely attempt to figure out who is eliminated on shows such as "The Amazing Race" based on past performances and hints in previews. Other sites, however, take this level of speculation to new, almost unreal levels. Reality Fan Forum houses a large section devoted to spoilers of any show, from VH1's "I Love Money" to "Survivor." Now how accurate are these spoilers? Oftentimes they're merely posts created by someone looking for attention. Take for instance with season 14 of "The Amazing Race:" a few weeks before the airing of the premiere episode on February 15, a giant post appeared reading "PRESTON & JENNIFER WIN" only to have the dating couple be eliminated in the first episode.

http://www.examiner.com/x-11363-Dallas-TV-Examiner~y2009m7d4-Spoilers-instant-gratification-is-now-online

Ha!!! They just WISH they were right with their snark. If they had really researched their article, they would know that RFF didn't post a giant post saying anything like that but did have accurate information based on sightings and good detective work. They had two words right: "unreal levels."  RFF Tar Detectives do go to unreal levels, taking the smallest clue and digging up the information to support it, or to discard it. (But they missed that part too, didn't they!)  :snicker:

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 03:51:12 PM »
I guess in the future such topic starters should be deleted and if there were a Jen & Preston WIN topic I might have done so and can't remember. Pretty cool none the less to get a shout out  :jumpy:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2009, 06:14:50 PM »
"Now how accurate are these spoilers?" VERY ACCURATE!

And those reporters think they know how hard it is to dig up information. (:;)
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2009, 09:54:55 PM »
If that reporter bothered to check or ask, he/she would have realized that nothing of the kind was posted here. He/she has an agenda.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2009, 11:32:29 PM »
When  you read the whole article, it is clear that he is saying that sometimes spoilers come from just an unfounded  post by anyone, other times they are the result of extensive investigation, so I will give him a pass on that.

But if IIRC, he was pretty upset at being spoiled in the past, so spoilers may not be his favorite thing. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 12:06:18 AM »
I bet he mixed us up with sucks because they always have dumb topics like that, lol
And while I'm here thanks for the shout out too Ken!! You so rock!!!:wohoo:

And to keep up with the latest on Reality TV including Survivor, The Amazing Race and Big Brother, head on over to Reality Fan Forum. Headed up by Rob and my sweetheart, puddin, this is the best site to find out the latest on the above mentioned shows. Plus, the site also discusses other reality shows. The site has the best information on The Amazing Race and over the last three seasons, has been able to determine the actual route of the show. The TAR Detectives as they're known are a very smart bunch and nothing get past them. So if you're a fan of The Amazing Race, head on over to RFF and sign up.

http://www.fangsbites.com/

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 02:27:00 AM »
Sucks = Sucks

RFF = GOLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD :jam:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 11:21:05 PM »
I bet he mixed us up with sucks because they always have dumb topics like that, lol
And while I'm here thanks for the shout out too Ken!! You so rock!!!:wohoo:

And to keep up with the latest on Reality TV including Survivor, The Amazing Race and Big Brother, head on over to Reality Fan Forum. Headed up by Rob and my sweetheart, puddin, this is the best site to find out the latest on the above mentioned shows. Plus, the site also discusses other reality shows. The site has the best information on The Amazing Race and over the last three seasons, has been able to determine the actual route of the show. The TAR Detectives as they're known are a very smart bunch and nothing get past them. So if you're a fan of The Amazing Race, head on over to RFF and sign up.

http://www.fangsbites.com/
Oh, you're welcome, puddin and to all of the great people who make my experience viewing TAR so enjoyable, you're all my friends. :tup:

I'm also promoting RFF on my Twitter account. I hope to get more people to sign up.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2009, 04:40:12 PM »
We LOVE you too Ken!!!!!!!!!  :ya3: :<3 :hoot: