Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 437439 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #775 on: August 18, 2009, 10:59:20 AM »
Teams, when they were in Cambodia, were spotted near Toul Tompong Market (Russian Market) and running towards Indpendence Momument... this is according to a good friend of mine

The Russian Market in Phnom Penh rings a bell, specifically from Around the World for Free's Cambodia episode. My recap of that episode has been copied below. The Russian Market got about 5 minutes air time and 3 sentences in my recap:

Re: "Around the World for Free!"
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2009, 10:38:26 PM » Quote Modify  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAMBODIA

This country shows off its scars from the Pol Pot regime. I guess visiting killing fields is now what tourism is about for those Cambodians not able to get to Angkor Wat. Alex start at the Tuol Sleng Museum. The question of why Pol Pot chose to govern by slaughtering innocent Cambodians, particularly anyone educated, intelligentsia, or lawyers, is still open beacuse no one really knows.  There are a lot of his victims and many more who are relatives of victims. Alex talked to multiple people who were the sole survivors of large families massacred over time.

Next they went to the Choung Ek killing fields 7 km from Phnom Penh, with its Tower of Skulls the gruesome result of what was done there. Next they visit the so-called Russian Market, but nobody can say why it is named that.

Ingredients are purchased to make Tom Yum soup based on lemongrass, shallots and mushrooms. It is one of my favorites. After they have finished eating it, Alex's host states that they have really had Tom Kha soup due to the coconut milk in it.

A young woman is proud of her new job that is miles away but will pay her $100, presumably each month.

Alex and Zsolt get bus tickets from their host to Ho Chhi Minh City in Vietnam 6 hours away. They find an urban center of 8 to 9 million people. Their host in Phnom Penh had given them $20 for making Internet connections and getting around. They spend it at an Internet cafe and on a taxi. Their new host is Todd, who allows them to camp out in his office. He buys them a train ticket to Cu Cho, a wildlife rescue center. There is the countryside they view bomb craters, displays of bombs and the Cu Cho tunnel which assisted the Viet Cong over 40 years earlier in the Vietnam War. It is day 130 of their circumnavigation.

Next they went on an excursion to "the beach" maybe 8 hours from ho Chi Minh City by train. Alex could not find the right train. The one he got on went instead to Wang Tran, with its waterfront and Phu Quoc Island.  There Alex and Zsolt celebrated the Chinese New Year or Tet famous for the 1968 Vietcong offensive. They celebrate with sparklers and fireworks.

They learn that Lilly and Preston in Maryland have been following their progress and provided Alex with a airplane ticket to go from Ho Chi Minh City to San Francisco. Alex gets a job cleaning toilets in a beachfront hotel. He earns enough to take a diving excursion which looks like flippers and snuba to me on day 144. He borrows a moped from the hotel for one hour to see the local area. Finally he gets to Saigon airport.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #776 on: August 18, 2009, 02:30:43 PM »
Teams, when they were in Cambodia, were spotted near Toul Tompong Market (Russian Market) and running towards Indpendence Momument... this is according to a good friend of mine

Documentation?? Can you find out more?

WHO was seen? Descriptions of the teams?

WHEN were they seen? Time of day, date?

WHAT were they doing exactly?

Any photos?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #777 on: August 18, 2009, 07:48:20 PM »

Which would work if the two weren't on opposite ends of town...

PS: Updated as I got the facts.

Russian market sighting

I don't have any photos, but my friend recalls seeing a black guy yelling, and the guy was later seen speaking to a camera. She didn't say if the guy was tall or short, because I told her that there might be basketball players in the Amazing Race, but she did say that the guy looked quite fit. She recalled the event as happening about a fortnight to a month ago (she wasn't clear on the date, sorry guys).

Independence Monument

My friend was later walking towards the Monument when she saw a group of Americans asking directions and pointing southwards. She didn't really pay attention because she thought they might be news crew. She was pretty vague about this one, sorry.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 04:22:01 AM by redskevin88 »

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #778 on: August 19, 2009, 02:13:33 AM »

Which would work if the two weren't on opposite ends of town...

3.35 kilometers is about 2.1 miles. That's really not all that long of a walk, if they walked. It might take 30-40 minutes but if all teams are doing it, it's not a problem (except if your directions or navigation skills are bad). They could also have taken a cab and just been running the last block or so to the monument. It wouldn't be the first time that a team had jumped out of a cab caught in traffic and covered the last portion on foot.

Plaidmoon
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 02:17:07 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #779 on: August 19, 2009, 01:28:15 PM »
Just a smidgen of information about the Tokyo leg. Seems that the yellow team made it to Tokyo  :funny:

http://boblongman.blogspot.com/2009/07/tar-15-from-unexpected-source.html
Thanks Bob - I suspect we'll see you here once the season starts!

The woman who saw the Amazing Racers in/around Tokyo has arrived in NY -- just in time to get ready for her coursework. She's the cousin of one of the nursing students, and is now here herself, training for geriatrics. (I didn't know this.)
She's tight-lipped about most of it. She did say that a guy wearing a lot of yellow rushed inches from her as she was leaving the airport. One of the people following that pair (I think she means the camera or sound crew) practically ran her over. I wonder if she'll be seen in the program footage, if that's the case! She thinks the Fanny Pack is cute. And, if the photos are ever posted, it would be well after classes start.
Can't wait to see who the almost-celebs, beauty queens, gay-rights point-makers, Californians, and the requisite elderly couple/Race fodder are. Then I can pick an Amazing Race winner. I'm not bad at that: 6 of the last 8.
I just wish that customs and passports were not such a confusing nightmare, and they could have an international Amazing Race. That would be the ultimate blast!!

Guessing that Bob's friend was on the LA to Tokyo flight? :duno:
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #780 on: August 20, 2009, 06:04:31 AM »
I found a blog entry from a family that stumbled upon the Amazing Race filming in Talinn at http://whitecruise.blogspot.com/2009/08/estonia-where.html.  Here's the pertinent passage from the blog:

We walked along the back of Old Town up to Toompea Castle where there were great views of the city and the Gulf of Finland. The Castle dates back to the 13th Century and is fronted by the town’s Parliament house, which is PINK! We wandered into a small park next to the Castle where Shawn spotted a red and yellow post normally used in the reality show “Amazing Race.” Just a few minutes later in barrels a panting camera man running in front of two of the teams! They frantically looked around the park for the clue (which was the post) and as I caught eyes with the girl from the yellow team I pointed toward the other side of the park where the clue was waiting. Ha! Imagine that? Of all places in the world you happen to see the Amazing Race being filmed in TALLINN!

They also include a picture which shows one team (Cheyne and Meghan?) next to a clue box holding a clue and another team (Brian and Ericka) either just arriving or waiting while Cheyne and Meghan get filmed. Brian and Ericka's cameraman appears to be saying something (giving them instructions?). I don't see Brian and Ericka's sound man so maybe the cameraman is asking them to hold up until he arrives. There is a man in the far left that appears to be running, but he doesn't look as if he has the sound equipment to me. The quality of the picture isn't the best and there aren't any shadows, so I doubt we can get a time fix on it unless the image gurus can dig a camera time stamp out of it.

Plaidmoon

« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 06:07:33 AM by Plaidmoon2 »

Offline jerseydude

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • It’s Friday, Friday Gotta get down on Friday
« Reply #781 on: August 20, 2009, 06:14:37 AM »
Looks to me like a detour because the blue girl is looking into the camera.
The Amazing Race TV Stars- Marc and Rovilson (Currently 1st)
Victor\'s Amazing Race- Mooyou and Jerseydude (Currently 5th)
RFF Amazing Race Season 2- Redskevin88 & Jerseydude (Eliminated 4th)
Mooyou\'s Amazing Race- Tammy and Victor (Finished 2nd Place )

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #782 on: August 20, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »
It also looks like Brian is doing the double backpack routine!   :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #783 on: August 20, 2009, 09:40:18 AM »
I found a blog entry from a family that stumbled upon the Amazing Race filming in Talinn at
 The quality of the picture isn't the best and there aren't any shadows, so I doubt we can get a time fix on it unless the image gurus can dig a camera time stamp out of it.

Plaidmoon

:tup:  nice one, Plaidmoon

FWIW, the Exif data for this photo is:

File: IMG_5998.JPG

Tag   Name   Value
010f   Make   Canon
0110   Model   Canon PowerShot SD750
0112   Orientation   1
0132   DateTime   2009:08:03 00:31:55

yada yada yada

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #784 on: August 20, 2009, 11:23:28 AM »
 :jumpy: got it!   Location of (bloggers) cluebox is in Governors Garden next to Toompea Castle.  ...which is the same cluebox we already saw in the previous Tallinn spoilers of poker players

Toompea Castle Governors Garden - 360 panorama

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #785 on: August 20, 2009, 11:28:43 AM »
I thought you already knew that!
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #786 on: August 20, 2009, 12:26:27 PM »
Hey - remember our cameraman who was taping Tiffany and Maria when they were decoys in Tallinin?
Looks like he gets around a bit - probably a PA?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 12:30:40 PM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #787 on: August 20, 2009, 12:34:12 PM »
Nice call!  Maybe he is bringing donuts.   :lol:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #788 on: August 20, 2009, 01:19:07 PM »
Captain Unitard Obvious strikes again...  :res: 

Thinking out loud about the camera Exif DateTime   2009:08:03 00:31:55.  Ignoring the hours (probably still set to bloggers home time zone), lets assume the minutes are probably accurate.

So if the ferry arrived in Tallinn at 10AM (local time), taking into account the time to clear terminal/customs/etc, finding a cab, and going to the first clue location Pikk Street door, a time of 10:32 at the castle/tower (second) cluebox is unreasonable.  So that leaves 11:32 and 12:32 and so on and so forth.  Conservatively speaking, they could have been at the castle/tower cluebox at 11:32am.   ;)  Primefun, who was following them, could narrow down the actual times.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #789 on: August 20, 2009, 01:48:08 PM »
:hearts:

Nice job everybody!! Thanks for finding that Plaidmoon!! :jumpy!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #790 on: August 20, 2009, 11:37:22 PM »
well if we bak in estonia again...

who are those?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #791 on: August 21, 2009, 12:56:05 AM »
well if we bak in estonia again...

who are those?

Ericka and Brian are "those" with crew in tow

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #792 on: August 21, 2009, 01:01:24 AM »
Too slow again...Puddin beat me to it.  :waves:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #793 on: August 23, 2009, 03:56:01 AM »
Here's another blog posting at http://servincambodia.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-pictures.html that mentions seeing the Amazing Race, apparently in Phnom Penh. It's not much for details unfortunately.

I was sitting in a cafe when part of next season's amazing race came through!

I tried leaving a comment asking for more details, but I got an error message each time I tried to send it.  :(

Plaidmoon

Offline primefun

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #794 on: August 24, 2009, 02:51:00 AM »
:jumpy: got it!   Location of (bloggers) cluebox is in Governors Garden next to Toompea Castle.  ...which is the same cluebox we already saw in the previous Tallinn spoilers of poker players

Toompea Castle Governors Garden - 360 panorama

Hi again ya'll.. yes this is the cluebox the teams ran to after Pikk street. I followed the yellow team from pikk street all the way up to this cluebox, after which i lost them due to a longer "talk" with the production. The time of the photo in the blog mentioned above must be sometime around 10:45-11:00 a.m.

Offline Mrs Shrek

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race 15 spoilers, sightings & locations
« Reply #795 on: August 24, 2009, 04:36:09 AM »

Translates to:

FOUR HOUSES - the kerkje van Vierhuizen thanks to tv-opnames have been boasted. The mill in the village seems the same destiny undergo. An American film plough has made Thursday prerecordings for a large game show. The game show is similar with the Dutch programme ' Beijing Express'. A camera plough follows teams and films their activities. According to the voluntary millers of four houses went everything in a typical American manner: with much poeha, expensive auto' s and it was even filmed there from a helicopter.

Confirms activities happened on Thursday July 30th

Gah! :groan:

Talk about close. I drove thru the Netherlands that day. Twas more to the south though, in the Nijmegen area, but I'm sure I could have convinced hubby and the kids to take a 'small detour' on our 8 hour drive if I had known....

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #796 on: August 30, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »
I have an update from Joab's twitter/blog find !!

She was lucky enough to see teams in Phnom Penh and Phil as well.

Her original post  said:

They were filming in the market I was shopping at and one pair's camera guy actually stopped and took a 5 second shot of me, winked and ran off after the couple he was attached to. I was filmed by a crew of "The Amazing Race"!! Also, I passed by multiple pairs and their camera and sound guy so hopefully I will appear in one or another shot. Yea. My claim to fame will be a background, blink-and-you'll-miss-it part in "The Amazing Race"!

All in all, I bumped into 5 pairs. The first was a male-male partnership, second was a couple who looked really miserable, third was another couple wearing matching dark blue tees and the guy was wearing a bandanna - rambo-style (this is when I got filmed), fourth was another male-male pair I think - one of em had a combo of neon green with some pink hair and lastly was a girl-girl pair - an asian chick with a white girl. The only definite film capture that I know of is when I bumped into the third pair. And that's even if he wasn't just pointing the cam in my face and pretending to take a shot ...

In response to some questions she has replied:

It was on a Saturday, July 25. You guessed right, I was at the Russian Market in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. It was in the afternoon at about 2:30 p.m. I didn't manage to get any photos because it was a complete and total suprise and I wasn't carrying my camera or my phone with me. If you do send me the pictures, I can possibly identify the pairings I saw. I am interested to know more about the "miserable"-looking couple I saw. To be fair, the market is hot, confusing and full of people and I can understand if they felt overwhelmed by everything. A number of pairs went around and around the market quite a few times. The first one out of the market was the first male-male pair I saw.

Also, about the Independance Monument being the next point after Russian Market, there's no way any team in their right mind would walk all the way there from Russian Market. It's too far, you'd waste a lot of time. And I saw some team, I can't recall which, take the tuk-tuk (motorcycles attached with a carriage-like cab) after coming out of the market.

I linked her to our contestant photos and she was able to identify 4 of the 5 as well as elaborate on the task: :jumpy:

Hi again!

Ok, had a look at the teams and well, they are pretty cleaned up in the pictures (:D) but the one's I can definitely identify are:
Cannan Smith and Mike Combs (Rambo guy)
Maria Ho and Tiffany Michelle
Gary and Matt Tomljenovich
Meghan Rickey and Cheyne Whitney (miserable couple)
The ones I'm iffy about are the male-male pair. I'm pretty sure one of the guys wasn't that tall. I'm 5'4" and he didn't look that much taller than me when he passed by. Either that or I actually saw a girl and thought it was a guy for some reason.

I'm not sure if they were there for a detour or a road block as the market is big and the teams I saw did have to go round and round a number of times. It might have been they had to find a stall and get their next clue from there. It could be the shop was selling either motorcycle parts or household items or from the wet market as I had canvassed (albeit not diligently) the other half of the market and found no red and yellow flag in the handicraft, fabric and clothing section. This is also because I saw most of the pairs going through the half of the market I was in looking dejected and irritated and then gravitate towards the spare parts, household items and wet market area. There are a few goldsmiths on that side as well. There's also a well hidden, I wanna say apothecary type place, but I don't particularly know what goes on behind those doors so can't say for sure if that could be a possible TAR thing. I can say with some degree of certainty that it wasn't an eating challenge because at the point I saw the father-son pair and poker girls, I was sitting in the food arcade area (and I use the term loosely) and was having drinks when they went through. Didn't seem to see any flags there either.

The first team I saw was the male-male pair (which I'm suspect now since I can''t recall them from any of the pics) and they were also the first team to leave. The second team I saw leave was the blue t-shirt team and the last pair in the market as I left was the asian girl-caucasian girl pair. I can't tell if the other pairs I had seen had left at that point but the girls were the straggling TAR team. They were at most one hour behind the first pair. But I'm guessing from the pics on the forum the poker girls managed to get on to the next leg.

:thankyou: Miss Z!! We SO appreciate your help!!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 10:47:19 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #797 on: August 30, 2009, 06:09:13 PM »
The ones I'm iffy about are the male-male pair. I'm pretty sure one of the guys wasn't that tall. I'm 5'4" and he didn't look that much taller than me when he passed by. Either that or I actually saw a girl and thought it was a guy for some reason.

I'll speculate that this is the Red Team:  Sam & Dan McMillen- Brothers

because the only other possibilities would be Harlem and the Orange Team, and I can say that both of those Teams are taller than 5'4".    :tup:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #798 on: August 31, 2009, 10:34:26 AM »
 :hearts:

Yay, thanks peach for following up! She's actually girlclumsy! :funny:

Offline woden

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #799 on: August 31, 2009, 02:06:41 PM »

I'll speculate that this is the Red Team:  Sam & Dan McMillen- Brothers

because the only other possibilities would be Harlem and the Orange Team, and I can say that both of those Teams are taller than 5'4".    :tup:

My only problem with this is that we're starting to have too many teams survive the first three episodes. If it's Sam & Dan, the only possible eliminees for the first three legs are:
The vegans in black eliminated at the starting line (assuming there is an elimination at the pit stop too)
Ron/Marcy
Jessica/Garrett

So that means by the time we get to Cambodia, we need four eliminated couples, yeah? Assuming there are no TBCs/NELs in the first three legs. And I think every other team besides Sam/Dan is accounted for in and after Cambodia, unless I'm missing something.