Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 436542 times)

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*
« Reply #575 on: August 04, 2009, 10:03:20 PM »
I've stumbled on some info that there may be a kayaking task in the Prague area tomorrow.  Don't want to be too specific because I  :hearts: TAR and don't want to mess up our race!

Elaborate more plz.

Don't even start password.

Info will be provided when we can . We have very valid reasons for waiting.

Peach, he clearly says he has info, and if he write that he does he should enclose it.

I really don't want to get into this, but I'm almost certain that graytex has the information but doesn't want to share it too early. It probably needs confirmation from other sources before it can safely be shared.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #576 on: August 04, 2009, 10:07:38 PM »
Let me just say the detectives have this under control. When it is appropriate and safe to share the info, we will. Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #577 on: August 04, 2009, 10:09:19 PM »
Trust me password, certain things need to be kept under wraps until it is safe to reveal. We wouldn't want to ruin the race!

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #578 on: August 04, 2009, 10:10:14 PM »
Let me just say the detectives have this under control. When it is appropriate and safe to share the info, we will. Thanks!

Take your time. The last thing we want is for something to come out early and then it forces something else to get messed up.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #579 on: August 04, 2009, 10:21:04 PM »
And I can guarantee that I cleared what I posted with Peach beforehand so I didn't word things in the wrong way.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #580 on: August 04, 2009, 10:32:44 PM »
Tell you what...

Within the next hour or so unless things go crazy, I have a nice surprise coming to y'all from Phnom Penh!! :hearts:

Just to tide you over of course. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #581 on: August 04, 2009, 11:50:53 PM »
I am working on it...I'm a little slow ...  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #582 on: August 04, 2009, 11:59:40 PM »
Okay!!

Remember walkingpneumonia's Twitter find?

jeni_mama:
was at the park where they also have temple in phnom penh, cambodia yesterday and saw amazing race: asia being filmed
* managed to get photos of three teams from amazing race: asia. was only few steps away from ém!10:40 PM Jul 25th

She has just returned home and jet lagged and all, has agreed to share the story of her TAR encounter and the pictures with us all! :hearts:

:thankyou: jeni_mama!!

This was taken on July 25, around 3pm to 3:30pm.

So, after running the errands on that day, we decided to go to wat phnom. As we parked and we were about to enter the front entrance, but we were told to go to next entrance to the park because they were filming something. That was when I first took picture of that cameramen waiting for teams to arrive. At first, I thought that maybe they were filming one of Cambodian movies because the Cambodian cops said they didn't know what it was for but all they knew was that they had to block it off from public, and there were limited areas where we could go.Then my mom told me that she thinks that it is for Amazing Race (she follows Amazing Race as well). So we went to the next entrance which was not even a minute walk away from the front entrance, to find the monkeys. But it was odd, because we couldn't find a single monkey there, and my relatives said they were surprised because they always see monkeys there every day (they live in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and I'm Cambodian-American myself as well), so we suspected that the city probably moved those monkeys for the filming. All of the sudden, someone tapped on my shoulder and told me to look at two Caucasian men wearing red, with black backpacks and that was when I realized that they were filming Amazing Race show. The cameramen that rode with them in Cambodia's "taxi" stayed to pay the taxi driver while the team ran off, since the other cameramen were already there waiting to film them. After paying taxi driver, those cameramen went to catch up with their team. I ran to take pictures of them but they were already on the stairs to the temple. So I waited nearby where I was allowed (I couldn't get any closer because they don't want people to interfere with the competition, which is understandable). I think maybe about 10-15 minutes later, I saw another taxi passed the front entrance, and they stopped at the same entrance where I entered, and I think they realized that they stopped at the wrong entrance, because they did not enter that entrance, and instead, they ran to the front entrance and entered there. I had to zoom in and take pictures of the 2nd team I saw when they stopped at wrong entrance. They were black men wearing blue jerseys with "Harlem" on the back. As soon as they entered the front entrance, they put on some type of masks (I think it was African masks but I'm not too sure), and started running. Their cameramen later caught up with them. I waited a little longer while for another team. I saw the 3rd team stopped at front entrance. One was Caucasian man, and one black woman. Both were wearing yellow. I took a quite several photos of them, and their cameramen as well. I stayed and waited for another team to arrive but then I couldn't stay any longer because I already had the day planned out. That was my The Amazing Race encounter. :D

Upcoming >>photos and descriptons!!  All Photo captions coutesy of jeni_mama!!

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:45:53 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #583 on: August 05, 2009, 12:13:53 AM »
1. In the first photo, it was just cameramen waiting for teams.

2. In the 2nd one, I decided to take a close up photo of cameramen.

3. In the third one, I tried to take a picture of the first team I saw (I don't know if they were the first team to arrive there, or not) at wat phnom,
but I missed because as I took this photo, they were blocked by trees.

4. In the fourth picture, I attempted to take photo again, and if you look closer, you can see two Caucasian men wearing red with black backpacks.

5.I decided to take photos of cameramen that follows the "red" team. They rode with them in Cambodia's "taxi" when they first arrived at wat phnom.

more.....

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 07:00:21 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #584 on: August 05, 2009, 12:38:08 AM »
6. the first photo in this email was when they got off taxi at wrong entrance and were about to run to the front entrance

7. in the 2nd photo, one of the guys was putting the mask on and then they started running together

8. in the third photo, the blue harlem team entered the front entrance and were still running (or jogging).

9. the fourth photo, as you can see, the blue team were running toward the stairs to the temple

10.the fifth photo, you can see that they were getting closer to the stairs.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 06:52:07 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #585 on: August 05, 2009, 06:44:15 AM »
11. Part 3  the first photo, i took the photo of cameramen who were following harlem team.

12.we were walking toward the car when i saw the yellow team and took photos of them in the 2nd photo. .

13.i took another photo of yellow team in 3rd photo.

14 in 4th photo, the yellow team has gone up on the stairs but decided to take photo of their cameraman

15.. in 5th and 6th photos, i saw teams running around on the top of temple, and i was trying to take photos but i don't know if you can see 'em or if i missed 'em. enjoy! 

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #586 on: August 05, 2009, 07:11:54 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing jeni_mama!!
:ty

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #587 on: August 05, 2009, 07:41:47 AM »
And there is MORE!! And y'all aren't going to believe this one!! :funny:

The following is a true DETECTIVE GROUP COLLABORATION from walkingpneumonia, Slowhatch, Boingo, Chateau, graytex and puddin and peach.

graytex discovered a lead that with walkingpneumonia's help, took us to the Troja WhiteWater Centre, a training facility for world class kayakers.

Photos and Map Link

Google Earth coordinates from Boingo: 50° 6'45.90"N    14°25'30.53"E

and Boingo's Troja Panoramio

And (map here, pano here) from Slowhatch

But perhaps the BEST discovery came when walkingpneumonia pointed out that this site had....WEBCAMS!!  Which refresh at two minute intervals and provide an hourly archive.

After that it was really a matter of sitting back and letting puddin snag >300 pictures, which we will make available later on, after we've had some sleep!

SO WHY is this mportant you ask? The answer is is that this is the site of one of the final four tasks leading to the last elimination.

We were able to see quite a lot of production scurrying about, 4 inflatable red rafts, and eventually a team (or half team) come directly by the webcam on the way to the white water rapids downstream.  A bird's eye view....  :funny:

Here are a few of puddin's finest to give you a taste of what we saw!!  Just be SURE not to miss the suspended cameraguys!! :lol:

All pictures taken via webam on Aug 5  between 10  and 3 PM Prague time.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 08:32:30 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #588 on: August 05, 2009, 07:44:32 AM »
And there is MORE!! And y'all aren't going to believe this one!! :funny:

The following is a true DETECTIVE GROUP COLLABORATION from walkingpneumonia, Slowhatch, Boingo, Chateau, graytex and puddin and peach.

graytex discovered a lead that with walkingpneumonia's help, took us to the Troja WhiteWater Centre, a training facility for world class kayakers.

Photos and Map Link

Google Earth coordinates from Boingo: 50° 6'45.90"N    14°25'30.53"E

and Boingo's Troja Panoramio

And (map here, pano here) from Slowhatch

But perhaps the BEST discovery came when walkingpneumonia pointed out that this site had....WEBCAMS!!  Which refresh at two minute intervals and

This is SO GREAT!!!!!!! A little cliffhanger in the end though!

Thank you so much and good job!  :jumpy: :hearts: :wohoo:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #589 on: August 05, 2009, 07:50:42 AM »
Sorry,,the cliffhanger was cuz my battery was dying, see above for the rest,,,in a few!!  :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Benedicto

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • OMG....Natalie...Prayer Warriors Prevails <3
« Reply #590 on: August 05, 2009, 08:08:34 AM »
lol, it's a cliffhanger =o but I would love to see the next   :-[
I'M ON THE EDGE WITH YOU

Offline EnduranceRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #591 on: August 05, 2009, 08:48:01 AM »
 :hearts: Thanks everyone who helped with that! so if I looked correctly is that the light blue couple? and were you guys able to see all 4 teams?

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #592 on: August 05, 2009, 08:56:16 AM »
This is SO FUN. It's like WRP raising a white flag of trying to conceal everything they can about TAR15 right now...  :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Hidden (?) Webcams is <3 And accessible to public? More <33333333

Suspended camera men! Oh my goodness! It's like the World's in a Big Brother House right now!  :winner :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline EnduranceRealityFan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #593 on: August 05, 2009, 09:06:55 AM »
This is SO FUN. It's like WRP raising a white flag of trying to conceal everything they can about TAR15 right now...  :funny: :funny: :funny: :funny:

Hidden (?) Webcams is <3 And accessible to public? More <33333333

Suspended camera men! Oh my goodness! It's like the World's in a Big Brother House right now!  :winner :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

I completely agree! and btw I'm aitu4fan on sucks haha nice to see you here

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #594 on: August 05, 2009, 09:32:20 AM »
Thank you so much for sharing jeni_mama!!
:ty
Do we know if she saw or touched any monkeys? :monkey
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #595 on: August 05, 2009, 09:46:03 AM »
Well, I sat on that webcam sight for 2 hours hitting refresh every 2 minutes.  I saw some activity then it died down so I thought it was nothing.  Then I find out that if I had stayed up for one more hour I would have seen racers.   :groan:  That'll teach me to not stay up all night with Peach!

Anyway, before I went to bed I did get this screen cap.  It was about 3 hours before the racers came through.  It looks like the arrival of the kayaks they are using.  Nice peak inside how quickly production sets up.  Also, in the background of many of the pics you can see a crane, which I think might be a camera boom.  It seems to have shown up about 3 days before the race, but I'll have to go back and look at more pictures to make sure.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #596 on: August 05, 2009, 09:46:21 AM »
Miracle of miracle,  I managed to snag the next frame at 10:04 am.  It has the suspended cameramen farther along the line.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=18840.0;attach=126483;image
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 05:50:03 PM by puddin »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #597 on: August 05, 2009, 09:50:24 AM »
Boy, in two minutes you can't see them.  They zoomed down that river.

Camera is still pointing up river.  "Blue" team must not be the last team.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #598 on: August 05, 2009, 09:54:07 AM »
A taxi arrived at bout 10:22 am.  By 10:32 we have what may be another team in the water.  You can see the suspended cameramen in action.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #599 on: August 05, 2009, 09:57:08 AM »
Maybe they are reeling back the cameramen.  Here is 10:34 am ...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 10:04:29 AM by Chateau d If »