Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 436543 times)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: The Amazing Race 15 spoilers, sightings & locations
« Reply #275 on: July 30, 2009, 07:50:01 PM »
Let me offer a piece of information that supports Chateau's concept of flying Dubai to Amman, which I agree with. It's the most likely way to have done it because it avoids the passport stamps you get in all Israeli airports.  AR15 teams would not have to cross from Jordan over the Allenby/King Hussein Bridge to East Jerusalem. They could have gone north in Jordan and crossed at the Jordan River crossing. I understand there are only 3 border crossings, one near Eilat (I personally went back from Egypt into Israel at that crossing), Allenby Bridge, and the Jordan River crossing between Irbid, Jordan and Beit She'an, Israel. The last one is the one I believe they used to get to any northern kibbutz or to Masada if they went directly there.

NOTE- I have always had the image in my mind that Masada was about 70 km north and a little west of jerusalem. However, Neobie and retard-boi below are correct and it is actually 30 miles southeast. That blows the Jordan river Crossing theory and means that the Allenby/King Hussein Bridge crossing would be the correct one. There is more chance of being spotted there.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:24:52 PM by apskip »

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #276 on: July 30, 2009, 07:54:31 PM »
Isn't Masada in the South? :duno:

They might want to avoid the West Bank though...

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #277 on: July 30, 2009, 07:58:19 PM »
A fwiw ...

Season run Fall 2009

Filming dates Summer 2009

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HaMerotz_LaMillion_2

According to their site they are still looking at application but it could be just to a diversionary ...

The Amazing Race is well known in Israel because we have the adaptation and the Israeli version had about 20% viewrs rating, that's way I feel that something is off, I expect more people to notice racing contastants or production...it's rather wierd...
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 08:43:59 PM by retard boi »

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #278 on: July 30, 2009, 08:06:21 PM »

Masada is the south-east corner of Israel near the dead sea

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2009, 08:18:32 PM »

the road to masada is no where near the west bank

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #280 on: July 30, 2009, 08:41:15 PM »
I wonder if it still possible that we missed a leg? Dubai >>Jordan (PLEASE take us to Petra :yess:) would be great...and then on to Israel? ???

This looks great...working on it!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #281 on: July 30, 2009, 09:19:34 PM »
I wonder if it still possible that we missed a leg? Dubai >>Jordan (PLEASE take us to Petra :yess:) would be great...and then on to Israel? ???

Aqaba (that have a local Airport)  is right near the border with Israel and land transport frpm there to Eilat is easy and common, if TAR actually came to Israel (again my instinct tell me that it hasn't) it can be through Jorden they could travel in this route rather then through Ben Gorion airport it could explain the lack of sightings.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 09:52:57 PM by retard boi »

Offline retard boi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #282 on: July 30, 2009, 09:20:12 PM »

Aqaba (that have a local Airport)  is right near the border with Israel and land transport frpm there to Eilat is easy and common, if TAR actually came to Israel (again my instinct tell me that it hasn't) it can be through Jorden they could travel in this route rather then through Ben Gorion airport it could explain the lack of sightings.

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #283 on: July 30, 2009, 09:39:38 PM »

if youve been to ben gurian you would understand the non sightings

Offline Dutch Samadhi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #284 on: July 31, 2009, 02:28:49 AM »
Hello, I'm an inhabitant of the beautiful province of Groningen, Zoutkamp, the Netherlands. We've had a tv shootings of some kind in the harbour or dock (I don't know what the name is in English). The provincial tv-station aired a short item on the tv-shootings. Initially a local told it was shootings for the american version of the mole, but since the item on the local tv-station showed two names, namely Ericka & Brian I searched the internet and found two contestants for The Amazing Grace 15 named like that. A former Miss Amerca and her husband. I didn't recognize anyone, but there were teams of two people. They had to bycicle from a town called vierhuizen (you can use Googlemaps) to our town Zoutkamp. They wore traditional clothes from Volendam and bycicled to the harbour where they talked to someone on a boat and after that they went on to dance traditionally or they had to do farmers golf a traditional Groninger sport. I'm saying this to make sure that people will know it was not Volendam that was portraited, but our beautiful small vilage groningen. Please make sure people will know this in America.

Offline Dutch Samadhi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #285 on: July 31, 2009, 02:31:09 AM »
Most important they said the contestants came from dubai. The shooting was yesterday.

Offline Dutch Samadhi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #286 on: July 31, 2009, 02:54:08 AM »
They'll probably leave tonight From 16:00 onwards from schiphol. If you know somebody who'll be willing to go to schiphol than be quick the time difference between this site and the netherlands is six hours. So you'll have to have arranged a sighting before nine o'clock your time.

Greetz from Dutch Samadhi

Offline Dutch Samadhi

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #287 on: July 31, 2009, 03:00:02 AM »
According to what I´ve heard there were only six Couples left

go to www.schiphol.com for flight departure information

or follow this link for flight information from 1600 onwards

http://www.schiphol.com/web/show/id=149833/langid=42?s_date=2009-7-31&s_flight=&s_date_select=0&s_time=16%3A00&s_selected_airport=&s_airport=&s_flightnumber=

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #288 on: July 31, 2009, 03:11:35 AM »
Dutch Samadhi thank you thank you for finding us  :yess: :jumpy: :welcome:

Offline Zatchbellcool

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #289 on: July 31, 2009, 05:31:08 AM »
Omg! What I'd Kill to be in Germany Right now!! :meow:

I Guess I chose the Wrong month to Visit Hawaii :groan:

But Still, I'm Very Happy Europe is Being Visited again :jumpy:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #290 on: July 31, 2009, 05:43:15 AM »
Thanks Dutch Samadhi! It's VERY VERY VERY valuable information that you're sharing with us! You're so very kind!! :hearts:

Offline topaz

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2009, 06:38:57 AM »
If they're already in Netherlands in Europe (on northwestern part), please they should also visit to Belgium and Luxembourg as well, in the Low Countries [Benelux] region.  They'd never visit these 2 countries yet since season 1! :hearts: :casey 

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2009, 07:29:43 AM »

Peach,
 I agree that Petra would have been great, but the probability is too low due to timing issues. That would have resulted after Israel in the first 7 legs of AR15 all in Asia, more than half the race. This is AR15, not ARA4. Enough Asia already.

After Netherlands, teams can still get to Africa before crossing "the Pond" to North America. Or they can go somewhere in Europe like Prague. Or they can do both.

7 legs have been completed. There are probably either 4 or 5 legs left with return to the U.S. expected in 8 to 9 days.

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2009, 07:53:13 AM »

Peach,
 I agree that Petra would have been great, but the probability is too low due to timing issues. That would have resulted after Israel in the first 7 legs of AR15 all in Asia, more than half the race. This is AR15, not ARA4. Enough Asia already.

After Netherlands, teams can still get to Africa before crossing "the Pond" to North America. Or they can go somewhere in Europe like Prague. Or they can do both.

7 legs have been completed. There are probably either 4 or 5 legs left with return to the U.S. expected in 8 to 9 days.

I find the Netherlands leg surprising. I had been expecting them to head from Dubai to Africa or the former Russian Republics for a couple of legs then to Europe for a couple of legs and then to the US for the final. Europe now seems too soon. The Israel lead made more sense if they were going to Africa and then to Europe, but the Netherlands info seems to fit what we know of the contestants better. I guess the Masada sighting must be one of the Amazing Races or even some local race. Unless the Netherlands info is a false lead to throw us off. Hopefully, we'll get some independent source that confirms one of them.

Assuming that the Netherlands leg is real, I presume they will do another European leg, then they could do 1 or 2 legs in Africa, 1 or 2 legs somewhere in South America, Latin America or the Caribbean and then head back to the US.

Plaidmoon

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2009, 07:59:37 AM »
Hello, I'm an inhabitant of the beautiful province of Groningen, Zoutkamp, the Netherlands. We've had a tv shootings of some kind in the harbour or dock (I don't know what the name is in English). The provincial tv-station aired a short item on the tv-shootings. Initially a local told it was shootings for the american version of the mole, but since the item on the local tv-station showed two names, namely Ericka & Brian I searched the internet and found two contestants for The Amazing Grace 15 named like that. A former Miss Amerca and her husband. I didn't recognize anyone, but there were teams of two people. They had to bycicle from a town called vierhuizen (you can use Googlemaps) to our town Zoutkamp. They wore traditional clothes from Volendam and bycicled to the harbour where they talked to someone on a boat and after that they went on to dance traditionally or they had to do farmers golf a traditional Groninger sport. I'm saying this to make sure that people will know it was not Volendam that was portraited, but our beautiful small vilage groningen. Please make sure people will know this in America.

Dank u wel !!

:bigwelcome to you Dutch Samadhi!!

Thank you SO  much...I have been to Gronigen and it is beautiful!!  What FUN to get to see it again!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #295 on: July 31, 2009, 08:09:02 AM »
Didn't know what to make of this before, but will add it here in case:

We may have had a production person in Italy July 27 or 28.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #296 on: July 31, 2009, 08:41:12 AM »
Didn't know what to make of this before, but will add it here in case:

We may have had a production person in Italy July 27 or 28.

Could he (or she) have been arriving to set up the next leg after the Netherlands? Do you know if they left after the 27th or 28th? 

Italy would make a good destination if they were headed to North Africa or Ethiopia after that.

Plaidmoon

Offline Parovic

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #297 on: July 31, 2009, 09:16:48 AM »
It is difficult to think after Netherlands, where should they go. But i will pay attention on
Billund,Denmark,Belgium,Luxembourg,Andorra

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 10:52:04 PM by puddin »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #299 on: July 31, 2009, 10:50:29 AM »
 :duno:  here's something from the provincial TV station in Groningen TV Noord (translated)   or TV Noord in Dutch

scroll down to the video link titled "U.S. film crew with many poeha in Vierhuizen"

or

"Amerikaanse filmploeg 'met veel poeha' in Vierhuizen" in Dutch

or

just watch the YouTube video below   :jumpy: :wohoo:

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 10:59:10 AM by Boingo »