Author Topic: TAR 15 spoilers, sightings & locations *summary page 1*  (Read 436528 times)

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: The Amazing Race 15 spoilers, sightings & locations
« Reply #175 on: July 26, 2009, 11:21:56 PM »
Let's keep this thread clear for sightings only!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2009, 04:18:23 AM »
Our Dubai blogger (thanks to walking pneumonia for the find!!)  has been able to share some more information with us: Bold is mine...

I'd be happy to answer your questions, but a big caveat first: although we spoke to a couple of the contestants and it sure appeared to be the amazing race, no one could confirm because they all cited confidentiality agreements.

having said that, here's what we saw: it was roughly 10:30 p.m. dubai time on sunday, july 26. we were coming out of urbano, a restaurant in souk al bahar. they were not in the restaurant; they were looking for a checkpoint outside. (it turned out to be near the dubai mall taxi stand, by a giant statue of a black horse.) when we got up close to the checkpoint, we could see that it was a sign-in sheet, and there was a producer waiting nearby to hand the contestants instructions. the teams we saw were each one man, one woman, in their 20s or early 30s, dressed in t-shirts and giant backpacks. we didn't get any pictures of the contestants... sorry.

I have sent some pictures to him in hopes that he can recognize who he spoke with, as well as confirm the horse, :funny:

Possible black horse:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2009, 05:09:58 AM »
Twitter: Sam said there was a hot blonde and her boyfriend also from the amazing race on our flight to Dubai! Now i am interested...

Same guy who said: First tweet! What a better way to start but to tell u that i saw some teams from the amazing race on my flight to dubai! I love that show!!

Anyone messaged him to get info??

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2009, 06:38:36 AM »
This in a PM from the guy on the flight to Dubai...I'm trying to get flight details as well:

Their seemed to be team consisting of two females (one looked asian, the other american i am guessing!) and too tall 'black dudes.' i dont remember seeing anyone else but i will ask my friend i travelled with and may get back to you!

This is before he said, "And a hot blonde...".  All of those sound exactly like 3 of our teams.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2009, 11:28:53 AM »
Our Dubai blogger (thanks to walking pneumonia for the find!!)  has been able to share some more information with us: Bold is mine...

I'd be happy to answer your questions, but a big caveat first: although we spoke to a couple of the contestants and it sure appeared to be the amazing race, no one could confirm because they all cited confidentiality agreements.

having said that, here's what we saw: it was roughly 10:30 p.m. dubai time on sunday, july 26. we were coming out of urbano, a restaurant in souk al bahar. they were not in the restaurant; they were looking for a checkpoint outside. (it turned out to be near the dubai mall taxi stand, by a giant statue of a black horse.) when we got up close to the checkpoint, we could see that it was a sign-in sheet, and there was a producer waiting nearby to hand the contestants instructions. the teams we saw were each one man, one woman, in their 20s or early 30s, dressed in t-shirts and giant backpacks. we didn't get any pictures of the contestants... sorry.

I have sent some pictures to him in hopes that he can recognize who he spoke with, as well as confirm the horse, :funny:

Possible black horse:

I think it may be this horse created by Fernando Botero (famous horse sculptor   :funny: ) - strategically located in front of the Burj Dubai - the really tall building.

Guess we have an HOH situation - sign in sheet to go up the Burj Dubai (2,684 ft) when it opens in the am. That would be one long bungy jump - hopefully its a "spot the gnome".
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 11:42:02 AM by walkingpneumonia »
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #180 on: July 27, 2009, 12:12:41 PM »
Oh I like your horse! :jumpy:

But the Burj is under construction and not scheduled to reopen till Dec. And they don't have bungy there, well...not LEGAL ones that is! :funny: here is an illegal one!!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #181 on: July 27, 2009, 12:16:48 PM »
Great Peach!  I just looked on wikipedia and they are building so many amazing buildings there!  I have a feeling of the black horse in front of the Burj Dubai too.
 :lol:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 12:50:43 PM by Snooky »

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: July 27, 2009, 12:48:52 PM »
 :lol:  ...well, (as per the spoiler) the Dubai Mall is right next to the Burj Dubai...   :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #183 on: July 27, 2009, 01:27:04 PM »
and the inside ski place is INSIDE that mall!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2009, 01:29:28 PM »
and the inside ski place is INSIDE that mall!!
I was thinking that they would do some indoor skiing while they were there.
But I think it is a different mall...If there is one I think there is a better one.
Mall of the emirates:

THIS IS JUST SPECULATION
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 01:45:48 PM by Snooky »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: July 27, 2009, 01:32:55 PM »
it was in season 1 of asia

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #186 on: July 27, 2009, 01:34:56 PM »
 :lol:  apparently the mall is filled with horses too...   :groan:  maybe they have to find the right horse inside for the next clue?  how devious...  :funny:

Offline Coolios

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #187 on: July 27, 2009, 01:36:54 PM »
They already did that in Amazing Race Asia (season 1, leg 10). Teams had to climb the steepest slope in Ski Dubai while carrying 25 kg worth of skiing equipment. Their next clue would be collected at the top of the slope.

I thing they would use this location now in American season. Here is the picture of ski slope.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:23:18 PM by Petr »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #188 on: July 27, 2009, 01:42:20 PM »
Remember when we were searching the horse statue in Kazakhstan Boingo? the Dubai horseys kept coming up :horsey:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2009, 01:44:34 PM »
but it was a detour so my as atentoin i thik the amazing race it going to do the same detour as asia

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2009, 01:47:26 PM »
put url=  and it will work I think Petr...

maybe they are just going to do something in the souk?/

http://www.immo-news.net/Emaar-Malls-Group-opens-Souk-Al-Bahar-at-Downtown-Burj-Dubai_a3345.html

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2009, 01:54:00 PM »
 :jam:  here's a wider angle shot of walkingpneumonia's horsey right outside an entrance to the Dubai Mall.  ;D

@puddin - yeah, horseys everywhere... but that mosque was a real pain to find.   :lol:  :groan:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:05:28 PM by Boingo »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2009, 02:08:23 PM »
The horse to me looks best there and they may then need to go to the mall and ski place. Sounds right!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #193 on: July 27, 2009, 02:21:24 PM »
 :lol: OMG, there's even an aquarium at the mall ... with seahorses  :ascared ...  they could be there for days...  :groan:   :funny:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #194 on: July 27, 2009, 10:15:13 PM »

I think it may be this horse created by Fernando Botero (famous horse sculptor   :funny: ) - strategically located in front of the Burj Dubai - the really tall building.

That's the one!!  :jumpy: :jumpy:  (confirmed)
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #195 on: July 28, 2009, 03:52:34 AM »
Race in Dubai! <33
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 03:58:04 AM by uycocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #196 on: July 28, 2009, 09:05:08 AM »
Pretty good confirmation of two more teams from our Dubai source, after reviewing the pics I sent:

I'm pretty sure the guy we briefly talked to was the male half of the maroon team. the two we encountered outside the restaurant were, I'm fairly certain, jodah and michelle.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #197 on: July 28, 2009, 05:33:45 PM »
Well I was able to coax some images out of those two polaroid liners that I found at the Startline in the LA River..   :tup:

I had to razor-blade scrape an encrustation of goo off the negatives.  I put each negative into a petri dish of isopropyl alcohol.  That helped to soften the goo.  But it also softened the image layer as well. 

So I found myself somewhere between revealing and erasing the image.

This is the second polaroid.  I decided to just look at it through the IPA.

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #198 on: July 28, 2009, 05:39:50 PM »
For reference, the shots were taken here:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: July 28, 2009, 05:47:51 PM »
Oh. My. Gawd.

That. Is. AWESOME.  :jam:

I see the word OBEY and (I think) 7'-4" 528(something)