Author Topic: Survivor 20 Samoa II  (Read 31351 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Survivor 20 Samoa II
« on: June 11, 2009, 01:13:14 AM »
Much thanks to DanieuBleau @ SurvivorSkills (more here)   .........she is keeping track of Survivor 20 possibly being filmed back to back with S19.

STAYIN' ALIVE
'SURVIVOR' HOST'S SHOW ABOUT DYING STILL IN WORKS

By MAXINE SHEN
 "Survivor" host Jeff Probst

JEFF Probst's show about dying people isn't dead.

Even though "Live for the Moment" was left off CBS' 2009/2010 pick- up list announced at last month's upfront pre sentation -- usually a sign that the network didn't want the show -- Probst tells The Post. "We are doing more [episodes].

"CBS called me the day of the announce ment and said, 'Don't be alarmed if you don't hear the an nouncement, it's only because we don't know where it would go on the schedule yet,' " he says.

Turns out that be cause Probst is shooting two seasons of "Survivor" back to back -- he's currently in Samoa, gearing up for the 19th season of the compet ition show -- he "can't even start shooting ['Live for the Moment'] until the end of September, when I'm back from double duty on 'Survivor.' The earliest I could have episodes done would be January."

Without the safety net of having a few episodes in the can until then, CBS -- currently the No. 1 network -- didn't want to take any chances announcing it as a mid-season replacement either, just in case the series still wasn't ready.

But, Probst says he recently got another e-mail from the network saying that "they love the show." As a result, "I feel very confident that we're doing it," he says.

Each week, "Live for the Moment," which Probst created and will executive produce alongside Mark Burnett, will send a different person with a terminal disease diagnosis on an uplifting adventure related to an unfulfilled wish, like and exotic trip or hoped-for reunion.

Having shot the pilot episode earlier this year, starring a man with Lou Gehrig's Disease, Probst says, "It's the best thing I've ever been a part of. It's so inspirational and so positive, I really believe its time for the show.

"I think people will see it and it will prompt them to think, 'Am I liv ing? Do I like my job? Should I do something different?' You've got to wake up and start liv ing."

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06092009/tv/stayin_alive_173341.htm

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Survivor 20 Samoa II
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 02:49:42 PM »
Yes and the possibility is that Season 20 might be an All-Stars or Winners Edition
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 09:56:31 PM »
Yes and the possibility is that Season 20 might be an All-Stars or Winners Edition
I don't think so, not so soon after Micronesia. (Though, then again, China & Micronesia were filmed back-to-back so who knows? I don't know if I'm ready for that quite yet from another All-Stars go round. :P And wasn't the first one season 8? If Micronesia was 16 then I wouldn't be surprised if the next one was...oh god...24.)
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 10:48:20 PM »
We will see... Pearl Islands and All Stars were back to back as were China and Micronesia... Both werent your usual seasons! now another back to back  :duno:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 11:59:16 PM »
I really really liked Ass and A Half and think it was one of my favorite seasons although I didn't think it would turn out so great in the beginning. Well..... they need some sort of twist for 20 so something like Ass and A Half with a twist would be alright with me.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 12:07:28 PM »
Could it even be like Guatemala and bring back just a few players?

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 02:59:29 PM »
I don't know about Ass and a half again. I hope for Winners Edition or just plain ASS or just a normal season lol!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2009, 10:30:05 AM »

Jeff Probst: He's the ultimate survivor
Portable toilets and showers, phones with no reception. . . the reality for the Emmy-winning host of 'Survivor' and its crew is that shooting the show is an ordeal.
By Rebecca Ascher-Walsh
June 15, 2009
Nine years, 18 seasons and 15 iterations of wilderness later, "Survivor" host Jeff Probst is a man of simple needs: A shower to call his own and a movie theater within driving distance.

"Gabon, Africa . . . you don't want to go there," says the 46-year-old of the 17th season. As for Tocantins, Brazil, where this past season was filmed, "I couldn't find it on a map now, and I was there for six weeks. It's in the middle of nowhere, with portable toilets and portable showers. In those two places we were living in tents at first. It was kind of romantic for a while," he says, not entirely convincingly, of the crew's accommodations, "but then we were about to lose our minds. E-mail was sketchy. We had phones, but you couldn't get reception. We called [creator and executive producer Mark Burnett] and said, 'Dude, next time, hotel or mutiny.' "

The crew of 325 can put down their weapons. As they prepare to ship off to Samoa for the summer, where they will spend 3 1/2 months filming two seasons back to back thanks to budget cuts, things are looking downright luxurious. "I just ran into our production designer, who said, 'There's a movie theater 45 minutes away,' " says Probst, showing off his extravagant dimples. "We've never had that. We've never had a hotel. I keep waiting for someone to say, 'Dude, it's April 1. We're kidding.' "

The Emmy-winning host could be forgiven for getting tired of the game, even if the show has yet to lose its prime Thursday time slot since its premiere. Last season had the kind of casting that producers dream about, with a villain in the self-knighted Coach and a hero in the rancher and ultimate winner J.T., but how many torches can one person snuff out and still remain engaged?

"I stay interested because there's always a hero and there's always an underdog," Probst says. "I pull for the underdog until they become the hero, and then I want them to fall. This season I pulled for Sierra the whole time because she was the underdog the whole time. Is she whiny and bitchy? Yeah. But she's a good story."

And dreams of cellphone access aside, keeping the tale moving along for the 39 days of filming is, he asserts, his priority. Probst dated a former "Survivor" contestant, Julie Berry, for several years, but while the show is in production, "there's no fraternizing with the contestants," he says. "The first couple seasons I would hang out with them, but all that would happen is they wanted to talk to me because they're bored, and we can't use that on the show. Every episode is about one thing, and that's about who is being voted out and going home." (That said, even those voted off don't get to go home until the end of the show.)

Probst will have fulfilled his contract by the end of the summer. Should he choose not to re-up, something he says he has yet to decide, Burnett believes that won't be the end of the adventure. "Jeff's the face of the show," he admits, "but it's not a silly game. It has strong sociological values, which is why it's unbeaten in its time slot. 'America's Most Wanted' has gone on for 20 years, so I think we could only be halfway through."

As for the face of the show, a decade of watching strategies play out hasn't been wasted when it comes to plotting his future. He's shot a pilot for CBS called "Live for the Moment," in which a terminally ill person is taken on a series of adventures, and he'll be filming new episodes when he returns home to L.A. this fall. "I'm more proud of this than anything I've ever done," he says.

calendar@latimes.com
http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/tv/la-en-probst15-2009jun15,0,7149315.story

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2009, 04:23:06 PM »
Budget Cuts. lol hahaha

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2009, 10:17:24 PM »

Jeff Probst: back-to-back Survivor seasons “because of budget cuts”; “I really don’t” know about hosting past season 20
Survivor 20 »   June 15, 2009, 7:34 AM

Seasons 19 and 20 of Survivor will be filmed back to back—instead of taking a three-month break in between them—and the reason is entirely about saving money, Jeff Probst told me.

“This season we’re also doing back-to-back seasons because of budget cuts, and that’s just the truth. We are having to do two seasons to save money, because every television show is undergoing some sort of a cut,” Probst said. “And I think that’s going to be hard on people. It’s a long time to be away from home. We’re gone nearly four months. Six weeks was one thing; 14 weeks is another,” he said.

To me, getting two seasons out of the way and having a year-long break seemed like it might be easier, but Jeff said I was mistaken, and to explain why, launched into his Mark Burnett impression, complete with a British accent. “That’s what Mark Burnett would say. Mark Burnett would say, ‘Jeff, oh oh oh I’ve got a brilliant idea. I’m going to do this for you. We’re actually going to shoot both seasons back to back. It’s brilliant. And then when you’re home, look, you’ll be home for a long time, so it’s brilliant.’ ‘Mark, you coming to location for that long a time? ‘Eh, no, Jeff, I can’t, I have a business to run.’ That’s how it goes with Mark. Any time Mark starts a sentence with ‘I have something you’re really going to like’, it means, you’re going to hate this. So like a doctor saying, this won’t hurt much—oh, here we go.”

During my conversation with Probst, I also asked him the inevitable question: His contract is up after season 20, so will he stay on as host? He was noncommittal, although not in a bull**** sort of way. “That will be 10 years, and I really at this point don’t know my own personal feelings about continuing or not. I really don’t,” Probst told me.

“I’m incredibly loyal to Mark, and we have a crew of 325; I don’t want to be the guy that has anything to do with having a hiccup in Survivor. It’s a hard time to have a job, and I have one, and I certainly don’t want to walk away from a job. So I’m not trying to be coy or cagey,” Probst said. “I’ve been telling Mark, 10 years and 20 seasons is a long time to do the same job from a creative standpoint. But then there’s the logical, rational side of, you are employed, you moron.”

Burnett seems confident, however, that the show will continue on for another 10 years. Burnett recently talked to Fancast to promote his new show Wedding Day, TNT’s first reality series, and said, “On the last Thursday, ‘Survivor’ beat ‘CSI.’ Survivor’ is untouchable on Thursdays at eight. Everything that’s thrown at it, they don’t come close. If a show stays on, it stays on. ‘America’s Most Wanted’ has been on for 20 years, there’s no reason ‘Survivor’ won’t be on for 20 years.”

The obvious question, of course, is whether there’s a way Survivor could be on without Probst, who has anchored the show since the beginning, if he decides 10 years is enough. I think replacing him would be nearly impossible without restructuring the show, because sticking someone in his place would just highlight how critical he is to the show, never mind his off-camera work.

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/survivor_20/2009_Jun_15_probst_back_to_back

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2009, 03:42:55 AM »
Obviously these spoilers/speculation are probably wrong but sucks might be onto 2 survivors possibly already... Take a look...

Mandy Mantzel, 23, Teacher who used to live in Samoa?
Though she was online on the computer not long ago on a youtube account so could be wrong

Anthony Wilhelm, 35-45, Director of Telecommunitons blah blah blah. (Religious)
Possible

Lets hope  :yess:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2009, 10:54:43 PM »
Another possiblitly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsVcCFCj0nM

Hayley  :hearts:

Sucks has info on this. Just trying to keep us updated sorry if I shouldnt be posting here

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 10:02:56 AM »
I'm pretty sure those potential contestant spoilers are coming from Survivor Skills as gathered by DanieuBleau  and are for Survivor 19 not 20 Kiwi.

http://www.survivorskills.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=96;t=6749

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 02:38:58 PM »
Oh sorry Skills not Sucks! Though Wilhelm was originally posted on Sucks...and these should be in Survivor 19 thread sorry!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2009, 04:56:56 PM »
‘Survivor’ group wants Hatch for anniversary show

By Jim Taricani
Investigative Reporter
Published: July 10, 2009

CRANSTON, R.I.—“Survivor” winner Richard Hatch says he wants to be let out of his home confinement early to travel to Samoa to star in a 10th anniversary edition of the same reality show in which he won $1 million and failed to pay taxes on the prize, NBC 10’s I-Team reported.

In documents filed Friday in federal court, Hatch, who was convicted of tax evasion and is currently on home confinement, said he has been invited by the Survivor Entertainment Group to appear in the 10th anniversary season of the CBS show.

“SEG would like to extend an offer in which you may participate in the upcoming cycle of the series,“ Hatch’s letter said.

“If permitted to participate in this opportunity, funds earned by Hatch could be applied first to any U.S. tax obligation (once determined),” Hatch’s lawyers said in court papers.

Hatch recently asked a judge to let him out of his final 90 days of home confinement to travel to Argentina to get married.

The government is opposing Hatch’s request. It said Hatch sill has not paid the $400,000 in taxes he owes from the $1 million he won on the first season of “Survivor.“

“Judge (Ernest) Torres found that Hatch was in need of supervision, including mental health counseling and that Hatch perjured himself extensively during the trial,“ the government said in court papers.

If Hatch continues to refuse to pay the back taxes, the government said it will “seek revocation of the defendant’s supervised release.“

The government says if Hatch is in Argentina getting married or in Samoa, it would be impossible to put him back in prison.

Hatch contends that it’s CBS that owes most of the taxes and that foreign and domestic tax issues are preventing him from paying. The government disputes Hatch’s claims.

Editor’s Note: None of the documents filed in federal court identify if the 10th anniversary season will be held in American Samoa or the Independent State of Samoa.

http://www.turnto10.com/jar/news/local/article/survivor_group_wants_hatch_for_anniversary_show/19667/

pdf
http://static.mgnetwork.com/jar/hatch_letter.pdf
« Last Edit: July 10, 2009, 05:01:14 PM by puddin »

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 11:56:08 PM »
I hope Survivor 20 is an All-Stars 2 featuring Micronesia Fans, Gabon, Tocantins, and Samoa! :)
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline DanieuBleau

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2009, 10:52:00 AM »
Nice. Thanks puddin!

:waves:

Kiwi Jay, I took Wilhelm down due to him recently leading a broadband workshop. Here's the link:

http://broadbandcensus.com/2009/07/ntias-tony-wilhelm-russ-ken-kuchno-to-headline-broadband-stimulus-town-hall-workshop/

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2009, 12:52:04 PM »
Hellooooooo DanieuBleau  :jumpy: :jumpy:! Thank you for all the shout outs and thank you for keeping track of all the Survivor news and keeping them all neatly tucked into one thread, you rock! :wohoo:

Offline DanieuBleau

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 02:08:08 PM »
Hellooooooo puddin, thanks right back at cha, good work, luv ya girl!

and hello to the house!

:waves:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2009, 02:47:23 PM »
Great to see you here!! Thank you for ALL your hard work!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2009, 03:02:37 PM »
You'll find that you have a lot of fans here that appreciate all the hard work you do especially for the sake of spoilers DanieuBleau  :hearts:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2009, 09:23:51 PM »
I really really liked Ass and A Half and think it was one of my favorite seasons although I didn't think it would turn out so great in the beginning. Well..... they need some sort of twist for 20 so something like Ass and A Half with a twist would be alright with me.

What made it so great were Cirie, Poverty and Amanda playing with the guys. It was just hilarious watching stupid things like the idol being flushed out again and again and Erik giving the immunity necklace to Natalie. Just lol.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2009, 09:26:48 PM »
I hope Survivor 20 is an All-Stars 2 featuring Micronesia Fans, Gabon, Tocantins, and Samoa! :)

Gabon itself can form one tribe with all their memorable characters. I'm not surprised if Sugar, Ken, Crystal, Randy, Corrine and Bob are all asked to come back to form one tribe. Even less featured characters like Charlie, Susie and Matty were even memorable. But if Samoa is indeed an allstars, they seriously need to put Sugar on. Sugar was one hell of a _____ and made Gabon truly exciting and unpredictable week after weeks. :funny:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2009, 03:35:08 AM »
Very true  :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 06:45:46 PM »
SURVIVOR - HATCH DENIED EARLY RELEASE FOR REALITY COMEBACK

HATCH DENIED EARLY RELEASE FOR REALITY COMEBACK

SURVIVOR star RICHARD HATCH's dreams of a reality TV comeback have been shot down - a judge has refused to end his home confinement sentence so he can appear on the show in Samoa.
Hatch was crowned the winner of Survivor: Borneo in 2000, but he was indicted and sentenced to four years behind bars in 2005 for failing to pay tax on the $1 million (£666,670) plus he'd earned from the show and subsequent TV appearances.
He was released from a facility in Morgantown, West Virginia on 11 May (09) for good behaviour and put on supervised release for 90 days.
Hatch asked to leave for Samoa next month (Aug09) for a series to mark the 10th anniversary edition of the reality show, arguing the money he earns could pay his tax obligations - but U.S. District Judge William Smith has turned down the request.
Hatch is currently serving out his sentence at his home in Newport, Rhode Island.

13 July 2009 19:16

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/hatch-denied-early-release-for-reality-comeback_1109599
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 06:50:00 PM by puddin »