Author Topic: TAR: Latin America (previous seasons)** includes spoilers**  (Read 457139 times)

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR: Latin America ** includes spoilers**
« Reply #75 on: June 16, 2009, 07:08:01 AM »
the poll rember wre were talking colmbia and the leader more it mexico

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: June 16, 2009, 07:11:32 AM »
this what they say website translate on yahoo

Each stage of the race begins in the “Shutdown” where the previous stage finished. The equipment exactly leaves 12 hours after their arrival, in the same order and time interval in which they arrived.

When an equipment starts off gives an envelope to him that contains the first part of its “Information of route” (track) and the money that needs for the stage.

The equipment goes of track in track, from place to place, sometimes traveling great distances between each destiny. By the way they will find a “Deflection” and a “Obstacle”. Only there is one of these in each stage of the race, but IT DOES NOT EXIST LIMIT for the number of “Markers of Route” or other tasks that can find in the passage.

In the end, the equipment will be reported in the “Shutdown” and will wait for 12 hours before following. If one is a “eliminatory Shutdown”, the last equipment in arriving is disqualified of the race. If it were not it, all the equipment will remain in the race until the next “eliminatory Shutdown”.

Sometimes, one asks for the equipment to them that carries out a task that is neither a “Deflection” nor a “Obstacle”. These tasks almost always take place outside the habitual locations of the “Markers of Route”, and both members of the equipment must realise them to be able to receive their next track. Generally these Tasks Between Markers of Route are not very difficult, although they cause that to obtain the next track he is more interesting, because forces the equipment “to gain

“deflection” more easily is described like a “bifurcation in the way”. When the equipment arrives at a “Deflection”, a track is given to them forces that them to decide between two tasks, one of which must be realised in its totality before the equipment receives the next track. To each one of the it will take them tasks to the same place (or it will give the same information them), although each of them also must have negative and positive aspects. For example, an election could require that the equipment travels a short distance in bicycle, whereas the other could require that they travel a distance much more releases but in a sport car. The equipment will have to evaluate the pros and the cons of each election and to decide by themselves what way wishes to take. Because this game is a race, the equipment will have to evaluate the exigencies of a task against their abilities (or fears) personal, and to try to decide which task thinks that they can complete with greater rapidity.

The “deflections” better designed offer to the equipment options to them that they also pretend to be balanced, although in fact is not thus. If an election is clearly more advantageous, all the equipment would choose to realise it, making the episode less interesting.

If an equipment chooses one of the tasks of “Deflection” and soon it does not manage to complete it for any reason, the equipment can be decided to carry out the other task of “Deflection”. Nevertheless, if an equipment, for whatever reason, suitably does not complete one of the tasks of “Deflection” in its totality, it will receive a penalty of time of 24 hours. In this case, the time penalty is added at the time of Exit of the equipment for the following stage of the race. In almost all the cases, this penalty will cause that the equipment is eliminated.

Only there is a “Deflection” in each stage of the race.

Each equipment is formed of two people who already maintain a relation special. No equipment trains strangers, since the tension that the situations of the race generate between companions who know themselves very well becomes the focal point of the series. The equipment can be compound of good friendly, roommates, fellow workers, pairs of fianc2es, marriages, relatives, etc. In addition, it is which the equipment represents a variety of ages, races and sorts. The section of Casting includes more on the equipment.

Sometimes, one asks for the equipment to them that carries out a task that is neither a “Deflection” nor a “Obstacle”. These tasks almost always take place outside the habitual locations of the “Markers of Route”, and both members of the equipment must realise them to be able to receive their next track. Generally these Tasks Between Markers of Route are not very difficult, although they cause that to obtain the next track he is more interesting, because forces the equipment “to gain it”.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 07:17:16 AM by zachary busch »

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2009, 07:14:28 AM »
it is aslo a game on website that leader info tooo

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tudiscovery.com%2Frace%2F&lp=es_en&.intl=us&fr=yfp-t-106

pudin please dont bann it just inster shara

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2009, 07:24:07 AM »
guys on website and it say africa soo it mind be that going out the country butt i coulld toalty

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2009, 10:19:51 AM »
guys on website and it say africa soo it mind be that going out the country butt i coulld toalty
That site is just publicity from Discovery Channel, the poll is just used for a market study, and we already knew, they were going to mexico, we've got a new spoiler source
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2009, 11:30:28 AM »
I post the rules of games

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #81 on: June 17, 2009, 04:21:14 AM »
Mexico location??

Yesterday, 12:53 PM
Blue Parrot 
Roobie   Join Date: May 2009

The Amazing Race at The Blue Parrot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Blue Parrot welcomes The Amazing Race to Mexico! AR teams will be competing in a "top secret" contest staged today (Tuesday) at the Blue Parrot Beach Club, followed by dinner under the palapa. 
=============================================================
Blue Parrot 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We were under a confidentiality agreement until today. All the docs say "The Amazing Race." 
=============================================================

Yesterday, 03:59 PM 
Blue Parrot 

Hi ____! The crew is there for a 4PM scheduled shoot, but might be delayed a bit by the rain.

===================================================

link: http://intheroo.com/playa-del-carmen-forums/playa-del-carmen/3418-amazing-race-blue-parrot.html
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:16:50 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #82 on: June 17, 2009, 04:40:01 AM »
Blue Parrot Beach Club

site with info/pictures/video, known for its fireshow?

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #83 on: June 17, 2009, 04:58:04 AM »
Beach Club:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2009, 05:01:22 AM »
Hmph! When you cry wolf enough times it becomes real?

(Lots of zipping left and right across the continent!)

Something that might reveal something? Need to read it through carefully before I can comment...

Según un reporte que recibimos hoy, la cuota colombiana en The Amazing Race estaría conformada por una pareja de esposos y una pareja homosexual. Los competidores, incluidos los colombianos, habrían sido citados en Argentina de un día para otro para empezar la competencia. Así, ellos mismos con una carta de la productora debían tramitar unas 8 visas para moverse por toda Latinoamérica. Sin lugar a dudas los competidores que mas visas debieron tramitar fueron los colombianos. En un concurso en el que el tiempo es un factor crucial, se podría decir que los concursantes de nuestro pais tienen desventaja con respecto a los demás pues su paso por los aeropuertos podría tomar mas tiempo. Sin embargo todas estas eventualidades están consideradas dentro de las reglas del concurso de manera que ningún concursante tendría ventaja o desventaja por circunstancias como esta. [gracias al corresponsal]

According to a report we received today, Colombia will be represented in The Amazing Race by a married couple and a homosexual couple. The competitors, including the Colombians, will be starting the race in Argentina any day now. The racers, plus a letter from production to obtain 8 visas needed around Latin America. Without a doubt, the Colombians would have the most trouble with the visas.  In a competition where time is of the essence, one could say that Colombians are put at a disadvantage because it takes longer to get through an airport. Yet all these issues will be considered within the rules of the competition so no racer would have a distinct advantage or disadvantage. [Thank you to our correspondent.]

So ten teams:
1. Brazil
2. Colombia: Married couple
3. Colombia: Homosexual couple

But strangely enough, the Colombian passport can travel pretty freely across Latin America:

Visa-free access
Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Cuba (tourist card required), Dominica, Ecuador (police clearance required), Honduras, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, St Kitts and Nevis, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Is, Uruguay, Venezuela (if travelling by air)
Race countries that require visas for Colombians
Mexico, Dominican Republic
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:58:38 AM by Neobie »

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2009, 04:38:06 PM »
Not On The Race.... Sorry.

« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:10:58 PM by gonzalochileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #86 on: June 21, 2009, 11:48:10 AM »
posted on The Amazing Race Facebook page

Sue Gribbins Whelan 
The contestants were here in Mexico last week doing something down by the beach. I didn't get to go because it was raining but it would have been neat to have seen them. They were at the Blue Parrot.
2 hours ago

Offline Xarles

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #87 on: June 21, 2009, 02:09:36 PM »
Not through my property... not without me... not without notifying me... not without my permission... not in my very own doorsteps!!!

This is me p****d off, living in Mexico City while TARLA goes through and stays AT my own Blue Parrot Condos!!! (:;)

Not past my pool level windows!!! I'm k*****g the administrator!!! http://www.blueparrot.com/our-hotels/blueparrot-suites/

Years running after The Race for it coming through my own turf without me knowing.  I'm flying out there July 4th!!! Will try to see what's left... :'( Will keep you posted dear puddin'

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #88 on: June 21, 2009, 03:13:25 PM »
You own the Blue Parrot or own a condo at the Blue Parrot Xarles ? that so sucks you were not notified! Very very nice place by the way!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2009, 02:10:31 AM »
http://bladegunsubs.blogspot.com/2009/06/amazing-race-latinoamerica-el-destino_21.html

So, the BladeGun blog posted a new entry, but it doesn't say much about the race itself, it talks mostly bureaucracy between Disney and Discovery Channel, but at the very end it promises to dedicate the next post to introduce the host and the teams!
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: June 22, 2009, 07:12:53 AM »
Thanks for the update Cdfe! Incredibly long post that took forever to understand and translate... *collapses on floor, starts foaming at mouth*

(Those proficient in Spanish, please rectify errors whenever you can!)

My cordial greetings to all the followers of this humble blog. Another week has passed, and it's a pleasure talking to you again. The moment has come to complete the second and last part of the post on the Mexican leg and thus of the full story behind the pre-production of The Amazing Race. And in this country in particular, it's a rather long story... It was one of the main countries designated as a leg, the first to be cancelled, and it was only at the last moment that it was confirmed by Disney as the final destination of the race. Pretty confusing, no? Well... shall we start?

The saying goes, "There's a show behind the show." Here there is another huge reality show behind the one called "The Amazing Race". The difference is that this whole other reality show has, as its main characters, the producers in each of the countries, while Mr Disney tightens the budget more and more, and a global pandemic threatens to shut down the entire project. Ahh... You have no idea what happened! Bah, obviously I don't know all the details either, until today I'm surprised that Mexico made it onto the race after being cancelled by the same Discovery Channel just a month ago!

Let's start from the beginning... The original date of the flag-off was planned for 4 May in Buenos Aires, while the finish line was set in Puerto Iguazu for 27 May. Still following me? And in the blink of an eye, things changed! I didn't know for sure how many legs there were going to be, it was a whole new project due to the possible cancellation of parts of the race. I could hardly believe that the project was actually going to be completely cancelled just like that, all because of the swine flu! Because of the outbreak, Mexico was automatically cancelled as a destination on TAR, both in the Latin American version and the American version, as far as I understand.

And how then did the finale turn out to be in Mexico, where the final leg took place, the winners were crowned and the post-production is going on? As you already know Discovery holds the rights to the show, but still it is only a co-producer. Disney has a huge stake; they were the ones who hire the producers at RGB Entertainment, and in the end they are the ones distributing the show. And for this, against all odds, they ordered (yes, ordered) that the final take place in Mexico; it was too big a market to lose. Therefore, only Discovery [did he mean Disney?] could have predicted the final course of events.

I was in doubt when I heard the news, as many of you are. Then I discovered the truth behind everything! There is absolutely no clause in the contracts of the contestants nor those of the insurance companies that covers damage from diseases such as the swine flu. And the contesants are clearly exposed to the flu by taking part in the race, since in almost all the countries in Latin America suspected cases crop up day after day.

Discovering, this things started to make sense... Followers of the BladeGun Group, since I confide in you I can share with you this catastrophic scenario: in the case that the teams get infected with swine flu, the legal responsibility lies directly with Discovery. And word on the corridors of RBG Entertainment was that it wouldn't be nice to have racers running around Mexico with facemasks on. Stragely, while the indefinite delay put everything at risk, it eventually turned to help production. The partial cancellation involved a revision of all the tasks, timings, legs etc. To have started as planned on 4 May would have meant lots of mistakes; many of the tasks were planned only with a starting time but no estimated end time, amongst other things vital to production coordination.

On the other hand, the racers were already in their hotels at Buenos Aires, Argentina, ready to start the race having being sequestered for two weeks. Every one of them was sent back to his home country. And the poor Mexicans! It was terrible, a huge pity that they had to go home. It's devastating! You have no idea the effort it takes to enter a country when all the newspapers of the world are covering the flu, and to have to go through that after travelling for an entire day and sleeping in an airport! To make a comparison, that's exactly the same thing for a Taliban or an Arab travelling a few years back, everyone would think he was going to crash the plane! Paranoia doesn't change in people, and today being a Mexican means that no matter which part of the world you go to, you'd be seen with fear; you'd be isolated from the entire office as if you've got the plague. It's terrible, but that's how the world is.

If the two Mexican teams were allowed in the competition they'd lose a whole day in each new leg. So the solution was simple: you'd have to take out the Mexican teams and the Mexican legs, change the location for the finale, and get new visas for travel. A senior management meeting was held on Friday, 1 May. A time-out of one week was taken to assess the situation in Mexico.

The project's estimated date of completion was changed, in view of time-outs that needed to be given in case the epidemic worsened and flights got cancelled. Mexico was moved to the finale so it could still be kept open as an option until the end of the race. The alternative was an unlikely Plan B, Venezuela. Production had only two weeks to create a route and to plan tasks, and that was going to be impossible! The final decision was only to be made at the end... If you asked me, something odd must haved happened for Mexico to get the approval. Yes, the official word is one thing, but I'm sure... here in Argentina, Disney forced Discovery's hand.

But in the end the story has a happy ending. Surely it'd help the development of the international tourist industry in Mexico, now the final destination of TAR:LA. There is a deserved winner and that's all I can tell you so far; that's too much for today. You wanted to know more about TAR:LA? Now you do. This was the longest post I've written so far!

We'll stop here with information pertaining to TAR:LA! The next post will be dedicated to the host of the new season, and the eleven teams participating in the competition. But a reminder! By "next post", I don't know if it means next week, as I'll keep browsing YouTube to see if I can find some other videos, those taken in the various countries or those submitted to casting... I don't know, we'll see what happens in the days to come. It'd be up the next time! We'll see! Until then, fans!

So... TAR:US wanted to make a stop in Mexico for TAR15? And more than one country was cancelled at the onset of the flu?

(At least now I don't sound so stupid standing up to the medical experts like Peach! Delays, re-routing, production concerns trumping medical sense - they all came true! :neener:)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 07:53:24 AM by Neobie »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: June 22, 2009, 07:26:38 AM »
So... TAR:US wanted to make a stop in Mexico for TAR15? And more than one country was cancelled at the onset of the flu?

Actually, TAR:US had nothing to do with this post. It's just a rant about how they planned to add Mexico to TARLA, but the swine flu changed their plans, causing a massive revision of the race course, basically changing starting and finish lines. Discovery originally cancelled Mexico, but (according to the blogger) Disney put some pressure on including seeing as a vital Market share. About the USA part, it's hear-say.

So: step by step:

Buenos Aires was the original Start Line
Mexico was included
Swine Flu
Mexico canceled by Discovery
Venezuela confirmed as a new finish line
Massive schedule changes
Puerto Iguaçu new starting line
Disney makes Discovery "un-cancel" Mexico

All the rescheduling and partial canceling was due to a panic attack because of the swine flu outbreak but it allowed better planning of the tasks.
The story so far:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: June 22, 2009, 07:39:37 AM »
You're right, he does say the TAR:US bit was second-hand information...

México fue automáticamente cancelado como destino en “The Amazing Race” tanto en su versión Latinoamérica como obviamente en su versión USA, según tengo entendido.

Mexico was automatically cancelled as a destination on "The Amazing Race" both in the Latin American version as - obviously - in the US version, from what I understand.

I guess the original route was what we have now, but arranged in an order with more geographical sense? Argentina > Chile > Peru > Colombia > Panama > Mexico > Caribbean > Brazil > Argentina? Well now we know Venezuela isn't on this race...

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: June 22, 2009, 07:49:51 AM »
Well now we know Venezuela isn't on this race...
Not really, I'd think it's not the Finish Line but they may have been able to include it. But, we'll have to wait 'til september to know
The story so far:

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: July 02, 2009, 07:12:38 PM »
8 Teams Of 2 Were In Lima, Peru In June, 3rd. According To The Article, Teams Were From Argentina, Colombia, Chile, Venezuela and Brazil. They Were In The "Faro De La Marina", Miraflores District In Lima, Peru.

Here Are Some Pictures:

Link: http://www.dhn.mil.pe/docs/noticia/not090611/not090611.htm
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 02:54:09 PM by gonzalochileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: July 02, 2009, 09:27:57 PM »
Thanks Gonzalo!!  :jumpy:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #96 on: July 03, 2009, 01:31:01 AM »
Thanks GonzaloChileno!

Looks like an Hours of Operation bunching, yeah? BladeGun says filming in Brazil lasted until the 1st of June. The article says this is the first task of the leg (or maybe country), on the 3rd. Where did the extra time go?

*singing* We are looking for blue clues!

Looks like 4 M/M, 2 M/F and 2 F/F. The last M/F team seems to have missed the bunching altogether, did they just get in? It's 16km from the airport to the lighthouse. Could we find out what time the lighthouse usually opens?

ETA: Big guys from Colombia. Wait...

Quote from: Neobie
2. Colombia: Married couple
3. Colombia: Homosexual couple

What?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 06:52:29 AM by Neobie »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: July 09, 2009, 01:51:53 PM »
Skimming of our source
http://bladegunsubs.blogspot.com/2009/07/amazing-race-latinoamerica-harris.html

Important Info Extracted from the blog:

1. Host Revealed: Guatemalan CNN journalist Harris Whitbeck
Biography: http://www.cnn.com/CNN/anchors_reporters/whitbeck.harris.html

2. The blogger talks about a problem translating "Roadblock" and "Speed Bump". Presumably both are known as "Obstáculo".

3. The blogger affirms that during the Speed Bump "Obstáculo", the team that had to complete it was presented with two choices, sort of a Speed Bump Detour or the like.

4. He apologizes for delaying the introduction of the teams.
The story so far:

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: July 20, 2009, 07:08:20 PM »
Team 7:
This Team Is From Colombia, And Their Names Are Miguel Angel & Diego.

Miguel Angel Kurmen & Diego Chaustre

Here Are Their Facebooks:
Diego: http://www.facebook.com/diego.chaustrevillamizar?ref=sgm&__a=1
Miguel Angel: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=650390041&hiq=miguel%2Cangel%2Ckurmen&ref=search

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1pKyMzeGvo
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 07:46:16 PM by gonzalochileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: July 20, 2009, 07:23:13 PM »
This Team Is Not On The Race....
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 07:10:13 PM by gonzalochileno »
Charla&MirnaLover<3