Author Topic: TAR: Latin America (previous seasons)** includes spoilers**  (Read 457148 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR: Latin America ** includes spoilers**
« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2009, 01:22:48 PM »
Go here for more details about Buenos Aries, Argentina, Chile and in depth descriptions of Detours, RB's, speedbumps etc.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fbladegunsubs.blogspot.com%2f2009%2f06%2famazing-race-latinoamerica-argentina.html
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 03:06:22 PM »
according to that guy the race Went From Argentina to Brazil to PERU and Then Back To Argentina (Buenos Aires and A City From The South) and then To Chile.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 03:42:15 PM »
Go here for more details about Buenos Aries, Argentina, Chile and in depth descriptions of Detours, RB's, speedbumps etc.

http://translate.google.com/translate?sourceid=navclient&hl=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fbladegunsubs.blogspot.com%2f2009%2f06%2famazing-race-latinoamerica-argentina.html

This is fabulous stuff, Peach. Thanks. The only place Blade Gun really knows the tasks is Buenos Aires, so we did get a wealth of deatil for the leg there.

I spotted a trivial error and a serious one in his blog. The serious one is mistaking Sunday June 7 (the date it must have been) for July 7, which is not a Sunday and by which time this race will be over. The trivial error is (and I am not sure if this was Google slightly mistranslating it) the word "Bloqueo" or bloackade as "lock." It is clearly the equivalent of an Amazing Race U.S. ROADBLOCK.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2009, 04:06:57 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up... I was "lost in translation" :lol:  June 7 makes MUCH more sense.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 05:18:41 PM »
so, it says that there won't be any leg cancellations, but the filming schedule is ahead one day, so probably, they will go to Mexico...
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2009, 10:02:50 PM »
I think it's pretty much impossible to fit in a Cancun sighting before 5 Jun. Panama could come later though.

27 May: Puerto Iguazu, Argentina
(mysterious time gap?)
30 May - 1 Jun: Two legs in Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, Brazil
2 Jun onwards: Peru
After Peru: Bogota, Colombia
7 Jun: Buenos Aires, Argentina
8 Jun onwards: Neuquen, Argentina
After Neuquen: Chile
(not much room to manoeuvre after this, I suppose we'd fly back up to Central America and the Caribbean?)

Looks like the TAR:A style of having two legs in each country...

Hello to all our brothers from Latin America! I'm speaking to you from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and I can happily say that the competition has made a stop in my city. It's incredible... That's definitely one reason why I'm subtitling this series from the beginning, because you'll get to see the three legs in the capital Buenos Aires, Bariloche, Neuquen and other provinces in my country. It's very emotional! The post this week has been delayed for a day so I could investigate more details about this leg. How nice, now for the report of the week! During the second week of the competition TAR:LA made a visit to Buenos Aires, Argentina: ...

Ten teams left from Puerto Iguazu, on the border of Argentina, and travelled all the way to Brazil. At the end of each of the two legs on the east of the continent, a team was eliminated from the competition. Aliances and rivalry formed, while the legs gave a liguistic advantage to the Brazil team, who had no problem in their own country. But this luck would end soon, a new leg means the teams would be headed for Peru. Not only am I going to tell you about the teams, I'll talk about the production, the legs, and you can follow the details of TAR:LA every weekend. And this time, the post is dedicated to the leg in Buenos Aires, which took place early last week.

Route Info: Floralis generica

In the beginning of the leg the teams received instructions telling them to fly to Buenos Aires, Argentina, where they would have to find a place called "Floarlis generica". That's the name of a metal sculpture situated in the Plaza of the United Nations (on Figueroa Alcorta and Austria Avenues). One thing about the flower is that it has an electronic system that opens and closes the petals automatically depending on the hour of the day, and that means the park has hours of operation: it opens its doors every morning at 8am and closes at sunset, at 8pm. It's very important to keep that in mind! Some teams caught up to the rest of the group because of this. [Bunching!]

Detour: Jockey Club at San Isidro

A Detour is a choice between two tasks, each with its own pros and cons. The teams would have to choose which task they can complete quicker. The cluebox in this occasion is at the Hippodrome of San Isidro, located in the district of San Isidro.

The Hippodrome is ten minutes from Jorge Newbery Intl Airport and 35min from Ezeiza Intl Airport. I don't think the opening hours of the Detour and the Roadblock matter too much, the tasks were well planned, and the opening hours of the flower was the big leveller in this leg. You can be sure that the teams will have trouble with the traffic in the Federal District.

Speedbump: Distributing newspapers

(Note: This photo is only for illustrative purposes, it was taken last year.)

As the leg before Argentina was not an elimination-leg, the last team that came in the previous leg must now complete a Speedbump, an extra task that only this team must perform. In this Speedbump, they must complete the task of distributing stacks of newspapers and orders in the district of Palermo. Only when the team has completed this task will they be able to continue the race, with the hope of making up this valuable lost time.

Roadblock: Buenos Aires Zoo

A Roadblock requires one member from the team to perform a task. In this leg the Roadblock takes place in the heart of Buenos Aires, in the district of Palermo. This was the only place that none of the teams had problems finding. Comprising the Botanic Gardens, the Rose Gardens and the 3 Feb Park, the Buenos Aires Zoo is one of the most important green spaces in our city. Its main entrance looks over Plaza Italia, accessible by land transport or by metro, more specifically Las Heras and Sarmiento Avenues.

So far this has been all I could tell you about TAR:LA through the city of Buenos Aires. The next leg also took place in Argentina, in the province of Neuquen; teams must cross the Andes. Here it is! I can confirm that Chile will also host the race, and teams will travel there not by air, but by land.

I have more good news! The competition is happening without great problems, and nothing is stopping the race from being run as planned originally. That is to say, I can tell you at last that none of the legs had been cancelled as feared, and that the race will visit the major countries in Latin America. The schedule has been moved a day forward [?] but these changes were due to the frequency of flights and stuff.

From Buenos Aires, Argentina, on the 7 of [June], I can confirm that TAR:LA is exactly the mid-point of the production. Less than two weeks to finish the competition! There is so much to tell you, but I'm not sure what else you want to know about... It'd sure be made known during the week, haha! Until then, goodbye to all!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 09:56:18 PM by Neobie »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2009, 01:34:59 AM »
Looks like Amazing Race 11 route Neobie :lol:

Awesome Neobie map <3<3<3<3

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2009, 07:54:49 AM »
There are two Copa Airlines nonstop flights Santiago to Panama City on, let's say, Tuesdays like June 9. I expect that Panama city was next.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2009, 10:39:10 AM »
That map is so cool!!!, thanks Neobie!!!  :hearts:
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2009, 03:29:50 PM »
Santa Dominica!!  Dominican Republic!  Friday 6/12!!

Then, we walked to the oldest church in the Western Hemisphere. Funny story: we went inside to tour the church and there was some weird box next to one of the chapels in the church.  Come to find out that it was a clue for the TV show “Amazing Race.” While we were there, two guys competing together came in to get their clue with a cameraman close on their tail. Some of us helped direct them to where the clue was located. What a random coincidence!

From a medical mission group....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2009, 03:35:29 PM »
Oldest Cathedral in the Western Hemisphere

The oldest cathedral in the Western hemisphere is the Cathedral of Santa Maria la Menor, constructed between 1512 and 1541 in Santo Domingo, now the capitol of the Dominican Republic. 

Photo here:
http://encarta.msn.com/media_461560685_761555003_-1_1/oldest_cathedral_in_the_western_hemisphere.html
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2009, 10:10:04 PM »
Nice find, Peach! Wow, we're step-in-step with the race itself!

So we have teams starting in Buenos Aires at 8am, 7 Jun. Add in a trip to the Pampas and the drive into Chile, and the schedule's packed until the 10th. At the most one leg could fit in between Chile I and Santo Domingo, possibly a Chile II?

From what I'm reading the teams started in Puerto Iguazu on the 27th, and the first two legs were in Brazil. Why then does he say that teams were getting into Brazil only on the 30th? Anything misintepreted, gonzalochileno?

So it looks like this?

Start: Puerto Iguazu, Argentina
Leg 1-2: Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro and Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Leg 3: Peru
Leg 4-6: Peru, Colombia, maybe an extra country
Leg 7: Buenos Aires, Argentina (middle of the race)
Leg 8: Neuquen (province), Argentina
Leg 9: Chile
Leg 10: Perhaps Chile
Leg 11: Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Leg 12-13: Panama, maybe an extra country
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:08:19 PM by Neobie »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: June 14, 2009, 03:16:14 AM »
OMG. So EXCITING. I can't wait!!! :D :D
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: June 15, 2009, 03:04:45 PM »

the teams came into Mexico to film the last 2 episodes. they came into Mexico in June 14th. The Last Leg will be filmed in June 18th.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: June 15, 2009, 04:06:04 PM »

the teams came into Mexico to film the last 2 episodes. they came into Mexico in June 14th. The Last Leg will be filmed in June 18th.
If they were in my city, and I really believe they wouldn't, I'll shoot myself
The story so far:
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: June 15, 2009, 04:19:12 PM »
do think ccrazy say they are not goigng central american i think they willl go there

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #66 on: June 15, 2009, 04:40:19 PM »
Panama is part of Central America, i'm not sure if Blade is telling us the true or not.
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: June 15, 2009, 05:39:20 PM »
Hi fans, it's been a while! It's been a whole week, how have you been? Very well, I hope! And here from Buenos Aires, Argentina, like all the other weeks before, I bring you the latest news on The Amazing Race: Latin America. Without any further ado, let us move on to the latest news on our favourite reality show. This time, as stated in the title, the post is dedicated to the big question our Mexican brothers have waited anxiously to know. Mexico is the final destination of The Amazing Race: Latin America.

As requested I was going to talk mainly about the production, the news of the shooting, or maybe even the curiosities that happen in the reality show... But it's best to leave it for later considering the news of this week! You would hate not to know about this as soon as possible! This post is dedicated to our brothers in Mexico, especially those fans who started the call through Internet forums and blogs to sway the vote on Discovery Channel's official website, to make Mexico a leg of the race.

Today, I can happily confirm that TAR:LA will visit the country of Mexico. Not only this, there's more good news! Not only will there be one, but two legs in Mexico! And even more importantly, I can even confirm that this is the final destination of the race!

Oh, I need to take a break... I'm too happy, because if I had asked about Mexico two months ago the story would have been completely different, and it would have been a shame, for real... Wait, I have one last piece of news! The principal reason for this post is that the filming ends this week, and now, Sunday 14 June - yes, right now - the Final Four are arriving in the country to complete the penultimate leg of the race. Where? They are in Mexico City, and will be until the afternoon of Tuesday 16 June when they leave for the final leg of the race, for the final destination of The Amazing Race: Latin America!

If we can squeeze Panama up with Colombia then perhaps we could go straight from the Dominican Republic to Mexico for the final two legs? The dates do fit pretty well.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 05:28:52 AM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: June 15, 2009, 06:05:56 PM »
Thank you for the pretty maps neobie!! The dates help a lot.

Still can't believe we don't have any pictures yet. :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2009, 06:11:05 PM »
  might i endn central regoing goes see litle patren

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2009, 08:27:26 PM »
So this is what we have?

Leg 1-2: Brazil, both elimination
Leg 3: Peru
Leg 4-6: At least one leg in Colombia, Leg 6 non-elimination
Leg 7-8: Argentina
Leg 9: Chile
Leg 10-11: At least one leg in Dominican Republic
Leg 12-13: Mexico, Leg 12 elimination
And slot in Panama somewhere. Double legs expected, perhaps in Peru and Chile.

I'm taking Buenos Aires as the "middle" of the race pretty literally, as in Leg 7. However, if the race started on 27 May and ends on 18 Jun, 7 Jun would also count as the middle of the race, day-wise. Does the Spanish text reveal anything more that a translation can't pick up?

*Educated Guess Route*
Leg 1-2: Brazil
Leg 3-4: Peru
Leg 5: Panama
Leg 6: Colombia (may be difficult to host second leg due to security reasons)
Leg 7-8: Argentina
Leg 9-10: Chile
Leg 11: Dominican Republic
Leg 12-13: Mexico
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 08:56:40 PM by Neobie »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2009, 08:30:16 PM »
Its funny because each time I see the teams flying to those places Neobie they keep changing teams  :yess:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2009, 03:35:05 AM »
I'm sure there's no Dodger Stadiums in Latin America :lol:
The story so far:

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2009, 07:05:40 AM »
it say they win  US$250,000

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2009, 07:07:00 AM »
guys we wrong they are goign mexioc i was like the website and it was arrow in mexico