Author Topic: American Idol 8 Final 2 Discussion  (Read 34544 times)

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol 8 Final 2 Discussion
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2009, 07:54:03 PM »
I'm not sure how many votes I actually made, it was about 10 busy to every 1 that got through. Plus I had things to do so missed at least an hour of voting. I did vote once for Kris. LOL  (If I'm evil and he wins, I guess I could say I voted for the winner.) }:>  :lol:  It was really bad until after 11 Central time where I could vote and get an answer. (About 3 going through then a series of busy calls.) It didn't really get better till about 11:30 and by that time I was going downhill fast. I should have paid more attention to your method Tory.  :lol:
omg i am watching the show now it is soooo awsome!!!! ty tl i did not think any one was reading the 3x i posed start voteing right when the frist person starts to sing maby next year i will make it a thread.. loved kris and keith,,,and i am downloading the david cook song it was soooooo goooddddd...he was the one i was hopeing would win last yr, loved him and his song tonight..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2009, 09:10:09 PM »
Spoiler!!

<<<<<And the winner is Kris Allen!!!!!!>>>>>

:cheer:    :winner     :cheer:    :winner      :cheer:    :winner      :cheer:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:33:51 AM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2009, 09:17:56 PM »
 :hearts: :hearts: :hearts: :yess: :yess: :yess: :winner :winner :bounce :bounce :conf: :conf: :<3 :cheer3: :piano: :happy: :congrats: :partie: :partie: :party: :party:
BEST SHOW EVER!!!!!!!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2009, 09:26:44 PM »
It really was! For those who haven't seen it, it is the best finale they have ever had!!!! Don't miss it!

Whoohoo!! What Tory said.  :tup:

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2009, 09:31:36 PM »
I can't wait to watch the show......30 more minutes

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2009, 10:02:37 PM »
wow! I watched the finale show earlier it was was GREAT! Especially Kris winning American Idol!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2009, 10:05:18 PM »
I can't wait to watch the show......30 more minutes

wow! I watched the finale show earlier it was was GREAT! Especially Kris winning American Idol!

I think it is/was the best American Idol  finale show ever!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2009, 10:08:02 PM »
^^ yah... better than Season's 7 Finale show!

And I love Katrina "Bikini Girl" & Kara's performance! Wow... Kara was trying to be wild!  :lol:

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »
I agree. BEST. FINALE. EVAH. And I am so happy with the AI winners. My sister & I would often pick faves differently, and I always chose the winner. :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2009, 12:18:37 AM »
Finale just over and it was as good or better than I heard it was.  Both Adam and Kris are very talented and will go far.  I am happy that Kris won  :wohoo: :jumpy:   I loved his duet with Keith Urban    :hearts: 

At the end when Kris was hugging his wife.......so touching.......you could tell he was happy...             

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2009, 12:29:25 AM »
congratulations KRIS ALLEN, you deserve it.... hooray...
:partie: :congrats: :cheer: :yourock: :fun :congrats:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2009, 09:24:30 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS

AMERICAN IDOL 2009

KRISTOPHER NEIL ALLEN

He now joins the idol alumni

American Idol 2008

David Roland Cook

American Idol 2007

Jordin Brianna Sparks

American Idol 2006

Taylor Rueben Hicks

American Idol 2005

Carrie Marie Underwood

American Idol 2004

Fantasia Monique Barrino

American Idol 2003

Christopher Ruben Studdard

American Idol 2002

Kelly Brianne Clarkson

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2009, 09:47:31 AM »
this was a realy great season. i loved when kris sang with keith ubern , and hen danny sang with lional. and the bikini girl thing was soo funny, kara was great. i di not like the kiss part realy thoses guys need to take off the make up and grow up all ready, they might relize they can't sing jmo.. the queen part was so much more classy bc adam and kris did all the sining and it was so much better than i have heard freddie singing lately, and rod stewart on of my sister favs of all time looked like he was unstable, webiles wobble but they don't fall down,maby it was jet lag or an ener ear infection. i was waiting for him ro fall, and yes i have seen him in concert severl time and he moves a lot but in a controled way. love maggy may, and rod is in his 60's with a lot of drug and achole buse to his credit.
i did cry when kris was huging his wife at the end he looked like he was holding on for dear life and her too, they re the cutest couple her in that awsome yellow dress what an angel.

yea i am so glade kris won!!! also felicia barton up date she was on the news last night our locol fox news, she was realy glade kris won and said a few things great about the contestants and was going to say more this morning but i for got to dvr it.. :groan: i was hopeing to find out what she was up to..
i also saw randy j  sign to adam the ok sign with his hands right after the winner was anounced so i am sure randy has plans for adam..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2009, 10:41:26 AM »
FYI, I read that only one million votes separated the two finalists. It was tighter than last year as Cook won by ten million votes.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2009, 11:18:54 AM »
Kris' initial reaction upon hearing Ryan announcing his name as the new American Idol

credit to msnbc
« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 11:23:13 AM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2009, 11:25:26 AM »
Wow! Shall start from the performances, seeing that I watched everything on the same day.

Round 1 - Favourite Performance
Adam did sound more theatrical than usual, and it would be tough for him to outdo a performance which even Cowell gave a standing ovation for. Of course his performance was still great, but I liked his entrance more. The whole thing was a little too dramatic. Really loved Kris' performance, it was even better than what he did a couple of weeks ago. My hair stood hearing him do that song, it was so heartfelt and sincere.
Kris wins!

Round 2 - Simon Fuller's Choice
Adam did fantastic, IMO. I loved his control of the whole song, loved his range as usual and he really looked like a star up there. Kris' performance was very laid-back, as what Simon and Randy called it, too relaxed for an atmosphere like this. But I'm not too against that, after all, that's the kind of songs that defines him. It's just not him to make grand entrances like Adam does.
Adam wins!

Round 3 - No Boundaries
I actually really like the song, the melody is great. But my criticism is that it's not suitable for these guys. I thought Adam's delivery was only alright. I liked the front part of his performance but towards the chorus, it was so pitchy. However, I thought that Kris' was worse. But it's not his fault, they key was really too high and he was struggling throughout I actually felt uncomfortable. I'd have preferred Adam's A LITTLE better, but I'd call this round a tie.

Before the results were announced, I had this feeling that Kris would win, and he did. But on the whole, I'd consider it surprising cos after all, Adam has been the hot favourite since day one, has performanced astonishingly well since day one, and whose fans are crazy. Kris is indeed a dark horse from day one, never been expected to make the finals, and then making it all the way to the FINAL TWO and NOW HE WON! While I'd have preferred Adam to hold the title, I'm very happy with the finale on the whole. Kris is such a nice and humble guy, I really like him. And like what Simon said, two incredible people, two incredibly nice people. Adam will still be extremely popular, and Kris will just keep getting better. Can't wait for their albums to be released now, and I'm really sad that this season's over. It's indeed the BEST. SEASON. YET.

Great job everyone!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2009, 01:18:09 PM »
Kris Allen & Adam Lambert React to Idol Shocker

It wasn’t long ago that Kris Allen was living a quiet life with his wife in Conway, Ark., planning on going back to college. But that was then.

After upsetting Adam Lambert in the most surprising turn of events in Idol finale history, winner Allen is pinching himself.

“I’m shocked,” the 23-year-old told PEOPLE after the show. “I feel great, but I’m just shocked.”

His brother Daniel, who Kris credits with making him audition for the show, put it a different way. After Kris’s name was announced, the stunned look on his face “was the same look he had when he got his first car!” he said.

With Daniel, his wife, and other family members proudly looking on, the season 8 champ thanked his home state for “rallying behind me,” he said.

He also thanked his competition: “Adam deserved this just as much as I do. He’s an amazing performer, a gifted guy — an amazing guy.”

Ever a good sport, Adam, who’d been heavily favored to win throughout the season, offered kind words for the victor. “Kris is my bud,” he told PEOPLE. “He’s such a good guy, so humble, and he’s super talented. I’m really happy for him.”

As for his own unique style — which often involved heavy-eyeliner, “lots of hair dye, a blow-dryer and a flat-iron” — Adam said, “I’m a little bit different, and people enjoyed it, and that feels amazing. It feels really cool to be able to challenge people’s concepts of what is an American Idol.”

Also cool: “Getting to sing with Queen and Kiss on stage tonight,” he said, “That, to me, was winning.”

http://tvwatch.people.com/2009/05/21/kris-allen-adam-lambert-react-to-idol-shocker/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2009, 01:51:07 PM »
Kris! Adam! Simon! Randy! David! Ryan! Kara! American Idol's Morning-After Roundtable

No boundaries? Not for newly crowned American Idol Kris Allen. Or even Adam Lambert, despite (or, depending on who you ask, because of) his second-place finish in last night's finale.

While neither winner nor runner-up seemed as thrilled or outraged as their respective fan bases over America's choice of a new Idol, the emotional floodgates inched open this morning. The final two, along with judges Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi and last year's winner David Cook, opened up about the show's outcome, the ever-sappy winner's single and, yes, the Danny Factor to Ryan Seacrest—who let loose with what's sure to be a controversial opinion of his own.

"I was numb, I was totally numb, I had no idea what to feel," Allen told Seacrest on his radio show this morning. "Adam deserves this as much as I do. It was crazy, I never thought this would happen."

It seems the winner's incredulity didn't stop when the cameras did. Neither did the mutual lovefest between Allen and his one-time Idol roommate.

"I told him, I was like, 'You deserve this,' and he was like, 'No, you deserve this.' We love each other, man. We've been friends ever since the Top 36, we were in group two together, and we both made it. I'm really proud of him, and I know that he's really proud of me as well."

And while Allen said he wants "definitely to do the pop singer-songwriter thing" with his career, it will take some time for his reality coronation to sink in. He said he has "not at all" processed his win.

Failing to process right along with him is the angry Adam faction—of which, it should be noted, Lambert himself is not one.

"I couldn't be happier for Kris," the glam rocker said. "I really, really mean that. He's one of the most open-minded, embracing of all types of people person…He's just an old soul.

"I really was prepared for anything to happen. I knew it was such a tight race between the three of us—Danny [Gokey], him and I—and I just kinda was prepared, you know."

Plus, as Paula Abdul would and no doubt has said, Lambert is already a winner.

"You know, the whole thing for me in this competition is that it wasn't a competition. It was like a platform every week, an opportunity for me to get up and do my thing for everybody. It was fun, and it wasn't about, Oh, I'm gonna beat this guy or beat that girl, it was about, Oh, I get to stay on another week to do another thing."

As for whether his outsize image or refusal to address rumors of his sexuality played a part in his losing, Lambert said he was "a little worried about it" before his audition, but said he was fortunate that fans were quick to embrace him.

"I think there's always other things in the works, you know. It's about music, but it's also the personality of the artist, about how the artist looks, how the artist dresses, it's about all of it, it's a package deal."

As for how the Idol journey has changed Lambert, he says one small tweak has taken place.

"My dad thinks I'm cooler than I was beforehand."

Meanwhile, the question on everyone's mind and blog this morning is whether or not the best man won. For the PC-savvy Idol minds, the answer was yes.

Or rather, "yes, but…"

"I have to say I wasn't surprised, and I don't mean that with any disrespect to Adam," relinquished Idol titleholder Cook said. "I don't know that either one of them would have surprised me. I don't think it's the end for either one."

That covers best man. But what about best singer?

"I don't know. Singing is an aesthetic thing for me, it kind of depends on what you like. They're both great performers."

Count on Cowell to give a more straightforward answer.

"[Kris was] probably the right win in terms of being a nice guy. Was he the best singer in the competition? No.

"If you allow America to vote, you live with the vote. I wouldn't have said he was the best singer in the competition, though. I think he was like a little puppy dog."

He didn't have quite as kind words about the winner's single, however, which happened to be cowritten by fellow judge DioGuardi.

"By the way, how awful was that song, though?" he said of "No Boundaries."

"'Mountains, hurricanes, rivers, oceans…it's probably the most clichéd song I've ever heard in my life."

Fellow judge Randy Jackson agreed.

"Let's not talk about the song, Ryan. My mom said if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything."

For the defense…

"It's a song about dreams and attaining the impossible and what these kids go through to get this far is extraordinary," DioGuardi said, turning the conversation back to the boys.

"I think that they both won. For me, this was a very interesting year, because you had such different artists. You had the soft side of rock and the hard side of rock, and it really wasn't about winning, it's about, what's your preference?"

Still, she does think there was a deciding factor to the competition and it had nothing to do with Allen or Lambert.

"I think that the Danny vote probably swung the competition," she said. "If you were a Danny fan, you probably aligned more with Kris' music."

Jackson agreed.

"Listen, I wasn't shocked, because I was also thinking Danny and Kris were kind of close in who their voters were. I think that's really what happened."

Asked where she sees the second-place artist fitting into the music scene, DioGuardi believes he has potential to follow in the successful footsteps of another Idol also-ran.

"You know, when I watched him with KISS, I almost thought, this guy could front a ridiculous rock band à la Daughtry—when you know it's Daughtry, but it's a band. He's such an incredible frontman. This is his thing, to be able to reach thousands and thousands of people in an arena-like setting. He has the voice for that. He's also learned how to pull it back and come from his heart."

Jackson, too, sees nothing but big things coming for Lambert, describing him as "Robert Pattinson from Twilight meets My Chemical Romance meets Guns 'N Roses."

"I actually think it's better for him that he came in second."

Oh, and about Seacrest's controversial weigh-in...put on the spot by Cowell (who else?) as to where he would rank Allen in the annals of American Idol winners, the host didn't exactly place him near the top.

"Probably in the middle," Seacrest said.

Falling below him? "Justin, Kelly," he presumably joked, before clarifying, "That year, that year. Who's won the show? I can't remember."

Also falling prey to Seacrest's discerning ear: "Ruben. Taylor Hicks."

Ouch.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b125200_kris_adam_simon_randy_david_ryan_kara.html?utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2009, 04:14:59 PM »
thank u for all the info will.i said everler in this thread i thopught kris would get danny's votes or most of them, and there styles adam and kris r so diff. i liked kris better all along bc i from the realy old school of neil young . and now i realy like one republick , johny resnik the goo goo dolls, any way i think that is why i iked kris a little more than adam but i allso love love the theater and i looked fw to seeing adam every week he has great dramatic stage presents and the control of his voice omg awsome.  also if u watch the replay after they anounced the winner love the pic btw, but after that i saaw randy do the ok sign to adam. u no they r not going to let that boy go..
so with alll that said tmi i am sure i have to say last night was awsome danny sang so good and allison awsome , and i love the bikini girl and tatinna part of the show ..
also one more thing i did use to love rock allso belive it or not my first concert was balck sabath lol. i love kenny loggens and fleet wood mac i even saw the rolling stones once long ago.. i use to live to go to concerts and surf..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2009, 04:28:18 PM »
Kris!  He won!  Yes!
 :wohoo:
Loved Tatiana last night!

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2009, 06:30:18 PM »
So happy Kris won! I can't believe such an unlikely seeming thing could actually happen! :ascared :jumpy: :wohoo:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2009, 04:06:12 AM »
:wohoo: Kris! :wtg: :yourock:

:piano:  :congrats: :cheer:

Offline Acoustic

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2009, 05:01:30 AM »
Wow!!  :yess:

Kris and Mishavonna were my picks to win from since hollywood week! I'm glad and suprised he won. He barely survived group week and went through week by week.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2009, 12:42:27 PM »
I seriously hope Kris WILL produce a darn good album. Seriously, he could really be the first successful male idol winner with his looks, voice and versatility. I think if all is right and nothing goes wrong, he might actually sell as much albums as Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood, because this season has received the most amount of coverage and what he needs to do right now is to produce an album QUICK and soon enough before the IDOL fever dies down and start making an impression.

What a shocking ending to American Idol 8, with finalists like Adam, Danny and even Lil.. i bet no one expected KRIS ALLEN the underdog to win. I would say this proves the theory that "ANYONE CAN WIN AMERICAN IDOL".. and not just the darn good singers only!

I'm thinking people might say Kris does not deserve it.. but i definitely don't think so! I think he will be a very good recording artist and i can't wait for his first album!! ANYONE HERE WITH ME??

Rock on KRIS!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2009, 02:39:18 PM »
Although totally predictable that they would be part of the show, I loved seeing Norman Gentle, Tatiana and The Bikini Girl again to receive their Golden Idol awards.   :yess:

Norman Gentle: "Outstanding Male"
Norman Gentle, always hilarious, wins the "Outstanding Male" Golden Idol award. I'm not sure who was funnier, Norman or Ryan wearing Norman's glasses and hair band.

Katrina Darrell, The Bikini Girl:
"Best Attitude" award. I give it up for "The Bikini Girl." She's has an amazing body. I wasn't particularly watching her and all of a sudden the singing got better.. Opps! It's Kara singing and The Bikini Girl, Katrina looked PO'd. (Put Out!)  I would have thought she'd love a duet with Kara. :funny:  Dueling bikinis!

Tatiana: "Outstanding Female" 
Snort... Did they practice chasing her all over the stage while she evaded the producer and security guard or was it unscripted. I don't know but I thought it was funny.

Joab, you are in good company here, lots of people love Kris.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 03:48:04 PM by TexasLady »