Author Topic: S18: finale 'I Trust You But I Trust Me More'  (Read 51494 times)

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Re: S18: finale 'I Trust You But I Trust Me More'
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2009, 09:43:41 AM »
i wonder who will say the episode title...

it sounds like he/she will win this...
It sounds like Taj or Stephen would say it.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2009, 11:37:14 AM »
Lol, I guess that Stephen says it. A Stephen and Taj final two would be awesome, a Taj win would be even more awesome. But I don't know, somehow I only see Stephen and JT turning on each other. JT will probably win against Stephen, still having a likeable person win. But then again, if JT and Stephen were indeed the final two, I don't see why they'll turn on each other since all is well. So... Hoping that Taj makes the final two and wins!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2009, 04:05:37 PM »
LOYALTIES AND STRONG ALLIANCES ARE QUESTIONED WHEN THE FINAL FOUR FACE THE FACT THAT ONLY ONE WILL BE AWARDED THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE AND THE TITLE OF SOLE SURVIVOR, ON A SPECIAL TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE, FOLLOWED BY A ONE-HOUR LIVE REUNION SHOW OF "SURVIVOR TOCANTINS -- THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS," SUNDAY, MAY 17
"I Trust You But I Trust Me More" - After one shocking vote, a seed of doubt is planted by a carefully constructed lie that, after the second vote, leaves the final two turning on each other at the final Tribal Council, on a special two-hour season finale followed by a one-hour live reunion show of SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS - THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS, Sunday, May 17 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

I've been trying to figure this out.  Do you guys think the "one shocking vote" is when Stephen voted Coach out, or is the F4 vote the shocking vote?  The way it is phrased, it makes me think that the F4 vote is shocking.  And if it is the F4 vote, then I would think a vote for anyone but Erinn would be shocking.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »
a JT boot is shocking :umn: :umn: :umn:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2009, 10:39:49 PM »
LOYALTIES AND STRONG ALLIANCES ARE QUESTIONED WHEN THE FINAL FOUR FACE THE FACT THAT ONLY ONE WILL BE AWARDED THE MILLION DOLLAR PRIZE AND THE TITLE OF SOLE SURVIVOR, ON A SPECIAL TWO-HOUR SEASON FINALE, FOLLOWED BY A ONE-HOUR LIVE REUNION SHOW OF "SURVIVOR TOCANTINS -- THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS," SUNDAY, MAY 17
"I Trust You But I Trust Me More" - After one shocking vote, a seed of doubt is planted by a carefully constructed lie that, after the second vote, leaves the final two turning on each other at the final Tribal Council, on a special two-hour season finale followed by a one-hour live reunion show of SURVIVOR: TOCANTINS - THE BRAZILIAN HIGHLANDS, Sunday, May 17 (8:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

I've been trying to figure this out.  Do you guys think the "one shocking vote" is when Stephen voted Coach out, or is the F4 vote the shocking vote?  The way it is phrased, it makes me think that the F4 vote is shocking.  And if it is the F4 vote, then I would think a vote for anyone but Erinn would be shocking.

It was stated that there are 3 tribal councils, thus it is after the F4 TC, leads to a carefully constructed lie before the F3 TC and then the F2 turning onto each other at the final TC with the jury.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2009, 10:49:59 PM »
I think Taj wins...Or I hope that  :lol:
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2009, 10:55:11 PM »
I noticed Thursday at Tribal that Taj & Stephen both write the same. (Taj's is shown at 8:31, Stephen's at 8:47)  That said, my guess is the plan is for JT/S/T to vote Erinn out.  Erinn probably thinks they are voting Taj out.  Erinn votes out Taj.  JT & Stephen vote out Erinn.  Taj votes out JT.  She must realize that in order to go to F2 she needs to split the boys.  She can "plant a seed of doubt" in JT's mind about Stephen (1st he voted out Coach, now he is going after JT) the "well constructed lie" is to tell JT that Stephen was the one that voted for him, just like he voted for Coach.  We have Taj saying in the preview that she will backstab to win.
Just a theory.
Link to video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k96IBlQTcuQ

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2009, 10:57:05 PM »
I would think Taj would take Steve through to the F2!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2009, 11:00:06 PM »
I noticed Thursday at Tribal that Taj & Stephen both write the same. (Taj's is shown at 8:31, Stephen's at 8:47)  That said, my guess is the plan is for JT/S/T to vote Erinn out.  Erinn probably thinks they are voting Taj out.  Erinn votes out Taj.  JT & Stephen vote out Erinn.  Taj votes out JT.  She must realize that in order to go to F2 she needs to split the boys.  She can "plant a seed of doubt" in JT's mind about Stephen (1st he voted out Coach, now he is going after JT) the "well constructed lie" is to tell JT that Stephen was the one that voted for him, just like he voted for Coach.  We have Taj saying in the preview that she will backstab to win.
Just a theory.
Link to video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k96IBlQTcuQ

It's a good theory but Survivor doesn't work that way. They only have the 3 of them left then, they are bound to come together and talk about the vote.. then JT will question Spencer about voting for him.. which he will deny.. and i don't think Taj will blatanly lie in front of the 2 of them? Because that's just dumb and easy to see through. But it's a really good theory.

And an Erinn vote off at the F4 is not a shocking vote to us, thus Erinn stays to a good F3 IMO.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2009, 11:31:58 PM »
Well I hope

4th: J.T
3rd: Erinn
2nd: Steve
1st: TAJ!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2009, 11:42:19 PM »
Well I hope

That's the way i speculated as well. Because all of them probably realized they are not going to win against JT.. but how JT didn't win the F4 immunity when it's a physical challenge.. i don't know? Perhaps Steve won..

PS: Sorry i mixed Steven up with Spencer. LOL!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2009, 11:45:15 PM »
Yep I wondered what you meant there  :lol: Yeah I think Steve could pull through at the Puzzle like last time! And he and Taj decide they cannot win against J.T! Then Steve wins immunity and stays loyal to Taj by taking her through and hopefully the votes will go:

Erinn: Taj
J.T: Steve
Coach: Steve (sexist)
Deb: Taj
Sierra: Taj
Tyson: Steve (sexist)
Brendan: Taj

4-3

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2009, 11:46:58 PM »
By the by if Erinn won I don't think the fave winner thing would hold true. Possibly same with Steve but J.T or Taj could be faves. But a J.T win would be soooooo predictable

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2009, 09:59:43 AM »
Well I hope

This is my hope!! (But I should say I want Erinn to win, not to jinx Taj!)
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »
Well I hope

This is my hope!! (But I should say I want Erinn to win, not to jinx Taj!)

I'm glad to see other Taj supporters besides myself!  Praying she is not another blindside going home first tonight.  I would think that the fact the F2 "turn on each other" that one of them is Stephen, and Erinn is NOT one of them.  Stephen is close with both Taj and JT.
Maybe the seed of doubt has to do with Taj, Stephen and the HII.  Maybe JT tells Taj that Stephen wasn't backing her as much as she was backing him?
                                                         :duno:

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2009, 11:15:11 AM »
Just found this interview...

5 Questions with Jeff Probst- Inside TV Blog

1. What can we expect from the finale?
There's a pretty decent betrayal in the finale. I think it will shock a lot of people, and then for others they'll say "Doesn't surprise me at all." I like the final four ... It's been a pretty remarkable journey for them because there were these two tribes, this Timbira tribe that had the numbers, and all they had to do was pick off the Jalapao people and they would be sitting really pretty. But 'Survivor' has this great element to it and that is there's only one winner, and so no matter how strong your alliance is, somebody's always on the bottom of that alliance ... The thing you can count on is somebody [realizing], "I don't like being on the bottom, so I'm going to the other side," and then you have your twists and you're back in the game.

2. Some fans say you've become more pointed in your questioning at tribal council. What do you think?
I think as the game evolved, and the show evolved, it just became a natural part of the discourse for me to let my opinion out. And I always approach tribal council as though I am the audience -- what does the audience want to know right now? But I don't ever feel like I influence the game too much ... In 18 seasons, I've never had a Survivor say, "You're singling me out, and it's not fair." Because tribal council will last 45 minutes or an hour, and everybody gets asked a lot of questions. It's just that all that we use on the show are those five questions that make it appear as though I know everything.

3. Where does this season rank in 'Survivor' history?
Coming into this season, I thought it was going to crack our top five, possibly ... I think it's definitely a top 10 season, but it's hard to know until it's over and you have your winner. But I think everybody's going to be very satisfied with the way this season ends, and hands down we have had one of the biggest characters in the history of our 18 seasons in Coach.

4. Do you really think he could have his own reality show, like you wrote in your EW.com blog?
I really do. I'm not kidding. I think you could set up a situation in which you followed Coach around in his daily life and create scenarios for him to be a part of. Think of all the things you wonder about: Does Coach have a girlfriend? Does he actually go on dates and talk like the Dragon Slayer to his girlfriend? Who are his friends? Where is his family? Do they think he's crazy? And what does Coach's house looks like? I mean, I have endless questions about a guy like this [laughs].

5. But would you have been happy if Coach won?
Oh, I [would've been] through the roof if Coach won. If a guy like Coach -- as outrageous as he is, with all the stories he told -- could somehow make it to the end and then convince the jury that he was more worthy than the person he was sitting next to, that would probably be the greatest win since Richard Hatch. [In last night's episode] Coach has one of the greatest scenes ever, and I've watched it several times and I just marvel at it. In fact, Jenna Fischer from 'The Office' wrote me the other day and said, "Coach's speeches are Dwight. That's exactly something Dwight on 'The Office' would say." It's just so beautiful. I mean, nobody writes like that.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2009, 02:32:35 PM »
I love Taj! I'll be happy if she or J. T. win. I don't like Erinn or Stephen much, although to make it to the final 4 is a huge achievement.

I sincerely doubt that Taj does win or even gets to the final 3 because she is well liked, and with J. T. and Stephen in alliance with each other, I'd think they would rather have Erinn with them for the final 3. I could see that as a betrayal of Taj, but not unexpected so perhaps I'm wrong.

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2009, 03:40:34 PM »
I love Taj! I'll be happy if she or J. T. win. I don't like Erinn or Stephen much, although to make it to the final 4 is a huge achievement.

I sincerely doubt that Taj does win or even gets to the final 3 because she is well liked, and with J. T. and Stephen in alliance with each other, I'd think they would rather have Erinn with them for the final 3. I could see that as a betrayal of Taj, but not unexpected so perhaps I'm wrong.

I could see that happening also.  But who would they consider to be better at IC?  I think Erinn is if it is a puzzle, and she may be better athletically also.  I think a lot depends on how close each of those girls come to winning the last IC.  If the boys are smart, they will get rid of the girl that comes closest to winning.

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #43 on: May 17, 2009, 03:56:55 PM »
These spoilers are so contradictory. O_o Here's my thoughts:

4: Taj
3: Erinn
2: JT/Stephen
1: Coach wins! (Come on, you know Jeff is stroking him far too much for him not to win now)
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #44 on: May 17, 2009, 04:34:41 PM »
SurvivorFever picks, pretty much what TDT is predicting.........

Survivor Fever

Offline RudyRules

• RFF's Maturest Angel.
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • S1's Rudy Rocks!!
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2009, 05:48:15 PM »
These spoilers are so contradictory. O_o Here's my thoughts:

4: Taj
3: Erinn
2: JT/Stephen
1: Coach wins! (Come on, you know Jeff is stroking him far too much for him not to win now)
:funny:  Well bag, that would solve our dilemma for sure!!   :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2009, 06:01:46 PM »
Survivor will start on time ... 60 minutes is on now.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: May 17, 2009, 07:05:38 PM »
Hey you guys, I'm not going to try to recap 3 hours of the show so I'm going to sit back and enjoy it and you can read the play by play here at the Messhall thanks to Trix and Ramona.

Enjoy!

http://www.survivorsucks.com/topic/51579

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #48 on: May 17, 2009, 07:18:00 PM »
JT wins the first IC! Eriin was sooooooooo close!!

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 17, 2009, 07:21:53 PM »
omg, erin was so close to beating J.T. !!