Author Topic: TAR14 Finale: 'This is How You Lose a Million Dollars'  (Read 161411 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR14 Finale: 'This is How You Lose a Million Dollars'
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2009, 11:07:11 PM »
The running of teams on the beach reminds me of TARA3 finale. :lol:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2009, 11:07:47 PM »
Tramp stamp = Lower back tattoos
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2009, 11:14:09 PM »
I'll put the elim station here

Offline banzai

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2009, 11:53:52 PM »

I'm guessing that Luke/Margie come to the RB first. Tammy/Victor 2nd and Cara/Jaime last.  :duno:
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 11:57:21 PM by banzai »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2009, 11:55:56 PM »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #80 on: May 04, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »

I'm guessing that Luke/Margie come to the RB first. Tammy/Victor 2nd and Cara/Jaime last.  :duno:

It's neck in neck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoluckBoston

« Reply #81 on: May 04, 2009, 12:09:19 AM »

I agree and this is why i think so. It looks like a pink/purple shirt is missing here.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:16:00 AM by NoluckBoston »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2009, 12:28:06 AM »
whats between Cara's legs? ( no I know whats between her legs I mean the "LOOS" thingy)

NoluckBoston

« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2009, 12:30:49 AM »
I'm guessing she is wet and has to sit on a towel

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2009, 12:32:04 AM »
whats between Cara's legs? ( no I know whats between her legs I mean the "LOOS" thingy)

:funny: :kuss: Thankyou so much!

I guess a towel because she is wet too!  :lol:
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:35:49 AM by Kiwi Jay »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2009, 01:07:35 AM »
Maybe there's something we don't know about Cara! :lol:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2009, 01:11:58 AM »
guessing the thing where margie and luke were on the (whatever u call it boat thiny) is a detour?
and if T/V had a huge lead w/ the flights, wont they be far ahead at the pigs and surfboards?or were the other teams on the same flight...

Could someone show me where in the world all this talk of T/V having a huge lead with the flights came from?

The Tokyo airport spoiler CLEARLY shows that T/V, C/J. and L/M were all seen in the airport at very nearly the same time.

I do hate to see information with NO basis in fact just repeated over and over...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2009, 01:16:29 AM »
guessing the thing where margie and luke were on the (whatever u call it boat thiny) is a detour?
and if T/V had a huge lead w/ the flights, wont they be far ahead at the pigs and surfboards?or were the other teams on the same flight...

Could someone show me where in the world all this talk of T/V having a huge lead with the flights came from?

The Tokyo airport spoiler CLEARLY shows that T/V, C/J. and L/M were all seen in the airport at very nearly the same time.

I do hate to see information with NO basis in fact just repeated over and over...
I know peach its an ongoing losing battle ..and now with picture proof it does not die.

Maybe there's something we don't know about Cara! :lol:
STOP now or I'll get my taser out!  :lol:

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2009, 01:55:21 AM »
Next On The Amazing Race
SEASON FINALE
When Karma attacks -

One team's rage against taxi drivers around the world comes back to haunt them. - clearly Jamie and Cara

Two teams put their friendship first when they set aside the race and help each other finish a task. - Margie/Luke and Jamie/Cara; or Margie/Luke and Tammy/Victor; (i don't think it would be Tammy/Victor and Jamie/Cara, after the taxi incident in china)

One racer's constant nagging while searching for a clue causes their partner to lose their cool and in an unprecedented finale,
- it has to be Jamie and Cara  :funny: (constant nagging)

the final three teams find themselves racing neck-and-neck in their last task on the road to the million dollar prize.
- told you its neck-and-neck  :wohoo:

Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: May 04, 2009, 02:17:57 AM »
 :lol: :yess: I am very excited.

TAR13 wasnt and 12 wasnt really HOPE IT IS VERY CLOSE!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #90 on: May 04, 2009, 02:37:08 AM »
Next On The Amazing Race
SEASON FINALE
When Karma attacks -

One team's rage against taxi drivers around the world comes back to haunt them. - J/C

Two teams put their friendship first when they set aside the race and help each other finish a task. - M/L and J/C

One racer's constant nagging while searching for a clue causes their partner to lose their cool and in an unprecedented finale,
- J/C, the one that goes crazy in taxi's

[/quote]

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #91 on: May 04, 2009, 02:54:31 AM »
Next On The Amazing Race
SEASON FINALE
When Karma attacks -

One team's rage against taxi drivers around the world comes back to haunt them - Jaime and Cara without any doubt  :groan:

Two teams put their friendship first when they set aside the race and help each other finish a task. -  Margie and Luke/Tammy and Victor

One racer's constant nagging while searching for a clue causes their partner to lose their cool and in an unprecedented finale - Margie and Luke 

Well i have to say the title belongs to Cara and Jaime they finish the last task first and go for the finish line and end up with another lost taxi driver and this is where the title comes into picture my order of finish c/j;m/l and t/v(no more language advantage for them) i guess cara's good karmas are way more than jaime's bad one's that's why they made it to final 3 :umn: and probably also the reason why they will win it go cara go!!!

The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: May 04, 2009, 03:00:51 AM »
One team's rage against taxi drivers around the world comes back to haunt them. (obviously Jamie and Cara)

Two teams put their friendship first when they set aside the race and help each other finish a task. (Margie/Luke; Jamie/Cara)

One racer's constant nagging while searching for a clue causes their partner to lose their cool (Victor/Luke/Jaime nagging Tammy/Margie/Cara)

and in an unprecedented finale, the final three teams find themselves racing neck-and-neck in their last task on the road to the million dollar prize. (at the Roadblock?)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #93 on: May 04, 2009, 04:39:15 AM »
Oh crude, Jaime get's Karma for being mean to every local in the race...

Tammy and Victor and Margie and Luke seems to be head on...

Looks like we'll have an awesome finale! Shucks! It's the one episode I DONT GET TO WATCH until a day after... shucks!

I hope T/V wins, but whoever gets the million dollar prize, Congratulations to everyone who is in this race! I loved every minute, every second and every drop of it...

SPECULATIONS:

One team's rage against taxi drivers around the world comes back to haunt them. - Jaime and Cara

Two teams put their friendship first when they set aside the race and help each other finish a task. Margie and Luke and Tammy and Victor, poor Margie, she gets to haul a lot of heavy things throughout the race... from cheese, to rickshaws to pigs!

One racer's constant nagging while searching for a clue causes their partner to lose their cool: Victor and Tammy; Victor's a nagger

and in an unprecedented finale, the final three teams find themselves racing neck-and-neck in their last task on the road to the million dollar prize. RB/Final Task
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline red_sox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #94 on: May 04, 2009, 05:19:47 AM »
Hey everyone, haven't posted here in too long!!  :'(
Anyways here is my SPECULATION based on the finale preview.

The detour comes first. (Luke takes his top off to ride the boat thingy)

Then comes the compulsory task of carrying the pig along the beach. (Luke already has his top off for this)

Then comes final roadblock / surfboard challenge. (M/L arrive first after over-taking the other couples at the pig-carrying challenge. T/V arrive soon after, followed by J/C)

I SPECULATE that T/V complete the roadblock first- the preview shows his rack of surfboards and he clearly has more than Luke does.

T/V get into their final cab (Victor's huge smile in preview) and win the race. Margie and Luke come in a close second.

Another thing that leads me to believe that T/V win the race... I saw a photo somewhere on here of C/J & T/V post-race with a caption describing T/V as the "gracious party hosts"... surely it makes sense that the winners of the race are the ones to host a party??

/SPECULATION

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2009, 05:36:43 AM »

I have to agree that TAR 14 reminds me of TARA3 all the time... China, India and Thailand (SPECIFICALLY: Bangkok and Phuket?!?!) Beach setting Finale?

It made me wanna watch TARA 3 again though.. but this has got to be one of the best seasons of TAR history.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #96 on: May 04, 2009, 07:12:31 AM »

I have to agree that TAR 14 reminds me of TARA3 all the time... China, India and Thailand (SPECIFICALLY: Bangkok and Phuket?!?!) Beach setting Finale?

It made me wanna watch TARA 3 again though.. but this has got to be one of the best seasons of TAR history.

I know TARA is good. But TARA can never be compared to TAR. TARA may be the most difficult race to run, but TAR is in its own league! :tup:

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: May 04, 2009, 07:16:02 AM »
OMGah red_sox!  :waves:

You're the one who built the charlaandmirna.com site, amirite? If not, sorry, but too bad it's gone now.  :'(

I've been to Honolulu Airport loads of times already but I'm not entirely sure if these pics are from that airport, but anyways, I'm gonna say yeah.

I guess not. It's Kahului Airport in Maui. Notice the light fixtures and the yellow stripe on the floor. I totally forgot that Gates 16-25 in Honolulu are in one area, so if they were in Honolulu, the sign would've read Gates 1 thru 25.

From this site: http://www.lightfantastic.org/imr/extras/moblog/archives/2005_11.html

This picture:

Probably at a terminal in Kahului airport.

I guess all teams had one flight to Maui. So most likely no Honolulu tasks?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 07:27:40 AM by hakushu8 »
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: May 04, 2009, 07:26:30 AM »
I liked the TAR12 final puzzle because both team members had to do it. I don't like it when everything depends on just one person on the team. At least they are all there at the same time so it should be exciting.

Abby, I think you meant TAR 13, not TAR 12. And as long as there is some final Race-related task, I'm happy with it.

TAR 10's running around 10 blocks was lame huh? :funny: And TAR 7's Little Havana.. but i'm not complaining because it made Romber lose. :funny:

Joab, just to put more correct information into this thread, the AR10 Manhattan street run task for Tyler/James and Rob/Kimberly was from the News Building 220 E. 42nd St. (near corner of 3rd Avenue) and "the Alamo" sculpture at Astor Place near 9th St and west of 3rd Avenue. I calculate that at more than 33 blocks, which is approximately 2 miles in Manhattan.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2009, 07:27:18 AM »
It looks like one of the surfboards Victor has up are birds (look like parrots but might be comorants?).

And I definitely see a kiwi surfboard; maybe they're putting all of the places they been on the race (or recently) to confuse the teams?