Author Topic: EP10: East Coast live show updates and commentary *please read the rules*  (Read 47355 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I knew it!! EATING TASK next week!

Made up like ??Opera Singers?? Bad makeup, LOL!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline KristineML

• RFF Not So Newbie
I think I would've Swam.  I'm a pretty good swimmer and besides, it would be easier to do two laps than to synchronize my diving with my partner.
Unless you think of just counting off in unison before diving.

Good point.

Belle Book

Which is what the Olympic Synchro divers do  :lol:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
peach gets her wish! next week  Chinese delicacies!!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I hate hate TBC legs.  Why because to date they aren't.  They are full legs with all aspects of previous normal legs (bunching allowing others to catch up, roadblock, detours, and general tasks and the teams that do well get no damn credit for it.).

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Heee...I thought TBC's were EXTINCT!!!

I hate hate TBC legs.  Why because to date they aren't.  They are full legs with all aspects of previous normal legs (bunching allowing others to catch up, roadblock, detours, and general tasks and the teams that do well get no damn credit for it.).

I wouldn't mind 3 TBC's to extend the next season's race to 15 episodes  :funny:

But I must admit, there's something sneaky during this episode that I felt just at the start of watching it...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
I knew it!! EATING TASK next week!

Made up like ??Opera Singers?? Bad makeup, LOL!!

They made Margie look like Alice Cooper  :lol: Love it! Thus our title for the next leg...

Peach/Puddin, is speculating for the next leg a go already?

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
Well, I guess it makes sense as it didn't show them going to the Pit Stop after finishing the detour...

But I couldn't believe it was a TBC leg.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
That was fun, off to rewatch in peace!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Well, I was right in thinking that nobody would be Philiminated!  I was wrong in thinking that this would be a non-elimination, however!  However, I'm sure that we'll have a U-Turn next week!

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Yes the topics are open for next week, go ahead an spoil me lol

too bad Cara & Jamie were robbed of first place by the TBC  :groan:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Well heck, I thought Jamie/Cara just smoked it tonight.....and really did think they were going to get a trip out of it....hope they can keep it up. Dealing with taxis is one thing.......dealing with the general public is going to be fun to watch with all that make up on....
Matthew 7:15

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
The moment I saw Phil having no one beside...

(1) I thought it was a TBC.
(2) I thought that the greeter would be the on the drum tower and would actually drum at their arrival...  :funny: (I wouldn't like that though, Beijing's gonna hate me for wrecking their sleep  :funny: )

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I'm going to rewatch and post screencaps in the EP10 thread, rewatch at my own pace that is if anyone is interested I'll be over there.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Thank you puddin!! :kuss:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
I thought it was another good episode, though a tad anticlimactic, since it was pretty obvious this leg would be a non-elimination leg.  Now, the F3 is up for grabs next week.

I don't think I could've done that Roadblock at all.  It looked way too painful.  Props to Cara, Luke, Tammy, and Kisha for getting through it.  As for the Detour, Swim was clearly the better one, though Sink would've been good, too, if done exactly right.

Jaime & Cara: Aside from the taxi tiff and going to the wrong door, I was glad to see them run an excellent leg and come in first . . . if only at what turned out to be a non-Pit Stop!  Still, they really wanted that first-place finish, and they proved it with a great performance (two mistakes aside, of course)!  And of course, I'm giving Cara (and Luke, Kisha, and Tammy, of course) all sorts of props for enduring that Roadblock!  Let's hope they can keep going strong on the next half of the leg!  They'll just need to find a cab first, if they let their first one go (which they probably did).

Margie & Luke: They had me worried when they were the last team to the Roadblock and Detour, but being great swimmers helped them at the Detour.  Congrats for recovering and good job on the tasks you did.

Tammy & Victor: Solid start, but it seems like your downfall on this first half of the leg started at the Detour.  You guys should've just done Swim from the beginning and kept your lead.  It seems like you've got an uphill battle, but we'll see on the second half of this double-leg.

Kisha & Jen: Were this a Pit Stop, your last-place finish would've been well-earned.  But switching Detours repeatedly and Jen's meltdown still make you deserving of your current last-place position.  I do still like you girls and want you guys to recover on the second half of the leg, but it seems like you've got an uphill battle about as big as Tammy & Victor's, if not bigger.

Really exciting to see what the second half of the leg brings us next week!  Next Sunday can't come fast enough for me!

LOVE: Jaime/Cara, Margie/Luke, Kisha/Jen, Tammy
LIKE: No one
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: Victor
HATE: No one

Once again, I can't wait for next week!  I'm banking on it all coming down to either Tammy & Victor or Kisha & Jen for who doesn't make the F3.  I'm thinking it'll be Tammy & Victor -- they seem to be set up for it so badly after saying they'll shame the Chinese if they don't survive the Beijing leg.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I came home around midnight, pulled the ep off the DVR and watched it. I missed being with you here in real time.

I was with Mooyou, when I saw Phil standing alone, I yelled out, TBC! TBC! TBC! Then I did my best Gordon Ramsey impression, "You Donkey!!!" They had us fooled. We should have known that it was going to be 11 legs, but hindsight is always 20/20.

Another great episode.

I'm liking Jaime less and less with each episode. And next week, I'm afraid she's getting dropped with the Ugly American syndrome coming out. I want to like her, but I think I'm taking her off the TARAsia Fan fav list. I've only done this once and that was Charla & Mirna during Mirna's crazy taxi driver rant in TAR All-Stars leg 1. Her behavior tonight yelling at Cara while she was pain and not understanding what Cara was going through was incomprehensible. I also thought her taking the taxi from Tammy & Victor after the natatorium was a bit much.

Granted, Tammy & Victor's posturing at Guilin Airport wasn't stellar behavior, but it's part of the race. Get whatever advantage you can.

Kisha was the star tonight getting Jen to swim. Jen was right. Other partners might have let Jen quit. Kisha's drive would not let her and she was very supportive of Jen. That's what big sisters are for.

Finally, I'm also not happy with Luke with his silly bump of Jen as they were running to the cabs in Beijing. Let it go, guy. Let it go. And Margie's poisoning of the other teams with her failure to understand Jen & Kisha's laughter? Sorry, sister. You're close to being pushed off the TARAsia list too.

So I've gone from loving every team in this race to pretty much not liking the Final Four except for Kisha/Jen and Cara. That's very hard to do at least for me. Long winded post, but I have to get this off my chest.

Now time to embed some insider videos.
Just here to visit.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Actually Ken if you watch in freeze frame it was teh girls who clearly bumped into him.  HIs head is fully turned away from them (for starters), the contact is on teh rear side of his right shoulder/back.  While its the girls who are looking forward in that area and are hitting him with the front side of there left shoulder/chest.

On freeze frame.  The girls at the counter turn around looking toward they are directed for cabs.  Luke enters frame (in front of them Easily told by how you can see by the placement of his feet compared to theirs) both are starting at walking pace but going into a run.  But here is the real kicker when we see Luke in frame at no time is his face directed back towards the girls, his face is directed in the same direction as theirs and thats towards the cabs.  Running forward in slow motion (both girls can clearly see Luke he is directly in their line of sight, they aren't in his and being deaf he can't hear them at all).  This time the contact is Kisha.  You can see her entire body when it happens you can only see the waist down and one full leg of Luke (meaning they are behind him) when the collision occurs.  Nor is the contact with Jen as Jen is slightly behind and to the right of Kisha.  Meaning she is even further behind Luke. And you can see all their feet, which shows that Luke is clearly in front of both women (and again with his head turned away from them).

They are the only ones to again start name calling.

They are correct about one thing both Margie & Luke do hold a grudge against Kisha & Jen.  But this incident was not Luke's fault.

It could only be Luke's fault is if he was going backwards, and we see clearly that isn't the case.

Clearly its the girls.  And again (if and this is a big one because we don't see the dialogue we just hear it) we hear them calling him an ass. 

And like the incidents last week the contact is something does happen (I don't think here Kisha did it on purpose), but they fact that they keep leaping to insult and blame others for something they actually started is unseemly.

Though there was nothing wrong with Kisha & Jen moving towards the other counter (something that bothered Margie, their comments about the locals was a wrong though).

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I'll agree on the locals comment, mswood. That was insulting.

It's that same behavior that I'm fearing from Jaime next week that will cause me to cross her off the list.
Just here to visit.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
I didn't look at every vidcap. I just saw it as people all looking for far a way taxi/cab stands and not seeing anything in close and bumping into each other. Just an accident on both parts and the girls should have never made a comment.....Just one of those "Opps, excuse me!!!" moments.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Well heck, I thought Jamie/Cara just smoked it tonight.....and really did think they were going to get a trip out of it....hope they can keep it up. Dealing with taxis is one thing.......dealing with the general public is going to be fun to watch with all that make up on....
What makes me really angry about that is that they were told to go to the Pit Stop in their damn clue!  How were they supposed to know it was anything different!  By telling them it was a Pit Stop, they got completely gobsmacked upon finding out it wasn't one!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
What makes me really angry about that is that they were told to go to the Pit Stop in their damn clue!  How were they supposed to know it was anything different!  By telling them it was a Pit Stop, they got completely gobsmacked upon finding out it wasn't one!
mislabeled pitstop! totally foretold that one a couple of legs ago :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Foreshadowing

1.  Jamie & Cara wishing to be in first place
2.  Tammy & Victor bragging about their advantage
3.  Victor cramping?

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
^^Let's not forget Tammy/Victor's comments on how they're done in by tasks, Kisha/Jen talking about "finishing strong" and possibly Margie/Luke talking about Kisha/Jen being weak on water (note: finale is in Hawaii).
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
Would it have made any difference if it just said "Find Phil on the mat" or something similar though? Probably not. So what's the big concern?
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Foreshadowing

1.  Jamie & Cara wishing to be in first place
2.  Tammy & Victor bragging about their advantage
3.  Victor cramping?

What do we mean by this? Sorry...  :lol: I just can't get the foreshadowing here...