Author Topic: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'  (Read 150295 times)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'
« Reply #300 on: May 03, 2009, 06:20:54 PM »
My thoughts on "No More Mr. Nice Guy".

The four teams are going to bunch up in the morning beacuse of an HOO.

C/J and M/L are going to look to Tammy and Victor for help on the leg.  Somewhere along the leg T/V are going to ditch their friends.  Hence, No More Mr. Nice Guy. 

T/V are going to dominate this leg so much they are going to eventually leave China hours before the other teams. ( and no, that doesn't necessarily mean they arrive at the final destination airport earler)

Hmmm.  I like your thinking.

Here is a different twist on the "thrown under the bus" theme.  Of the 4 remaining teams, which ones are portrayed as the better friends?  I sayMargie & Luke with Jamie & Cara.  If throwing one under the bus involves good friends (I sacrifice you to save me) then Jamie & Cara yield Margie & Luke.

And the reason we see Margie & Luke with Keisa & Jen is that M&L are starting their second Detour as a result of being U-turned.

Just speculation that does not involve an actual bus.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #301 on: May 03, 2009, 06:31:13 PM »
My thoughts on "No More Mr. Nice Guy".

The four teams are going to bunch up in the morning beacuse of an HOO.

C/J and M/L are going to look to Tammy and Victor for help on the leg.  Somewhere along the leg T/V are going to ditch their friends.  Hence, No More Mr. Nice Guy. 

T/V are going to dominate this leg so much they are going to eventually leave China hours before the other teams. ( and no, that doesn't necessarily mean they arrive at the final destination airport earler)

Hmmm.  I like your thinking.

Here is a different twist on the "thrown under the bus" theme.  Of the 4 remaining teams, which ones are portrayed as the better friends?  I sayMargie & Luke with Jamie & Cara.  If throwing one under the bus involves good friends (I sacrifice you to save me) then Jamie & Cara yield Margie & Luke.

And the reason we see Margie & Luke with Keisa & Jen is that M&L are starting their second Detour as a result of being U-turned.

Just speculation that does not involve an actual bus.

That would work, but if there is an equalizer as expected, due to no flights and them still racing during the day, would Margie & Luke be that far ahead of Kisha & Jen at that point?

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #302 on: May 03, 2009, 08:02:49 PM »
Look closely in the preview, it is clear that t/v saw the u-turn, saw it empty, and decide to u-turn somebody... but who?  :wohoo:

I got a spoiler right   :yess: you guys owe me an apology!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #303 on: May 03, 2009, 08:10:08 PM »
Look closely in the preview, it is clear that t/v saw the u-turn, saw it empty, and decide to u-turn somebody... but who?  :wohoo:

I got a spoiler right   :yess: you guys owe me an apology!!!!

But the thing is, it is also clear that T/V saw the U-TURN, saw it empty and chose not to U-TURN as well. It was just a mere guess from you isn't it?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #304 on: May 03, 2009, 08:55:08 PM »

I got a spoiler right   :yess: you guys owe me an apology!!!!
Lucky guess because the screencaps you referred to had nothing to do with the U-Turn, it was T/V at the pitstop first with Phil telling them they were team #1 not them using the U-Turn.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #305 on: May 03, 2009, 08:59:17 PM »
I was SO close  :lol:

Besides the Olympic knot in the fence,,, well this is the only thing I could find that might tie the pit stop in with the Olympics but for all I know this is the Beijing guard universal winter uniform  :lol:

from the web ..

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #306 on: May 03, 2009, 10:09:16 PM »
The clue at the virtual pitstop said
"find out who wrote the enclosed poem "Femme Noir"

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #307 on: May 03, 2009, 10:12:24 PM »
???

Leopold Sédar Senghor. Senegal (1906-2001).

http://web.uflib.ufl.edu/cm/africana/senghor.htm

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #308 on: May 03, 2009, 10:17:10 PM »
more

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #309 on: May 03, 2009, 10:21:36 PM »
when describing the detour options they sort of gave away which team was U-Turned

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #310 on: May 03, 2009, 10:27:41 PM »
more

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #311 on: May 03, 2009, 10:38:33 PM »
 :lol: I guess they had nothing else to show?

The Amazing Race 6, Episode 4
Stockholm (Sweden) - Dakar (Senegal) - Kayar (Senegal) - Lac Rose (Senegal) - Gorée Island (Senegal)

En route to Africa this week, the producers of The Amazing Race start off with an enormous editing gaffe: a product placement photograph of an American Airlines plane. Memo to CBS television (and American travellers to Africa): No airline based in the USA flies to anywhere in Africa, although several attempt to mislead travellers into thinking they do by putting their flight numbers on codeshare flights to Africa actually operated by European or (in fewer cases) African airlines.

But the producers rapidly recover by making the racers' first task in an unfamiliar continent something that should be recommended, if not required, for all foreign tourists, if they haven't done it before they arrive: familiarize yourself with the key people and concepts of local history and the local worldview by reading at least one book by an influential local writer.

In Senegal, that's especially easy, since the most important person in national history is also the most famous literary figure of the region: Léopold Sédar Senghor .

Like Nehru, his contemporary in India, Senghor may be more significant today for his literary, intellectual, and ideological legacy than for his track record as the first president of his native country. At the airport in Dakar, the racers are given a copy of one of Senghor's most famous poems, "Femme noire", and told to identify the author and make their way to his grave. At the cemetery, next to a surprisingly modest monument to a hero who might have been expected to become the focus of a personality cult like those of some other post-independence political leaders, the racers each receive a copy of one of Senghor's books along with their next clue.

http://www.hasbrouck.org/blog/archives/000496.html

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #312 on: May 03, 2009, 11:04:29 PM »
 :funny: Then whose hand was that? :funny:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #313 on: May 03, 2009, 11:06:31 PM »
Is there any one here who would not have peed in their pants?  You're talking about a million dollars.  Plus wasn't Jen still in those Chinese robes?   :groan:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #314 on: May 03, 2009, 11:06:52 PM »
Gus? Hera? .... glad they stamped Luke & Marge over the route info though so I know I wasn't seeing things.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #315 on: May 03, 2009, 11:08:41 PM »
I'm still waiting for a Kisha and Jen interview to tell us exactly how far were they behind. If they were behind by a mere minute, i guess Jen will start holding her pee from now onwards for LONG. :funny:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #316 on: May 03, 2009, 11:23:45 PM »
I'm guessing there was an enforced time-out, probably to ensure some safety (daylight hours) with the bikes. C/J hit the pool at 9:30, so most teams probably hit the phantom mat before midnight. And judging by their expressions (and the cabs still waiting), they probably knew (or guessed) that it was a TBC.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 12:16:31 AM by Slowhatch »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #317 on: May 04, 2009, 12:09:54 AM »
An episode that was exciting down to the last second.  I really thought Jaime & Cara were toast, and that Jen's pee break was misdirection, but hey!  Look at that!  It did kill them!

The Detour?  Would've done Beijing Opera, for sure.  Chinese Waiter looked way too hard if you weren't Chinese.  Tammy & Victor had an advantage there that was bordering on unfair.  As for the Roadblock, of course I'd have done it instead of my partner.

Tammy & Victor: I don't think they really owned this leg so much as got lucky to find a cab right off the bat.  Oh, and find the U-Turn right away.  But they did their tasks well enough, so good on them.  They seem to stand the best chance at winning.  I'd only be happy for Tammy if they won, but Victor still grates on me.

Margie & Luke: Other than their brain-fart in searching for the U-Turn, they ran a pretty good leg tonight.  Margie was kind of annoying at the Beijing Opera Detour, but she made up for it in spades at the Roadblock, so good on her.  They also deserve their place in the F3, and the editing seems to hint at things coming down between them and Tammy & Victor, though Jaime & Cara seem in it, as well.

Jaime & Cara: By all rights, even though a lot of it was from bad taxi luck, they should've been the ones booted.  But honestly, after seeing Cara own up to being the reason they went well out of their way of the U-Turn, and then seeing her try to make up for it by owning the Roadblock, I wanted them to stay.  So I'm glad they did.  But yeah, it looks like Jaime's taxi karma is going to come right back to bite her in the ass next week, even though it already started to this week.  That said, that doesn't necessarily mean they won't win because of it.  It could be a misdirection.  The editors obviously left Phil saying they had the chance to be the first winning women's team for a reason.

Kisha & Jen: Well done, ladies.  You had the chance to be the first team ever to successfully overcome a U-Turn, but Jen literally went and pissed it all away.  So yeah, Jen, it is all on you.  I'm glad Kisha's gonna let her live it down, though.

LOVE: Tammy, Margie/Luke/Jaime/Cara
LIKE: No one
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: Victor
HATE: No one

Next week should be an exciting finale, for sure.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #318 on: May 04, 2009, 12:19:50 AM »

Jaime & Cara: By all rights, even though a lot of it was from bad taxi luck, they should've been the ones booted.  But honestly, after seeing Cara own up to being the reason they went well out of their way of the U-Turn, and then seeing her try to make up for it by owning the Roadblock, I wanted them to stay.  So I'm glad they did.  But yeah, it looks like Jaime's taxi karma is going to come right back to bite her in the ass next week, even though it already started to this week.  That said, that doesn't necessarily mean they won't win because of it.  It could be a misdirection.  The editors obviously left Phil saying they had the chance to be the first winning women's team for a reason.

I'm pretty sure Phil said the same thing to Dustin and Kandace, Charla & Mirna to name a few female teams.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #319 on: May 04, 2009, 12:24:58 AM »

I'm pretty sure Phil said the same thing to Dustin and Kandace, Charla & Mirna to name a few female teams.

And Lyn and Karlyn. :funny: Maybe Phil said that knowing that Cara and Jaime would most probably be left behind and come in third.

Offline scruffs

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #320 on: May 04, 2009, 02:11:00 AM »
that pee cost them a million dollars.... :funny:

i was just thinking, if kisha and jen went first to the mat before the restroom:

Phil: Kisha and Jen you are the third team to arrive, congratulations...

Kisha: (interrupts Phil) Phil, will you hold it for a second Jen just needs to the restroom... we just check in so that we are sure to be on the final three...

Jen: sorry Phil, just reserve the script after I go to the restroom...

that would be hilarious...... :lol3: :lol3:

or another scenario would be...

Phil: Kisha and Jen you are the third team to arrive, congratulations...(sniffs) what's that smell? It's like pee...

Kisha: sorry Phil, Jen pee onto herself on our way here, just ignore the smell...

Jen: (very shy) sorry Phil, i will just change after you check us in....

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Chance favors prepared minds.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #321 on: May 04, 2009, 09:17:07 AM »
eta: No flights/airport scramble to look forward to hate!
Or feeling sad from missing any flight/airport/reservations action.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #322 on: May 04, 2009, 11:37:53 AM »
Exciting leg indeed! Like Ashe, I half thought Jaime and Cara would have been eliminated. Glad they stayed, but at the same time sad that Kisha and Jen got the boot.

Tammy and Victor - Pretty amazed at how speedy they ran the leg. Their ability to speak Chinese did help them a lot this episode I guess. For one, they must have finished the Detour really quickly. Very happy they made the final three but I doubt they'll win.

Margie and Luke - Wow, this must be the first time we see them so angry at each other, during the Detour. They normally work rather well together, was surprised to see that little bicker. But after all, Luke is a guy and Margie should probably be worried if he could put make-up really well.

Jaime and Cara - I thought they'd be eliminated when they got lost for so long, completing the Roadblock and Detour in last. For once they got an awesome cab driver, that probably helped a lot. And it's great, usually the leading team will end up at the pit-stop first but this time, Kisha and Jen who were leading, fell behind Jaime and Cara. I'm happy that Jaime and Cara survived.

Kisha and Jen - These are amazing girls! I thought they'd be seriously toast having been U-turned but they actually completed the Roadblock ahead of Jaime and Cara. We gotta give them props for that, I really think it's wonderful. And their attitude was rather peaceful too, I thought they took the whole thing really well. While I'm glad that Jaime and Cara survived over them, I'm still sad over their elimination. These girls have got a fighting spirit and we've seen them, from the bickering sisters to the loving sisters. They have loads to be proud of! (And I sure hope the time taken to pee wasn't the factor that cost them the race, Jen is never gonna forgive herself).

This must be the best final three ever! Love all three teams, don't mind who wins, and don't know who wins! It's gonna be a very, very exciting finale. Can't wait!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #323 on: May 04, 2009, 03:59:02 PM »
Here's my take on the teams:

Tammy & Victor:  Great job this leg!  You really smoked the leg, thanks in large part to your language skills.  I think it was the right idea to U-Turn LaKisha & Jen, for the reasons you stated.  You're a real threat to win, and I'd be pleased if you did.

Margie & Luke:  Better this leg, except that you still were mad at LaKisha & Jen!  You also should've told Cara & Jamie to head back to the opera place -- but maybe you couldn't see them.

Cara & Jaime:  What a leg!  You really should buy dictionaries -- it might help with the languages!  I really thought you might be out with all your problems, but fortune smiled on you at the last moment and helped you pull out a third-place finish.

LaKisha & Jen:  Your need to go to the bathroom may have been the precipitating factor in your and your sister's exit, Jen, but it was the U-Turn that really ruined your chances.  Had Tammy & Victor not U-Turned you, you would still be in the Race.  Oh well.

Really Like:  Tammy & Victor, Cara
Like:  Jaime, Margie & Luke
Neutral:  No one.
Dislike:  No one.
Hate:  No one.

Belle Book

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #324 on: May 04, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »

And Lyn and Karlyn. :funny: Maybe Phil said that knowing that Cara and Jaime would most probably be left behind and come in third.
Yeah, probably.  But then, they left in Mark & Michael being told about their time deficit after their four-hour penalty.  They wouldn't have needed to keep it in if they'd managed to catch up at a bunching point.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!