Author Topic: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'  (Read 150339 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'
« Reply #250 on: May 01, 2009, 11:15:34 PM »
I also think Tammy & Victor U-Turn LaKisha & Jen, and Victor's the one who says "No More Mr. Nice Guy."  Maybe they think that the other two teams are ahead and that's why they go after the sisters.  Or maybe they just realize how good LaKisha & Jen are as runners.

I think this is really a good theory! :tup:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #251 on: May 01, 2009, 11:23:18 PM »
Look closely in the preview, it is clear that t/v saw the u-turn, saw it empty, and decide to u-turn somebody... but who?  :wohoo:

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #252 on: May 01, 2009, 11:24:54 PM »
I am hoping for another UTURN elimination!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #253 on: May 01, 2009, 11:36:33 PM »
Look closely in the preview, it is clear that t/v saw the u-turn, saw it empty, and decide to u-turn somebody... but who?  :wohoo:
  ???

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #254 on: May 01, 2009, 11:38:10 PM »
  ???

:lol:

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #255 on: May 02, 2009, 01:12:53 AM »
  ???

Tammy's face is one of that of shock. Either they were u-turned, or they decided to u-turn somebody...

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #256 on: May 02, 2009, 02:08:49 AM »
  ???

Tammy's face is one of that of shock. Either they were u-turned, or they decided to u-turn somebody...
No the U-Turn is inside the opera place/museum and that look on Tammys face is at the pitstop... read above.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: May 02, 2009, 02:13:49 AM »
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #258 on: May 02, 2009, 02:21:37 AM »
Okay, guys I'm sorry.  :-[

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #259 on: May 02, 2009, 03:02:54 AM »
 :tup: I am sorry to you! I myself was laughing at what I had posted! Trust me on this "we all make mistakes"  ;)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #260 on: May 02, 2009, 06:25:00 AM »

And it goes with the clue!!
COMMUNICATION IS CLEARLY NOT A SKILL THAT THE TEAMS POSSESS IN BEIJING AS THEY DRIFT FURTHER AWAY FROM THEIR DESTINATION IN SEARCH OF A U-TURN

If you also review pictures in post #30, it looks like Jamie and Cara are the team wandering around.  How about Tammy & Victor U-Turning our cheerleaders?!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #261 on: May 02, 2009, 06:35:54 AM »

COMMUNICATION IS CLEARLY NOT A SKILL THAT THE TEAMS POSSESS IN BEIJING AS THEY DRIFT FURTHER AWAY FROM THEIR DESTINATION IN SEARCH OF A U-TURN

Tammy/Victor are to put it, they are "devilishly clever". I can see why they will probably try to back stab another team probably Kisha/Jen or Jamie/Cara...

If you also review pictures in post #30, it looks like Jamie and Cara are the team wandering around.  How about Tammy & Victor U-Turning our cheerleaders?!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: May 02, 2009, 07:24:47 AM »
T/V "devilishly clever"? or, in my opinion, just doing whatever it takes to maximize their chance at winning $1 million in the final leg. They don't have ot be devilishly clever. All they can do is try to get rid of their most feared opponents via the U-Turn.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #263 on: May 02, 2009, 09:41:16 AM »

Tammy/Victor are to put it, they are "devilishly clever". I can see why they will probably try to back stab another team probably Kisha/Jen or Jamie/Cara...

I think that if J/C were u-turned, they would have been eliminated.  I still think it makes more sense that it was K/J.  Someone thrown under the bus...T/V are closer to K/J ( especially after the taxi incident the night before).  Plus, after the leg, T/V were in the lead, but K/J beat them in a foot race to the pit stop.  Add to that the fact that T/V might not realize that they have passed the 1st & 2nd place teams, you are going to u-turn the team you think is behind you.  It makes perfect sense that K/J would be the team to u-turn.

ETA: remember they all have to find the u-turn because that is were the next clue box is.

Offline serendipity

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #264 on: May 02, 2009, 12:11:57 PM »
We saw Jaime/Cara wandered on the street with the gnome and without any opera make up, so does that mean the find-the-gnome task happen before detour, and they have to carry the gnome in the entire leg? Or do Jaime/Cara clean the make up after the detour?

For the other task, really have no idea what Tammy/Victor would do, but I think it is also related to Chinese Opera and probably takes place nearby, otherwise it would be unfair to set the U-turn close to one detour.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #265 on: May 02, 2009, 12:19:35 PM »
I'm actually guessing that Victor's the one who said "No more Mr. Nice Guy" towards the end of the episode, when the final three are revealed and each team gives its thoughts about the finale. I'm guessing that it's during then that Victor says that, not during a U-turn. But that's only my guess, it'll be cool to see if they really U-turn Kisha and Jen.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #266 on: May 02, 2009, 05:33:54 PM »
golf was a let down today as far as TAR promos

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #267 on: May 02, 2009, 05:52:12 PM »
 I can't get it to quote here, but in Post #191, it was thought that the circled person was Kisha.  Could it possibly be the person seated who seems to be watching someone to her left (possibly Margie & Luke).  She is shown in the preview tape while Margie is telling Luke not to yell.  Why would the girls already have their costume on if they are still doing each others make-up?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #268 on: May 02, 2009, 07:03:25 PM »
I can't get it to quote here, but in Post #191, it was thought that the circled person was Kisha.  Could it possibly be the person seated who seems to be watching someone to her left (possibly Margie & Luke).  She is shown in the preview tape while Margie is telling Luke not to yell.  Why would the girls already have their costume on if they are still doing each others make-up?

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #269 on: May 02, 2009, 07:07:09 PM »
Thanks Puddin, when I tried to magnify it was too grainy, but I can see clearly in your enlargement that it is them!
I was looking at the one circled that was seated, I couldn't get a clear view of them standing.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #270 on: May 03, 2009, 04:56:59 AM »
Nothing escapes puddin!! :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #271 on: May 03, 2009, 11:13:13 AM »
Nothing escapes puddin!! :jam:
It was Chateau's call not mine :)

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2009, 12:17:35 PM »
nice save!   :tup:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #273 on: May 03, 2009, 12:22:28 PM »
nice save!   :tup:

Nice work to both of you!  I don't suppose you know if Cara & Jaime were there before or after them???
                                                                   :duno:

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #274 on: May 03, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »
Thanks Puddin, when I tried to magnify it was too grainy, but I can see clearly in your enlargement that it is them!
I was looking at the one circled that was seated, I couldn't get a clear view of them standing.

Since K/J and M/L are doing makeup for the Opera detour at roughly the same time, do we have an hours of operation equalizer in the TBC clue provided at the mat?

To me it looks like K/J have already completed their makeup and only need to put on the headdresses.  M/L are still working on the makeup.  But that would make perfect sense if there was an hours of operation lag.  K/J finishing their makeup before M/L would also make sense, because I am sure that Luke has NEVER had to deal with makeup application before.  It would also make sense that C/J have already completed their make up, dressed and left for the remainder of the task while K/J and M/L are still struggling with the make up.  So the order of leaving from the makeup / dressup portion of the Opera detour would be C/L, K/J, then M/L.  T/V are doing something else.

It appears the J/C remove their makeup at some point.  You can see the remainders on their face near their hair lines in the taxi cab shot.