@ Neobie, could there be any place like a nearby 4 - 5 star known brand or branch of hotel/s near the proposed pit stop (Wenchang Ge/ Summer Palace???) that could serve us a production base (Like Sheraton in Guilin?), further intensifying out that the summer palace is indeed the pit stop?
According to my street directory, no. (Why the heck do I have a Beijing street directory?)
The Summer Palace's out of town and no international chains site their hotel there...
I'm not ready to bet on the Summer Palace just yet - there are still a few discrepancies between the vidcaps and the architecture there. First, most antithetical couplets are framed in gold at the Palace, but not in our vidcaps. Second, there's a round door in our vidcaps, and I haven't seen any similar ones at the Palace.
The couplet's not leading us anywhere on Google! *disappointed*
Chateau, are you getting a really early time? Because this looks before 9.30am to me!
Is this chain of conclusions valid?
1. According to the Tokyo spoiler, Tammy/Victor are either first or last in Beijing.
2. There is no Fast Forward on this leg.
3. Peking Opera comes before the eating, which is a Roadblock.
4. Because Tammy/Victor are clean, the Opera is a Detour, and Tammy/Victor were not U-Turned.
5. Victor is quite ahead of Margie near the end of the leg, and has no apparent problems with the food.
6. Phil did not take the 3.30pm flight to Tokyo to get into Hawaii a day ahead.
7. If Phil eliminates the last team before 12.30pm, he has 3 hours to get that important flight.
8. Will Victor take 3h to eat a starfish, having already passed the Detour and the U-Turn?
So, the question is: are Tammy and Victor first or last? Make a pick!