Author Topic: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'  (Read 150343 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: TAR14 EP11:'He Made Me Look Like Alice Cooper'/'No More Mr. Nice Guy'
« Reply #100 on: April 27, 2009, 02:06:00 PM »
They don't give out future photos like they use to though *sigh* ^^^

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: April 27, 2009, 02:10:48 PM »
Budget cuts.  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles:
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2009, 02:33:25 PM »
Budget cuts.  (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) :knuckles: :knuckles: :knuckles:
either that or "Spoiler Prevention level up!"
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2009, 03:28:13 PM »
If you notice carefully in the confessional video, there is a scroll attached to the rock in the background. It has 4 Chinese characters on it. I can't make out what it is.

Oh! :) Furthermore, (I'm just speculating here), could the make ups be part of the detour (since Tammy and Victor do not have them as compared to the rest of the racers) and the eating roadblock challenge comes thereafter? That means the U-Turn has to be in between the detour and the roadblock. What do you think?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 03:59:39 PM by jovian_w2002 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2009, 04:13:47 PM »
If Cara is holding the U-Turn clue are they U-Turned!?

And it goes with the clue!!
COMMUNICATION IS CLEARLY NOT A SKILL THAT THE TEAMS POSSESS IN BEIJING AS THEY DRIFT FURTHER AWAY FROM THEIR DESTINATION IN SEARCH OF A U-TURN

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #105 on: April 27, 2009, 04:19:08 PM »
Maybe that's why they are so angry: they have to do another task. (Just a speculation, though)

And, OMG I have a feeling that they are U-turned by Tammy and Victor.  "This week's U-Turn isn't anonymous but that doesn't stop one team from throwing another under the bus." (To throw someone under the bus usually means 'to betray them'.)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 04:24:49 PM by jovian_w2002 »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #106 on: April 27, 2009, 04:30:52 PM »
Can anyone pick out what Jaime/Cara are asking for? Wencheng Ge?

There are many "ge's" (courts) on that road, but I can't find an exact match. There's a Ruicheng Zhai, Wenhui Ge and a Cuiwen Ge... Could any of them be it? (They all sell Chinese scholarly/calligraphy stuff, I think.)
So whatever they are looking for might be the other detour option, thats if they are U-Turned.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: April 27, 2009, 04:31:36 PM »
If Cara is holding the U-Turn clue are they U-Turned!?

And it goes with the clue!!
COMMUNICATION IS CLEARLY NOT A SKILL THAT THE TEAMS POSSESS IN BEIJING AS THEY DRIFT FURTHER AWAY FROM THEIR DESTINATION IN SEARCH OF A U-TURN

Either Tammy & Victor ... no, it's Tammy & Victor. Kisha/Jen and Margie/Luke would U-Turn each other. And M/L can't use it again anyway. So, it's most likely T/V.

Maybe it's Jaime/Cara who are eliminated at the end of this leg.
Just here to visit.

Offline nathyn

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #108 on: April 27, 2009, 04:32:56 PM »
And, OMG I have a feeling that they are U-turned by Tammy and Victor.  "This week's U-Turn isn't anonymous but that doesn't stop one team from throwing another under the bus." (To throw someone under the bus usually means 'to betray them'.)

Which, actually brings up an interesting question. Are we sure that the 1 U-turn per team rule is in effect? I don't remember Phil saying that a team may only use the U-turn once in a race during the blind U-turn. Although I'd think that L/M would use it on J/K if they could and that J/K would use it on L/M, is it possible that L/M use it on J/C, b/c L/M know that J/C are right behind them?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: April 27, 2009, 04:36:11 PM »
Only can use the U-Turn once.

But if you want to look further into CBS' description, perhaps the throwing under the bus means M/L used it on Jaime/Cara. In an insider clip this week, Cara says she and Jaime would have a tough time U-Turning M/L because they've become good friends with them. Is that foreshadowing to the program description? Does the Blind U-Turn throw out the U-Turn rules? That would make for some interesting TV if M/L got to use the U-Turn again.
Just here to visit.

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #110 on: April 27, 2009, 04:36:26 PM »
Which, actually brings up an interesting question. Are we sure that the 1 U-turn per team rule is in effect? I don't remember Phil saying that a team may only use the U-turn once in a race during the blind U-turn. Although I'd think that L/M would use it on J/K if they could and that J/K would use it on L/M, is it possible that L/M use it on J/C, b/c L/M know that J/C are right behind them?

THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT! Maybe Luke and Margie u-turned their "friends". It would have sucked though! However, I do think V/T are likely to U-turn J/C: look what happened after the roadblock, at the curb, in the previous leg when Jaime nearly got into a petty argument with Tammy.

Karma...

Also, I think a "blind U-turn" is not exactly considered a "U-turn".

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #111 on: April 27, 2009, 04:40:25 PM »
Phil said: this is the first of only 2 U-Turns found along the race course blah blah teams can use the power of the U-turn to slow down another team forcing them to back track yadda yadda .. but in a new twist this is whats known as a blind u-turn. Previously when teams forced another team to u-turn they had to post their own picture and be known as the perpetrators. Now they can remain anonymous.

(from EP4)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: April 27, 2009, 04:42:11 PM »
Only can use the U-Turn once.

But if you want to look further into CBS' description, perhaps the throwing under the bus means M/L used it on Jaime/Cara. In an insider clip this week, Cara says she and Jaime would have a tough time U-Turning M/L because they've become good friends with them. Is that foreshadowing to the program description? Does the Blind U-Turn throw out the U-Turn rules? That would make for some interesting TV if M/L got to use the U-Turn again.
Here's that clip I was talking about:

Keep what Cara said in the back of your mind. Unless Phil says M/L cannot use the U-Turn again, then everything is in play.

Maybe when Margie/Luke hit the U-Turn, Kisha/Jen are already ahead of them and to save themselves from elimination, M/L make the hard decision to U-Turn the reds.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 04:46:30 PM by TARAsia Fan »
Just here to visit.

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #113 on: April 27, 2009, 04:46:09 PM »
I think that video was taken in Guilin, not Beijing. Hmmm... Beijing is a metropolis, not a rural area. Correct me if I'm wrong. Or maybe it was taken at Beijing in the morning?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2009, 04:47:15 PM »
It was, but Cara & Jaime are not going to change their mind about Luke/Margie until they see the U-Turn.
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2009, 04:49:02 PM »
I think there is no way in hell that M/L could/would U-Turn Cara and Jamie. If anyone would I could see Tammy and Victor U-Turning them after the cab incident last night. T/V helped C/J by telling the driver where to go then it appeared Tammy tried to grab that driver and then Jamie snapped back "not gonna happen sister" ..then the comments by T/V in their cab how they helped them etc. Victor was a little annoyed that they were stiffed by C/J after telling  the driver where to go and Tammy comments that she does into a fight with Jamie that she scares her.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 04:53:13 PM by puddin »

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2009, 04:50:56 PM »
Maybe (just a speculation) that's why T/V are so far ahead in the Tokyo airport. They are too embarrassed to face C/J, assuming that C/J make it to the final three with T/V. However, at the moment, I don't think I'm going to trust the spoiler too much yet ;)

Haha, and no more mr. Nice guy could be:
1) A song by Alice Cooper
2) Victor saying that he isn't going to be "nice" to J/C anymore. Maybe he is the one who decides to u-turn them. (Then again, this is ALL speculation)
3) Or it could be Luke ditching his friends J/C.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 04:57:27 PM by jovian_w2002 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2009, 05:09:23 PM »
Maybe (just a speculation) that's why T/V are so far ahead in the Tokyo airport.

???  V/T, C/J. and M/L are all seen in the Tokyo airport by the source within a very small window of time. There is no evidence that I am aware of that suggests T/V are "so far ahead".

Here's a question:

Where does the U-Turn clue come from? Is it at the board where your pic is plastered?

Or does everyone have a clue in their packet for "just in case"??

In other words, if you are holding a U-Turn clue, are we SURE that makes you the one U-Turned??
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2009, 05:10:37 PM »
Maybe that's why they are so angry: they have to do another task. (Just a speculation, though)

why do I feel that the bus part should be interpreted literally?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2009, 05:15:58 PM »

Where does the U-Turn clue come from? Is it at the board where your pic is plastered?

In other words, if you are holding a U-Turn clue, are we SURE that makes you the one U-Turned??

Yeah, you're right. But it was all speculation. Furthermore, like I said earlier, the U-turn has to be in between the detour and the roadblock, and somehow, I have the feeling that the detour comes before the roadblock. (Tammy and Victor do not have make ups on as compared to the rest of the teams).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2009, 05:21:07 PM »

Yeah, you're right. But it was all speculation. Furthermore, like I said earlier, the U-turn has to be in between the detour and the roadblock, and somehow, I have the feeling that the detour comes before the roadblock. (Tammy and Victor do not have make ups on as compared to the rest of the teams).
Please stop it jovian and do your homework so that we don't have to do it for you :angel: think before you write, read the threads, make every post count. MAYBE TAMMY AND VICTOR CHOSE THE OTHER DETOUR OPTION AND THAT IS WHY THEY DO NOT WEAR MAKE UP AND THE OTHER TEAMS DO .........AT THE ROADBLOCK! It's already been noted!

Offline jovian_w2002

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2009, 05:25:02 PM »
Sorry, that was what I meant. They didn't have to wear make up because they were at another detour task. Ok, sorry..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 05:55:51 PM by jovian_w2002 »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2009, 05:56:17 PM »
What if Kisha & Jen U-turn Jaime & Cara but then end up last anyway? Just an idea. But I'm definitely going with Jaime & Cara or Kisha & Jen being U-turned.

This is not turning out the way I hoped. It's turning into the worst possible outcome just like every season I watched when it first aired. (:;)

Jaime & Cara must win if Kisha & Jen get eliminated.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #123 on: April 27, 2009, 06:20:53 PM »
I don't know why, but my gut says that J/C don't get eliminated because of the fact that CBS said that "they were fighting for a spot in the final three". It would sorta be anti-climatic if they got eliminated. And sorta lame. Also, what happened in those long hours from about 11 PM (well after J/C arrived at the "Halfway Point") to this episode. It's been about 12 hours and they don't really need to fly anywhere this leg. So what happened in these missing hours? Could it be a bunching point? Somewhere with Hours of Operations? (That's my 2 cents)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #124 on: April 27, 2009, 06:59:21 PM »
Right now, it seems like Tammy & Victor will survive and LaKisha & Jen will be Philiminated (which I wouldn't mind too much).  But I still think it's possible that Tammy & Victor are Philiminated instead.  We'll just have to wait and see.

Belle Book