Author Topic: Daughtry on Idol!!  (Read 3542 times)

Offline dawnd

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Daughtry Fan!
Daughtry on Idol!!
« on: May 01, 2009, 02:06:37 PM »
I assume you all know but Daughtry will perform next Wed on AI. Woo Hoo! I still love that guy like no other!  :hearts:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Daughtry on Idol!!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 02:18:06 PM »
I assume you all know but Daughtry will perform next Wed on AI. Woo Hoo! I still love that guy like no other!  :hearts:

I didn't know! Thanks dawnd for posting this.

Welcome to RFF!

:welcome: :welcome2: :welcome:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline dawnd

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Daughtry Fan!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 04:46:45 PM »
Sure thing! I adore him!  :flirt:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 08:08:03 PM »
Daughtry's 'Idol' Surprise!

Fans of Chris Daughtry won't want to miss next week's "American Idol" results show.

The former "Idol" contestant will debut "No Surprise" with his group Daughtry. The song is the first single off their yet-to-be-titled second album, which is scheduled to hit record stores on July 14.

"'American Idol' fans have been so loyal to this band, we wanted to give them the first listen to our new single," Daughtry said of the decision to premiere the song on "Idol."

The band's first record went quadruple platinum and included three No. 1 hits.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/73460/index.html
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:13:07 PM by RealityFreakWill »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 09:42:30 PM »
Thanks Will!  :-*

More news.  Guns N' Roses lead guitarist, Slash will mentor the remaining four Idol singers, results show will feature No Doubt and Daughtry.

Idol Takes On Rock Week with Slash, Daughtry and No Doubt

By ADAM BRYANT
TV GUIDE

Put up your devil horns — American Idol's Top 4 are about to rock.

Legendary Guns N' Roses lead guitarist Slash will guide the crooners through all things rock 'n' roll as the week's celebrity mentor. Slash, who's sold 100 million albums and earned seven Grammy nods for his various projects, is currently working on a solo album and with his current band, Velvet Revolver.

Once the Top 4 have put their spin on some rock classics, No Doubt and Daughtry will grace the stage to keep the fist-pumping energy going on results night. No Doubt is gearing up for a summer tour and putting the finishing touches on an album planned for 2010.

Source: http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/405717_idolblog30.html

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 11:35:18 PM »
OMG. I liked Chris Daughtry on his season. :wohoo:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 11:38:41 AM »
click on link below to view video

New Video: Daughtry Tunes Up for 'American Idol' Return

ET is inside Chris Daughtry's rehearsals for his highly anticipated return to "American Idol"! The former finalist tells us how he feels about the homecoming, and he also opens up about the passing of David Cook's brother.

On Wednesday night's "Idol" results show, Chris' band, Daughtry, band will debut its new single "No Surprise," off their upcoming album Leave This Town, which drops July 14.

"We knew ["No Surprise"] was going to be our first single," Chris tells ET. "But those fans, the 'American Idol' fans, have been so loyal to us, that we felt, what better a place to premiere it than in front of that audience."

Daughtry adds that he's amped about returning to the "Idol" stage, even if it has undergone a makeover since he last sang on it three years ago.

"It looks like they changed the stage a lot, so it's not going to be very familiar," the rocker says. "I think they even have a sweet staircase now, so maybe I'll enter on the staircase. … Skid down the railing."

Click the video to watch Chris offer his condolences to David Cook's family. Then, catch Daughtry performing "No Surprise" Wednesday night at 9 p.m. on FOX's "American Idol."

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/05/73614/index.html

Offline dawnd

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Daughtry Fan!
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 04:51:23 PM »
I am still a MAJOR Daughtry fan. His success shows that those with talent don;t have to win to make it. In fact, I think he did better  going with a band than if he had won and been a solo artist.!