Author Topic: American Idol Final 7 Performance Discussion  (Read 21112 times)

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Final 7 Performance Discussion
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2009, 12:38:48 PM »
omg they so would but then they would have the drama !! and simond could say i told u so..
i like danny i think that he needs to go home and regroup be for the tour he has been threw a lot and i don't no how but by the grace of god he is even sining at this point.. they have a gruling tour ahead of them and jmo i think danny is not bring his a game for a reason.

i did not love adam at frist but i started likeing him after i saw that utub of him in the ten commanemt's
tl i would love to here him sing nay thing by jimmy page or mick jagard just not satisfation again.

i would love it if matt would do steve wonder and play the paino..
lil she could do another donna summer song and blow up the place..
allison that kid can sing any thing i agree joab..

tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2009, 01:23:27 PM »
My ideal final three would be Allison, Adam and Matt. But it's not gonna happen. And I'm still very worried that Allison might get the lowest number of votes this week or the next! I'll be very sad that the save was used on Matt instead. Adam and Allison for final two!
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2009, 06:52:02 PM »
I'm not sure why Allison has hovered nearer the bottom than some of the others. She is memorable. I wonder if the kids will like her better now that Miley Cyrus says she's rooting for Allison.  (I should ask my granddaughters.)  ;)

Good suggestion for Matt, the only Stevie Wonder song he probably shouldn't sing is "Signed, Sealed, Delivered I'm Yours" He'd have to blow it out of the water. Ruben sang it and I think Fantasia sang it as well. (I just checked, Sanjaya sang it as well.) I wonder if Lil could pull it out... ???

Two more days and we'll know! I can't believe how fast the time is passing, Final 5 after Wednesday!  :ascared

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2009, 10:07:59 AM »
wow good detictive work TL  :tup: on the steve wonder song i hope that is not the only one they have to chose from??

i have been ove at the idol messasge boards yd and today looking at the amout of ppl commenting on the threads, it give u a good idea how ppl r voteing, any way adam has like 3000 post to danny who just brok 1000 kris is up there in the 900's i think , but i am thinking the tweens r voteing for adam, matt has a lot of post also but as far as the post adam has the most ,then anoop did not see that coming, then danny ,matt,kris, i for got the rest of the order, i will go over there and right it down later if i get a chance..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2009, 10:26:01 AM »
OK HERE IS THE POST RANKING'S OVER AT THE AI BOARD.

ADAM - 3,968

ANOOP - 1,596

MATT- 1,304

DANNY- 1,013

KRIS -679

ALLISON - 665

LIL - 308

this gives u an idea of there fan base also..

tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #30 on: April 20, 2009, 01:50:37 PM »
Good job Tory!  That's quite a wide margin!!!! I wouldn't have thought Anoop would be that high either. Poor Lil, unless she sings something truly special or VFTW pulls her up again, I don't see her lasting much longer.

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #31 on: April 20, 2009, 08:10:40 PM »
Those rankings are interesting.  I never would have guessed that would have been the order either, but I hope that it is right.  The way I see it anyway is that Matt will be around for another week after this one, as I think that he will get more votes because he was almost voted off last week and Lil will hopefully be gone.  She did seem like she could sing earlier, she has basically just had somewhat of an identity crisis ever since the finals began.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2009, 09:04:47 PM »
Those rankings are interesting.  I never would have guessed that would have been the order either, but I hope that it is right.  The way I see it anyway is that Matt will be around for another week after this one, as I think that he will get more votes because he was almost voted off last week and Lil will hopefully be gone.  She did seem like she could sing earlier, she has basically just had somewhat of an identity crisis ever since the finals began.
I agree, Lil did start out strong, but she's just been going downhill in my opinion.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2009, 02:13:52 PM »
A song spoiler for tonight: Anoop singing "Dim All the Lights". 

"Tonight on American Idol: It's DISCO week. I arranged the song for Anoop Desai: "Dim All the Lights". At 8:00pm on FOX."

Source: http://twitter.com/Chris_Walden/status/1576836553

If anyone finds more, please post them!!!  :tup:

ETA: Oopsie... He's taken his twitter page down or made it private.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 05:01:45 PM by TexasLady »

Offline GrandmawLily

• Sho2 BB updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2009, 05:54:42 PM »
Possible spoilers from someone's Twitter -  http://twitter.com/kthejohnster:

Matt - Cant get enough of your love
Allison - Knock on wood
Anoop - Dim all the lights
Adam - Funkytown
Lil - Last dance
Danny - Celebration
Kris - Saturday night

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »
GrandmawLily! Where have you been?  :<3

This will be a fun night, I hope these are the songs. Celebration would be a great up-tempo song for Danny. He needs to pick it up and have fun.

About 32 minutes till showtime!!  :wohoo:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2009, 08:11:53 PM »
Spoilers for the West Coast:

Lil Rounds: "I'm Every Woman"
Kris Allen: "She Works Hard for the Money"
Danny Gokey: September
Allison Iraheta: "Hot Stuff"
Adam Lambert: "If I Can't Have You"
Matt Giraud: "Staying Alive"
Anoop Desai: "Dim All the Lights"

Enjoy!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2009, 10:14:25 AM »
last night was intersting. i think kris was awsome, jmo that kid gets better every week, i think we r looking at a adam danny kris fanily :duno: i love love the way allison staterd her song on those stares that was soo cool, she sounde realy great also, i am thinking matt and lil r in trouble tonight jmo vocal wise, with anoop not far behind only bc of that last note. i am loveing kris and danny seemed to be way better emotionaly last night, jmo. i love what he did with that song but it was a little taylor hickie danceing toward the end, but i think dannys vocals blow taylor away. matt and danny both did the same thing on stage with the bk up singers so when matt sang it was like part 2 only a diff song and not as good vocaly, i realy think it is by by to matt and lil tonight, we will see!!!
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
American Idol Final 7 Performance Discussion (Week 2)
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2009, 12:54:08 PM »
Contestants boogie with Disco week! I thought it was a generally good night, several fantastic performances as well as a couple of not so good ones that can't be considered bad as well. The best top 7 ever, it's gonna be hard to predict who leaves.

Lil Rounds - I thought it was good but as usual, we didn't get to see Lil, the real Lil. She did showcase her powerhouse vocals, she did work the crowd but at this stage, I'm sorry, it has to be more than that. And I just knew Simon was gonna say what he said about this being her last performance. I kinda hope so. I love Lil but eight weeks now she hasn't delivered, and she sure isn't going to anymore.

Kris Allen - One of the contestants I was worried about prior to tonight's episode. But I loved his performance, it was original and a very smart decision. We gotta give Kris props for constantly coming up with terrific arrangements of songs. This is one talented guy and a part of me actually sees him in the final three with Danny and Adam.

Danny Gokey - We can't deny that he's got one of the best vocals of the competition. Pretty much flawless from beginning to end, incredible range, love his raspy voice but at the same time we have to admit, he's not showing much personality. He's becoming just a good singer with not much connection with the audience. Not that it matters, his fanbase is ever strong.

Allison Iraheta - Another one I was worried about but two words to sum up her performance. Hot stuff. Loved the way she started off sitting on the steps and all, that was awesome. Underdog definitely, she's delivering every week but I never stop worrying about her ending up in the bottom three, eventully getting eliminated.

Adam Lambert - Well I sure didn't expect him to do a slow number tonight but I loved it. I really felt the emotion, loved the tender vocals. Minus the drama at certain points and that unnecessary howling somewhere in the middle of the song. Overall, great.

Matt Giraud - I was already afraid for him when I heard of his song choice. It's a very popular song but, I don't know, it's a little corny to sing that on American Idol when you're supposed to impress the audience after being saved? That's what I feel. I expected him to nail it this week but I'm disappointed that he didn't. It wasn't bad but... A wrong song choice.

Anoop Desai - I didn't think it was his worst performance, but I didn't agree that it's as strong a performance as last week's. It was a pretty average delivery, a "just-there" kind of performance which is very dangerous.

My ranking:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Kris Allen
3. Allison Iraheta
4. Danny Gokey
5. Matt Giraud
6. Lil Rounds
7. Anoop Desai

Predicted bottom three / four: Lil, Anoop, Matt, Allison (hate to say this)

I'm hoping Lil and Anoop go. If Matt goes, uh, the producers can reconsider having the Save next season. If someone else with great potential (Allison) goes, the judges are gonna hang themselves and I'm gonna shoot the judges. That said, I'll just pray very hard that Allison survives. Won't need to worry about Adam, Matt probably will be alright and I won't bother about the rest.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2009, 08:19:42 PM »
^^Same thoughts as Ruth here. Although my ranking would look more something like this:

1. Kris
2. Allison
3. Adam
4. Danny
5. Matt
6. Anoop
7. Lil
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 09:16:19 PM »
WOW! I'll say more after the show airs on the West Coast. Over 45,000 votes last night!

Spoiler, highlight between the arrows: >>>> Lil first one out, boom right out of the box with the results. Anoop and Allison were also in the bottom 3. Anoop out, Allison safe. <<<<<

nightshade

« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2009, 02:56:24 AM »
American Idol's AWESOME! I like Kris!!!

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 23, 2009, 06:44:29 AM »
WOW! I'll say more after the show airs on the West Coast. Over 45,000 votes last night!

45,000? or 45,000,000??

LOL  :lol:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 06:48:14 AM »
Ruth and Raymond, you both got the bottom 2 right!  :tup: I thought Allison might go home last night but she survived to sing another week and Matt as well!  :yess:

I'm not sure just what happened to Lil, I know she can sing but why she didn't do better I just don't know. Poor thing, she sang on Tuesday with a sore throat after not being able to use her voice the day before, then last night Paula asks her why she didn't sing like that on Tuesday.  :res: It was time for her to go. She can find her own way now without having all the conflicting advice confusing her.

We're down to the final 5!

Welcome to RFF nightshade!   :welcome:

(ergon, I'm a doofus.. ) :funny:  There were a LOT of votes. LOL

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 07:11:55 AM »
Haha. I didn't have any doubts about Anoop. Lil I had some doubts with due to VFTW, but I still thought she was next.

PS: All six of my Top 13 faves made the Top 7. :wohoo: :jumpy:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2009, 11:03:12 AM »
i am so glade i was wrong and anoop went instead of matt.. i like anoop but i was never looking fw to his songs , matt does more intersting stuff, jmo i realy love kris more and more each week and danny i have allways liked..
adam has grown on me :ascared i for got anoop was the 13th wild card wow he has gone way fewther than i thought..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2009, 02:58:11 PM »
Phew! Very pleased with the results, Lil and Anoop are the two that totally should have gone. Not that they aren't talented but really, compared to the rest, they do pale in comparison. Lil hasn't been wow-ing us ever since the Top 13 started, and Anoop's strong weeks have only been creditted to the same genre of songs.

I actually thought that Allison would go, cos there are always surprises to the show. What's more Ryan said at the beginning of the show that the results were "dramatic". Thankfully she's safe! Also, I thought there would be a chance that Lil could be safe this episode due to Simon's cutting comment last night which could have driven her fans to vote like mad. But well, her time was really up.

And now we're down to five. It's really, really hard to say who goes next. Adam and Danny are still untouchable IMO, Matt will probably do very well next week and be safe, so we're down to Kris or Allison. Ah, this is gonna be way too exciting!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2009, 07:06:27 PM »
I'm happy with the results. I do think Allison has to do something really special to stay and I don't see it happening.

Next week's theme is standards made famous by the "Rat Pack," Sammy Davis Jr, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin. I can see Matt and Adam doing well with this theme.

Taylor Hicks will perform his new recording: "Seven Mile Breakdown" for the results show but I'm not sure if will air on Wednesday or pushed to Thursday because of the President's press conference on Wednesday night, 8 PM EDT.

Offline Jetgabriel

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Pamella and Vanessa for the win!
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2009, 08:10:07 AM »
I'm glad Anoop is gone. No offense, but I didn't like him. I hope Gokey gets the boot next. I don't get him.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2009, 08:24:52 AM »
Right now, I don't want a finale I can spot MILES away, so I'm basically hoping that Danny is next (since he's the more removable among him & Adam), and I secretly hope for a Kris/Allison Final 2.
I'm baaaaaack!