Author Topic: Is Simon Cowell Leaving American Idol?  (Read 6666 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Is Simon Cowell Leaving American Idol?
« on: April 12, 2009, 12:42:59 PM »
There are many rumors going round the internet about Cowell leaving American Idol. Here's the quote from the UK's Mirror that most sites are using to speculate about him leaving. (There are rumors about Paula leaving as well.)

Sir Simon Cowell? My chances of getting knighted are ZERO after royal row

By Mark Jefferies
11/04/2009

Simon Cowell on the credit crunch, royalty and his love life

Excerpt...

However, he admits that even he cannot keep up his hectic workload for too much longer. “I don’t want to come over as whiney because I am very grateful that I have got these jobs,” he says.

“But there is a point where I am not sure we can keep this schedule up. It takes longer and longer to make these shows because you have to put more into them, and I am not sure we can sustain me doing three shows a year, with the record label and the TV production company.

“Most people do one show a year and I do three and they involve a lot of travelling. One may have to go. I don’t know which one. That is the problem, I like all of them. I can’t imagine not doing Britain’s Got Talent and I can’t imagine not doing X Factor. But I guess America is more likely to go because I have got one year under contract. Maybe that will be the end.”

As one door closes, another one opens... he reveals there could be something different in the TV pipeline next year.

“Yes, I have got one idea to launch a big new show next year,” he says. “But can I tell you what it is? Absolutely not.”

Read the rest of the article here: http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/04/11/sir-simon-cowell-my-chances-of-getting-knighted-are-zero-after-royal-row-115875-21269924/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 03:42:41 PM by TexasLady »
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Is Simon Cowell Leaving American Idol?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 12:44:26 PM »
I honestly don't think I'd want to watch if he left the show. He keeps it real.  :(

Online RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 08:29:06 AM »
Simon Cowell may leave ‘American Idol’
Hard-nosed judge says his three shows require too much travel

Every week, millions of viewers tune in to “American Idol” to hear what Simon Cowell has to say — but according to the Mirror, the no-nonsense judge may be planning on leaving the show.

“Most people do one show a year and I do three and they involve a lot of traveling. One may have to go,” Cowell, 49, told the paper on Saturday. “I don’t know which one. That is the problem, I like all of them. I can’t imagine not doing ‘Britain’s Got Talent’ and I can’t imagine not doing ‘X Factor.’ But I guess America is more likely to go because I have got one year under contract. Maybe that will be the end.”

According to the paper, Cowell may make four transatlantic flights a week during the summer to keep up with “American Idol” and his two British shows, “X Factor” and “Britain’s Got Talent,” in which he also serves as a judge.

“I don’t want to come over as whiney because I am very grateful that I have got these jobs,” he said. “But there is a point where I am not sure we can keep this schedule up. It takes longer and longer to make these shows because you have to put more into them, and I am not sure we can sustain me doing three shows a year, with the record label and the TV production company.”

In addition, Cowell added that he’s launching a “big new show next year,” though he said details are top-secret.

As for a social life, the “Idol” judge said his busy schedule doesn’t leave him with much time to date following his split with longtime girlfriend Terri Seymour.

“Have I got a black book?” he laughed. “Yes, it’s called a mobile phone. I do get offers. There is no shortage of people if you want to go on dates — working in TV, living in LA, it is there if you want it. But I am enjoying hanging out with my friends. I haven’t had time to go on dates.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30183957/

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 12:25:08 PM »
Gosh... What will the show be without Cowell? =(
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 12:32:55 PM »
I wonder if they would get a replacement judge, or if they would stay with three judges again.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 12:40:07 PM »
American Idol is dead without Simon....period

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 09:49:33 AM »
i agree , rob... :dontgo:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline xroadsempress

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2009, 12:20:06 PM »
Even though Simon is like that, I mean...frank, sarcastic, ironic and everything in between, I wouldn't like him to leave. What is AI without him? It wouldn't be the same ever.  :( I learned to love Simon and his wit.

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »
AI is nothing without Simon as he is the only judge who says anything of importance.  If you notice when Randy goes after Simon he now agrees with everything that he has to say but when Randy is the first judge to speak his comments generally differ from Simon's.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2009, 09:27:01 PM »
American Idol would be nothing without Simon. Guess they better increase his pay. LOL! :funny:

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2009, 09:29:26 PM »
American Idol would be nothing without Simon. Guess they better increase his pay. LOL! :funny:

I agree, big time increase! LOL

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2009, 12:45:01 PM »
i think he own's part of the show?? he owns a pice of every thing. i saw an interview with him like a yr ago , he is a very smart busness man. he own's part of the show and the record company that sign's the idols he gets a pice of every one pie..his words...
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 08:02:18 PM »
I think he also had a part in creating it, that is why he is a judge, so he probably gets paid on the backend on the repeats that they now air on the weekends of previous season.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 08:19:11 PM »
Hi sass!!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2009, 10:18:28 AM »
yea he has his hand in all the pot's.. but i did here that paula's contract is up this year?? i wonder if they were groming kara to take her spot next yr, i hope not i love paula, she has toned down the weird ness this yr but i like that about her she was not a robot, jmo i like the relationship between her and simond, who else could he say i don't understand a word she just said to??
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline sass

• Big Brother Updaters
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 06:19:56 PM »
Hi Peach :waves: 

I believe I read somewhere that Paula's contract is up there year, but I highly doubt that she will leave the show as she makes too much money from it.

It has also been speculated that the reason the producers brought Kara in this year was that she was going to possibly be the replacement for Paula.  However, I feel that most of the viewing public, including myself, can't stand Kara and that this experiment won't work out.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2009, 06:34:01 PM »
Hi Peach :waves: 

I believe I read somewhere that Paula's contract is up there year, but I highly doubt that she will leave the show as she makes too much money from it.

It has also been speculated that the reason the producers brought Kara in this year was that she was going to possibly be the replacement for Paula.  However, I feel that most of the viewing public, including myself, can't stand Kara and that this experiment won't work out.
I agree with you sass.  I find it pointless that Kara came in this season.  If Simon was gone, and we had Randy, Paula, and Kara it just wouldn't seem as entertaining and original.