Author Topic: EP8 (4/12):"Rooting Around in People's Mouths Could Be Unpleasant (Thailand)"  (Read 103276 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Who said the title this week? I missed it!?!?
Phil did! :jumpy:
I guess some of our speculation was correct!
 :jumpy:

That was amazing! I can't believe it was really Phil! :lol:

Ruth, if you look up at the Additional Information paper the teams got, it said that teams could only settle their transaction with the cab driver with money. I don't know if it was only on this leg, but if it was, it was a sad coincidence for Mark & Michael, who now appear to have no hope. :(
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member

Ruth, if you look up at the Additional Information paper the teams got, it said that teams could only settle their transaction with the cab driver with money. I don't know if it was only on this leg, but if it was, it was a sad coincidence for Mark & Michael, who now appear to have no hope. :(

Someone said it was a standard amazing race rule and it actually makes sense.  Using things that you have brought with you to the race as barter is unfair - it puts teams on a unequal footing when it comes to how they can handle the stipend that they are given for each leg.  However, you can giveaway / barter things that you have PURCHASED with any leftover money from previous legs.

Susan

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Someone said it was a standard amazing race rule and it actually makes sense.  Using things that you have brought with you to the race as barter is unfair - it puts teams on a unequal footing when it comes to how they can handle the stipend that they are given for each leg.  However, you can giveaway / barter things that you have PURCHASED with any leftover money from previous legs.

Susan

Like the one purchased by DanDrew, they could exchange their shoes that was bought from Kazakhstan, but for M/M, they used their PERSONAL things. 
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
redskinskevin88,

I have visited your blog. My reply to it is Mark/Michael will be 3 hours 10 minutes behind Kisha/Jen and maybe 5 hours behind Margie/Luke. However, that has little significance. All that matters is can they make the same flight combination to Guilin. I don't think so. The impact of that is that they could arrive 5 hours later than the other teams, but for unknown reasons (probably availability) they arrive 9 hours later. They could not make up either one unless there is an hours of operation for overnight, which is not possible with the pits stop reports of being open after midnight.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 07:10:11 AM by apskip »

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Susan

Like the one purchased by DanDrew, they could exchange their shoes that was bought from Kazakhstan, but for M/M, they used their PERSONAL things. 

But wouldn't Dandrew's shoes be considered their personal belongings too? They did buy them.

And why would that rule be written in the Additional Information if it was a common race rule the teams already knew about? The producers wouldn't give them the whole Race rulebook every leg for reference! :lol:
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Susan

But wouldn't Dandrew's shoes be considered their personal belongings too? They did buy them.

And why would that rule be written in the Additional Information if it was a common race rule the teams already knew about? The producers wouldn't give them the whole Race rulebook every leg for reference! :lol:

I think for me, the word PERSONAL means bought by the person using the person's money with the person's will and not need. Dandrew used the race money, right? It doesn't me you buy something its your personal belonging.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Susan

I think for me, the word PERSONAL means bought by the person using the person's money with the person's will and not need. Dandrew used the race money, right? It doesn't me you buy something its your personal belonging.

Yeah, Dandrew did use race money, so I guess it's not personal. But I still don't think the teams need to have that rule on their Additional Information every leg. They are told the rules at the beginning, so I'm sure they know them.

I think it was just a case of Mark & Michael misreading or just plain missing it. Who can blame the teams for missing details when they are in this kind of a competition?