Author Topic: TAR14 EP10: Having a Baby’s Gotta Be Easier Than This (China)  (Read 115857 times)

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
Re: TAR14 EP10: Having a Baby’s Gotta Be Easier Than This (China)
« Reply #175 on: April 26, 2009, 07:13:41 AM »
Mooyou above stated:
Just an observation... if the last team checking in at this NEL point gets eliminated the next leg, ALL speed bumps this leg eliminated all those who used it...

Mooyou, perhaps it has scaped your notice that ALL teams getting the Speed Bump start the next leg in last place. Geting out of last place typically requires a more than 30 minute gain since Speed Bumps usually are about 30 minutes including transportation.

What I meant was all the teams spared by a non elimination leg got eliminated in their next leg when they had to do the Speed Bump. S13 saw Ken and Tina and Dandrew escape the horrors of the Speed Bump, while S12 had TK and Rachel escaping it and eventually winning. Sorry for the misinformation...

And yeah, all teams who actually survived their leg with a speedbump ended up in first, second or third place and gets to complete the whole race even.

If that is what will happen, then in future seasons, we can know who'll be in the final 3. :lol: jk
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #176 on: April 26, 2009, 07:28:59 AM »
CBS seems to be "winning" this episode so far.  Where are Tammy & Victor?

I wonder how CBS decides how to promote an episode?  Let's show scenery.  Let's show the team in the most trouble.  Let's show Phil ...  Do you suppose they have someone(s) read this board and advise them?

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #177 on: April 26, 2009, 07:34:19 AM »
Off Topic: It would be cool if the team that finishes last this leg and, assuming it's an NEL, does a Speed Bump either: a) finishes last the next leg (following the other NELs this season) or b) finishes 2nd the next leg (following the F4 NELs with Speed Bumps).

On Topic: What gives?! It's around 12 hours until show time & still no Tammy/Victor in previews.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #178 on: April 26, 2009, 07:38:38 AM »

And I also think that Ron and Chris also had that edit during the last few legs of the race... we almost saw none of them too in previews... Also remember the spoiler that they do not make it to Taiwan or they're hopelessly last? It's kinda unbelievable in itself that an Asian team, who have been to specifically that place, know the language, Chinese by blood, screw up so badly in a leg like that while others who I suppose will have a lot of communication problems get ahead of them... They do have the edge, just like R/C...

Knowing the language does not matter if your taxi driver does not know how to get to the next clue box.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #179 on: April 26, 2009, 09:00:58 AM »
Then all of the teams who are in an Australian leg should have an advantage because they all speak English. You can speak Mandarin all you want, but if you don't know the landscape, you're still at a disadvantage because you have to find out where you're going and it either depends on your sense of direction or your cab driver.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #180 on: April 26, 2009, 10:11:56 AM »
So I was trying to find out the store hours for the foot massage place thing, thinking Hours of Op....but according to this blog they are 24 hour facilities? :groan:

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20041023.LOTUS23/TPStory/specialTravel

So we see Margie/Luke in the dark (taxi) post swimming looking happy about how they did, we can assume the foot massage is also at night...

So I don't see anyway to determine whether the RB or Detour is first with the info we have, other than trying to analyze wet hair/makeup, is that correct? ???
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #181 on: April 26, 2009, 10:24:37 AM »
I know I may sound like a broken record but... regarding the speculation that T/V were seen traveling with Phil & BVM...how reliable is the source?  Combine that with the fact that NO T/V seen in the previews is it possible that CBS is trying to hoodwink us? 
CBS does pay attention to these forums.  In other forums during other shows, it has been highly speculated that CBS has indeed been following the posts.  Since RFF is the BEST hands down when it comes to TAR, it would make sense that this is the forum they'd watch.  Is it possible we were fed false info regarding the flight sightings in the last leg?
Something is up.  How do T/V go from seconds out of first place to possibly the next eliminated?  Something big must have happened.  And if that were the case, why no preview, such as with K/J and the "water issues".  You'd think they'd be promoting the heck out of it.
Just MHO and speculations!   :res:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #182 on: April 26, 2009, 10:24:45 AM »
On Topic: What gives?! It's around 12 hours until show time & still no Tammy/Victor in previews.

Maybe, just maybe, they didn't make anything interesting or worthy of previewing?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #183 on: April 26, 2009, 10:35:11 AM »
Does anyone know if it's alright to be getting foot massages before or after swimming/diving/being in the water? Or it doesn't matter? That might be a clue on whether the roadblock or detour comes first.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #184 on: April 26, 2009, 11:01:47 AM »
Does anyone know if it's alright to be getting foot massages before or after swimming/diving/being in the water? Or it doesn't matter? That might be a clue on whether the roadblock or detour comes first.

Personally, I think it would be better to get the type of foot massages I think the teams will be getting after the Detour.  If the foot massages are painful enough for Cara to say that having a baby's gotta be easier, then I'd rather have the Detour out of the way before getting to the Roadblock.

Belle Book

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #185 on: April 26, 2009, 11:07:31 AM »
I know I may sound like a broken record but... regarding the speculation that T/V were seen traveling with Phil & BVM...how reliable is the source?  Combine that with the fact that NO T/V seen in the previews is it possible that CBS is trying to hoodwink us? 
CBS does pay attention to these forums.  In other forums during other shows, it has been highly speculated that CBS has indeed been following the posts.  Since RFF is the BEST hands down when it comes to TAR, it would make sense that this is the forum they'd watch.  Is it possible we were fed false info regarding the flight sightings in the last leg?
Something is up.  How do T/V go from seconds out of first place to possibly the next eliminated?  Something big must have happened.  And if that were the case, why no preview, such as with K/J and the "water issues".  You'd think they'd be promoting the heck out of it.
Just MHO and speculations!   :res:

I have no idea whether a sinister plot from CBS is happening (although I think not), but I do know that RFF requires inside information from CBS each week to fully anticipate an episode. When CBS elects to withhold some, as is their right anytime, it sure does throw this forum into a tizzy!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #186 on: April 26, 2009, 11:09:03 AM »
how reliable is the source?  

Is it possible we were fed false info regarding the flight sightings in the last leg?

Something is up.  How do T/V go from seconds out of first place to possibly the next eliminated? 

how reliable is the source?   >>very, in my opinion

Is it possible we were fed false info regarding the flight sightings in the last leg? >>Considering the enormous effort it took me to track down the source and then get this info, then IMO, no way.

And medically speaking, I can think of no reason why either foot massages or swimming would need to either precede or follow the other.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #187 on: April 26, 2009, 11:30:48 AM »

I have no idea whether a sinister plot from CBS is happening (although I think not), but I do know that RFF requires inside information from CBS each week to fully anticipate an episode. When CBS elects to withhold some, as is their right anytime, it sure does throw this forum into a tizzy!

By inside info, I trust that you are referring ONLY to the promos and previews, right? Because, just to be very clear here,  RFF is certainly NOT given any "inside info from CBS" other than that which is released via mainstream media.

RFF works hard for what we get  :yess:, and I am very very proud of our  Detective  team!! I love TAR with a passion, and the "detecting" to fill in the gaps is an enormous part of the fun.

So yes we strongly suspect that CBS/WRP reads us, but no info from them has EVER been fed to RFF or a Detective, to the very best of my knowledge. It is the detailed, precise, timeconsuming analysis done in all the areas, from flights to hours reseaching locations/photos to screencap analysis to shadow estimations to tracking down sources and convincing them to share, that gives birth to our spoiler info...it is truly a labor of love for those of us with a passion for the show. Now do they base their promos on spoiler info? Have no earthly idea.

Just saying.... [/rant]

And now I am the one who is WAY :ot:   :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: April 26, 2009, 11:37:55 AM »
So I was trying to find out the store hours for the foot massage place thing, thinking Hours of Op....but according to this blog they are 24 hour facilities?

My parents love to use those places as cheap hotels! You pay for three hours of massage, and they let you lie there on the bed (in a private room) the entire evening.

Also, some of most of these places double as prostitution dens, which could explain the 24h business...

I can say that the Tokyo spoiler is technically legit. The airlines, terminals they fly into, timings and geographical locations within the airport, all hold up very well. I don't think that anyone making this up could have got all of it correct.

Offline littlewop

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #189 on: April 26, 2009, 11:51:45 AM »

Is it possible we were fed false info regarding the flight sightings in the last leg?

Something is up.  How do T/V go from seconds out of first place to possibly the next eliminated? 

Is it possible we were fed false info regarding the flight sightings in the last leg? >>Considering the enormous effort it took me to track down the source and then get this info, then IMO, no way.

And medically speaking, I can think of no reason why either foot massages or swimming would need to either precede or follow the other.

Thanks Peach!  I was hoping the info was wrong, but I figured you guys would make sure the info was accurate before passing it along.  You guys do an amazing job tracking down this info!  I for one appreciate it very much!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #190 on: April 26, 2009, 12:06:24 PM »

Thanks Peach!  I was hoping the info was wrong, but I figured you guys would make sure the info was accurate before passing it along.  You guys do an amazing job tracking down this info!  I for one appreciate it very much!

:ghug:

What can I say, it is a passion and an obsession!  :-[ :funny: As well as the most fun ever!! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #191 on: April 26, 2009, 12:11:07 PM »
In the LA Times today they had a small blurb on tonight's episode.  There is a picture of Tammy and Victor running.  Have we seen this picture of them before?  I've racked my brain trying to recall if this was from a previous episode but I can't place it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #192 on: April 26, 2009, 12:15:03 PM »
just butting in here, playing my videos back  :lol:

Jen & Kisha at slot 2? does that mean they are second to arrive at the pool? Don't know if it matters since Jen appears to hold them up at some point.

Margie at slot 3?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #193 on: April 26, 2009, 12:15:59 PM »
In the LA Times today they had a small blurb on tonight's episode.  There is a picture of Tammy and Victor running.  Have we seen this picture of them before?  I've racked my brain trying to recall if this was from a previous episode but I can't place it.

Thanks Colby! That photo is from EP9 btw

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #194 on: April 26, 2009, 12:18:23 PM »
Maybe thats Luke in the pool...as Margie dives

Offline anon1akacolby

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #195 on: April 26, 2009, 12:25:26 PM »
Thanks Colby! That photo is from EP9 btw

Darn!  I was hoping it was a missing pic of Tammy & Victor from today's episode. 

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #196 on: April 26, 2009, 12:27:24 PM »
Some of you think the detour option is dive or swim?

vest/cap on vest/cap off

It's 2 seperate pools

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #197 on: April 26, 2009, 12:32:43 PM »
Theres Margie watching Luke for the footy, I can't tell if she is wet.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2009, 12:38:29 PM by puddin »

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #198 on: April 26, 2009, 12:36:11 PM »
Some of you think the detour option is dive or swim?

vest/cap on vest/cap off

It's 2 seperate pools

Wouldn't it make sense to have a different pool for swimming and diving though?

I think that's what they usually do because they need to make the diving pool deeper (Somebody else probably knows more on this subject than I do.)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #199 on: April 26, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »
The girls wear caps to its hard to say if wet or not