Author Topic: Ep#8: Which team is just as dead as Shoeless Joe Johnson (I had nothing)  (Read 12248 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
1.  Could CBS give us any less for waiting an extra week?

2.  Do the other teams know what Mark & Michael did to get their penalty?

3.  Who do you think wins leg #8?

4.  Which team (s) leave their shoes or passports?

5.  How do you like the new credits with new scenes getting added?

6.  Is this when we really see some conflict drama or is CBS making a mountain out of a molehill?

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
1.  Could CBS give us any less for waiting an extra week? No.

2.  Do the other teams know what Mark & Michael did to get their penalty? Yes, they tell the others.

3.  Who do you think wins leg #8? Tammy & Older Anal Retentive Sibling  :funny: :funny:

4.  Which team (s) leave their shoes or passports? Cheaters never win & Team Keep the Dream Alive I love these names, mswood!!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

5.  How do you like the new credits with new scenes getting added? They're ok.

6.  Is this when we really see some conflict drama or is CBS making a mountain out of a molehill? I wish we had more conflict, but we're seeing more at Elimination Station. Short answer: CBS is making it up.
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
1.  Could CBS give us any less for waiting an extra week?  Apparently not.

2.  Do the other teams know what Mark & Michael did to get their penalty?  They probably might after they reach the Pit Stop.

3.  Who do you think wins leg #8?  Tammy & Victor continue making the first-place finishes total anticlimaxes.

4.  Which team (s) leave their shoes or passports?  Mark & Michael, Kisha & Jen, Margie & Luke, and perhaps (though I hope not) Jaime & Cara.  The only team I think will be careful enough is Tammy & Victor, since heaven knows they've been the most careful team.

5.  How do you like the new credits with new scenes getting added?  I love it.  Nice callback to TAR1's action shots in the opening.

6.  Is this when we really see some conflict drama or is CBS making a mountain out of a molehill?  I think it finally crops up.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

DavidJunior

guh, this has been one of the most uneventful weeks in the past couple months for me (which is really kinda sad that i don't have much else going on outside of TAR...)

i think its nearly impossible for them not to, they do have at least 12 hours to eat, sleep, and mingle...

gonna go with a suprise team and say Cara/Jaime

Mark/Michael for sure, but also Kisha/Jen and maybe one other team

they're pretty much totally awesome

6.  Is this when we really see some conflict drama or is CBS making a mountain out of a molehill?
finally, some good old fashion conflict! i absolutely love when there is a big conflict on the race

and i thought it was shoeless joe jackson...

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
1.  Could CBS give us any less for waiting an extra week?

- Sadly No.

2.  Do the other teams know what Mark & Michael did to get their penalty?

- Yes, there are two witnesses already. Cara/Jaime would obviously spill the beans out to Margie and Luke.

3.  Who do you think wins leg #8?

- Tammy/Vic! They're the only ones whom I can see winning the rest of the race actually - unless nature kills their luck. C/J slips to second, the rest are random

4.  Which team (s) leave their shoes or passports?

- Everyone except Tammy/Vic... they're OC, unless they get creeped out by Thai Ladyboys.

5.  How do you like the new credits with new scenes getting added?

ZOMG. Best TAR INTRO EVER!

6.  Is this when we really see some conflict drama or is CBS making a mountain out of a molehill?

- They should provide a 30 minute to an hour's worth of Big Bro... I mean Elimination Station every week to see the real conflict. ES should be aired evry freakin day!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
1.  Could CBS give us any less for waiting an extra week? I don't really understand the question, so no..?

2.  Do the other teams know what Mark & Michael did to get their penalty? They'll get told one way or another, probably between legs.

3.  Who do you think wins leg #8? My heart says Kisha and Jen, but my head says Tammy and Victor

4.  Which team (s) leave their shoes or passports? Mark and Mike, whats going to happen will be sort of like a reverse of the season five F/F culling. It's already begun.

5.  How do you like the new credits with new scenes getting added? Nice improvement on the idea we saw in season 1

6.  Is this when we really see some conflict drama or is CBS making a mountain out of a molehill? To quote Joe and Bill "This race has been one giant love fest." I can't really see that changing anytime soon.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
When I think of conflict and teams getting along I always think of season 9.  Boy that was the biggest happiest lovefest ever, but what in leg 8 or 9 boy did that change and people started hated each other left and right.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Your crazy mswood, thats why we love you and love your polls  :yess:  :hearts:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
When I think of conflict and teams getting along I always think of season 9.  Boy that was the biggest happiest lovefest ever, but what in leg 8 or 9 boy did that change and people started hated each other left and right.
I think TAR14 beats that, though.  Everyone seems to be generally getting along this season, too, and even better than they did in TAR9.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
1.  Could CBS give us any less for waiting an extra week? Why does CBS owe us anything? They have been overly generous in the past.

2.  Do the other teams know what Mark & Michael did to get their penalty? Those things get talked about by the production staff, so I am pretty sure that the racers hear it.

3.  Who do you think wins leg #8? Cara/Jaime

4.  Which team (s) leave their shoes or passports? I will go with Mark/Michael, because it puts them behind and is the reason for their late arrival into Guilin the following leg after NEL in Bangkok.

5.  How do you like the new credits with new scenes getting added? I like them.

6.  Is this when we really see some conflict drama or is CBS making a mountain out of a molehill? Reality shows are infamous for creating conflict that isn't really there. They think they have to do something to stir up antagonisms that the viewers see. There is so much footage shot and the production staff is always asking teams their view of other teams that it is not hard to take something out of context. This is part of what editors are paid to do.

Offline Kevin

• RFF Newbie
Hi guys! I'm new here! didn't think such a common login name hadn't been registered yet  :lol:

1.  Could CBS give us any less for waiting an extra week? No  :(

2.  Do the other teams know what Mark & Michael did to get their penalty? I think so; some teams arrived within their penalty right?

3.  Who do you think wins leg #8? Tammy/Victor... Are they Chinese? Never heard of a surname 'Jih'

4.  Which team (s) leave their shoes or passports? The cheaters :jumpy:

5.  How do you like the new credits with new scenes getting added? Great ones! We need change

6.  Is this when we really see some conflict drama or is CBS making a mountain out of a molehill? Well they can't show something the racers didn't do, so I say the dramas are partly true

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

3.  Who do you think wins leg #8? Tammy/Victor... Are they Chinese? Never heard of a surname 'Jih'

Welcome to RFF Kevin!  :jumpy: :hearts:

Yes, T/V are Chinese-Americans, they've quite said that in almost every episode. Don't worry, Most of us never heard of that surname as well before we got to know the racers this season.
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I have heard the "Jih" surname before.
Just here to visit.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
I have heard the "Jih" surname before.

I've heard "Jhi" as a first name before, while we're in that kettle of fish.

And for topic stayonitivness, I thought Kisha and Jen were going all the way since day one. No third out for them!

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
How about?

Ep. #8 : Which team bites it?

Continues the dentistry theme...

Wasn't it Shoeless Joe Jackson BTW?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
I do wish they game us more, but yes they have been generous.
Yes
Margie and Luke
Mark and Michael and Cara and Jaime
I do like how they slowly change it, instead of giving it away like season 1.
CBS is overeacting.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
1.  Could CBS give us any less for waiting an extra week? Nope.

2.  Do the other teams know what Mark & Michael did to get their penalty? Yep, they will all talk at the Pit Stop.

3.  Who do you think wins leg #8? Tammy & Victor

4.  Which team(s) leave their shoes or passports? Mark & Michael and Kisha & Jen.

5.  How do you like the new credits with new scenes getting added? It kind of annoys me. Some teams aren't getting theirs changed.

6.  Is this when we really see some conflict drama or is CBS making a mountain out of a molehill? Mountains are sky high! (I'm guessing. I don't know what this is referring to.)
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
It kind of annoys me. Some teams aren't getting theirs changed.
Why bother with the teams who aren't even there anymore?
Jamison

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
1.  Could CBS give us any less for waiting an extra week?  I think so.

2.  Do the other teams know what Mark & Michael did to get their penalty?  Tammy & Victor and Cara & Jamie probably already know, and I'm certain Cara & Jamie will tell Margie & Luke.  I'm thinking LaKisha & Jen will also learn the truth.

3.  Who do you think wins leg #8?  Cara & Jamie (I hope).

4.  Which team (s) leave their shoes or passports?  Mark & Michael and LaKisha & Jen.

5.  How do you like the new credits with new scenes getting added?  I like it!

6.  Is this when we really see some conflict drama or is CBS making a mountain out of a molehill?  Yeah, although CBS could be making a mountain out of a molehill again.

Belle Book

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."

I was referring to teams still in. Some of them have scenes from legs 1 and 2 still!
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Acoustic

• RFF Jr. Member
1.  Could CBS give us any less for waiting an extra week? no

2.  Do the other teams know what Mark & Michael did to get their penalty? yes

3.  Who do you think wins leg #8? Tammy and Victor

4.  Which team (s) leave their shoes or passports? Kisha and Jen shoes... Mike and Mark Passports

5.  How do you like the new credits with new scenes getting added? its good

6.  Is this when we really see some conflict drama or is CBS making a mountain out of a molehill? this episode does not seem to have too much conflict

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster

I was referring to teams still in. Some of them have scenes from legs 1 and 2 still!

I pray that it means they don't make the end. (of the Final 5, only Tammy/Victor & Mark/Mike haven't had theirs changed)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
And They Kept the Dream Alive!
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
And They Kept the Dream Alive!

While Cheaters Still Never Win!   :lol:

Belle Book

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
Jaime is still Foreigner Hater, Victor's still Anal Retentive Sibling & Margie's still Bionic Woman, so the poll should be like this for next week. :lol:
I'm baaaaaack!