Author Topic: TAR CON 14?  (Read 3766 times)

Offline Max

• RFF Not So Newbie
TAR CON 14?
« on: April 05, 2009, 01:40:52 PM »
I haven't seen any discussion about TAR CON 14.  Have I just missed it somewhere? :duno:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR CON 14?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 02:52:22 PM »
Official info has not been released yet, Max...so stay tuned!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 04:02:21 PM »
Yup. Nothing new. When one of us hears about it, you'll see us talking about it.
Just here to visit.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Nothing is more valid than my avatar. JMO
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2009, 06:01:29 AM »
Oh how times have changed...in the past people started talking about it already!
Every reality star is someone's favorite

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 06:35:59 AM »
I know. I guess the regular organizers are dragging their feet this season.
Just here to visit.

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2009, 06:16:45 AM »
Semi-related note: The NY Rangers are on life-support.  My guess (and wishful) thinking is that they're waiting for the surprising bubble team to officially be eliminated from NHL playoff contention.  In other words, Lantern7 mentioned that possibility (and I've noticed myself) so that Play-By-Play at MSG would become available early enough for the first time in four years (coincidentally, it was May 10, 2005).  However, if the organizers needed to get that going, and New York was still in the hunt, then no PBP.

Having said that, it'll be any moment before that possibility is shot down, which means back to Stitch, but that's likely not the reason why anything hasn't been said about TARCON.  Anyway, as mentioned, the info typically surfaces around a month before the event.  I'd say give it a week or two (since this time 5 weeks from now people will be back home from New York).  Until then, back to my busy life, and more important, immediate things that I've fallen behind on and need to play catch-up on!

Winning isn't everything, but it isn't considered nothing either. Otherwise, there wouldn't be a tribal council, a pit-stop, a boardroom, dimming of the lights, and so on

Offline Mister RC

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • Follow Me Please!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »
If any of our RFF members are planning to be in NYC for the TAR Finale weekend, and have not let me know that yet, please do so I can keep you in the loop on planned events.

Thanks!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2009, 04:08:40 PM »
You and I will be in touch, peach! :)
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2009, 06:20:55 PM »
I think I'm going to have to retract that. It looks now that I will not be able to attend TARCon XIV this year breaking my two TARCons streak. I hope it will change, but as of right now, I'm out of TARCon.
Just here to visit.