Author Topic: Episode 7: live show updates and commentary with 17 minute NCAA overtime delay  (Read 42133 times)

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Question is that a Fast Forward clue in one of the images with Jaime & Cara and the Tiger?

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
Here's my opinion on the teams:

Tammy & Victor -- great job!  You really recovered from your meltdown in the third leg and are working together much better.

Cara & Jamie -- Jamie, you need to be more patient and to do better with the locals.  At least you have Cara to keep you calm and you two work together well.

Mark & Michael -- idiots, at least for the taxi bit.  With the sabotage bit, you're worse than idiots -- you're a little too cutthroat!  Don't ever do that again!

Margie & Luke -- maybe you should've put a hat on like Victor did, Margie.  I hope you recover nicely from the heat exhaustion or heatstroke incident.

LaKisha & Jen -- I guess the 2 Miles Detour was the better choice.  That said, you did well enough to avoid Philimination.

Mel & Mike -- I'm sorry you're gone, but you really screwed up badly.  If you had gotten help sooner or realized you were in the wrong place sooner, you'd still be here.

Love:  Tammy & Victor, Margie & Luke and Cara.
Like:  LaKisha & Jen.
Neutral:  Jamie (for now), Mark & Michael.

Belle Book

P.S.  And yes, Mswood, it appears that the Fast-Forward clue is in one of the images with Cara & Jamie and the tiger.  I think it's also in a photo with Tammy & Victor and the tiger.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Question is that a Fast Forward clue in one of the images with Jaime & Cara and the Tiger?
Yup and no one took it obviously

eta: peach and I heard there was 1 FF this season and that it was not used.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers

So that was the only one?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

So that was the only one?
So we heard.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Just maybe ...

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
I would just LOVE to be that tiger!

I was thinking that Margie and Luke could possibly get a penalty for riding a motorcycle, but I guess not.  Because they weren't told not to.
It was funny! Mel thought it was Luke and Marge ..cue the "gong"  :lol:

I guess I should have paused it, and study the image!
I was a little confused because I only saw two people instead of three.
 :lol:

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
This was a great episode! I liked seeing the culture of Thailand, and I just thought it was nice to see the race edited from a different perspective this time (that of Jaime & Cara). The surprise elimination at the end double shocked me, because first I thought it would be Kisha & Jen last, and second I thought it would be a non-elim. A real shocker that I enjoyed!  :jumpy:

The only thing that disappoints me is just how influencial the order they leave the airport seems to be. The teams didn't switch around very much in placings even though there were many opportunities. I hope that changes, or Tammy & Victor will win every remaining leg just by leaving the airport first! :res:

Tammy & Victor: They were just kind of there this time, which I thought was nice, because they aren't as much a thorn in my side, but I still want to see them gone. *crosses fingers* It's nothing they did wrong, it's just that I don't feel very open to another season of sibling domination.

Jaime & Cara: We got to see a lot more of them this week, and I think that was a good thing, although I can't so easily say I'm rooting for them very much. Jaime's personality makes it difficult to warm up to them, but maybe she will adjust and hopefully gain patience. I don't really like how she treats the locals, and that's not a good thing.

Mark & Michael: I was sitting at the TV screen amazed and pleased to see them finish first. They were the real winners of this leg, mostly because I don't think a penalty for the tire pump was warranted, and they would have been first without that. I have regained my liking for them, and I do realize they are being edited to look more annoying than they really are.

Margie & Luke: They are hanging on in fourth, but I think that if they don't find a different spot to settle into, they will be gone soon. That may not be a bad thing, though, because we have seen a lot of them already. I like Margie, but Luke is becoming too sinister and "in it to win it" for my liking.

Kisha & Jen: Not a lot from them this time, either. This was probably because of all the many other things going on, but I hope they start to feel more like they are a part of the race. Right now they look like outsiders. Not a great Detour choice this time, either.

Mel & Mike: The unexpected elimination brought what I thought would be a really long journey to an abrupt end, but they did really well in the race. A little sad to see them go, but I wasn't a huge fan. I will just miss laughing at their funny one-liners now.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis