Author Topic: TAR14 EP6: 'Alright Guys, We’re At War!' (India)  (Read 71988 times)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Re: TAR14 EP6: 'Alright Guys, We’re At War!' (India)
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2009, 11:15:57 PM »
This was very tense, except for seeing who'd come in first.

Tammy & Victor: They ran a good leg tonight.  They got lucky to find a driver right off the bat, while the other teams all had to scramble to find their own drivers.  But Victor cleaned up at the Roadblock, and they both rocked the Shakers Detour.  But Victor's voice is starting to bug me something fierce now.  Still like them, but take it down a notch, please, Victor.

Mel & Mike: Great job figuring out a good way to blow through the Roadblock the way you did, Mel.  But no more pity parties when you think you've lost the whole race for yourself and Mike, okay?  I'm getting a sad fifth- or fourth-place-finisher vibe from them, absolutely.

Kisha & Jen: Wow, they really made up for last week's near-disaster.  Kisha rocked out that Roadblock (after figuring out she could use the basket, of course), and Jen seemed really comfortable doing the Shakers Roadblock despite being laughed at.  Their speed helped them win that footrace, so good on them.

Margie & Luke: For once, not too much of them this week.  But I loved Margie being reminded that she's the "Bionic Woman."  I don't know how they heard about Tammy's nickname for her.  Luke surprisingly had rhythm at the Shakers Detour.  The deaf guy has rhythm.  Who knew?

Jaime & Cara: They're still my favorite team.  But my issue with them this week was not their task performance, as they did that pretty well, but their local interactions.  Jaime, PLEASE CALM DOWN.  Your driver didn't mean to make you think he'd abandoned you and Cara.  And not all people at a task will speak English.  Be lucky you have Cara there at all, or you'd have blown up long ago.

Mark & Michael: For being the one team to pick the needle-in-a-haystack Detour alone, I reeeeaaaalllly hoped that'd be the final nail in the coffin for them.  And this is coming from someone who LIKES them.  They were last out of the Detour, yet somehow reached the Pit Stop before Christie & Jodi.  Probably a faster cab driver in the end.

Christie & Jodi: It looks like their Speed Bump isn't really what hurt them that much.  I think they were disadvantaged by their cab driver stopping for gas.  That put them way too far back to even have a chance.  Without that mishap, I think they'd have beaten Mark & Michael.  Still, when Jodi mentioned missing her daughter, I knew they were probably toast.  It's the Women's Team Curse of India, and after striking Monica & Sheree, Tian & Jaree, and Kelly & Christy, it struck Christie & Jodi, too, though just barely.  I'm gonna miss them.  The show won't be the same without them at all.

I'd have done Shakers for the Detour myself, and I probably wouldn't have thought of the baskets, either, until seeing Mel doing it, so I sympathize will all the other racers doing that Roadblock.

So after six episodes . . .

LOVE: Tammy, Mel/Mike, Kisha/Jen, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara
LIKE: Victor, Mark/Michael
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: No one
HATE: No one

Well, after having two straight weeks of all loves, Mark & Michael's incompetence has pushed them down to "like" for me, as has Victor's basic annoyance factor.

GO, KISHA & JEN AND JAIME & CARA!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2009, 11:53:07 PM »
 :lol:  Looks like the two detours crossed paths...   :horsey:   :pedaler:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #152 on: March 23, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »
Tammy and Victor - They had a smooth and flawless leg didn't they. Nice to see them win another leg. =)

Mel and Mike - Wow, this team is pretty amazing I must say. Everytime they thought they were screwed, they'd do so well. Recall the time Mel waited what seemed like an eternity for the wind to change, and they soared to second place too. Nice.

Kisha and Jen - Lol at Kisha stuffing the hay into her shirt! They ran a good leg, but I guess their time is almost up.

Luke and Margie - Well they either finish first or fourth, lol. Love this team, love how Luke was so sad over the poverty in India, that was a moving scene. And, "Bionic woman", lol.

Cara and Jaime - Thank God their driver did not really run off with their bags. Jaime really needs to cool down.

Mark and Michael - Was hoping they'd be eliminated but... Too bad. They got a good driver I must say.

Christie and Jodi - Sigh, saw a little hope for them when they finished their Speed Bump and were in sixth. Most of the time teams who finished ahead would reach the pit-stop ahead but not for this case, they ultimately lost to Mark and Michael. Zzz. Usually I'd hope for the team behind to catch up, this time was hoping Christie and Jodi would maintain their lead but, sigh. And yeah, I agree it was probably their cab driver that cost them the race. If he hadn't stopped for gas, they could have stayed in. But I still love them, they ran a wonderful race, perservered all the way, they gave their best! =)
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2009, 02:22:05 PM »
Most of the time teams who finished ahead would reach the pit-stop ahead but not for this case, they ultimately lost to Mark and Michael. Zzz.
Also happened to Kynt & Vyxsin when it was down to them and Nathan & Jennifer.  Left their final Roadblock first, but lost the final race to the Pit Stop.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2009, 12:06:40 AM »
They're moving start mats again, this time across from the rail station. Easier to get a cab there than in front of the Opera House, I suppose.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2009, 01:44:06 AM »
Has anyone found Dhula? Even though the Devanagari is available (below), I can't get a match using tools like Quillpad or Google Indic. Jodi mentions in this interview that the road to Pushkar is the wrong direction:
TVGuide.com: What happened after you left he airport? You were second to leave and then you stopped for gas.
Jodi: We had a taxi driver that took us, once again, 30 minutes in the wrong direction. We went toward Pushkar and our driver insisted even though we said Dhula Village, but he thought for sure we were going to Pushkar. That was the big thing. The gas [we had to stop for] was just the icing on the cake!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2009, 07:40:22 AM »
Most of the time teams who finished ahead would reach the pit-stop ahead but not for this case, they ultimately lost to Mark and Michael. Zzz.
Also happened to Kynt & Vyxsin when it was down to them and Nathan & Jennifer.  Left their final Roadblock first, but lost the final race to the Pit Stop.

From what I recall, they did finish ahead of the goths. However, oddly enough, all of the times I remember this happen happened in India:
~ Nancy/Emily finishing last at the Delhi RB, then finishing 5th in Agra
~ Tian/Jaree finishing the Alleppey Detour in 5th, then finishing last
~ Meredith/Gretchen finishing the Jodhpur RB last, then checking in 4th
~ Dandrew finishing last at the Delhi Detour, then checking in ahead of Ken/Tina
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2009, 08:38:08 AM »
Teams are heading into the rising sun for Dhula, so it confirms Jodi/Christie's account? The "caravan of fools" on the last stretch are heading north, though.

What's strange is that I think the sign reads Ghula! (I'm assuming putting together Hindi letters works similarly to Tamil.)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:56:12 AM by Neobie »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2009, 08:43:39 AM »

From what I recall, they did finish ahead of the goths.
Yeah, but the Goths got their cab to the Pit Stop first, well ahead of Nathan & Jennifer, so I don't know what happened there.
Jamison

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2009, 08:55:14 AM »

From what I recall, they did finish ahead of the goths.
Yeah, but the Goths got their cab to the Pit Stop first, well ahead of Nathan & Jennifer, so I don't know what happened there.

Oh yeah...they lost their cab. Well, either way, it still happened in India, like all others I've mentioned. ;)
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2009, 09:43:09 AM »
Teams are heading into the rising sun for Dhula, so it confirms Jodi/Christie's account? The "caravan of fools" on the last stretch are heading north, though.

What's strange is that I think the sign reads Ghula! (I'm assuming putting together Hindi letters works similarly to Tamil.)

Neobie there definitely is a Dhula Village in Madhya Pradesh state (not the correct one for Jaipur in Rajasthan state.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 10:01:30 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2009, 09:58:25 AM »
With further effort, I located Dhula Village (actually to be more precise I found one in Madhya Pradesh which is not the right one and one a suburb of Jaipur which is the right one). Please go to the Maps! Maps! Maps! thread and look for post #46 for the map.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2009, 10:08:34 AM »
Lynn/Alex first went to the wrong place, iirc.
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2009, 10:25:38 AM »
Very nice Apskip! East, then north, as expected! Is this (26°56'N 76°08'E) it?

(You can see the shadow of a water tower to the WSW of the tree.)
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 10:42:33 AM by Neobie »

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #164 on: March 24, 2009, 01:18:11 PM »

Yeah, I've no idea why, but this always happens to the team I'm rooting for. Kynt and Vyxsin in that season, Christie and Jodi in this season, sigh.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: March 25, 2009, 02:54:18 AM »
Lynn/Alex first went to the wrong place, iirc.

Ya, but this has happened before and normally it wasn't enough to put that team in last.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2009, 07:48:15 AM »
OMG, why does India seem so much interesting this season.

I'm loving TAR 14. Sad to see Christie and Jodi go. But all in all, this is definitely a good season! :tup:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2009, 11:34:31 AM »
JOABBBBBBBBB  :waves:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #168 on: March 29, 2009, 05:13:51 PM »
Aah, it was the Pushkar Camel Fair that hurt Jodi and Christie. (Didn't we think teams were going to go there?)

Festival Dates for 2008 : November 10th to 13th 2008

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #169 on: March 29, 2009, 05:26:12 PM »
Sad. But never mind it has been a great season!!!!!!!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: April 11, 2009, 03:09:25 AM »
The Episode 6 recap is up. Episode 7 will be done later today.
Just here to visit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #171 on: April 11, 2009, 04:49:43 AM »
JOABBBBBBBBB  :waves:

Sorry puddin', i'm lagging in time. :funny:

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #172 on: April 11, 2009, 06:46:57 AM »

Ken:

I've been in Jaipur in November. First, it isn't summer. Jaipur is in the northern hemisphere (as I am certain that you know). My source states "summer months of April to early July having average daily temperatures of around 30oC". Second, it isn't hot by India standards. My recollection of 15 years ago is that high temperatures were mid 70s. The tempeerature range for Jaipur is 13 degrees C to 29 degrees C in November. Take the middle of that range and you have 21 degrees C, which is actually 70 degrees F.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 06:50:50 AM by apskip »

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: April 11, 2009, 07:02:34 AM »

Had their (Christie and Jodi)'s driver "not stopped for gas earlier in this episode, they might still be racing." That is the impression that the telecast leaves. However, it is well known from interviews that that driver tried to take them to Pushkar and that almost all of the lost time was involved in that and only a small amount in stopping for gas.