Author Topic: EP8 (4/12):"Rooting Around in People's Mouths Could Be Unpleasant (Thailand)"  (Read 103113 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
broken records :elvis:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Thsi should have been the title  :funny:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
The flag that NOW belongs to Neobie  :yess:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
heres the pitstop additional info

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
First up the confusing departing times.......

puddin, I think there is an explanation for that. It's total incompetence on the part of the captioners. What I remember for the Phuket leg is the finish of Tammy/Victor when Mark/Michael had 4 minutes left on their penalty, then Margie Luke about 3 minutes later, then Mark/Micahel expiring and checked in as team #3 one minute later. So what I expected to see was pit stop release times with the first 3 teams within 4 minutes of each other, not more than 3 hours. That could only happen if M/L and M/M got 3 hour penalties that nobody mentioned or T/V got a 3 hour time credit that was unannounced and is unexplained.

I believe that the proper time is a 1227am release time for T/V. M/L at 1231am would be barely within the parameters above. I think Mark/Michael should be 1232am rather than the 1246am shown.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Some Phil LOVE

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It's total incompetence on the part of the captioners. What I remember for the Phuket leg is the finish of Tammy/Victor when Mark/Michael had 4 minutes left on their penalty, then Margie Luke about 3 minutes later, then Mark/Micahel expiring and checked in as team #3 one minute later. So what I expected to see was pit stop release times with the first 3 teams within 4 minutes of each other, not more than 3 hours. That could only happen if M/L and M/M got 3 hour penalties that nobody mentioned or T/V got a 3 hour time credit that was unannounced and is unexplained.

I believe that the proper time is a 1227am release time for T/V. M/L at 1231am would be barely within the parameters above. I think Mark/Michael should be 1232am rather than the 1246am shown.
I'll agree with that ap. To say Tammy & Victor left three hours before Jaime & Cara and Michael & Mark is preposterous. I feel BVM or whomever is producing this hour is making times up just to confuse us.
Just here to visit.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
Tammy & Victor must have gotten a time credit.  Phil's voice over specifically mentioned the time and I don't think there's any way that T&V could have finished the entire leg of the race by 9:27am.  They must have gotten there at 12:27pm and then gotten 3 hour credit?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
M&M bartering for taxi fare  :naughty:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Michael and the "pretty local girls I should say"  :funny:
Mark: and we are both part of the entertainment business so we know how to show them that we could have a  good time.."  :funny:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Well the plane landed in Phuket at 8:50 am. No way could T/V finish in 37 minutes with M/M finishing 55 minutes before them.....before the penalty hour was added. I, too, think it was really 12:27. That means M/M got to the mat at about 11:32 before the hour penalty.
Matthew 7:15

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Okay so I've surrounded myself with easter candy and am going to re watch since I totally feel I missed this entire episode thanks to some idiots that distracted me.

Any requests?

One whole bag of jelly beans and at least a pound of chocolate bunny for me please....   :groan:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
More confirmation on that Tammy & Victor left at 12:27.  Before getting to the airport Victor states its the middle of the night.

ANd with Margie confirming the time after she left the Pit Stop as being almost 1am, that pretty much nails it as being 12:27 Tammy & Victor to 1:05 am Kesha & Jen

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Okay so I've surrounded myself with easter candy and am going to re watch since I totally feel I missed this entire episode thanks to some idiots that distracted me.

Any requests?

One whole bag of jelly beans and at least a pound of chocolate bunny for me please....   :groan:
  I could do that!  :jumpy: :jumpy:

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
:naughty:

whoa, anybody noticed the time difference??
4:00:00 all the way to 3:10:XX til kisha n' jen checked in
lol BVM, u make 50 minuted time difference feel like it was a mad dash to the pitstop...
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Sorry Puddin. Jumped the gun today.

How did you find that girl in the photo though?!
Searching for the palace pictures, thats how and WOW!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Could T/V's departure time actually be one of those production errors or editing errors that TAR makes some of the time?
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
mooyou, I would say based on my earlier note above that there is a 99% chance of it being an editing error, not a production error. World Race Productions has a record of very occasional lapses in editing of times.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Just an observation: What a coincidence: When TAR has been filming in Thailand, just days after, the country's principal airport was held by protesters, and now, while the two legs were airing, Thailand has been in a State of Emergency because of the protesters who want their Prime Minister down... what luck!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Don't forget, the curse of TAR has struck many places. Natural disasters are number one on the list. There have been other occurrences as well.
Just here to visit.

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
Who said the title this week? I missed it!?!?

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Interesting episode, I must say. Two teams getting into such huge trouble, the pit-stop check-in was really suspenseful. And no offence, but the Broken Teeth Detour's really gross, hehe.

Margie and Luke - Great leg ran! Kudos to them, Margie was feeling so sick the previous episode but she recovered quickly and propelled the team to first. She was so awesome at the Detour and I never knew she was once a nurse, but it certainly helped. I still find it amazing that they always either finish first or fourth. I hope this doesn't mean they'll be eliminated before the finale, hee.

Cara and Jaime - Lol, nasty as Jaime can be, I can't deny that her sarcasm cracks me up often. But yeah, she needs to chill and stop growling at every single local that doesn't speak English or doesn't know where a place is.

Tammy and Victor - They got pushed up a placing due to another team's mistake again. But overall, I like how they're racing. Guess Victor really learnt his lesson from the third leg and is much nicer to his sister now. I also like how they're always very careful with the clues, taking their backpacks and all even when another team decided not to. But I still think that they'll come in second or fourth overall.

Kisha and Jen - Wow, Kisha actually ran barefoot most of the leg. They really should have gone to get their bags after completing the Detour, instead of checking in first. I thought they'd be screwed when Mark and Michael checked in, didn't know they were gonna get the penalty. But thankfully the sisters are alright. I'd much rather have them stay than the brothers.

Mark and Michael - I didn't know giving personal posessions was a breach of the rules. But I can't say much about them, they seem to always be making weird mistakes here and there. Sabotaging equipment, not reading the clues properly, leaving their bags behind, breaking the rules... This must be one really, really bad leg. And I don't think they're gonna make up the time lost for the penalty plus Speedbump next leg. Unless a bunching occurs during a flight but I doubt it so, hopefully, bye Mark and Michael.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Phil did! :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Phil did! :jumpy:
I guess some of our speculation was correct!
 :jumpy: