Author Topic: EP8 (4/12):"Rooting Around in People's Mouths Could Be Unpleasant (Thailand)"  (Read 103289 times)

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Anyone can find a map of flood-prone areas? I was in Bangkok a week after the racers and only very remote bits of the city (Ko Kret) were still inundated with around four inches of water. It hasn't been raining either since at least three days before, so it's near the river or canals?

Look ma, no shoes!

Also, it didn't rain until 6pm on the 16th. Those are car rain-shadows, aren't they? Or was someone washing the street?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 10:23:09 PM by Neobie »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Interesting.  If they're in a race for first, I wonder who's technically closer to snagging it?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!

I could hear CBS right now saying "oh those SOB's at the realityfanforum! how dare they try to spoil the show! I know, lets not show any promos and that will teach them all a lesson! muhahahahhaaaaa" .." how do you like that you evil spoiling SOB'S!?"

Haha, If indeed CBS wants to play with RFF and all of us fans here, we have nothing to do, hey have every right to conceal the show, and they even have every right not to air TAR anymore, well, unless us at RFF make a big international corporation that would only produce, create and broadcast TAR 24/7.  :jumpy: :hearts: :funny: Oh yeah, that can happen if BVM and CBS and all other television channels don't agree with something major about the show.

But at least, THANK YOU CBS FOR THE SHORT CLIP!

Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Heres the video, its the only commercial that I saw tonight.

<< HQ option

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :funny:  Tried to decode this Thai sign...but with 44 consonants and 32 vowels and 21 initial and 8 final sounds, I quickly gave up.  :groan:   :snicker:

Thai alphabet

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Not a rule, but kinda risky to NOT have it there.  Remember the Double D's and, especially, Dallas?

He probably just took passport/clue bag off in the cab, to put the final clues in it before the pit stop. He doesnt want any loose papers flying around running to the mat. I really dont think that is risky. Nick of Nick/Starr always wore it over the right shoulder and under the left armpit. I dont remember him having it around his waist much. I guess we could call it a "rule of thumb" to keep it attached to the body.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It looks like exit.

Offline Nam_Tuna

• RFF Newbie
Thai Fans -- Nice 2 meet u ^^

Offline amazing_hey

• RFF Not So Newbie
Hey so ..short but sweet

VO: the race is getting tense
MarK to Michael: you don't want the million dollars you just want to play
VO: and wait until you see how this leg ends
Male voice: we need to beat them

Is that possible it is a TBC leg? Then this leg will not end~

NoluckBoston

Well I just watched The Price is Right and they showed the Teeth part. Looks like  teams have to fit dentures in to locals mouths.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Well I just watched The Price is Right and they showed the Teeth part. Looks like  teams have to fit dentures in to locals mouths.
Well, that explains the title.  Wonder who'd get a gem like that?  Can't be Mel & Mike since, you know, they're gone.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

That means CBS is playing a new promo.  Vidcaps and videos can't be too far behind. :jumpy:

NoluckBoston

They looked used too!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Is that possible it is a TBC leg? Then this leg will not end~
Well the TAR 14 map tells us there is a pitstop in Bangkok and we have a clue .....
Lesson not learned from Toni and Dallas last season - one team goes to the mat without their passports. 

And its taking me forever to find that commercial but I'm working on it  :umn:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Not a good copy but hopefully I'll catch it in real time later

VO: when the teams travel to Bangkok there will be smiles and singing
Luke & Marge cheering at the teeth: Yes! YAY!
VO: but for some teams ..the party might be over
Jen to Kisha on the boat: omg we have to go back!
VO: just wait until you see how this leg ends
Marge on boat: we see it we see it !!
Male voice (Victor?): we need  to beat them

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
That looks exactly like the teeth scene at Angkor Wat last time... :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
That looks exactly like the teeth scene at Angkor Wat last time... :funny:
I was thinking the same thing peach  :lol:

redo ........

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :lol: We already knew this, but racers seem to be on a klong (canal) taxi.

eta: lots of klong tours in Bangkok   :snicker:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 02:46:04 PM by Boingo »

DavidJunior

looking at all the promos coming in

it seems that both K/J and M/M leave their bags and passports behind

i think that M/M are the ones who go to the mat without them tho, since Jen tells Kisha on the boat that they have to go back

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
Well it looks like Kisha & Jen or Mark & Michael are in trouble. No surprises there. Don't know why the announcer is trying to make this leg so surprising. Tammy & Victor first again, Mark & Michael or Kisha & Jen last.

But the passport thing will be interesting to watch, although it's becoming an overused cliche now.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Heres the latest video

<< HQ option

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Based on the promo (yes, I know that's dangerous), I have a feeling Margie & Luke and Tammy & Victor are racing for 1st place.

Kisha & Jen and as we already know, Mark & Michael lose their passports and have to go back. From this, I say the brothers go out. Kisha & Jen either stay in due to a footrace, or the brothers never find their passports.

Thanks for the promo, puddin. :yess:

I also found out that Fox has an official YouTube channel so if you're a fan of Hell's Kitchen, I posted previews of tonight's episode in that thread. :yess:
Just here to visit.