Author Topic: EP8 (4/12):"Rooting Around in People's Mouths Could Be Unpleasant (Thailand)"  (Read 103278 times)

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Don't speculate Cara & Jaime. I don't want Ashe to get another heart attack. ;)
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
shoeless with no passports

I can see leaving your shoes or something outside a Temple maybe, but the leaving your passports has me stumped. What kind of a task would part you from your passport?

Swimming?? Underwater diving? You couldn't have your passport there then...

And we still have the dentist thing too, right?
Peach,
I believe that these Amazing Race-supplied pouches which carry passports and money and clues are a bit bulky. They would interfere with running or climbing.

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
It says several racers, not several teams. Just tossing it down.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Mark and Michael "have to get [their] backpacks" at Sathorn Pier, so that's probably where the Roadblock ends. Something to do with boats on the Chao Phraya? Michael has the fanny pack though. Come to think of it, if the Roadblock brings you so far away that you need a taxi to get back, wouldn't it be... common sense for the partners to bring the bags along?

Mark has his shoes in the preview, so Michael's likely to be the Roadblocker. With their taxi going north to Bang Rak (good eyes, Nam_Tuna!), that's the direction the Roadblock starts?

(Also: If the Roadblock starts along the river as well - eg Bang Po, I can see a return boat being faster than a taxi.)

Assuming seats are availabe on the second-to-last Guangzhou flight: if a team makes it on the Hong Kong connection the next day and the brothers are on the last Guangzhou flight, that would mean they're at least three and a half hours behind the lead teams this week?

Yoo bangpoe, gorjaglub bangpoe, koeyyoo bangpoe, gorjaglub bangpoe...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 06:15:03 PM by Neobie »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
It is the COMBINATION of no shoes and no passports that has me puzzled...

Running or climbing would seem to need the shoes... what would part you from both?

Can you please point me to the Sathorn Pier info Neobie?

shoeless with no passports

I can see leaving your shoes or something outside a Temple maybe, but the leaving your passports has me stumped. What kind of a task would part you from your passport?

Swimming?? Underwater diving? You couldn't have your passport there then...

And we still have the dentist thing too, right?
Peach,
I believe that these Amazing Race-supplied pouches which carry passports and money and clues are a bit bulky. They would interfere with running or climbing.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
I just can't understand why the non-roadblocking team member did carry the load. CBS, we NEED more clues.
Matthew 7:15

DavidJunior

what if one, or several teams had placed their passports in their backpacks for that leg?
it's very unlikely, but that could explain why mark/michael absolutely had to go back to grab the packs
as we've seen from previous seasons, you don't absolutely need to have your packs with you to survive in the race
and if there is another team who makes the same mistake, they'll only lose a few minutes to an hour, as opposed to the apparent 3 hours that Mark/Michael lost

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Boy for having a full extra week, CBS sure isn't giving us anything.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Boy for having a full extra week, CBS sure isn't giving us anything.
It's as if CBS has forgot about the race  :knuckles:

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
It's as if CBS has forgot about the race  :knuckles:

If CBS forgets about the race, I'll have a mat meltdown in front of their company even though it would take me years to achieve it...  :funny:But seriously, It has been more than a week since we've last heard about the race... Could they have forgotten that they actually did not post anything for next week's episode?
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Could this be payback for the succcess we and others have in making public the upcoming Amazing Race entire route months before the show airs? My feeling is that CBS owes us nothing. If they want to keep information private until when it airs, that is their right. I also think that all the excessive information they have provided in recent years makes the job of RFF detectives too easy. I am pleased when there are things on the show that I don't know in advance and there is a limit to how much spoiling I want.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
If they wanted to promote the show and get some ratings on Sunday, it would behoove the network to run some promos, ap.
Just here to visit.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It is the COMBINATION of no shoes and no passports that has me puzzled...

Anyone else having a déjà vu? :lol:
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Hey so ..short but sweet

VO: the race is getting tense
MarK to Michael: you don't want the million dollars you just want to play
VO: and wait until you see how this leg ends
Male voice: we need to beat them

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
Cara & Jaime are stepping it up I think, since the last few legs. In fact, I noticed everyone is stepping up. This'll be fun. :jumpy:

Any videos? :)
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Cara & Jaime are stepping it up I think, since the last few legs. In fact, I noticed everyone is stepping up. This'll be fun. :jumpy:

Any videos? :)
I'll make a video but will hold off for the moment because we might get a longer commercial tonight.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
Judging by those pictures, could Cara/Jaime be the one of the teams that doesn't bring their passports along the Pitstop? T/V are seen with their bags to the pitstop, while all others have no video so we could just tell for these two teams :ascared

But we probably know who's last in this episode because of the Guilin Airport spoiler right?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 07:58:03 PM by Mooyou »
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
My guess it's a water-based task where you're required to get into some kind of swim wear, and at least two of the teams get out but in their hurry forget their backpacks!  I hope Cara & Jamie aren't one of the teams!
I konw Mark & Michael are one of the teams who leave their backpacks behind.  I think Kisha & Jen might be the other.

Okay then, Cara & Jamie don't leave their backpacks behind!  I'm happy about that.  And I'm hoping they come in first this time.

Belle Book

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Judging by those pictures, could Cara/Jaime be the one of the teams that doesn't bring their passports along the Pitstop? T/V are seen with their bags to the pitstop, while all others have no video so we could just tell for these two teams :ascared

But we probably know who's last in this episode because of the Guilin Airport spoiler right?
The way Victor's carrying it, though, I take it he had to go back and grab it.  I think Jaime & Cara do have theirs, though.  Or it could be that Jaime & Cara did, indeed, forget theirs.

And yeah, it's pretty clear Mark & Michael are in last due to the spoiler.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City

The way Victor's carrying it, though, I take it he had to go back and grab it.  I think Jaime & Cara do have theirs, though.  Or it could be that Jaime & Cara did, indeed, forget theirs.

Looks to me he just grabbed it out of the trunk of his cab, as he and Tammy make a run to the Pit Stop Mat.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Aman Resort, just 700m/800yd up the river from Central/Sathorn Pier... (That's the pier Mark/Michael are on when they realize they need their bags, the one Chateau found on Page 1.) I think this confirms they start from the north, towards the city centre.

So that's our Roadblock? Neither Margie nor Luke look like they're doing much Roadblocking...
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 10:11:15 PM by Neobie »

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers

Looks to me he just grabbed it out of the trunk of his cab, as he and Tammy make a run to the Pit Stop Mat.
And WHY would he not have it on his waist, as he's supposed to?
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Could be the other Detour option right? they have a map?

Could this be payback for the succcess we and others have in making public the upcoming Amazing Race entire route months before the show airs? My feeling is that CBS owes us nothing. If they want to keep information private until when it airs, that is their right. I also think that all the excessive information they have provided in recent years makes the job of RFF detectives too easy. I am pleased when there are things on the show that I don't know in advance and there is a limit to how much spoiling I want.
Keeping information private is their right? True CBS owes us nothing BUT it's called promoting THEIR show, their money, making the ratings happen making the money, isn't that right apskips  :res: ?
I could hear CBS right now saying "oh those SOB's at the realityfanforum! how dare they try to spoil the show! I know, lets not show any promos and that will teach them all a lesson! muhahahahhaaaaa" .." how do you like that you evil spoiling SOB'S!?"

« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 09:55:05 PM by puddin »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Is their a rule in the TAR handbook that it must be worn around the waist? I haven't been privy to such a handbook so I have no idea if this is true.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers

Is their a rule in the TAR handbook that it must be worn around the waist? I haven't been privy to such a handbook so I have no idea if this is true.
Not a rule, but kinda risky to NOT have it there.  Remember the Double D's and, especially, Dallas?
Jamison