Author Topic: American Idol Final 10 Performance Discussion  (Read 4436 times)

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
American Idol Final 10 Performance Discussion
« on: March 26, 2009, 06:02:28 AM »
Okay guys. It's Motown, and personally, I think this week was fun. :D :D

Matt Giraud: Love it. He's proving himself again, and I think that he'll go to the end.

Kris Allen: I used to think he didn't have a chance before, but now, I'm thinking otherwise.

Scott MacIntyre: I actually thought he did better this week. I felt he stepped out of his comfort zone.

Megan Joy: I thought it was okay. Not as bad as the judges think.

Michael Sarver: Didn't like it as I thought it would. I really expected that he would do better, after being in the bottom last week.

Lil Rounds: I knew Lil would get some sort of a bad criticism, but I liked her this week. I guess I'm in a good mood.

Adam Lambert: Love the hair, love the performance. Not in my top faves, but he has gotten back on my good side.

Danny Gokey: Not my favorite of the night, but I actually thought he did well tonight.

Allison Iraheta: LOVE. <3<3<3 All I can say. Great way to end the night.

Performance Ranking:
1. Matt
2. Allison
3. Kris
4. Anoop
5. Adam
6. Scott
7. Danny
8. Lil
9. Megan
10. Michael

Overall Ranking:
1. Matt
2. Allison
3. Kris
4. Danny
5. Anoop
6. Scott
7. Adam
8. Lil
9. Megan
10. Michael

I think that the bottom 3 will be Lil, Megan & Michael, with Michael or Megan gone. However, I won't be surprised if Allison is in the bottom for some unknown reason. :res: :res:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 06:37:53 AM by Raymond »
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Re: American Idol Final 10 Performance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2009, 12:52:24 PM »
Great night, great songs. Several disappointing performances, but the stellar performances we had tonight more than made up for those. Tonight was great! =)

Matt Giraud - It was a fantastic start to the show, I must say. It actually remained as my favourite performance until Adam came on. I just love his bluesy tone and yeah, I think he's gonna make it to the final 6 at least. He's been doing very, very well and I'm starting to really like him.

Kris Allen - Well it was good, but I agree with Simon that he has to be more confident. I noticed, moments during his performance he could've tried to have eye contact with the audience or the camera but he didn't, which was a waste. But that's only in my opinion. I really like him, he's a very humble contestant.

Scott MacIntyre - I was expecting him to step up his game but once again, I was disappointed. He did do something a little different, but he needs to pick better, bigger songs. He's not going to cruise through like that. He could be in trouble, but he'll be safe in the end.

Megan Joy - It wasn't about the arrangement, it was the song choice. The moment she said she wanted to do that song, I was like, what can you do with that song? Hmm. Definitely in the bottom three, could be going home, but I hope not.

Anoop Desai - Another good performance, but it indeed got a little boring halfway through. Still, I love the tender side of him, love the connection he has with the audience.

Michael Sarver - I didn't think it was bad, but it was certainly forgettable, which is equally bad, if not worse. But I credit him for giving his all. I like him, he's nice, he's sincere, but his time is almost up. If he's not going tonight, he'll go soon.

Lil Rounds - Totally wrong song choice. Yeah, we got the big vocals, but as Simon said, it wasn't a Moment. I miss the soulful side of her, the week when she did Be Without You. Hoping for her to bounce back next week and impress. She'll be safe for sure.

Adam Lambert - No doubt my favourite of the night. When he first appeared on stage, I couldn't stop laughing. Not that he looked weird, it was just surprising to see such a chance in his appearance. Yeah, it was shocking to see clean-cut Adam. There was this point I was worried for his prospects in this competition, since his past performances have been so edgy if not shrieky. It was awesome to see this tender side of him, and what can I say, I LOVED THE PERFORMANCE! From his tenderness to his beautiful falsetto, it was all just amazing. I hope he makes the final three at least.

Danny Gokey - Mad vocals, no one can deny. But like Lil, he failed to choose a song that really showcases his strengths. I wouldn't call it clumsy or amateurish, I'd say it was just another steady performance that wouldn't get the audience jumping off their seats. But I loved the energy.

Allison Iraheta - My second favourite performance of the night. Fantastic vocals, great song choice. And her ending note was just, WOW. Lol, was laughing non-stop when Kara said, "You sound like you've been singing for four hundred years" LOL!!!! But yeah, America has got to vote for this girl! Sixteen years old, working the stage like a pro. She can't be in the bottom three anymore! Hee.

My ranking:
1. Adam Lambert
2. Allison Iraheta
3. Matt Giraud
4. Anoop Desai
5. Kris Allen
6. Danny Gokey
7. Lil Rounds
8. Scott MacIntyre
9. Megan Joy
10. Michael Sarver

Who I think will be in the bottom three: Michael, Megan.... Kris? Or Scott.

Either Megan or Michael will be going home for sure, I'm really hoping it's Michael. Whatever it is, please don't let there be any more surprise eliminations.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2009, 06:50:47 PM »
Sorry I didn't answer sooner, we had a huge hail storm here last night and broken sky lights to deal with.

I thought it started off well with Matt, Kris and Scott, I loved Scott's arrangement last night and enjoyed the piano accompaniment.

I didn't like Micheal's song, I just wasn't feeling it. He got the Knife Of Death from Simon who said he couldn't wait for it to end, then proceeded to drive the knife in deeper by telling him him he had no chance to win. Whoa.. I think this might save Megan.

I enjoyed Kris and he did much better, I hope he has time to grow in his abilities.

Anoop was a wonderful surprise, he rose to the occasion! 

I thought Megan was pitchy and picked the wrong song and none of the judges liked her performance. I want to like her, I really do, but this was just awful. I think Simon had it right when he told her to fire whoever is giving her advice and doing her arrangements.

I'm also disappointed in Lil Rounds. Wrong song for her terrible arrangement and I know she can do better so I hope she picks better songs that suit her style.

What can you say about Adam. He was great. He is a star and I loved the hair and change of clothes. I have to wonder, was he playing a little prank with the Elvis hair? He's going to win the whole thing. (A friend of mine hates me to say that she thinks he'd be better going off on his own like Chris Daughtry.

Danny was good, not superb but I enjoyed his performance. I didn't think it was clumsy or amateurish.

Allison is another star in the making. Not quite there yet for me, but she's only 16.

We'll find out who is out shortly, I agree with Ruth's list for the bottom 4.

1. Adam Lambert
2. Allison Iraheta
3. Danny Gokey
4. Anoop Desai
5. Kris Allen
6. Matt Giraud
7. Lil Rounds
8. Scott MacIntyre
9. Megan Joy
10. Michael Sarver

Loved the background singers becoming more a part of the singer's performance, I hope AI producers keep doing this. It adds to the show.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2009, 08:28:03 PM »
Matt Giraud, Scott McIntyre and Michael Sarvar in the bottom three, Michael was not saved by the judges, 9 idols remain.

I wonder, was Matt Giraud lower than Scott in the bottom three? It's hard to believe.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 07:16:12 AM by TexasLady »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 06:06:57 AM »
I was surprised at the Bottom 3 & the Bottom 2, but the elimination was all good.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 12:05:27 PM »
Was really surprised at the bottom three. Of course, I heaved a huge sigh of relief when the bottom three consisted of three guys. Not that I hate the guys, but the girls are becoming so precious now lol. No surprises about Michael and Scott but Matt? I was totally shocked when Ryan announced that he was in the bottom three, and bottom two. Perhaps it's good, it'll remind his fans to vote a lot harder, rather than him getting voted off like Alexis. And Kris is so funny, he's always about to head down to the center of the stage lol! Very happy with the results tonight. I really like Michael, but he's not as good as the rest.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 03:58:45 PM »
i totaly agree ruth and raymond.. i said scott was going to b in the bottom i was right, but i did not expect matt to b there.. and kris is soo cute..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 11:55:45 PM »
I think Lil and Scott are starting to lose the competition. If they don't bring up their competition soon, previous idols which i've predicted to go early such as Kris and Megan might outlast them.

And Allison is back and HOT this week. I really love her, OMG. She's my number one favourite for now this season.

I expected Megan, Michael and Lil to be in the bottom 3.. but looks like Lil's fanbase is seriously strong.. for now!!

Right now, I see Matt, Allison, Adam and Danny going really far. Lil, Scott and Kris will be in danger if they don't start performing up to standard. Megan will be gone really soon (ONLY 2 GIRLS LEFT!! :() and Anoop seems to have good and bad weeks here and there.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2009, 09:13:23 AM »
I think Lil and Scott are starting to lose the competition. If they don't bring up their competition soon, previous idols which i've predicted to go early such as Kris and Megan might outlast them.

And Allison is back and HOT this week. I really love her, OMG. She's my number one favourite for now this season.

I expected Megan, Michael and Lil to be in the bottom 3.. but looks like Lil's fanbase is seriously strong.. for now!!

Right now, I see Matt, Allison, Adam and Danny going really far. Lil, Scott and Kris will be in danger if they don't start performing up to standard. Megan will be gone really soon (ONLY 2 GIRLS LEFT!! :() and Anoop seems to have good and bad weeks here and there.

Couldn't have said it better.  :tup: I'm disappointed with Lil, I expected more from her.

Scott needs a makeover and someone to style him, but if he doesn't step it up, he will be gone soon.

Megan will go soon, VFTW won't be able to save her if she doesn't do better.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2009, 05:21:39 PM »
yea who ever is styling scotts hair should be shot it looks like cotton candy, way to poofy they should also darken it a tad and take it down a notch, jmo allso get the kid some realy awsome clothes all though he said he had on pink pants last week so i guess they r on the right tract...jazz him up a bit..and let him do another bruch hornsby song. all though i am still a matt/allison/ now newly adam fan..
tv junky needs help!!!!!