Author Topic: Phil Rides Across America!  (Read 62100 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Phil Rides Across America!
« on: March 25, 2009, 11:00:01 AM »
Thought we could keep up with him here along the way?

WHEN: March 28, 2009> May 8 (??9), 2009

WHY:    

•   For a great cause - Bike MS

• To promote riding - because riding makes sense/cents: in these times riding has never been a better option

• To share the Ultimate Food - NOW One Square Meal: a new perfectly balanced meal for any adventure, including riding across America!

Phil Keoghan's "Ride Across America Presented by GNC" will kick off on March 28 in Los Angeles and end on May 9 in New York City. Along the way, he'll attend meet and greets with supporters at local GNC stores, visit CBS affiliates, attend open-casting calls for the next installment of THE AMAZING RACE, sign copies of his best-selling book No Opportunity Wasted, and ride alongside ex-racers and fans of THE AMAZING RACE.

Phil is riding to raise awareness and funds for the US National Multiple Sclerosis Society. The ride also coincides with the launch of NOW One Square Meal into GNC stores across America.

"I fly over 400,000 miles a year and I figured it was time to stretch my legs. I love to ride so I thought I'd see what this great country looks like up close instead of taking a bird's eye view at 30,000 feet," said Keoghan. "In this economic climate, bike riding makes a lot of sense -
it's good for your waistline and easy on your wallet."

WHERE:
Saturday, March 28 – Los Angeles
Sunday, March 29 – Victorville, Calif.
Monday, March 30 – Baker, Calif.
Tuesday, March 31 – Las Vegas
Wednesday, April 1 – Caliente, Nev.
Thursday, April 2 – Cedar City, Utah
Friday, April 3 – Kanab, Utah
Saturday, April 4 – Page, Ariz.
Sunday, April 5 – Kayenta, Ariz.
Monday, April 6 – Cortez, Colo.
Tuesday, April 7 – Pagosa Springs, Colo.
Wednesday, April 8 – Saguache, Colo.
Thursday, April 9 – Fairplay, Colo.
Friday, April 10 – Denver, Rest Day
Saturday, April 11 – Denver
Sunday, April 12 – Fort Morgan, Colo.
Monday, April 13 – Wray, Colo.
Tuesday, April 14 – McCook, Neb.
Wednesday, April 15 – Holdrege, Neb.
Thursday, April 16 – Sutton, Neb.
Friday, April 17 – Lincoln, Neb.
Saturday, April 18 – Omaha, Neb.
Sunday, April 19 – Atlantic, Iowa
Monday, April 20 – Des Moines, Iowa
Tuesday, April 21 – Iowa City, Iowa
Wednesday, April 22 – Davenport, Iowa
Thursday, April 23 – Rochelle, Ill.
Friday, April 24 – Chicago.
Saturday, April 25 – Chicago
Sunday, April 26 – Plymouth, Ind.
Monday, April 27 – Fort Wayne, Ind.
Tuesday, April 28 – Lima, Ohio
Wednesday, April 29 – Columbus, Ohio
Thursday, April 30 – Dennison, Ohio
Friday, May 1 – Pittsburgh, Rest Day
Saturday, May 2 – Pittsburgh
Sunday, May 3 – Frostburg, Md.
Monday. May 4 – Hagerstown, Md.
Tuesday, May 5 – Washington, D.C.
Wednesday, May 6 – Baltimore
Thursday, May 7 – Philadelphia
Friday, May 8 – New York, End City (hmmm...previously was listed as May 9)

TWITTER: http://twitter.com/PhilKeoghan

DAILY BLOG: http://www.philridesacrossamerica.com/daily_blog.html

HOW TO DONATE: Phil's Donation page

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Phil Rides Across America!
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 11:01:54 AM »
Good Deeds
Phil Keoghan to Take His Own Amazing Race

By Cynthia Wang

Originally posted Wednesday March 25, 2009 08:00 AM EDT

He's no stranger to observing overwhelming challenges, but by his own estimation, "This is the most daunting physical thing I have ever attempted," Amazing Race host Phil Keoghan tells PEOPLE about his own amazing race – a 40-day, 39-city cycling tour from Los Angeles to New York.

Starting this Saturday, Keoghan, 41, plans to average 100 miles a day in pedal power. "Riding a bicycle is about getting back to basics," he says. "It's good for the waistline and it's good for the wallet, is what I'm saying."

But Keoghan isn't undertaking the road trip strictly for fitness. His adventure, sponsored by the health-store chain GNC, will take him to GNC outlets, to casting calls for The Amazing Race, to signings of his book No Opportunity Wasted, and to promotions of his favorite portable food NOW One Square Meals. The journey will also help him raise money and awareness for Bike MS.

The National Multiple Sclerosis Society "is sponsoring nine of the major rides I am doing," he says. "I have been involved with the MS chapter here in California, and I have participated in their rides over the last four years."

Keoghan hopes he is not alone on the road. He is encouraging fans and well-wishers to check out his Twitter updates – or, better yet, turn out in person to see him, or even sign up to ride with him.

Also on view will be former Amazing Race contestants and even Keoghan's dad, John. "It's an absolute, monumental effort," says Keoghan, "but I think a tremendous amount of good is going to come out of it."

More here:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20267675,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 11:42:14 AM »
Thought we could keep up with him here along the way?
The website promises tracking once the trip starts; until then, anyone curious about individual legs can get maps, climb/drop charts, etc., here.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 11:47:15 AM »
Phil in spandex! Enough said!  :pedaler: :jam: :faint: :fan: :luvu:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 05:20:09 PM »
I signed up for Phil's Tweets! :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 06:31:23 PM »
I just love it when he gives us that big eyebrow!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 07:21:51 PM »
I signed up for Phil's Tweets! :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
Phils "Tweets" love <3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 07:53:36 PM »
reposting the press release:

PHIL KEOGHAN, HOST OF CBS's "THE AMAZING RACE," AND GNC ANNOUNCE THE ROUTE FOR UPCOMING CROSS COUNTRY BIKE RIDE THAT WILL SPAN 40 DAYS, 39 CITIES, AND MORE THAN 3,500 MILES
"Phil Keoghan's Ride Across America Presented by GNC Live Well" To Travel Through 39 Cities, Including Las Vegas; Denver; Lincoln, Neb.; Chicago; Columbus, Ohio; Pittsburgh; Washington D.C.; Philadelphia and New York

For more information on where to see Phil in your city or to sign up to ride

with him in one of the nine MS-sponsored rallies, visit

http://www.philridesacrossamerica.com/

For up-to-the-minute updates throughout the Ride, follow Phil on http://twitter.com/PhilKeoghan

Phil Keoghan, host of CBS's THE AMAZING RACE, will embark on cross country bike ride - cycling from Los Angeles to New York - that will span 40 days, more than 3,500 miles, average 100 miles per day and stopping in 39 different cities. 

The following are the scheduled cities and dates for "Phil Keoghan's Ride Across America Presented by GNC": 

Saturday, 3/28: Los Angeles

Sunday, 3/29: Victorville, Calif.

Monday, 3/30: Baker, Calif.                               

Tuesday, 3/31: Las Vegas

Wednesday, 4/1: Caliente, Nev.             

Thursday, 4/2: Cedar City, Utah 

Friday, 4/3: Kanab, Utah

Saturday, 4/4: Page, Ariz.

Sunday, 4/5: Kayenta, Ariz.

Monday, 4/6: Cortez, Colo.

Tuesday, 4/7: Pagosa Springs, Colo.

Wednesday, 4/8: Saguache, Colo. 

Thursday, 4/9: Fairplay, Colo.

Friday, 4/10: Denver (REST DAY)

Saturday, 4/11: Denver

Sunday, 4/12: Fort Morgan, Colo.

Monday, 4/13: Wray, Colo.

Tuesday, 4/14: McCook, Neb.

Wednesday, 4/15: Holdrege, Neb.

Thursday, 4/16: Sutton, Neb.

Friday, 4/17: Lincoln, Neb.

Saturday, 4/18: Omaha, Neb.

Sunday, 4/19: Atlantic, Iowa 

Monday, 4/20: Des Moines, Iowa

Tuesday, 4/21: Iowa City, Iowa

Wednesday, 4/22: Davenport, Iowa

Thursday, 4/23: Rochelle, Ill.

Friday, 4/24: Chicago (REST DAY)

Saturday, 4/25: Chicago

Sunday, 4/26: Plymouth, Ind.

Monday, 4/27: Fort Wayne, Ind.

Tuesday, 4/28: Lima, Ohio

Wednesday, 4/29: Columbus, Ohio

Thursday, 4/30: Dennison, Ohio

Friday, 5/1: Pittsburgh (REST DAY)

Saturday, 5/2: Pittsburgh

Sunday, 5/3: Frostburg, Md.

Monday, 5/4: Hagerstown, Md.

Tuesday, 5/5: Washington, D.C.

Wednesday, 5/6: Baltimore

Thursday, 5/7: Philadelphia

Friday, 5/8: New York (END CITY)

Phil Keoghan's "Ride Across America Presented by GNC" will kickoff on March 28 in Los Angeles and end on May 9 (the day before the finale of THE AMAZING RACE 14) in New York.  Along the way, he'll attend meet and greets with supporters at local GNC stores, visit CBS affiliates, attend open-casting calls for the next installment of THE AMAZING RACE, sign copies of his best-selling book No Opportunity Wasted, and ride alongside ex-Racers and fans of THE AMAZING RACE.  He will also be participating in rallies hosted by the National MS Society to build awareness for Bike MS and the MS movement.

Residence Inn by Marriott is the official travel sponsor for "Phil Keoghan's Ride Across America Presented by GNC Live Well."

For more information on Phil's "Ride Across America," including where to join him along the route, meet him in your hometown, Phil's training routine, GNC nutritional plan, what bike Phil's riding, and photos or videos from the road, visit http://www.philridesacrossamerica.com/.  For up-to-the-minute updates along the route, follow Phil at http://twitter.com/PhilKeoghan and on Facebook

PhilKeoghanridesAmerica http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=701200903&ref=name.

About GNC

GNC, headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., is the largest global specialty retailer of nutritional products; including vitamin, mineral, herbal and other specialty supplements and sports nutrition, diet and energy products.  As of December 31, 2008, GNC has more than 5,200 retail locations throughout the United States (including 954 franchise and 1,712 Rite Aid store-within-a-store locations) and franchise operations in 44 international markets. The company - which is dedicated to helping consumers Live Well - also offers products and product information online at http://www.gnc.com/.

About Bike MS:

100 rides.  One destination.  A world free of MS. Bike MS is the premier fundraising cycling series in the nation.  To date, Bike MS has raised nearly $700 million to help people with MS.  With over 100 unique bike rides across the country, there is one right ride for everyone.  For those who accept the challenge, it will be the most rewarding journey they ever make. Visit bikeMS.org.

About Residence Inn by Marriott:

Residence Inn is thoughtfully designed to help the marathon traveler thrive on their long stay by providing full kitchens in every spacious suite, free breakfast, great outdoor spaces and free grocery delivery.  A leader in extended-stay lodging, Residence Inn offers more than 550 hotels in 47 states, the District of Columbia, Canada and Costa Rico. 

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2009, 08:19:44 AM »
Got a tweet!

"On the radio talking about the ride ... another huge day of media."
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2009, 02:19:49 PM »
Phil is on Bonnie Hunt alert! Hes talking about his sponsers for MS and Bonnie and he are flirting again  :hearts:

Bonnie is going to check in on Phil during his bike ride progress.

Phil talked about his sore tukus again loveeeeeeeeee

Bonnie gave Phil a shirt to wear during his ride,"Honk if you saw Phil on Bonnie (on The Show that is)" lol
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:23:27 PM by puddin »

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2009, 03:11:45 PM »
Phil's latest Tweet (from late yesterday):

BTW, having a kickoff event for Ride at GNC in Culver City, Calif. tomorrow, Friday, 3/27 at 229 Fox Hills Mall. Love everyone to come out.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 03:25:50 PM »
The latest Tweet from 3:39 p.m. today.

Had a great kickoff to the ride this morning. Over 100 people riding with us. Heading to Victorville now. Wish us luck.

Best of luck, Phil! :jumpy: :jumpy:
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 04:51:01 PM »
I am just getting the first reports in from the kick off this morning!! :hearts:

The send off was a special moment... A family affair.

Phil was there with his wife and daughter. His dad, John, will be driving the van across America, so this is another adventure for them to share. His wife was going to ride the first bit as well.

Elise was there with her baby daughter.

TAR cameramen were on hand to document this for posterity.

Our own Mark (Season 13) was there, as were Kynt and Vyxsin. This ride for MS has a personal meaning for Kynt, as his own Dad has MS and new research has provided new therapies that have significantly improved his Dad's quality of life.

Both of Kynt's parents were there with K/V to send off Phil in style, as well as masses of media.

I hope to have some pictures to share with you all later tonight, but in the meantime have a look HERE for the first ones out!!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 07:52:13 PM »
Photos from the album here at Studio Center. Studio 11 on the left, Carla's cafe on the right.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 08:27:56 PM »
:faint: :fan:
What time is it Chateau!!?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 03:17:49 AM »
Phil Keoghan discussing biking across America
'The Amazing Race' host explains why he's biking 3700 miles in 40 days and why 'The Amazing Race' isn't in HD
By: Daniel Fienberg
Saturday, Mar 28, 2009
As reality TV hosts go, Phil Keoghan has always made the most with the least. He doesn't mug like Ryan Seacrest or impose himself on the game like Jeff Probst and he never broadly announces that the show is all about him, like Tyra Banks does. Keoghan's best "Amazing Race" moments are usually a raised eyebrow or a concerned episode-closing inquiry.

Keoghan's ready to move into the spotlight as he bikes across America, hoping to cover more than 3500 miles in 40 days. Along the way, he'll stop in 39 cities. He'll be promoting "The Amazing Race," signing copies of his book "No Opportunity Wasted," visiting CBS affiliates, plugging his NOW One Square Meal Bar at GNC stores and building awarness for Bike MS and the MS movement, participating in rallies for the National MS Society.

"The theme to this whole ride is really, the umbrella if you like, is really No Opportunity Wasted and everything that's happening really comes under this personal philosophy of mine, which is that when you pool resources and you look at making a change in the world, it's about using ingenuity and being resourceful," Keoghan told reporters on a conference call earlier this week. "One of my favorite quotes is from Sir Ernest Rutherford, who said, 'We didn't have money, so we had to think.'"

The journey came out of a conversation between Keoghan and a CBS publicist about ways to promote the new "Amazing Race" season, which many critics (including the one writing this article) have called a major comeback for the Emmy-winning series. In the course of their discussion, it became clear that this trip could be both promotional and altruistic.

"It has been an absolute adventure just putting this thing together," Keoghan said. "We haven't even left yet and all these people have come on and said, 'Yes, we will help you. We love this cause. We love what you're trying to do.' That's really how it evolved."

Keoghan and his wife have sponsored an MS Society-affiliated cycling team and participated in MS-affiliated cycling events for several years, so it was easy for him to target a cause.

"It seems like everybody you speak to know somebody who's connected with the disease in some way and it's always surprising to me just how many people are affected by it and it's not just the people who have MS," he says. "It's the people who live with others who have MS. We decided to get involved and the more I got involved with the MS Society, the more I warmed to their message and their spirit and the stories... I was so charged by their energy."

Keoghan will be joined by his father, a moto-rider, a veteran "Amazing Race" cameraman, an editor and at least one CBS publicist, allowing him to to update fans on his progress via video, a daily blog and a photo gallery at PhilRidesAcrossAmerica.com website. The trip begins on Saturday (March 28) and Keoghan is hoping to end in New York City in 40 days.

"To me, one of the most basic solutions to our situation right now is getting on a bicycle," Keoghan says. "It's makes for your wallet. It makes sense for your waistline. Forty percent of trips are under two miles in a vehicle. We have a tremendous obesity problem in this country. Everybody has gotten into this mindset of excess, of looking at all of the things we want -- 'I want this,' 'I want that' -- and we really need to get back to the needs, and essential needs."

And speaking of essential needs, since Keoghan was chatting with the press, my essential need was asking why he thinks "The Amazing Race" has been so good this season.

"The network made a conscious effort to really freshen things up, but in terms of the style of the show and the look of the show," he says. "They freshened up the music. They freshened up the graphics... They just sort of spring cleaned the show, if you like. And in terms of the cutting style, there's less sort-of process of in an airport... After a while, airports start to look like airports and if the background is an airport in Istanbul, it can look like the background of an airport in Houston. I think getting away from a little of that process in airports and getting out into the open and letting the show breathing a little bit more and then increasing the pace as the pace of the race increases has really given the show a fresh look."

Given that fresh look, why hasn't "The Amazing Race" followed the industry trend and moved into high definition?

"I think it should be in hi-def," Keoghan agrees. "The complication, or one of the challenges that we have is that we do utilize a lot of foreign crews when we're traveling. It's very difficult to just turn up in Siberia and say, 'Oh, let's call the local guy with the HD camera and he can come down and supplement our shooting.' It's a little bit more complicated than, say, facilitating an HD shoot on 'Survivor,' where you can fly all of the equipment into one spot and you've got all your technical support there, you've got a guy who can sit down every night and look after the equipment. We're moving at breakneck speed, 28 days, flying hundreds-of-thousands of miles, or at least anywhere from 75,000 miles in a given race, so we just don't have the same luxury of being an 'Idol' or 'Survivor,' where everything is brought to one place, it's 69 degrees, where the air-conditioning is perfect. We're out sweating in Botswana or anywhere else and that's been a huge part of the challenge. But, I absolutely agree with you. I'd love to see the show in HD. I don't think there's a show on TV that lends itself more to HD."

http://www.hitfix.com/articles/2009-3-28-phil-keoghan-discussing-biking-across-america/print

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 01:49:02 PM »
More Tweets!

From 2:18 a.m. ET today:

biggest ride of my life today. brutal - 126 miles, 9 K vertical ft, 5 K cal burned, 12 hrs on road - that's one sore under carriage

couldn't have pulled it off without some key folks - thanks to gnc, ms, marriott, airstream, specialized, img, cbs and so many others.
followed that up at 11:36 a.m. ET

Day 2: Got an insane ride to Baker, CA today. All fwy (freeway) - all drivers, please keep it between the lines.
Phil rocks.
Just here to visit.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 03:51:39 PM »
Phil tweets at 4:12 p.m.

Mother Nature rocks! On the 15 fwy, 50 miles to go with 35 mph wind at my back.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2009, 10:01:30 AM »
Thanks to Kynt for sharing these! :kuss:

Day 1 clip, some Phil leg action!   :wohoo:

Phil with Kynt/Vyxin, and Kynt's parents, there to support the MS cause. (Kynt's Dad has MS)

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2009, 10:03:17 AM »
Got another Tweet to share:

from 1:20 a.m.
Day 2 over - 100 miles in just over 4 hrs with fierce wind. hit 55 mph on the bike...off to vegas in AM. we're all pretty wind burned
Just here to visit.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2009, 03:47:12 PM »
An Amazing-ish Race!

Ross Mathews and host of "The Amazing Race" Phil Koeghan go bike riding to discuss Phil's new adventure, "Destination Unknown", that's taking him all the way across the USA! See what happens when Ross shows up...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2009, 08:18:31 PM »
^^Funny!! :lol:

Here is some of what poor Phil went thru training for this::

CTS Athlete Phil Keoghan Rides Across America

Phil Keoghan Rides Across America

Phil Keoghan, host of The Amazing Race, has been preparing for months to complete his Ride Across America, an event that he has designed to raise as much as 1 million dollars or more for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. A great deal of time, energy and work has been put into organizing this event, but one of the key factors to making this a success is the hours Phil has spent on the bike. Though he had been training for quite some time, as the event neared Phil began to feel he’d benefit from guidance and he looked to Carmichael Training Systems for help. There is no denying that Phil was in good shape before he turned to CTS, but he fell into a very routine that’s common for many athletes: he was not allowing nearly enough time for recovery. His mileage and saddle time each week were fairly significant, but his recovery was minimal if not non-existent because days off of the bike were filled with taking care of life and work responsibilities.
This is where I came in. After spending some time on the phone and communicating through e-mail, we scheduled several days in a row off of the bike to allow for recovery before Phil began a solid block of training. Since this was something different for him, Phil’s told me, “I am nervous, but I am trying to trust you.” As the weeks have gone by I have continually put Phil to the test with longer rides as well as some intensity; but because I’ve also included adequate time for recovery he has bounced back each week feeling stronger. The one thing that we did not change was his weekly track session because it was something that he did not want to give up and it was something that he really enjoyed. After all, what fun is riding if you aren’t having fun!

Recently Phil joined Chris Carmichael and me in Colorado Springs and performed a lactate threshold and VO2 max test. The test ended up going very well and in the data recall we confirmed that his numbers for power at threshold were very similar to what we were already using in his training. We had used the CTS Field Test to establish his training intensities, and some athletes gain confidence by seeing that their lab-tested numbers are consistent with their field test results. During the VO2 portion of the test I learned one thing about Phil that I know will help him get through his ride across America: his undeniable ability to suffer. In this portion of the test he continued to push even after his numbers began to decline, far longer than we typically see people go. I was very impressed with this mental strength and it explains a lot about many of the other events Phil has completed, whether it was hitting a golf ball across Scotland or skiing behind a reindeer (I know it sounds crazy!), or simply the way that he lives his life.

This Saturday, March 28th Phil will push off on his 42-day journey. He’ll leave from Los Angeles, California and will finish in New York, NY on May 7th. Along the way riders are more than welcome to join along and ride with Phil to help him pass the miles. I am intending on tagging along somewhere in Nebraska and hope to see some of you out there as well! To track Phil’s progress and find out more information about MS you can go to www.philridesacrossamerica.com.

http://www.trainright.com/news.asp?uid=4242
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2009, 08:47:28 PM »
And yet another!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2009, 11:20:51 PM »
Just got Tweeted by Phil. Here they are within minutes of each other, just coming after midnight this morning.

Just got to Residence Inn in Vegas - happy to be done -tough ride today but had 15 mile police escort down 15 fwy - awesome experience

longest ride of the trip tomorrow - 131 miles to Caliente, NV. scotty just reminded me that we have 36 more of these to go...am i crazy?
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2009, 09:34:03 AM »
Our own Mark Yturralde from Season 13 joined Phil on the kick-off ride, and has kindly shared some new pics!! :hearts:

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,16720.msg386255.html#msg386255

RFF's Golden Rule: