Author Topic: Episode 6: East Coast live show updates and commentary  (Read 31791 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Episode 6: East Coast live show updates and commentary
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2009, 08:50:51 PM »
That was a heroic effort!! Good job Jodi and Christie!!! :yess:

Darn, am I going to cry every single week from now on?? :lol:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2009, 08:50:56 PM »
 :'(

My very fave teams never really go to the end/win in each season.

When's TAR15 starting?  :lol:
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2009, 08:51:28 PM »
It's funny after Preston & Jennifer & Steve & Linda got eliminated I have been really upset about each team getting eliminated.

I'm quite upset with every team eliminated in this season so far! Grrr!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2009, 08:51:42 PM »
I wonder how Mark & Michael managed to beat Christie & Jodi to the Pit Stop.  Maybe their driver was just fater than that of Christie & Jodi.

I should have chosen LaKisha & Jen for Joab's game!

And as for Margie, I guess she just got heatstroke or badly dehydrated.

Belle Book

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2009, 08:52:54 PM »
NEXT TIME ON .. THE AMAZING RACE:

Phil: Teams go wild in Thailand.
Elephants put their enormous feet on Racers who are lying on the ground.
Other Racers up close and personal with huge tigers.
Voice: Guys, quiet! I don't want to get eaten!

Phil: ... and the sweltering heat takes its toll on Margie.
Margie swoons.
Luke tries to hold her up, then panics as she hits the ground.
Luke: OOOHHHNOOOO!!!

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2009, 08:54:53 PM »
Can't wait for puddin's preview.
Just here to visit.

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2009, 08:55:23 PM »
That was a heroic effort!! Good job Jodi and Christie!!! :yess:

Darn, am I going to cry every single week from now on?? :lol:

Peach, I started crying when Linda/Steve was eliminated...  :'( So probably, yes, as we all know, that all of these teams are so much loveable...
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2009, 09:08:18 PM »
Wow. That was a great episode. Culture shock, the telephones & nose flutes, plus a great detour and roadblock (congrats to Mel for well, figuring it out). Next week looks like a literal mat meltdown. :P Christie & Jodi's elimination was very, very sad and I wish they could've done better though. :( Mark & Michael still seem almost...Dandrew-esque, but not quite as bumbling as them.

And please, next season, give us a brother/sister team that ISN'T a power team. Azaria & Hendekea, Nick & Starr, and now Tammy & Victor. Geez.
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2009, 10:32:51 PM »
Officially from CBS Eye-lert, start time is 8:51 p.m., but I was pretty damned close. :lol:
Ken, you were much more accurate than I. I was astounded that  CBS took 14 minutes from the end of the Louisville/Siena game until 60 Minutes started. I guess we can expect that for the next 2 Sundays.

I was also astounded at how all 3 games got dragged out, but fortuantely none went to overtime.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2009, 10:37:20 PM »
Next week is the regional final and the tip time will probably be about 5:05 p.m. ET. I would say 60 Minutes would start sometime in the 7:15 - 7:25 p.m. range next week.

In two weeks, we deal with a pre-emption.

The week after that, April 12 is The Masters and there will likely be an overrun as well.
Just here to visit.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2009, 10:42:37 PM »
Christie & Jodi leave before Mark & Michael. Interesting.
This statement is probably true. However, did you see one of the teams in position 2 to 5 pass by Mark and Michael on their way to Jaigarth Fort? That means that Mark/Michael had a built-in edge of shorter distance to that fort. That is what allowed them to overcome the presumed earlier start to the pit stop of Christie/Jodi.

I felt Christie/Jodi had earned not being last with excellent performance on the ROADBLOCK and SPEED BUMP and DETOUR bringing them nearly even after their taxi ride from Jaipur airport to Dhula Village put them far back in last place. Doing their extra task, which with transportation both ways may have cost them 30 minutes, was the straw breaking the camel's back.

Offline apskip

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2009, 10:48:00 PM »
Who would voluntarily do a needle in the haystack choice? :groan:

There are the majority of times when it isn't a good idea to do needle-in-haystack tasks. However, sometimes you have to in order to avoid last place.  For example, it probably would have been a good idea for Christie/Jodi to have done the barrels DETOUR. The best example I can give you is AR10 in Barcelona where Dustin/Kandice went for the strength task and avoided the clue-in-the-tomato-pile task. They were behind due to the Marked For Elimination penalty and really had no chance on the task they selected to make up 30 minutes.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2009, 10:48:12 PM »
Who would voluntarily do a needle in the haystack choice? :groan:
I agree with you on this! I don't understand that choice, but it worked out for them.
Just here to visit.

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2009, 11:17:09 PM »
This was very tense, except for seeing who'd come in first.

Tammy & Victor: They ran a good leg tonight.  They got lucky to find a driver right off the bat, while the other teams all had to scramble to find their own drivers.  But Victor cleaned up at the Roadblock, and they both rocked the Shakers Detour.  But Victor's voice is starting to bug me something fierce now.  Still like them, but take it down a notch, please, Victor.

Mel & Mike: Great job figuring out a good way to blow through the Roadblock the way you did, Mel.  But no more pity parties when you think you've lost the whole race for yourself and Mike, okay?  I'm getting a sad fifth- or fourth-place-finisher vibe from them, absolutely.

Kisha & Jen: Wow, they really made up for last week's near-disaster.  Kisha rocked out that Roadblock (after figuring out she could use the basket, of course), and Jen seemed really comfortable doing the Shakers Roadblock despite being laughed at.  Their speed helped them win that footrace, so good on them.

Margie & Luke: For once, not too much of them this week.  But I loved Margie being reminded that she's the "Bionic Woman."  I don't know how they heard about Tammy's nickname for her.  Luke surprisingly had rhythm at the Shakers Detour.  The deaf guy has rhythm.  Who knew?

Jaime & Cara: They're still my favorite team.  But my issue with them this week was not their task performance, as they did that pretty well, but their local interactions.  Jaime, PLEASE CALM DOWN.  Your driver didn't mean to make you think he'd abandoned you and Cara.  And not all people at a task will speak English.  Be lucky you have Cara there at all, or you'd have blown up long ago.

Mark & Michael: For being the one team to pick the needle-in-a-haystack Detour alone, I reeeeaaaalllly hoped that'd be the final nail in the coffin for them.  And this is coming from someone who LIKES them.  They were last out of the Detour, yet somehow reached the Pit Stop before Christie & Jodi.  Probably a faster cab driver in the end.

Christie & Jodi: It looks like their Speed Bump isn't really what hurt them that much.  I think they were disadvantaged by their cab driver stopping for gas.  That put them way too far back to even have a chance.  Without that mishap, I think they'd have beaten Mark & Michael.  Still, when Jodi mentioned missing her daughter, I knew they were probably toast.  It's the Women's Team Curse of India, and after striking Monica & Sheree, Tian & Jaree, and Kelly & Christy, it struck Christie & Jodi, too, though just barely.  I'm gonna miss them.  The show won't be the same without them at all.

I'd have done Shakers for the Detour myself, and I probably wouldn't have thought of the baskets, either, until seeing Mel doing it, so I sympathize will all the other racers doing that Roadblock.

So after six episodes . . .

LOVE: Tammy, Mel/Mike, Kisha/Jen, Margie/Luke, Jaime/Cara
LIKE: Victor, Mark/Michael
NEUTRAL: No one
DISLIKE: No one
HATE: No one

Well, after having two straight weeks of all loves, Mark & Michael's incompetence has pushed them down to "like" for me, as has Victor's basic annoyance factor.

GO, KISHA & JEN AND JAIME & CARA!
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!