Author Topic: American Idol Final 11 Performance Discussion  (Read 7125 times)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
American Idol Final 11 Performance Discussion
« on: March 18, 2009, 12:07:14 PM »
Interesting week, as Country has proven not the genre for some of the contestants. In my opinion, the guys ruled tonight. And it's pretty cool, that the Carrie Underwood song choices were made by the guys. Lol.

Michael Sarver - I couldn't understand a word he was saying either. It was a fun performance, but not a very memorable one. He could be in danger but given his likeability, he'll probably not be voted off.

Allison Iraheta - It was a good performance in my opinion, I enjoyed it. But perhaps it's time for her to show a softer side?

Kris Allen - One of my favourites of the night. Soulful, honest, sincere. Loved it!

Lil Rounds - It was an alright performance, I enjoyed the chorus when she showed the power in her vocals that made us fall in love with her. And I thought it was funny that Simon called her "Little" LOL.

Adam Lambert - Guess it's one of the performances you love or hate. I thought it was really interesting, first thought that came to my mind, is that Country? Dramatic performance, but he'll be fine.

Scott MacIntyre - I enjoyed the chorus when the tempo got a little faster, but it was still a very safe song choice. It's time for him to step up his game, otherwise, I don't know, he could be going home soon as people like Anoop and Matt are starting to do very well.

Alexis Grace - Simon's right, it was a forgettable performance. I hope she stays though.

Danny Gokey - He certainly can sing, but not one of my favourite performances tonight. It was pretty mild in my opinion.

Anoop Desai - Another one of my favourite performances. My hair was standing throughout the song! Great rendition of a great classic, I feared it would have turned out old-fashioned but as Simon said, zero to hero. Loved the performance, love Anoop, so glad that he's getting his act together.

Megan Joy - Certainly much better than last week. Could be in trouble, could go home, but... I really hope not.

Matt Giraud - My favourite of the night! It was heartfelt, and yes, awesome vocals. He could surprise us all and make it very far.

My ranking of the performance:
1. Matt Giraud
2. Anoop Desai
3. Kris Allen
4. Adam Lambert (yes I kinda liked it)
5. Allison Iraheta
6. Megan Joy
7. Lil Rounds
8. Danny Gokey
9. Alexis Grace
10. Scott MacIntyre
11. Michael Sarver

Predicted bottom three: Michael, Megan, Alexis

I hope that Michael goes home but... I'm guessing it could be Megan, Alexis or Allison. I don't know, even DialIdol doesn't have it good for the three girls. If I have to pick one of the three, I'd rather Megan go home but right now, please let it be Michael.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: American Idol Final 11 Performance Discussion
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 12:46:50 PM »
i think u  have a good ranking ..my fav was matt and anoop realy steped it up who new he would finaly sing agiain??
i love love matt he has a lot of versatility and great vocials.
as for adam if u think jim morroson when u watch his preformance u can maby get past how dark and weird it was. i think he has put him self in a box and won't come out, the rocker box, he is like this mix of hard rocker's from the 70's, 80,2000's jmo.
i did not love allison song as much last night but at least she tryed to do something different, in a good way, adam was way to different in his own way.

i love danny and he did a great job at the end of the song.

i hope eather scott or michael go tonight.
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 12:59:34 PM »

Ruth:
1. Matt Giraud
2. Anoop Desai
3. Kris Allen
5. Allison Iraheta
6. Megan Joy
7. Lil Rounds
8. Danny Gokey
9. Alexis Grace
10. Scott MacIntyre
11. Michael Sarver

I like your ranking too Ruth.  :tup: I don't really mind if Michael goes home, he and Scott were at the bottom for me. I would hate for another girl to leave because we don't have that many to begin with and I think AI needs them to keep it interesting.

I have a friend who is more into the rocker style and she loved Adam's performance. He tends to go towards the dark as Tory mentions, he's not leaving any time soon.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »

Ruth:
1. Matt Giraud
2. Anoop Desai
3. Kris Allen
5. Allison Iraheta
6. Megan Joy
7. Lil Rounds
8. Danny Gokey
9. Alexis Grace
10. Scott MacIntyre
11. Michael Sarver

I like your ranking too Ruth.  :tup: I don't really mind if Michael goes home, he and Scott were at the bottom for me. I would hate for another girl to leave because we don't have that many to begin with and I think AI needs them to keep it interesting.

I have a friend who is more into the rocker style and she loved Adam's performance. He tends to go towards the dark as Tory mentions, he's not leaving any time soon.

deff if u watch adams preformance and think jim morrison u would love it..
jmo i like it when the kids try to do something diff each week, adam is not going any where i just realy don;t want to re live the 70's every week lol
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2009, 03:38:06 PM »
:funny: What? No 70's every week?

FTIW, I think Adam will win the whole thing..  :-[

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 04:45:25 PM »
yea the 70's were a well blank to me lol they say if u rember the 70's u weren't realy there lol. i do rember the music loved loved it, i could play every song by csn&y on my gutar, i met them one year drank dom bk stage and took the drummer and the bass player in my truck i had at the time to the beach..i also meet kenny logins and danced with sting to roxann on stage yea the good old days.. what i rember of them lol :duno: :duno:
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 10:10:53 PM »
Tory you are a hoot!  I should be attending SxSW then I'd be more current.  :lol:

We had another shocker tonight.  :(

Alexis Grace was on the bottom and the judges decided not to save her after she performed her song again from last night.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 08:31:15 AM by TexasLady »

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 07:17:11 AM »
I was SURPRISED at the boot. I expected someone else COMPLETELY. Anyways...

Ranking of the Performances:
1. Matt
2. Anoop
3. Kris
4. Megan
5. Allison
6. Alexis
7. Danny
8. Scott
9. Lil
10. Michael
11. Adam (ugh)

Overall ranking:
1. Matt
2. Megan
3. Danny
4. Allison
5. Kris
6. Anoop
7. Alexis
8. Lil
9. Scott
10. Adam
11. Michael
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 08:33:13 AM »
Raymond I was expecting Michael to get the boot, who did you think it would be?

Offline Blondie

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Watch out, I will chop you!!!
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 09:10:00 AM »
 :waves:

I have to admit, while Adam was singing I was listening to every note. I thought it was so unique and I think he will go far in this competition. He took a country song and made it his own. Loved it!  :jam:
Lord, Keep your arm around my shoulder and your hand over my mouth...AMEN..!!

Offline pledge

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 09:21:47 AM »
I was surprised that Alexis went home.    :(   I thought it would be Michael. 
I'm glad Michael has another chance.....I just hope he sings better
next week.  I thought he could have picked a much better song during
country week.

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 09:29:08 AM »
Raymond I was expecting Michael to get the boot, who did you think it would be?

Michael. I mean I liked Adam's the least, but he ain't going anywhere for a while.

PS: OMG. It's Motown next week!!! :wohoo: :wohoo:
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 01:02:39 PM »
Sigh, can't say I was surprised. It was such a forgettable song choice for Alexis, which is such a big waste. And Allison being in the bottom three as well doesn't bode well. Guess the only female who's sure to make it far will be Lil. Alexis~~~~~~~~~~ =(

Much as I wish she'd be saved, I understand why the judges didn't save her. After all it's still so early in the competition, saving her does not mean she's gonna do very well. They'll probably save it for later, perhaps final 8 at least. I really wish it'd been Michael gone but well...... Being forgettable is very dangerous.

And soon, there won't be any more girls on AI...... :(

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 07:54:45 PM »
TL i am so NOT  current lol i was talkign about the 70's that is when i had my hay day lol surfed by day and disco by night...
any south by south w i no i could not hang i saw it on the real world one time , and yea no..

about last night poor alexis she was such a front runner i did not c that comming at all. she was in the frist group and was voted in huummmm also wth now there r 3 girls and 7 boys..the one thig this does prove is that stupid  sry rumor about the contest being fixed..i though they would save her last night but they r probly going to save it for a few weeks i am wondering how the top 10 tour is going to b with it so un balanced..

this year is realy tough all the kids r so good. i realy did think michael or scott were going by to the by last night but i talked to my aunt who is allmost 70 and she loves them and voted for them love her..
she said i realy liked that adam guy untill he sang jonny cash's song like that , she loves country music and was beside her self lol. i did not no it had been remixed and done like that by some one . so i take antogher point away from adam he did not even arrange it him self..

i hope like cream matt rises to the top love him.. and kris too..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2009, 11:33:09 AM »
Alexis gone = :'(

To be frank, i think i'm weird. I love everyone remaining. I think all of them should be in the competition and none of them should go. First time ever? :funny:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2009, 11:57:51 AM »
Well I don't think anyone should go either. People like Kris, Megan, and even Michael, might not have the big voices but they've always given their best and nothing less. But I don't love everyone in the competition, lol.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2009, 12:11:40 PM »
i realy liked motown music and i love theses contestants , but i realy did not think they did motown justice.jmo some of them were fabulous, but others that i thought were going to do great were just ok.. omg i sound like randy.. lol i loved the way adam changed it up this week so i am takeing all the negitive things i said about him, he is becomeing one of my fav's. top 3 fav's r matt, allison and all the rest this is a realy strong group.. well scott is not doing great so all but him jmo..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2009, 07:56:26 PM »
Well I don't think anyone should go either. People like Kris, Megan, and even Michael, might not have the big voices but they've always given their best and nothing less. But I don't love everyone in the competition, lol.

As in i like everyone for their potential, and there are no one like Jason or Sanjaya sucking each week and still making it through far. (:;)

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2009, 09:04:24 PM »

As in i like everyone for their potential, and there are no one like Jason or Sanjaya sucking each week and still making it through far. (:;)

sanjay wasn;t the best singer but he was a great sport he new vftw was keeping him and he felt bad too.. allso i like his personality he was very intertaining trough all that critisum, and who can forget the fohawk???
also my mom loved him, she went heaven the summer after season six.. she was tone def, and she would tell u that her self..
tv junky needs help!!!!!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2009, 10:09:54 PM »
Alexis gone = :'(

To be frank, i think i'm weird. I love everyone remaining. I think all of them should be in the competition and none of them should go. First time ever? :funny:

Yay! Joab is back! :-*

If you are weird, then I am too, I like them all this year and I hate it when one after another leaves.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2009, 11:49:08 PM »
For the top 11 performances, I thought I really enjoyed Megan, Kris, Anoop, Matt and Danny's performances. Best performance should be either Matt or Danny. But Matt seriously blew me away with his song.

The worst performance was from Alexis, and after that performance.. although I really liked her.. but I knew she would be gone.

After the top 11 week, i'm really impressed by Matt's talent.. while previous forerunners like Lil and Scott are starting to be less impressive. Allison was still in the league, but like what Simon said.. precarious.

I wished it would have been Michael to go.. but that would mean Matt might go in the top 10 week. :ascared

Sigh, byebye Alexis.

Offline tory

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2009, 05:26:35 PM »
joab r u in my brain  :ascared :ascared i am thinking excatly the same,, the one thing i need to say is that i thought adam was a one note guy just a rocker but he is realy making look fw to his preformance evey week i love this last week and blondie posted a utube of him in a play it was beond awsome go find it joab and tl if u haven't seen it , i realy give that kid props after seeing that utub...
tv junky needs help!!!!!