Author Topic: TAR14 EP7: 'Gorilla? Gorilla?? Gorilla???' (Phuket, Thailand)  (Read 134127 times)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
Re: TAR14 EP7: 'Gorilla? Gorilla?? Gorilla???' (Phuket, Thailand)
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2009, 05:05:22 PM »
It was already confirmed by puddin that Kisha & Jen aren't gonna be toast, and it won't be an NEL.

It's due to that new info I'm fearing for my cheerleaders and am hoping like hell the stuntmen, as much as I like them, finally have their bumbling catch up with them.

Relax.  Cara & Jamie were spotted in China heading to Hawaii, so we can safely say they're in the Race.

Belle Book
Now I'm fearing they were decoys all along.

And why the signing with your name?  You could put it in your siggie.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #201 on: March 27, 2009, 07:25:25 PM »
It was already confirmed by puddin that Kisha & Jen aren't gonna be toast, and it won't be an NEL.

It's due to that new info I'm fearing for my cheerleaders and am hoping like hell the stuntmen, as much as I like them, finally have their bumbling catch up with them.

Relax.  Cara & Jamie were spotted in China heading to Hawaii, so we can safely say they're in the Race.

Belle Book

That's not how I thought you'd react to my news!  I wanted you to relax, instead you're still scared.

Belle Book

P.S.  I rarely use siggies and never have done so on this site.  Or maybe using my name is my siggie.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #202 on: March 27, 2009, 07:53:18 PM »
It's Belle's signature to sign her name to her posts and I like it!

TARAsia Fan :)
Just here to visit.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #203 on: March 27, 2009, 08:33:20 PM »
Can somebody find pictures of these two things together, in the same shot?   My protractor needs to know!   :lol:

« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 12:46:52 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #204 on: March 27, 2009, 08:57:48 PM »
Is that possible? The kmz Jamie provided (attached) makes it look like the Wat itself (surrounded by spikes? little stupas?) is at the front (perpendicular), the pagoda is in the middle, and the Chedi/mat is all the way at the back.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #205 on: March 27, 2009, 09:05:25 PM »
I'm not 100% sure but this is the arrangement that I am trying to confirm:

« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 09:15:59 PM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #206 on: March 27, 2009, 09:10:29 PM »
Puddin, can you get me this exact frame in that nice hi rez that you do?

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #207 on: March 27, 2009, 09:44:55 PM »
Puddin, can you get me this exact frame in that nice hi rez that you do?
you bet!

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #208 on: March 27, 2009, 11:16:52 PM »

Belle Book

That's not how I thought you'd react to my news!  I wanted you to relax, instead you're still scared.
Look at their Pit Stop pic again (especially Cara's face) and you'll understand why. :'(
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2009, 12:24:29 AM »
These shots were taken in this order between 11:48 am and 12:19 pm (assumes November 15th).
The first two are essentially at the same time.  See why!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #210 on: March 28, 2009, 02:20:44 AM »
Well that certainly answers a lot of questions! Cara & Jamie get the penalties and Tammy comforts Cara and then there is the last team to arrive ........... :knock:

Chateau .. as always! :yourock:

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #211 on: March 28, 2009, 03:19:35 AM »
Well that certainly answers a lot of questions! Cara & Jamie get the penalties and Tammy comforts Cara and then there is the last team to arrive ........... :knock:

Chateau .. as always! :yourock:
Oh, MAN, do I hope they don't get knocked out by the penalties. :'(
Jamison

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #212 on: March 28, 2009, 03:32:40 AM »
Fabulous, Chateau!

Would Cara/Jamie (or Tammy/Victor, for that matter) have finished their penalty before Margie faints? I'd think if they were in view of the mat they would run over to help! That's a really narrow gap though!

Mm. Luke/Margie fourth again? *suspicious*

No, not Mel/Mike in danger! :( (Puddin you didn't leave us many options...)

Once again, great job, Chateau! Was wondering if it could possibly be on either side of noon, or have you taken that into account already? (If the stupa was in a different place the standings could possibly be flipped completely?)

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #213 on: March 28, 2009, 03:43:22 AM »
Wow chateau! You really are so good in analyzing those shadows!  :hearts: :jumpy:

It looks to me that everything we have speculated has been more or less answered or justified already! I'm kinda sad though, if ever Jaime/Cara did receive the penalty, it's when they came first...  :'(

Mel/Mike? Hope not!  :'( :'( :'( Waaah! This episode would be sad!
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers
« Reply #214 on: March 28, 2009, 03:45:14 AM »
Would Cara/Jaime (or Tammy/Victor, for that matter) have finished their penalty before Margie faints? I'd think if they were in view of the mat they would run over to help! That's a really narrow gap though!
Holy crap, they would!

. . . Okay, panic alleviated for now, but I've still got reservations.

You all really think Tammy & Victor's faces reflect those of someone who also just got penalized?  I think that's just surprise to have won another leg because Jaime & Cara got penalized.

I won't worry too much about Mel & Mike, either.  If Jaime & Cara and Tammy & Victor both did get penalized and both survive, then I think Mel & Mike are saved by Mark & Michael getting penalized.
Jamison

Offline realshowfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Frantic Fanfic Fanatic!
« Reply #215 on: March 28, 2009, 06:53:23 AM »
In TARA1, Andy & Laura got a speed penalty on one leg, but the penalty occurred on the next leg. Could that put into account, or is it not used in TAR? I can't remember. lol

Nooo not Mel & Mike. :( If they were last.
This summer ※ The Amazing Race: ZBC // RSF
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,31363.0.html

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #216 on: March 28, 2009, 06:59:30 AM »
Questions, questions. I've sure got them this morning.

Let me start with a question for puddin: Where did these strips come from(the answer obviously has to be CBS)?
and one for all of us: Why is CBS releasing such information in this episode when to the best iof my knowledge in the 2.4 years I have been active on RFF there has never been photos of each team's finish available as a preview?

Next for Chateau: If you did the time estimates for Jaime/Cara, why not for all the others too (or is that coming?)?
I am specifically interested in Kisha/Jen because they look very unhappy at the pit stop but the rest will provide insights too. Also, why in the side-by-side of Jaime/Cara and Tammy/Victor do you conclude that they were simultaneous, as the aangle of the shadow across her chest is much sharper for Tammy than for Jaime and Cara. I recognize that the tilt to Tammy's head could account for part of it, but does it account for all of it?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 07:02:50 AM by apskip »

Offline Moo

• Poster
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Japanese Woman FTW!
« Reply #217 on: March 28, 2009, 07:28:03 AM »
Questions, questions. I've sure got them this morning.

and one for all of us: Why is CBS releasing such information in this episode when to the best iof my knowledge in the 2.4 years I have been active on RFF there has never been photos of each team's finish available as a preview?

CBS probably wants people to talk about the race more, and guess who gets the boot or the penalty. Its a first for the race for a team to get two penalties in a leg right?
Account is awaiting approval for deletion (approved)

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #218 on: March 28, 2009, 07:46:05 AM »
My own interpretation of the penalty is that Tammy & Victor are penalised with the two penalties. Jaime & Cara arrive at the mat in second place, just as Tammy & Victor's penalty ends. Phil says, "Jaime & Cara, you have not arrived within Tammy & Victor's penalty time. Tammy & Victor, you are team number one." Tammy & Victor look relieved, just like in that shot. Meanwhile, Jaime & Cara look upset that they narrowly missed their first first place finish of the race.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline ready2rock

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #219 on: March 28, 2009, 08:09:53 AM »
Great job Chateau!!! Ok puddin after all this do u still believe that kisha and jen are not going next bcz we all know mel and mike are going to stay so i'm again worried about kisha and jen after looking at their position shud i believe that mark and michael get a penalty but what if even kisha and jen get it eeeeeh!!! i'm going mad plz puddin help!!! :pull
The Amazing Race Season 14's favourite team-Kisha and Jen

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: March 28, 2009, 08:17:30 AM »
Next for Chateau: If you did the time estimates for Jaime/Cara, why not for all the others too (or is that coming?)?

Here is my interpretation.  The times that Chateau gave us is for all of the teams arrival, first through last vs the arrival time for just Jamie/Cara.

Gator 27
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 08:23:24 AM by gator27 »

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #221 on: March 28, 2009, 08:30:01 AM »

I am specifically interested in Kisha/Jen because they look very unhappy at the pit stop but the rest will provide insights too. Also, why in the side-by-side of Jaime/Cara and Tammy/Victor do you conclude that they were simultaneous, as the aangle of the shadow across her chest is much sharper for Tammy than for Jaime and Cara. I recognize that the tilt to Tammy's head could account for part of it, but does it account for all of it?

Maybe Chateau used shadow that are elsewhere in each vidcap.  Maybe the shadow on the Gold thing in the back ground.

Gator 27

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #222 on: March 28, 2009, 08:46:30 AM »
Next On The Amazing Race

Gorilla? Gorilla?? Gorilla??? (Thailand)

Teams take a walk on the wild side…or rather, the wild side walks on them.

One team finds itself at the mercy of a slow moving Thai shopkeeper:yess:

A first place team finds itself in the penalty box—and their victory in jeopardy hmmm

and in the extreme temperature of Thailand, one racer collapses from exhaustion.

Based on the wording ... victory in jeopardy ... it makes me think the first place team will not be eliminated.  And it will be close whether or not they actaully win the leg.

Our PitStop pictures assume that this is the first time a team arrives at the mat.  However, maybe we are actually seeing the first place team at the mat after serving their penalty, their second time stepping on the mat.

Jamie/Cara, you are the first team to arrive, but have 2 penalties.

Tammy & Victor, you are the second team to arrive. ..... However, because of Jamie/Cara's penalties, you are the winners of this leg of the race.

This just speculation on my part.

Gator 27

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #223 on: March 28, 2009, 08:47:55 AM »
All I can say is AWESOME analysis Chateau! I thought for sure it was Luke's shirt not Tammy's shoulder, but it can't be of course. No wrinkles!

Awesome!  :tup:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline :jerry:

• RFF Sr. Member
  • JTAR Season 1 is on RIGHT NOW!
« Reply #224 on: March 28, 2009, 09:58:29 AM »
Cara/Jaime won't be eliminated because they have eyewitness reports spotted in China airport heading to Hawaii .

Also, if we take this literally: A first place team finds itself in the penalty box—and their victory in jeopardy
then it would have to be either Tammy/Victor, Margie/Luke or Mel/Mike... the only 3 teams (left) that have had 1st place finishes.

ummmm..i think FIRST PLACE TEAM means they arrived at the pit stop in Phuket first, it doesnt mean that a team that got first place before. well, i think it doesnt...
Jerry's fantasy game partcipation:
Vic's 4th Race: Jerry and Uycocoa Eliminated
MTAR Season 3: Jerry and Panda (Natasha and Paula) Eliminated

JTAR Season 1 Nanaimo Leg is on right now!