I am beginning to wonder if we have completely missed the detours. A possible scenario:
1) Fly to Phuket and find monkey at zoo. Then a take a number general task. Get tiger pic and elephant massage.
2) Go to Patong Beach for detours.
3) When finished with detours, go to herb shop for next clue
4) Clue is roadblock which pulling the rickshaw around Phuket city in a specific route.
5) After arriving at park with rickshaw, get clue to go to Pit Stop.
I have been looking at the shadows in all the shots. It appears to me that T/V arrive at the Pit Stop much much earlier than anyone else. There is no shadow on the stupa. In the pics of Mel/Mike, Kisha/Jen, Luke/Margie and Mark/Michael the shadow is almost the same. So a pretty close finish. I can't really tell in the photo of Jamie/Cara, but there seems to be a faint shadow that matches the other 4 teams. From the blogger, we know that Mel/Mike and T/V arrived on a flight by themselves. So I wonder how come the mat times for these two teams are so far apart. In the photo of Victor pulling the rickshaw in Phuket city, the shadows appear around noon to me also.
If they drop the teams off at the street at the Pit Stop, it looks like a pretty good sprint/jog to the mat and that could be what did Margie in, after pulling that rickshaw around. Isn't about a mile to mile and half from King Rama park to Pit Stop?
The gym at the park could be the location of the clue box to proceed to the Pit Stop. It doesnt even have to be open for that.