Author Topic: TAR14 EP5: "She’s a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She’ll Be OK!" (Siberia)  (Read 82530 times)

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Look just to the left of Spartak stadium and you'll see the tires.  :yess:  :jam:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
To your "mockba" Slowhatch ..good eye! :jam:

..and I should thank gelio for the photo.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
Look just to the left of Spartak stadium and you'll see the tires.  :yess:  :jam:

Tires:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Victor is turning right off Krasnyy onto Frunze when the caps were taken (Premier computer shop and Avelon beauty products). If he's on his way to the snowplow task (seems likely), then ditching the others is kind of pointless because he's only a couple of blocks away.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
Thanks Puddin. Those are some pretty beautiful pictures. About the 20th one, I dawned on me that gelio is a crane operator with a camera.
Matthew 7:15

Offline eragon

• RFF Frantic Poster
If the number has to do with the teams so we expect Margie/Luke, Cara/Jaime, Tammy/Victor the top 3 teams for this leg...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
If the number has to do with the teams so we expect Margie/Luke, Cara/Jaime, Tammy/Victor the top 3 teams for this leg...

I think the racing numbers refer to how they START the run only...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
It makes more sense to have the Roadblock right before the PitStop, so that racers can warm up right away.

Because it looks like we have 7 runners, I say we have no FastForward this week.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
I hate to say it, but I don't think we'll be seeing any Fast Forward clues this season.

We all know the Fast Forward has been Fast Fading for a long time, maybe CBS have finally decided to ditch it.

And could the Roadblock possibly be the way of getting to the Pit Stop, while the other racer is taken straight there (Sort of similar to S10)?

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
one more time ....

Luke #1
Cara #2
Tammy #3
Mike or Mark #4
Mike or Mark #5
Jen #6
Christie #7

I am modifying your list this way ...

Luke #1
Cara #2
Tammy #3
Mike or Michael or Mark #4
Mike or Michael or Mark #5
Jen #6
Christie #7

There is a photo of one of the stuntmen at the finish line of the run and I think it is Mark in the photo.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
It's possible that either Christie or Jodi might have the stick shift problem after all and get the last-place non-elimination -- or maybe they have the problems before the Roadblock but are saved from non-elimination by Mark & Michael getting lost.  In either case, I still think LaKisha & Jen are going home next week.

Belle Book

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
I hate to say it, but I don't think we'll be seeing any Fast Forward clues this season.

We all know the Fast Forward has been Fast Fading for a long time, maybe CBS have finally decided to ditch it.

I heard a rumor that there is only 1 Fast Forward this season but don't hold me to it.
Thanks Puddin. Those are some pretty beautiful pictures. About the 20th one, I dawned on me that gelio is a crane operator with a camera.
Pity the people with dial up :lol:! I think the Mall photo was on page 17?

Oh and from this album , I do believe its in the Novosibirsk Theatre :) << as suspected.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
I too remember one fast forward for this race, but now can't remember where that came from.

Oh nice puddin!! I tried to get in there last night, and fell asleep looking, :funny:

So my ballet is either the Pitstop or a pick up the clue, making me also agree that the FF seems unlikely this week.

Have to say, cold or not, I am NOT too fond of inside PitStops...

Can't wait for TRAINS though!! :happy:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I think it's a nice change from previous legs. Indoors is ok.
Just here to visit.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
There is a photo of one of the stuntmen at the finish line of the run and I think it is Mark in the photo.

Can someone pull this? Not sure I have seen it....
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

It's Michael cheering so I assume Mark is the marathoner

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

It's Michael cheering so I assume Mark is the marathoner

To try and figure out which stuntman is pictured above, I went to the CBS web site.  I think it is the brother on the left, Mark.  Anyone have a good way to tell them apart?

Offline hakushu8

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Frantic Poster
That's Michael. For me, he's the older and heftier one.

For future reference on Mark, here's his IMDB page.

ETA: Here's Michael's IMDB page.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 12:21:26 PM by hakushu8 »
just dance
~*~
I don't understand the question, and I won't respond to it.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Well, from that promo, it looks like Jaime & Cara's mostly good edit (up to now) is going down the tubes, thanks to Jaime.
Unless you were there Ashe how can you know what went down? Again, its easy to sit at home and judge the racers when really we don't know! The editors can edit a racer anyway they chose, its out of the racers hands and we know this right!? Obviously those snowplow guys were told NOT to help the racers, and we know that from past races right? I do!  Wouldn't you be frustrated if in the heat of the race you couldn't get a simple answer? Jamie is NOT really this crazy, mean redheaded woman, editing just makes her appear this way  :meow:
If anything Victor is getting the prick edit and again why the editors chose to edit the racers this way only they know and I don't agree with their ways :knuckles:

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Thanks, hakushu8, the IMDB pages cleared it up.  CBS says Mark & Michael and then the pictures are Michael (left) and Mark (right).

Now I know how I got confused.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
I find it very difficult to understand how in a cosmopolitan city of 1.5 million there is not one single blogger with a camera. Worse than Portland...  (:;)

None of those university students spoiled anything for us - maybe that's part of the reason BVM keeps going to Russia - "don't talk about the Amazing Race or you go to gulag"
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City

Thanks, hakushu8, the IMDB pages cleared it up.  CBS says Mark & Michael and then the pictures are Michael (left) and Mark (right).

Mark/Mike have different "noses." Hard to tell them apart with all the clothes on in Siberia, but the noses are in view. Mike has a Roman nose and Mark has a Bob Hope nose.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Ashe

• RFF Sr. Member
    • Black Crystal Battlers

Yeah, I really am disappointed with CBS.com.  They used to make sure the teams' names were in the right order, and that they were pictured in the right order.   But since TAR12, it's like they don't even try most of the time.
Jamison

Eleven teams race around the world for $1,000,000 on The Amazing Race 14!  Sundays at 8/7 Central on CBS!

Offline ImANewUser

• RFF Frantic Poster

Yeah, I really am disappointed with CBS.com.  They used to make sure the teams' names were in the right order, and that they were pictured in the right order.   But since TAR12, it's like they don't even try most of the time.

Well, after somewhat not caring about the site's aesthetic value for some time, it doesn't surprise me at all.
I'm baaaaaack!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
These are hard to grab but at CBS's homepage you can view the flash photos
http://www.cbs.com/

soooooooo
Luke #1
Cara #2
Tammy #3
Mike #4
 Mark #5 << assumes