Author Topic: TAR14 EP5: "She’s a Little Scared of Stick, But I Think She’ll Be OK!" (Siberia)  (Read 82509 times)

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
My running thoughts ...

The numbers are the order in which teams hit the starting gate.  I suspect we will have a bunch point before the Roadblock where teams must pull numbers for their starting order.  The runners will leave the starting line at set intervals (e.g., 2 minutes apart), thus having the opportunity to pass runners and improve their placing.

I thought that seeing Margie in a car meant different start and finish lines.  But Uncle Bill's thought of Margie being available for Luke's communication makes sense.  We need more video evidence.

A 2-3 mile run would be tough for any non-runner.  I would be surprised if the run was that long.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
 :yess:  finally got it!  This preview had me stumped...but not any more.  It's a view of the parking area from the October Bridge (which Slowhatch id'd earlier).  So now we have a tie-in with the long view of the bridge in the previews.  What they do in this school bus minibus (marshrutka) parking lot is anyone's guess.   :lol:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 06:59:37 PM by Boingo »

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Finally something! Hopefully a better copy during Survivor tonight .....

<< Thats Mike White

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Victor is the one that leaves the teams behind per clue

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Victor is the one that leaves the teams behind per clue

I think I missed something? Leaves who behind? What clue?

And we have running, and the stick shift...

So where does the ballet come in? Just a get a clue place, or "something fun"?

Ready, set, strip! Racers Run Wild. One team turns on two others-until it no longer suits their needs. One team goes for the fun-will their party priorities pay off?

Could that be a FF? Would we have a FF and a NEL together? ???

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
page 1 peach ..One team turns on two others-until it no longer suits their needs

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
video

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
page 1 peach ..One team turns on two others-until it no longer suits their needs

Oh I had the turns on, just didn't know that was the left behind too? :funny:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Ready, set, strip! Racers Run Wild. One team turns on two others-until it no longer suits their needs. One team goes for the fun-will their party priorities pay off?

It's happened - the tattoo was an NEL, so was the Chas' wild ride, the Paolo bungee jump and that scary ass cooling tower crawl in South Africa (the last two which were also leg 5).

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Well if a team were to take a FF the only evidence we have are Mike & Mel so far not doing a task. I say we wait for more evidence though.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

Following up on my earlier post, I think the running Roadblock has the same start/finish line.   Thanks puddin for the video evidence.

Sorry about that.  Once I posted and reviewed the picture, I now have a different take on this vidcap.  Now I think this group is cheering the stick shift event.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
The only hit I got off "premier" was a computer store at 32 sovetskaya (map).
Is he driving a snowplow or some railroad thingy?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
I think Mark is driving something like a bobcat with tracks. Carrying that box in front somewhere.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Uncle Bill

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
He is driving a bobcat of some what with a convyer belt  on the side and he has to follow the lines of tires  and they are scooped up on the belt and onto a truck or something the bottom of the conver belt you can see the form of a scoop. It looks like they have to scoop up the tires.  Just like we do to collect hay and it gets baled.
You can see the other rows of tires
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 04:50:08 PM by Uncle Bill »
I WILL TRY

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
He is driving a bobcat of some what with a convyer belt  on the side and he has to follow the lines of tires  and they are scooped up on the belt and onto a truck or something the bottom of the conver belt you can see the form of a scoop. It looks like they have to scoop up the tires.  Just like we do to collect hay and it gets baled.
You can see the other rows of tires

I think its a snow melter - normally it picks up snow in the front and feeds it to a boiler in the back that melts it - then the snow goes down the storm sewers.
Hopefully they're not melting tires...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline Kogs

• Amazing detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster

It's happened - the tattoo was an NEL, so was the Chas' wild ride, the Paolo bungee jump and that scary ass cooling tower crawl in South Africa (the last two which were also leg 5).

tar5 had a nel with the ff in egypt and in india when brandon and nicole were saved

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse

tar5 had a nel with the ff in egypt and in india when brandon and nicole were saved

I think it is very possible.
TAR 7 Leg 5:  Ray and Deana do a SCARY FF!  Gretchen gets hurt and her team has to lose all of their belongings.
TAR 6 Leg 7:  Lori and Bolo drink that delicious pig's blood, and come in 1st!  Hayden and Aaron bicker and get lost and are saved, but lose all of their money.
It didn't happen last season, so they might do it this season.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 05:31:26 PM by Snooky101 »

honeybee

Following up on my earlier post, I think the running Roadblock has the same start/finish line.   Thanks puddin for the video evidence.

Sorry about that.  Once I posted and reviewed the picture, I now have a different take on this vidcap.  Now I think this group is cheering the stick shift event.

But this appears to be Mike cheering, and in the other shots, he is the one in the big machine with Mark yelling at him (with no crowds cheering).  Besides, the running task appears to be the roadblock which means the other task(s) would be a detour in which case both Mike & Mark would be working on it.  My guess is that this shot is Mike cheering on Mark on the running roadblock.

The shots of Margie/Luke, Tammy/Victor do appear to be in a car (the stick shift detour?) so maybe the shot of Mike/Mark in whatever machine that is with the tires is either the other detour or a Fast Forward!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Which still leaves the ballet unclaimed...must just be a collect a clue place then.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Any odds that this is a TBC leg? CBS website not putting up a preview is odd and now we have Phils diary labeled EP5 which is obviously for EP4 pitstop.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
This is the best I can manage so far. The conveyor belt/dump truck combo allows work in urban areas where snow can't be tossed aside. I can't explain the blades in the cap, though (if they are blades); blades wouldn't be used in the city.

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
Any odds that this is a TBC leg? CBS website not putting up a preview is odd and now we have Phils diary labeled EP5 which is obviously for EP4 pitstop.

Could be possible...  I don't remember CBS ever saying 12 LEGS.  They only said 12 episodes.

Offline Boingo

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Is that a radio/TV tower in the background?  Wonder if it matches this one I found in Novosibirsk.  :duno: