Author Topic: Survivor Future Locations  (Read 4523 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Survivor Future Locations
« on: February 26, 2009, 10:35:23 AM »
This article (cache version) was up yesterday but has been pulled since then.

Samoa expected to host US Survivor TV show
Posted at 01:55 on 25 February, 2009 UTC

According to Samoa’s Newsline newspaper, the television series Survivor will soon be filming in Samoa.
Newsline quotes what it says are reliable sources saying that Samoa was confirmed as a location at the weekend.
The Deputy Prime Minister and head of the tourism industry, Misa Telefoni, is expected to make a formal announcement next week.
Publishers and the owners of the various media outlets in the country are invited for what the Ministry of Tourism has called an exclusive meeting next Monday.
Survivor is a reality television show in which contestants are isolated in the wilderness and compete for cash and other prizes.
Samoa would be the seventh Pacific site chosen for the series after Vanuatu, Palau, the Cook Islands, Fiji, the Marquesas in French Polynesia and Micronesia.
News Content © Radio New Zealand International
PO Box 123, Wellington, New Zealand

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Survivor Future Locations
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 06:58:12 PM »
According to this blog:

No its not the truth,

Samoa is in competition with Vanuatu as to who will host and we have to put in bids. Vanuatu is the front runner as they have a;ready hosted and are well aware of the logistics needed to host. That is why its been kept under raps becuase if the new leeks out then that would affect the chances of Samoa getting it. So thank you for telling the world and therefore ruining the chances of Samoa being the host. People just can't get it into their stupid heads to keep SOME THINGS under raps.

Offline GonzaloChileno

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 07:25:21 PM »
i don't want oceania again, but between Samoa and Vanuatu i prefer Samoa.  :tup:
Charla&MirnaLover<3

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 10:50:53 AM »
 :yess:

Survivor's next 'secret' location exposed

Hit reality television show Survivor is to be filmed later this year in Samoa - but Samoan journalists are being heavily pressured not to reveal this until May.

The CBS show has previously used Pacific nations of Palau, Fiji, the Cook Islands, Vanuatu and French Polynesia.

The latest show is apparently to be made a short distance from a couple of luxury hotels - and Faleolo International Airport which is just three hours from Auckland.

None of this is allowed to be known in Samoa, according to veteran Samoan journalist Apulu Lance Polu, who runs the online Talamua news service.

In an editorial he revealed Deputy Prime Minister Misa Telefoni had called publishers, editors and media owners to a meeting.

There the media were confronted by "a Caucasian man who claimed to have been a journalist representing an overseas company filming a popular TV reality show on CBS that claimed 100 million TV viewers worldwide".

He said Survivor's advanced team would arrive in Samoa in April "and they expect none of their activities to be reported by the local media.

more here..............

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4865382a1860.html

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 06:36:46 PM »