This shot was taken between 8:20 and 8:40 am (assumes November 8th).
Probably an hours of operation delay and the Roadblock is the first task of the leg.
I have a few comments to make:
- I do think that this shot was taken early in the morning, but it could have been shot before any teams had even arrived in Siberia, for promotional purposes/added shots. Later, all of the shots of teams in the carts are from a camera attached to the front of the cart looking back at them. So this time does not necessarily mean that is when they performed the roadblock.
- In fact, I was trying also to determine if the roadblock or detour comes first by looking at the sky. In some shots of the roadblock with Luke in the cart you can see little breaks of sky, and during the detour shots everything looks cloudy with no breaks. Maybe the roadblock is later in the day when the sun tried to break through a little bit?
- Also in the cab ride where Mark/Michael say they have a lead, it is dark. But both the roadblock & detour have plenty of light, so I think it is very possible that the other teams catch up to the other three, taking away their lead.
- I agree that in the commercial it sounds like "WHO got u-turned", but if not mistaken it sounds very much like Mark's voice to me. In which case Mike pointing behind him could very well be Amanda & Kris. Considering Mel & Mike's entire woodpile tumbling to the ground I would not be surprised if they switched detours at that moment.
Looking at it, it just looks like if somebody gets U-Turned, they won't know who did it to them.
- Definitely only room on that sign for one big picture. I think that the team can pick whomever they want, but since they don't have to post their picture (so no one knows who did it to them) it is "blind". I didn't look it up, but if I remember correctly, no one used the U-turn on anyone last season, right? No one wanted to hurt feelings or have karma to play itself out, so I bet the producers thought it might get used if no one knows who did it. However I'm sure then teams will start speculating conspiracy theories...
- Notice we have no shots of either Amanda or Kris performing the roadblock. Maybe on purpose?