Author Topic: CBS Likely to Greenlight 'Survivor's' 19th, 20th Cycles  (Read 3418 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
CBS Likely to Greenlight 'Survivor's' 19th, 20th Cycles
« on: February 26, 2009, 10:15:55 AM »
CBS Likely to Greenlight 'Survivor's' 19th, 20th Cycles
By Josef Adalian

CBS is close to ordering two more cycles of "Survivor," ensuring Mark Burnett's landmark reality series will be around to celebrate its 10-year anniversary next summer.

With the show continuing to bring in big numbers on Thursday nights, CBS is expected to give the go-ahead to the 19th and 20th cycles of Mr. Burnett's series, according to an industry source with knowledge of the situation. The two cycles would air during the 2009-10 season.

"Survivor" premiered on May 31, 2000, as a summer event. Following its phenomenal initial success, CBS has aired the series twice each year, with new cycles in the fall and the winter.

Defying the gravitational forces that usually pull down ratings for shows as they age, "Survivor" continues to show spunk in its ninth year in existence. Indeed, last week's second episode of the current "Survivor" season posted an increase over the previous week's 18th season premiere. It's the first time in at least five years that the show has experienced that sort of post-premiere jump.

Overall, last week's episode of "Survivor" averaged 13.59 million viewers, ranking as the No. 11 show overall and beating out younger series such as "Lost," "24" and "CSI: NY."

"Survivor" host Jeff Probst won an Emmy for reality show host in September

http://www.tvweek.com/news/2009/02/cbs_likely_to_greenlight_survi.php

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Re: CBS Likely to Greenlight 'Survivor's' 19th, 20th Cycles
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 10:41:31 AM »
oops there it is :D

CBS ORDERS TWO MORE EDITIONS OF "SURVIVOR" FOR BROADCAST DURING THE 2009-2010 SEASON
CBS has ordered two more editions of SURVIVOR to be broadcast during the 2009-2010 season.  These will mark the 19th and 20th editions of broadcast television's longest-running reality competition series. Jeff Probst, who won the Emmy Award for Outstanding Host for a Reality or Reality Competition Series, will continue as host.

"SURVIVOR is one of CBS's signature series and a symbol of enduring quality and entertainment on prime time television," said Nina Tassler, President, CBS Entertainment.  "Every season delivers a fresh new adventure for viewers and a time period-winning performance on the network.  We're excited to deliver audiences two more editions of outstanding production values, exotic scenery, new castaways and, of course, our Emmy Award-winning host."

"I am happy to be able produce two more editions of survivor for our loyal fans," said Mark Burnett, Executive Producer of SURVIVOR. "Our show stands for high quality family entertainment and all of us on this team will continue to deliver on this promise."

"We have a unique relationship with our audience," said Jeff Probst, host of SURVIVOR.  "They tell us what they like and we listen.   It's worked for 18 editions and we're looking forward to delivering two more satisfying seasons!"

This fall, SURVIVOR: GABON (8.4/14, 13.8 million viewers), the franchise's 17th edition, continued its ratings dominance, winning its Thursday (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) time period every week in viewers, adults 18-49 (4.6/12) and adults 25-54 (5.8/14). 

The 18th edition, SURVIVOR:  TOCANTINS, premiered on Feb. 12 and continues to place first in its time period in viewers (13.61m), adults 18-49 (4.5/13) and adults 25-54 (5.6/14). Last week's episode built on its premiere by +2% in adults 18-49 (4.5/12 from 4.4/13) and by +4% in adults 18-34 (2.6/08 from 2.5/07).   

The groundbreaking reality series, which premiered in May 2000, has anchored CBS's winning Thursday lineup since February 2001. 

SURVIVOR is produced by SEG, Inc.  Mark Burnett is executive producer.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 09:51:15 PM »
I'm not complaining! :yess:

Offline bag

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 07:48:12 AM »
10 years...wow, it's amazing how time flies, isn't it?

This is good news and I'll be looking forward to the next seasons! :yess: (Now if only we could get such guarantees for TAR!)
The Incredible Race 2: Currently in Kathmandu, Nepal - Episode 4 is up!

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:38:17 AM »
10 years...wow, it's amazing how time flies, isn't it?

This is good news and I'll be looking forward to the next seasons! :yess: (Now if only we could get such guarantees for TAR!)

Survivor can't go without TAR.. :funny:

(Just let me be delusional..)